RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


To Feral's disgust and dismay he was confined to the hospital for two days. Ms. Briggs had come to see him yesterday, her face reflecting her concern.

"I hate to have been right. You were much more ill than you let on Commander." She said, her voice having an equal mix of anger and concern.

"I know. Sorry. I truly didn't think I was that ill." Feral demurred. No way was he going to tell the Deputy Mayor that he was pregnant.

"Well, what does the doctor say?" She asked with a sigh.

"I have to stay until tomorrow then I can return to work but have to take it easy for a bit." He hedged.

She frowned at him. There was something he wasn't telling her but since he was a private person and not given to telling anyone his business, she had to be satisfied with that.

"Then do what you're told for once and rest. Next week is too important for you to be out. However, if it happens it happens. Your health is more important than any visit." She said tempering her ire. It wasn't his fault he was ill.

"Thank you, Ms. Briggs. I promise to take it easy." He said quietly.

She nodded then took her leave. So far no one knew his true circumstances except the SWAT Kats and of course the doctor and those responsible for his care. He knew it couldn't stay secret forever but he hoped to keep it so until he could speak to Tanlir.

Tanlir was just receiving some not so good news of his own while his mate was in the hospital. His father had just informed him that his brothers, Torr and Shane would be accompanying him to Megakat City and that one of them would be staying to take charge of the new embassy. His father had yet to determine which of the three he would choose.

Of course, Tanlir was concerned it wouldn't be him. He didn't know how he could influence his father's choice though.

As the time for his return trip to Megakat City drew closer, he became increasingly anxious. He wasn't certain how he would ditch his brothers to see his mate in private. This was a disaster and there was no way he could warn his mate. He was a mess emotionally by the time they finally boarded their plane.

His brothers had been eyeing him in concern. Though he had hoped he had been able to hide his turmoil, he hadn't been able to hide his scent and in such close quarters, they could smell his tension. Glancing at each other, they traded concern looks. When one went to the washroom in the back the other casually followed. Tanlir never noticed. His gaze was fixed out the window.

Shane stepped into the fairly large space that was their executive style bathroom. He was a handsome cheetah with greenish-yellow eyes and red hair. His older brother, Torr who was closing the door behind him was taller by two inches, had black hair and much darker lines on his face than all of them.

"So?"

"He's not been himself for days now. No one seems to know what's up." Shane said quietly.

"Hmm, how about his guards? Anyone questioned them?" Torr asked thoughtfully.

"Well...no...we trust them to keep certain facts about us private. It would hardly seem right to push his guards to tell on him and expect ours to honor our privacy." Shane objected.

"Yeah, I see your point. Unless it would get him harmed or killed they wouldn't be very forthcoming. I don't see what else we can do but watch him closely." Torr said, shrugging his shoulders unhappily.

"Hope its not something really bad! Father will be furious." Shane sighed.

Torr merely nodded in agreement as they left the bathroom together and took their seats again.

It was midday when their jet set down at Megakat International Airport. As they deplaned and walked into the private waiting room they were met by the Mayor and Deputy Mayor.

"Welcome to Megakat City and, of course, welcome back Prince Tanlir. I am Mayor Manx and this is my Deputy Mayor Calico Briggs. Before we deal with the proposal on the Coalition, we would like to take you to see a few of the choices of residences we have found you for your new Embassy. Is this alright with you all?" The Mayor asked patiently.

"Sounds like an excellent idea, Mayor Manx. I am Torr, the eldest of my brothers, this is Shane, and that's Tanlir." Torr introduced everyone. Normally a protocol officer would have done this but they had decided before hand to keep everything informal.

"A pleasure to meet you all. If you would follow us, we will take you to your limosine." Manx smiled and turned to lead the way. The pathway was lined with enforcers to protect the visiting royalty. Outside where the limousines were lined up, the press were shouting questions and flashing cameras at the three around the wall of enforcers.

Keeping pleasant expressions on their faces, they smiled benignly as they climbed into the limos. A couple of their own guards boarded their car while the rest piled into the other cars.

"So you will be familiar with what we are going to see, here is the information on each residence." Ms. Briggs said as she handed each Prince a copy of the report.

Tanlir barely looked at it. He was tense about where Ulysses was. Because they were a high security risk it would make sense the Chief Enforcer would be on hand to ensure security was at its best but there was no sign of him.

"I like the look of this one, sounds really nice." Shane remarked, studying the place Feral had liked best.

"I admit it does look almost like being home." Torr agreed. "What do you think Tanlir?" He asked turning to his brother who sat nearest the window.

"Huh? Oh, yes..." He startled and quickly looked down at the image of the residence they were commenting on. He paused and sucked in his breath. It was the perfect place. "It's wonderful. It looks like it could be the one." He finally said.

Torr chuckled to smooth over his brother's apparent lack of attention. "Looks like this might be the place and we won't have to see the others." He smiled.

"That would be wonderful. Then you'll be able to take residence very quickly." Manx said pleased. Callie noted the positive response and took a chance to order a buffet to be served when they finished showing the place.

The limo smoothly drove through the iron gates. The brother looked out the windows at the impressive stone work and the stone fence around the property. They waited patiently until their guards had given them the signal it was safe to leave the car.

