RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


What a mess! This will teach me to be gone for three weeks straight. That fool, Steel has managed to completely bollux up my files and enforcer schedules so badly that it will take me hours of overtime to correct. Felina tried to keep things under control while staying under Steel's radar, but was not always successful, so here I am working late again. I know it's petty, but I put Steel on temporary training duty. Just one week with the new cadets and he'll be pulling his fur out, serves him right.

My mate is going to be very unhappy about my being late. It isn't easy taking care of a newborn and try to work at the same time. We do have a robot taking care of most of Kiara's needs, but she wants and needs her father or I when nursing or fussing. I pump breast milk and leave it for Chance to feed Kiara and I take over when I return home, it's exhausting. Add in a few Omega attacks and we are barely functioning zombies. The only one with any energy is Jake.

The first attack by an Omega occurred barely a week after I returned to work. I guess I should be grateful they had laid low during my convalescents. But did it have to be Dark Kat! In typical fashion the mega crook launches yet another sneak attack on Pumadyne. He just never stops trying to take over the city - what a one track mind. Anyway, its past quitting time and I'm working late again when I'm notified of the alarm. Grabbing my coat, I put it on while racing to the flight line. My chopper is ready and we take off heading towards Pumadyne.

I and more of my enforcer fleet arrive in time to witness Dark Kat's monster ship melting the side of one of the laboratory walls. Just when we begin to engage him in a little laser tag, the SWAT Kats show up. T-Bone swoops in and Razor fires some type of unusual missile that shorted Dark Kat's ships ability to stay airborne. It fell to the ground like lead. Now the hard part is getting Dark crud to leave his disabled ship and since he is partial to bombs, we have to dislodge him quickly before he can arm any. My enforcers harry the ship while Razor zeros in with a burrowing type missile that makes a small hole in the ship wall and then fires another that I later learn is sleeping gas. Moments later the ship goes silent. From there it is a simple matter to spring the doors and arrest Dark Kat, his ninjas and creeplings. Neat job, I'll be sure to tell them so later.

After cleaning up the mess and the subsequent paperwork, I finally dragged my tail home sometime after 9 pm. God, I was so tired and it didn't help that my mate was also and a bit short tempered too. With a crying Kiara in his arms he proceeds to unleash his frustration.

"Why couldn't you just let your own people handle the cleaning up and wait to do the paperwork in the morning. You are just so anal retentive, you can't let go. Are you trying to collapse from exhaustion or do you enjoy barely staying awake to do your job and what about Kiara? I have nothing to feed her with" my mate blasted angrily.

"I don't need this now, I am just too tired to argue. Besides, you should talk! Exactly how much sleep have you gotten...hmmm? And yet you were out there flying the turbokat so don't talk to me about not getting enough rest. If I left that work till morning then I would be late home again due to that and the day's paperwork on top of it. So enough already! I'm sorry about Kiara, it seems her appetite has increased and maybe its time to wean her. Is there anything to eat? I'm hungry too. My last meal was hours ago and I need to strip and feed Kiara." I sighed tirededly.

"Here, let me reheat your dinner" Chance sighed in defeat and hands the still crying kitten to me. "Go shower and take care of Kiara. I'll bring your meal to you."

"Thanks, love" I sighed gratefully as I headed towards the bedroom. I lay Kiara on the bed while I quickly strip down. Picking her up again, I carry her towards the comfortable rocker Jake had gotten us. Sitting down I rock and coo to soothe her. She wont nurse if she's this angry. After several minutes, she finally quiets to soft whimpers and I offer her dinner. She begins to nurse eagerly.

When she's finished I rocked her to sleep then returned her to her bed. Dragging myself tirededly to the bathroom I take a hot shower. When I come out, Chance was there with my meal. I sat on the bed and began to dig hungrily into my meal.

Chance sighs and sits next to me and begins a soothing caress on my back. "I'm sorry Uly, you're right. We are both soo tired. I wish she would start sleeping through the night soon."

"I think she will when she starts more solid food. Maybe we should start her with a little tomorrow and see how she does and I'm sorry too. I didn't want to stay late, there is just so much to get done right now" I sigh too.

When I finish my meal, Chance takes the tray back to the kitchen. I slip under the covers and was sound asleep when he climbed in next to me. Though still somewhat tired, I was surprised when Kiara only woke up once during the night to feed. I felt much more rested for the first time in days. Chance was still sawing wood when I climbed out to get ready for my work day. I heard Kiara making noises as she woke up. I gather her up, change and feed her then placed her in her bouncy seat to watch me get ready for work. I shower, pump more milk for her, and get dressed.

