RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Feral eyed the inner door curiously. Where they stood was a changing and armament area. Chance went over and pulled out a spare g-suit for his mate.

"Might be a touch short on you but should fit you elsewhere alright and your tennis shoes will be okay unless you would like to do it barefoot as we do...your choice," he grunted, handing the clothes over to his mate.

Feral sighed, changed his clothes without comment. As Chance had guessed, the pant length and arms were more than three inches short on him and the chest was rather tight but not uncomfortable. Since his mate did this barefoot, he decided to do the same.

When he was ready, Chance came up to him with a glovatrix and fitted it on his right arm. For the next ten minutes, he instructed the big tom on its use.

"Okay, for this first run, we'll not worry about time as you need to get used to using the glovatrix," Chance began.

"Wait! I use my laser pistol exclusively. Shouldn't I be training with it rather than something that is quite obviously belonging to the SWAT Kats?"

"You'd be right except, Jake is building you a mini version that looks nothing like ours and fires different ammo as well and that is what is in that glovatrix you're wearing. This first run through will test its capabilities and help you get used to using it as backup to your laser. You'll do a run through with that as well don't worry," Chance told him reassuringly. "So, ready to do this?"

"Ready when you are," Feral grunted ascent.

"Be on your toes, love, and prepare to get beat up," Chance called out challengingly, as he charged ahead the moment the doors opened.

Feral hurried after him and was immediately ducking a flying something that went zinging by and would have knocked him off his feet. Gritting his teeth, he went on hyper-alert and just managed to avoid a blast of flames from his left, a sudden opening of the floor beneath his feet, and pop appearance of a card board image of a Kat with a machine gun.

On the last, he fired off a cement shot and took its head off. Ahead of him was his mate who was disappearing through another door that was sliding down rapidly. He sent his body sliding across the floor and just made it under before the heavy metal came down with a loud thud.

Before he could get his bearings, a barrage of weapons fire struck the floor near him. He scrambled away, sending up a shield to protect himself. He was panting and sweating by the time he made it through another batch of fast moving and sudden obstacles as well as more rope escapes from stakes in the floor and huge rolling balls of metal. He was sent ducking, dodging and running from swinging pendulums of sharp metal that could cut him in half, gas attacks, and flaming arrows. The amount of obstacles and items of death thrown at them seemed endless.

When he swam across a pit that had opened up beneath him without warning filled with ice water, he pulled himself out on a slippery metal surface and struggled to keep his feet under him as he charged wetly through yet another door that was closing sideways and just making it again.

He was startled to realize he had reached the end as Chance stood there at ease eyeing him critically. He blinked in surprise as he shook from the adrenaline rush that still hammered through him despite finally being able to stop.

"Are you alright, love?" Chance asked him, only slightly winded and sweating.

"I...will...be...when...I...can...catch...my...breath..." he huffed out with difficulty. Kat's Alive! That had tested him to the limit and he suspected, if he hadn't been half as fast, he could have been seriously injured and that thought caused him pause and ask, "how do you manage not to get killed in there?"

"Automatic shutoff. If one of those hazards manages to touch us, it cuts out instantly. Jake tests it regularly to insure its safe. But while you're going through it, you don't remember that, so treat it as real which was his intention. But still he's not happy with it." Chance shook his head.

"Jake wants to develop a holodeck program like our strange visitors the Loonatics have for their own training. They gave us the software for it but Jake has to build a bigger computer system to handle it and find a way to give it the power it needs without the electric company realizing we're siphoning as much as it takes to run it. The Loonatics were funded by their government, but as you well know, we aren't. Anyway, what did you think of our present system?"

"Hold it! What's a holodeck program and how is it better than what Jake has done here?" He asked confused.

Chance sighed then patiently spent several minutes explaining what Tech, the coyote, had told Jake and himself about their far more advanced training system.

It took Feral some moments to process what Chance had said when he'd finished his explanation. It just sounded too fantastic to him but he hadn't forgotten how intelligent and advanced those strange creatures were so he guessed it wasn't that far fetched they would create such a system.

