RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Several days later


Jim looked at Bones and winced slightly at the disbelief pouring off of his best friend.

“Jim…” Bones began slowly, as if he were a child or naïve or just not fully capable of seeing the situation for what it was. Jim had put a lot of thought in this. He only had to make Bones see that. This wasn’t a rash decision. He couldn’t afford for it to be one. A decision like this one was a life changing event “ a second one but just as invasive and important. It deserved the attention and consideration that was due.

“Jim, Jim, Jim.” Bones spoke in astonishment. “No.”

Jim met that blue eyed gaze. He could see the stubbornness and worry there. He had known Bones wouldn’t react the way he wanted to immediately, but he hoped that Bones would see reason after he explained himself.

“It’s my decision, Bones.”

“You’re just… You’re just confused Jim. You don’t have to do this. You don’t have to prove anything to anyone. Nobody will force the matter. Just because they’re looking at you funny, it doesn’t mean you have to bend over and please them.”

Jim reared back as if slapped “ a little hurt and doubting.

“Is that what you think?” He asked, his voice a bit more gravely than normal. He needed to know. And it had been said and it couldn’t be unsaid. If Jim didn’t question it, it would eat him alive. He wasn’t really sure he would stomach the answer though. “that I bend over whenever I think they want me to?” Jim looked away.

A beat.

“No.” Bones spoke “ his voice not completely normal either. “No, I’m sorry Jim. I didn’t mean that.”

Didn’t you? He thought, but didn’t say. It didn’t really matter though, because Bones knew him. A strong hand gripped his shoulder and Jim looked back at his best friend. Bones looked contrite and weary and that more than anything else set Jim’s mind at ease.

“No, I don’t.” Bones spoke firmly and confidently “ like it’s the god hones truth and Jim thought that it might be. Bones continued to hold Jim’s gaze, which helped immensely in accepting it for truth as well. He nodded once and the hand gripping his shoulder fell to Bones’ side. They shifted on the sofa in Bones’ office in silence. After a few heavy moments, Bones broke the silence first.

“Just explain it to me, Jim. Explain to me why you want a child now, after you know about the Vulcans and their backwards expectations? You don’t have to do anything. You’re maybe one of the few people that don’t have to bow down “ that don’t have to get pregnant a second time. It’s one of the few things I respect about Spock. Despite forcing… despite how you two began, he doesn’t make life as difficult as he could for you.”

Jim swallowed. He knew Bones would never like Spock. The Vulcan had done too much to Jim in Bones’ opinion to ever be someone that Bones could actively like. It made his throat burn. Bones was a good friend “ one of the best anyone could want “ and he was Jim’s. His dislike for Spock also couldn’t be easy for Bones himself, especially since he was involved with Spock’s father. A wisp of thought made Jim smile a bit. Doesn’t that technically make him my father-in-law? He shook his head. Bones would make his life hell if he even voiced the thought. It did allow him to regain his composure though.

“I never thought about a second child.” He admitted easily. “I didn’t think I wanted another one and maybe if I hadn’t noticed the looks I would have never thought twice about it. But I did Bones. I did.” He inhaled sharply.

“I thought about George and Spock and all of us “ a family.” He rolled his shoulders “ too tense to be comfortable. He looked down at his hands.

“I thought about another child and if it would be a girl or a boy. I thought about the child’s damn pointy ears and what its expectations would be. What damn colour would look good in a new bedroom. I thought about how fucking much I love George and how much I would love a second child. And I didn’t even fucking know that I wanted another one until those damn looks made me even think about it. I didn’t know.” He whispers softly. He shook his head. “I really didn’t know.”

“Jim…” Bones’ voice breaks and he looked up “ meeting his best friend’s gaze. Jim could see something like realisation dawning in his friends eyes. “You want it.” Bones said. He blinked several times.“You want it.” And Bones smiled at Jim.

Jim barked out a laugh. “I really fucking do Bones, and it scares the crap out of me. But I really do.”