While I'm dressing, Chance finally wakes. He kisses us both as he staggers to the bathroom. By the time I'm ready to go, Chance has quickly transformed to T-Bone and is ready to leave as well. I give him instructions for our robot nanny about trying solid food with Kiara. He places her in a special carrier on his chest that was designed by Razor, kisses me goodbye and exits stealthily out the balcony door where he goes to the roof.

Using his grappling line he swings to the next roof and rappels down to where he hides his cyclotron and roars off to the salvage yard. It's not ideal but for now we live in my apartment. He commutes daily and if there is an emergency call when he's home with me then Razor brings the turbocat to him. We need a better location since it is only a matter of time before he is spotted coming and going from my home.

I quickly leave for the Enforcer Tower to start another long day. As I drive to work, I muse about how much I miss our earlier intimacy. We are both soo tired, we no longer have the energy to have sex. I've been told that that will change when Kiara begins to sleep through the night. Chance is right, I really hope she weans soon.

Things are a little better this morning since I didn't leave any leftover work from last night. Only a morning full of meetings (yuck). Felina visits my office around lunch time and asks if I'd like her to get me lunch. I don't have any meetings until 2pm and my paperwork is temporarily caught up.

"Thank you Felina that would be great. I would like to take a much needed nap so please get me anything and leave it on my desk" I smile at her warmly.

"You're welcome uncle. I thought you were looking really tired since you returned to work. Kiara not sleeping through the night yet, huh?" Felina grinned.

"No, not yet, though we think she may be weaning. We have the nanny trying some solid food today. Kiara has been a lot hungrier lately and not satisfied completely with nursing." I said

"Yeah that sounds like she is weaning alright. Hope so then you and T-Bone will finally catch up on sleep" Felina affirmed.

"God I hope so" I prayed fervently.

"Miss sex with T-Bone do you?" she smirked at me.

"Felina! I said shocked, then smirked back "of course I do."

She laughed and then left to get our lunch. I told my secretary to put out the do not disturb notice and laid down on my couch. Ooh it felt good to be flat just for a little while and before I knew it I had dozed off. I awakened to the scent of something wonderful. My lunch awaited me on my desk. A hot chicken sandwich with chips and cold milk. I dug in ravenously.

Chance's day did not go as easily as mine. I got off work at a decent time for once and was met by a frazzled father.

"Well at least you're home on time! Here take your daughter. It has been some kind of day" he growled irritably.

"Oh, what happened?" I asked taking Kiara and cooing at her happy face.

"Well at first the day went okay, Jake and I got the cars we had scheduled done pretty quick.. Come lunch time is when the fun began. Since I wasn't busy, I decided to try and get Kiara to eat some rice cereal. She made lots of faces not necessarily happy ones and then began spitting it at me. So I thought, okay, let's try a bottle of apple juice. She seemed to like that okay though she didn't drink too much of it and then insisted on her milk. Well I didn't think it would be easy. Figured we'd try again tonight." he paused as we changed clothes then went to the kitchen to make dinner where he picked up the tale again.

"So here I am covered in kitten spit when who shows up but Burke and Murray. Such wonderful timing! Jake runs out to intercept them while I frantically start to take Kiara upstairs when I discover our little darling has peed through her diaper and on daddy's pants. I hand our soaked kitten to her nanny and go to the window in Jake's room to see if he needs me. Wouldn't you know it they need us both to help unload pilferable cargo into the secure storage lockup. I don't have time to change clothes so I settle for a quick wash off with a cloth. If I don't stand too close no one should be wiser.

I get outside and walk down to the storage area where they are already beginning to offload and complaining loudly about how slow Jake is. I walk up and tell them to shut up and just get the job done. They, of course, try to razz me while I'm trying to get this junk stored quickly and get rid of them." Chance paused again as we set the table and begin to eat. After a few minutes concentration on our food he begins again.

"You know, sometimes I don't think Murray is as stupid as we think at times. Burke sure didn't notice just kept bellyaching, but Murray began to sniff the air and wrinkling his nose.

"Hey, what's that smell" he snorted

"What are you going on about, you lummox?" Burke snarled

"Someone smells of kitten piss" Murray said firmly.

"Now how would you know what that smells like, you idiot?" Burke was getting steamed.

"Because my neighbor has a kitten, that's how" Murray said triumphantly "So I know what it smells like and someone here smells like it."

I nervously hurried to finish with Jake trying not to wrinkle his nose at my scent that is getting progressively nastier with the heat and sweat of my body. We're done at last and I slam the door and secure it. Jake asks for the invoice while I beat a hasty retreat. I can hear them razz Jake about my sudden departure but he never rises to the bait and they finally leave" Chance finishes in tired disgust.

"Well sounds like you three have had quite an interesting day" I smile in amusement as I rise to clear the table.

"Ho, Ho! Aren't you a riot" Chance said in annoyance..