Given the proper signal, the chauffer opened the door for them. They stepped out and looked around.

"Wow! Nice digs!" Shane said as the Mayor led them around the back to see the rear of the mansion.

"Yeah, I like the pool and tennis courts." Torr agreed.

"I think I like all the beautiful garden work around here." Tanlir commented, sniffing the air and enjoying the scent of flowers.

"So pleased you love the exterior. Now why don't we go inside?" Mayor Manx said as he led the way back to the front and knocked on the heavy, ornate door. A butler opened it quickly and stepped back.

The foyer was breathtaking and large. All wood floors with a huge chandelier hanging over their heads. A broad carpeted staircase went up to the second floor on the left. Double doors led to the left and right of the main entry way revealing richly decorated hallways, furniture and framed art.

"This is truly magnificent." Shane said in awe.

"Maybe not as ostentatious as our home but very nice indeed." Torr said in pleased appreciation.

Pleased by their response, Mayor Manx nearly had a bounce to his step as he led them on a tour of the mansion. It took a couple of hours to see it all. They ended up in the dining room where a fine late lunch buffet had been set up.

Their guests were pleased and hungry after their early departure, the long flight, then the tour of their new embassy. After getting plates of food they arranged themselves in a group at a beautiful large dining room table. The room boasted many tables, enough to handle parties and visitors to the embassy.

"I think I can safely say this is the place for our embassy, Mayor Manx." Torr said as he enjoyed the excellent food.

"I second that!" Shane said grinning.

"I make that unanimous then." Tanlir said warmly though he was still a little distracted and wasn't eating much because of it.

Finishing his meal first, Tanlir excused himself and went to the bathroom they had been shown located down the hall from the dining room. The guards felt comfortable enough with the present security and added assistance from the enforcers to allow their charges to freely roam the house thus when Tanlir returned from the bathroom and decided to look around some more, no one followed him.

He was investigating the rooms they would most likely turn into business offices for visitors to the embassy. Out of a door near the back of the house on the main floor, which he remembered led to the security surveillance room, stepped his mate. His heart slammed into his throat. He looked around quickly then moved to Ulysses.

Feral quickly placed a finger to his lips and stepped back into the room he'd left. Staying silent, Tanlir followed and closed the door behind him.

Now alone in the near dark room except for the illumination from the surveillance screens, Tanlir pulled his mate into his arms and kissed him hotly. Feral gripped him tightly back.

This was really no place to make love but Tanlir was desperate to have his mate. Ulysses seem to have the same idea and quickly dropped his pants and turned making it easier on Tanlir to enter him. With a groan of heartfelt relief he buried himself in his mate.

Their mating was hot and fierce. The cheetah pounded into the dark tom with near desperation and need. Feral sobbed his desire and relief. They raced toward a loud and hard orgasm. They trembled and panted for some minutes, catching their breaths.

Feral glanced toward the screens and noted that one of the brothers was apparently looking for something.

"I fear one of your brother's is looking for you." He said tightly, quickly returning his clothes to order. Tanlir did the same as he too glanced at the screen in question.

"That's Shane and, yeah, I think he's looking for me." Tanlir said a bit angrily. "Damn it, I want to hold you, be with you...I never dreamed my father would send them with me. I'm sorry love. I'm glad though you found a way for us to be together, even if it was far too short. He's going to get concerned soon." He said in resignation.

"I know, I'm sorry, Tanlir. Perhaps we can find a moment again but you're right you better put in an appearance before there's trouble. I also must make an appearance. The Mayor probably wonders where I am by now." Feral said gruffly. He had wanted to tell Tanlir his important news but there was no time right now.

They quickly parted ways. Feral watched his mate saunter down a hallway and made it look like he had just come out of a room and ran into his brother. Sighing, Feral made his way out of the Surveillance Room and went through the kitchen so that he could come around the dining room and back to the foyer to wait for the group to meet there.

Tanlir spoke with Shane a moment then went off as if to see another area. He didn't note his brother's shocked and angry face as he made for the back of the house. Shane moved swiftly to find his brother. When he did, he apologized to their hosts.

"Forgive me please but I need to speak to my brother in private for a moment." He said politely.

"Oh, of course, we will wait here for you." Manx said, nodding agreeably.

Shane pulled his brother into one of the rooms and closed the door then signaled him to move toward the window away from the hallway. He spoke with his brother excitedly, anger flaring as he told him what he'd learned. Torr hissed in shocked response. Their brother had much to explain. Carefully smoothing their expressions once more they stepped out of the room and returned to their hosts. Another twenty minutes and the group finally returned to the foyer where they had started.

Waiting there was a powerful looking dark tom wearing a high ranking officer's uniform. Narrowing their eyes, both brothers deliberately sniffed the air then bristled.

It was Torr who confronted their brother, "How dare you take a male to be your mate?" He hissed at Tanlir. His brother Shane had stepped up behind Tanlir. "You know the penalty for such a transgression yet still you dared?" He demanded furiously.

Blood drained from Tanlir's face in shocked dismay. How had they known, then he realized... 'You fool, Ulysses' scent is all over you!' He berated himself for being so stupid.