RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Jim watched the stars from his viewing window in their bedroom. It still filled him with awe “ the vastness and power of space. It probably always would. Strong arms settled around him and pulled him against a strong chest. He leaned his head back on Spock’s naked shoulder and hummed contently as Spock kissed his neck. Those strong hands moved down his own chest, until they spanned Jim’s stomach “ all but cupping him and holding him safe.

Life was brewing there once more and it filled him with the same wonder that it had when he had been carrying George. Jim smiled as he thought about George’s reaction to a fourth family member in their quarters. He would make a fine big brother. Jim was sure of it. He wondered about the child Spock and he had created just now as well. He already loved it more than he could say.

“You’ve made me happy.” Jim spoke, looking sideways at Spock as he placed his own hands on top of Spock’s. It wasn’t something he said a lot to Spock. It just wasn’t something that came up a lot. Spock’s lips turned up into a full-blown smile at his words though. Jim grinned at the sight. Spock didn’t smile those full-blown smiles just for anyone or anything.

“You have made me just as content, t’hy’la.” Spock murmured contentedly. And he then leaned down slightly to kiss Jim into a breathless stupor. The arms tightened around him as he swayed slightly from side to side. Jim relaxed completely into that comforting hold. He knew that he could count on Spock to be there for him “ to always support him in every way. Spock would stand by him and hold him. He would keep him safe.

“I can’t wait.” Jim whispered pressing down slightly on Spock’s hands, looking back at the stars. Spock just kissed his neck again.




*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*




Jim watched amusedly as Bones, Sarek and Spock all but forced him to sit down whenever he tried to stand up. They all continuously offered him refreshments and he would have been more annoyed at their antics if they weren’t so funny as well. Of course, if they kept it up the whole nine months “ Jim suspected that it would be a whole lot less amusing. They had tried something similar the first time he had been pregnant and he had had to resort to harsh measures to keep some privacy and independency. He knew it was because they worried, but he was only pregnant. He was not disabled in any way that prevented him from doing normal things “ things like standing up and pouring himself his own glass of water. He wouldn’t ever say no to one of Spock’s excellent foot rubs, though, Jim was only human after all.

A tentative pat on his abdomen made him refocus. George was on his knees on the sofa “ sitting all but plastered next to Jim. His eyes were squinted as he tilted his head “ examining Jim’s stomach. His boy looked up at Jim “ visibly contemplating the situation.

“Does it have enough room?” George asked worriedly “ poking his stomach gently “ and Jim smiled at the question as well as the cautious examination. He heard Bones choke on his drink and Sarek murmur something in the background. Spock settled down next to Jim and placed a hand on his stomach.

“He or she is still very tiny, George. But yes, there’s more than enough room.” Jim spoke, smoothing down a hand over George’s hair.

His son frowned again. “Are you sure daddy?”

Jim chuckled slightly. “I’m very sure, George. You really needn’t worry. After all, you were there too for nine months and you had enough room. I’m sure your little brother or sister will be just fine.”

George’s eyes went wide at that.

“I was in your tummy for nine months?”

Spock brushed a hand down their son’s head as well, capturing his interest.

“You indeed gestated inside you father’ womb for nine months as is normal in both Vulcan and human pregnancies. It is only logical to extrapolate that your sibling will more or less spend the same amount of time there. We will count on you to take your father’s growing limitations into account and not needlessly stress or physically exert him. I also personally know that you will help us tremendously once the child is born. A newly born infant is small and helpless on its own. It depends on the nourishment and affection provided by its caretakers. I know that you will perform your task as the elder sibling admirably during the gestation as well as after the birth.”

George smiled sunnily at that and Jim choked back full-blown laughter. Only Vulcans could make a pregnancy sound so technical and still convey the joy of the proceedings so admirably.

“You will indeed make a fine big brother.” Jim said, seconding Spock in less technical terms. George climbed into his lap with great exaggerated care “ watching his elbows and knees for once. Bones chuckled at the sight and Jim smiled at his best friend for a moment, before George placed both his hands on his stomach. Both hands were placed carefully as well as around Spock’s larger hand and the sight filled him with happiness. Spock brushed his other hand across Jim’s psi-points and the brief connection of four entities was overwhelming. Jim gasped as he felt the little bundle of life pulse once before the connection was slowly shut off. It wasn’t as if it was an aware sentient being yet, but it was there. Jim smiled and kissed Spock slowly.

George shrieking softly yet happily broke their kiss though. They watched as their son bent down “ his nose almost to Spock’s and his own hands. Spock removed his hand and cupped their son’s head gently “ stroking the blond strands back.

“Hello” An exited George whispered loudly against Jim’s still flat stomach. “I’m your big brother.”



*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*



Four months into the pregnancy

Jim groaned, shifting on the bio-bed. Bones hovered closely, running all kinds of diagnostics and waving a tricorder over his body for the fourth time.

“I’m sorry Jim, it’s still only the morning sickness.”

Jim rested his head to the side, glaring at Bones. He turned slightly to glare at Spock, before closing his eyes.

“I know that.” He gritted out. “I know it’s only morning sickness “ though it is totally not limited to mornings as I’m miserable most of the time. But I know. I knew last week that it’s only the morning sickness and I know that it is morning sickness now and I know it will be morning sickness that is making me feel like this until the damn kid stops using my bladder for a trampoline.”

Bones hesitated, sensing that this was a veritable verbal minefield waiting to happen.

“And you know I can’t really give you a lot for the morning sickness.” He said almost soothingly. Jim all but freaked out silently. Bones speaking soothingly was creeping him the fuck out. Jim shifted uneasily, trying to find a comfortable position. Something that wasn’t easy on a hard flat bio-bed, especially with trying to balance the extra weight.

“I know.” He all but hissed in response to the creepy tone in his best friend’s voice.

“Then, why are you here Jim?” Bones asked a little more grouchy. Good, none of these nice bedside manners. I really can’t deal with more craziness. Jim thought. It didn’t stop him from opening his eyes and glaring straight at the both Bones and Spock.

“Because Spock here has decided to turn mother-henning into a fucking art form.”

Spock shifted slightly from side to side. If Jim didn’t know any better, he would say that Spock was anxious. His husband addressed a slightly incredulous looking Bones. At least the craziness was getting shared. Jim shouldn’t be the only one dealing with the clusterfuck of an overprotective mother-henning Vulcan. Spock hadn’t been this bad when he was carrying George. It looked as if the degree of mornings sickness was in direct correlation with the level of worrying that Vulcans did though. Jim groaned at the thought of five more months of this. The morning sickness wasn’t as bad as the damn over protectiveness.

“Doctor, you have indicated that Jim would have to watch his activities and meticulously follow up on any irregularities that might present themselves.”

“Spock…” Bones began.

Jim could hear the amusement buried there though. Fucker better not make fun of him though, because Bones wouldn’t hit a pregnant person and Jim would totally take advantage of that. He whimpered as the nausea rolled through him again. He hadn’t known that the morning sickness could turn worse with second pregnancies.

“Jim is just experiencing morning sickness, Spock. You don’t have to worry.” Bones continued; his amusement coming through more and more.

“There is no just about this fucking morning sickness, Bones, believe me.” Jim bit out.