"And I love you too" still smiling as I lean down and give him a warm kiss. He sighs and then smiles back. The evening is quiet thankfully. I try again to feed solids to Kiara before bedtime, unfortunately, the experiment didn't go off any better then it did earlier and it's now my turn to be wearing it. Oh well!

Climbing into bed later, I turn to draw Chance into a hug. Though exhausted, I really want his personal attention now. Fortunately, he feels the same and returns my hug and adds a slow burning kiss. Oh yeah, this is what I've been missing. We make slow, gentle love, climaxing into a warm cascade of pleasure that is followed by deep sleep that isn't interrupted until 2am by Kiara's hungry cry.

Well, it took another week but Kiara is finally eating solid food. She is still nursing but not as frequently and finally is sleeping through the night. We celebrated by making love most of Friday night.

It's four months later, Kiara is now beginning to crawl and get into things. The nanny keeps her under control at the garage but her father and I aren't so diligent at home. The things she gets into is astounding. Just the other day I caught her unrolling the toilet paper roll in the bathroom and Chance found her taking apart the remote to the TV. Never a dull moment.

Felina volunteered to take care of Kiara when T-Bone and I wanted to get away for a day on our anniversary, two months later. He'd been planning it for weeks and it was a wonderful surprise.

Professor Hackle has a small guest house below his home near his private beach. T-Bone had asked if we could use it and Hackle was pleased to oblige. I was thrilled. It allowed us to get away to the outdoors with no one seeing us. It was heavenly laying on the warm sand and swimming at night. T-Bone had to wear his mask but that was okay and he made love to me often (in the water, on the sand, and in the house). He also had picked up a gourmet meal and we enjoyed it with a bottle of excellent wine. By the time we went home the next day we were completely rejuvenated. Which was just as well because we were headed for hectic times.

Kiara is very bright and inquisitive. She's beginning to walk and has learned to find ways to escape her nanny's surveillance. One time she did this by gumming up the robot's wheels. With the nanny temporarily helpless, Kiara climbed down the hatch she had previously discovered and found her way to the project room in the hangar, fortunately, Jake was down there working on a new device and spotted her before she could get hurt. The next time, she found a way to block the robot's vision center. This time she went downstairs to the garage, where her father found her covered in grease and oil and playing with car tools.

Professor Hackle and Razor tried many times to upgrade the nanny robot but Kiara always seemed to find a way around it. This might of been funny except for the day she nearly got her father and herself killed.

Viper, that fool, tried again to take over Megakat Tower. Mayor Manx really should give it up and have it torn down, it just attracts too much trouble. So once more the reptile is trying to build a swamp empire and we are once again trying to defeat him.

This time he was a little sneakier. He slowly infiltrated his plants through the sewer pipes into the building letting them propagate slowly. By the time anyone realized he was there, his plants had saturated the building in all the plumbing, elevator shafts, and duct work. I really didn't see how the SWAT Kats last trick was going to work this time, but Razor radioed that all they had to do was pump coolant into the building's duct work, it should kill at least 80 percent of the things while a new plant killing spray from Dr Conway from the Biotech Labs should get rid of the rest.

Well what did we have to lose, nothing else was going to work. Meanwhile, on the turbo cat a stowaway was hiding behind Razor's seat. Kiara didn't make a sound. At first she was excited to be with her dad and her uncle Jake, that is until they began to make drastic maneuvers to avoid attacks by Vipers plantimals. That's when she made her presence known by screaming her head off. A shocked Razor whipped around his seat to see the frightened kitten huddled on the floor behind him. T-Bone asked what the noise was and nearly dumped the jet when he heard the answer.

They couldn't land now, they were committed to injecting the coolant, so Razor coaxed her out and had her move up to lay curled up in her father's lap. It made steering the jet more difficult but Razor had to leave the jet to connect the coolant hose and Kiara could be lost overboard. Her father's lap was the only safe place. For once, she did as she was told, clinging for dear life to T-Bone's waist. It was tricky, dangerous, and over in minutes, thankfully. Everything worked perfectly and Viper was once more in custody. The building was once again trashed.

The violent twisting and jolting of the jet was over but our poor kitten was badly shaken and started wailing for her mommy. Nothing her dad could do would calm her. He contacted me on our personal communicator that could not be overheard by anyone and relayed what had happened. I was horrified, though she was now safe, I was shaken by how close it had been to disaster.

I made sure I was alone so that the turbo cat could land near me. I could hear her wail as soon as the canopy was opened. T-Bone hopped out cradling our daughter to his chest. He passed her over as soon as we got close. She clung tightly to my neck and whimpered. I hugged her tightly, still upset myself. T-Bone and I just looked at each other with worry. How could we prevent this from happening again.