It boggled his mind to think what they could do with something like that here. All his enforcers could be trained without using huge expenditures of money and time. The advantage of putting them in any situation would insure his troops were ready for anything and losses would drop dramatically.

He reined in his excitement. Such a setup would take time and funds they just didn't have. But knowing about it meant he could start pushing for the funds to build it. The lives saved would be worth the cost and time of setup. Of course, he would have to find a way to filter funds to Jake too. The SWAT Kats were the ones who obtained this new tech and had the right to use it as well. He would have to think about this and see what he could do.

He blew out a breathe and stretched his body. Those strange visitors had left Jake a lot of incredible tech, not the least was that holodeck software. He was very glad they had been friendly...what they could have done to Megakat City with their special powers and their tech at their command made him shudder.

"Did that shake your tree, Uly? You seemed really lost in thought there." Chance's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Huh?...ohhh...yeah...I was thinking how great such a system would be in training my enforcers. There would be a huge reduction in loss of life and training could be more intense and completed quicker. Just imagining it had me stunned a moment," he admitted.

Chance's brows raised in surprise. "Huh! I really didn't think of that but you're certainly right, it would benefit the enforcers a lot."

"Yeah, but funding is the sticking point for both of us however, now that Callie is part of our little group perhaps such a thing could be sold to the right backers and become a reality," he mused thoughtfully.

"Now there's a great idea...but what about us? We have the tech and it was meant to help us first," Chance reminded him.

"I hadn't forgotten that. That's why I was hoping Callie and I would be able to funnel some of those hoped for funds toward you two. No way would we want you at a disadvantage...besides Callie and I would want to use it too," he reassured his mate.

"Wow! If you could pull that off, it would be awesome for all concerned. But that's a lot of wishful thinking. I think I'll just wait and see if you can pull it off before getting my hopes up."

"Good idea! But it is something I want to pursue soon so we'll see what happens when I make the proposal."

"I hope you succeed but now its time to get back to work. How did the glovatrix work for you?" Chance asked, getting back to the task at paw.

Feral held it up as he answered, "I have to admit, this is one very versatile weapon and it worked really well."

"Good, I'll let Jake know so he can finish up your personal mini-glovatrix as well as the one he's making for Callie. Alright, ready to go again, this time with your laser?

"Yeah, better get too it before my muscles seize up from the different style of fighting. I'm going to be sore afterwards, though," Feral said ruefully, accepting his pistol the tabby handed him.

"Don't worry! We'll make use of the whirlpool Jake set up for us," Chance smirked, adding a suggestive leer. He led the way back around to the entry door again then set the instructions in a panel next to the door.

"Ohh, sounds like a great incentive." Feral grinned back.

Taking a deep breath and preparing himself, he immediately ran forward the moment the door began to open but still not as fast as Chance who was already nearly through the door.

Two more runs and Feral felt like he'd been in a sauna and his muscles felt weak as noodles. Okay, he believed his mate now that what the tabby and his partner put themselves through regularly was far more intense and dangerous than any form of exercise or obstacle course he'd ever been through before.

"How are you holding up?" Chance asked, dripping with sweat and breathing hard.

"Realizing you are more prepared to fight the enemy than I am," his mate conceded as they walked together out of the danger room and into the hangar proper.

"Don't feel bad, love. Jake just felt we had to be the best we could be if we were to survive being all alone. And, I admit, you did very well for having never done anything like this before. I doubt you'll take longer than a couple of months to be at our level. It'd be sooner, but you just don't have that much free time to get over here.

"That's certainly true," Feral admitted ruefully.

"Here we go!" Chance said leading his mate into the small wash room his partner had set up for them. He turned on the water in the whirlpool bath.

Feral walked stiffly over to the tub and frowned. "Pretty small!"

"Beggars can't be choosers. Believe me, its been a godsend after taking a beating from Dark Kat. Anyway, we can fit, just you wait!"