Bones pulled him into a hug.

“Okay.” The hug tightened and Jim released a breath he hadn’t realised he had been holding in. It wasn’t as if he couldn’t have gone to another medical practitioner and forced the issue. But he wanted Bones’ full cooperation in this. He needed his family as invested in this as he was going to be. And Bones was a part of his family. He couldn’t do this without him.

“Okay.” Jim answered Bones, even though his best friend hadn’t asked a question. Bones tightened his hold “ responding just the same.




*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*



Later

He sank down on Spock, loving the way his Vulcan’s hands gripped his hips “ almost surely leaving marks there and they hadn’t even gotten to the best part yet. He lifted himself “ thighs working as he moved in a slow sensual rhythm. The burn of that cock made him pant. It made him ache for more. He wanted it harder and faster. He always wanted more. Spock really was addictive. He wondered if he were as addictive to Spock too.

The hands on his hips tightened and Jim bit down on his lower lip. Maybe he was. He rocked a little faster and dug his nails into Spock’s shoulders. It made his husband arch his head back. Jim moaned as those hands helped him up and down Spock’s cock. Spock wasn’t exactly using him to all but jerk off “ but the strength in that hold always turned Jim on.

He raked one of his hands gently but firmly down Spock’s chest “ tweaking a nipple. It surprised something close to a moan out of his lover. Jim panted and laughed slightly. He reached for a hand on his hips and tugged slightly. Spock frowned at him but complied. Jim entangled their fingers, then rolled them both over. Jim lay beneath Spock, his lover resting his weight sideways. He tightened his inner muscles and Spock thrust deeply in response “ making Jim gasp again.

“More.” He spoke, clenching his muscles as well as the hand he held. “Please, more.”

Spock leaned down and kissed him firmly. “T’hy’la.” He whispered against the side of Jim’s neck. He shivered at the feel of it as well as the significance of the word.

“Spock.” He gasped. He arched his back, meeting the slow thrusts “ going all but out of his mind. “Spock, please.” He moaned and writhed underneath his lover. He untangled his fingers and moved the hand to his abdomen.

“Spock, I want it…” Another slow thrust. “Maybe a girl this time or another boy. Don’t care.” Spock slowed down until they were joined but not moving “ not at all. He looked at Spock “ seeing the doubt and realization as well as the slowly growing hope there. It made his breath catch as surely as the sex had.

“Jim? T’hy’la?” Spock asked “ his voice as close to breaking as Jim has ever heard it. His heart thumped painfully in his chest.

“Another child, Spock, I want… I want one. I …mphh”

Spock crushed the words out of him, kissing him forcibly. Spock brought both his hands beside his body, angling himself better. Jim gasped then moaned again as it sent Spock deeper into his body.

“Please Spock.”

“Are you sure, t’hy’la?” His husband asked. Jim could hear the uncertainty and doubt there but he also heard the barely hidden joy so clearly as well. Spock wanted another child just as fiercely as he did. He wondered momentarily if Spock would have ever mentioned it to Jim. It was far more probable that he would never spoken a word of it and that was so wrong it held no place in this moment in time. So he tried to forget it and focussed on the now. Jim nodded in response to Spock’s questions and another answering thrust rocked his body up their bed. He laughed at the action, completely out of breath.

“I do.” Jim spoke, almost reassuringly.

Another strong thrust.

“Maybe he’ll have your eyes. Or she’ll be a brunette. Your ears for sure, either way.” He spoke, thinking back on the many aspects of this future child that he had thought about “ dreamed about “ wondered about. Spock groaned and his hips snapped up faster and harder into his body “ driving them closer to their goal.

“Yes.” Jim said. “Yes.”

Spock brought his forehead to Jim’s “ an action so intimate that tears threatened to make themselves known “ and Spock whispered softly against Jim’s lips.

“Yes.”

Jim came, arching his back. Spock followed closely behind him.