Feral gave him a doubtful look but said nothing more as he stripped off his clothes. The tub was soon full and he sighed gratefully when he stepped in and sat, the hot water making his muscles loosen, then he blinked in surprise as his mate, grinning wickedly, climbed in and sat in his lap.

"See we fit perfectly," Chance growled, deliberately rubbing his butt across the slowly rising cock beneath.

"Ohhh, so I can see...hmm...now this is nice..." Feral murmured hotly, wrapping his arms around his mate and kissing him passionately.

Chance groaned and dug his fingers into his mate's shoulders, kneading the soreness out of them as he enjoyed the kiss.

They didn't have enough room to do too much except rub themselves against each other but that was enough to send their pulses rises quickly.

Chance wished he could enter his mate but had to satisfy himself with what they were doing for now. It didn't take long before they came together with roars of pleasure.

Going limp after coming down from their high, they sat slumped in each others arms and allowed the frothing hot water to ease their soreness. When they'd been in it long enough to become waterlogged, they finally climbed out and dried under the big blowers Jake had rigged up.

With only a towel on, Feral realized he'd left his clothes in the danger room. He cursed in annoyance but Chance just grinned and waved him to wait. He always had a spare set of clothing in the wash room so he dressed quickly and gave his mate a quieting kiss.

"Hush! I'll go get your clothes then we can get something to eat. I'm starved."

Feral just grumbled but sat on a bench nearby and waited. Chance was back within a few minutes and waited as his mate quickly got redressed then the two of them headed to the ladder.

The garage was closed and the fiery remnants of the sun setting slanted in making the room glow as the two passed through it for the stairs leading up to the apartment. Before they reached the top, delicious smells assaulted their noses.

"Well, its about time you two. We've kept your portions hot in the microwave," Jake said, sitting on the couch with his nearly finished plate and Callie sitting close to him, drinking a glass of wine, her empty plate on the table.

"It took as long as it took. Food smells good!" Chance snorted, heading for the kitchen hurriedly.

Feral took the plate full of ribs, potatoes, salad, and a glass of wine from his mate and headed back to the living room, taking the overstuffed chair. Chance came in and sat in another old chair next to his mate and chowed down hungrily.

The other pair smiled in amusement at the two males obvious hunger but didn't comment as they returned their attention to a show they were watching.

When dinner was over, Callie and Jake insisted on doing the dishes since they hadn't done the danger room and weren't quite as tired, leaving the couch for the other two to cuddle up on.

However, after only a short time, Feral was beginning to fall asleep. He decided it was time to go home. He glanced down at his mate who had been leaning his head on Feral shoulder and discovered the tabby had fallen asleep. Sighing he removed himself, letting Chance slide to the couch cushions, never waking up at all.

Shaking his head, he went to the kitchen. Jake and Callie were finished with the dishes and were leaning against the sink in each others arms. They looked up when he entered, twin questioning looks on their faces.

"Chance has fallen asleep so I think its well past time we went home. Thanks for the dinner."

"You're welcome," Jake said smiling.

"Ulysses?" Callie asked.

"Hmm?"

"How was the danger room?"

"Tough! I was surprised and forced to realize none of my training could compare to what that put me through," he said honestly.

She sighed. "Obviously, it will be quite some time before I'm ready for that then."

"Oh definitely," Feral gave her a wane smile in agreement then asked, "by the way, Callie, I need to discuss something with you tomorrow. Can you make some time for me?"

"I'll have to check my schedule but I'll let you know as soon as I get in," she promised.

"Thanks. Well, good night!"

"Good night!"

Ulysses went back to the living room then woke his mate. "Come on love, time for home." He smiled tiredly as his mate grumbled a tired complaint as he stumbled to his feet to follow Feral out the door and to their car.

When they heard the sound of Feral's hummer leave the yard, Jake secured the place then he and Callie went to bed but not necessarily to sleep.

Very soon, the silence of the yard was interrupted by twin cries of spent pleasure. Unfortunately, at the Furlong-Feral's home, the two very tired toms barely made it into bed before they were dead asleep.