RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Why don't we get comfortable?" Tanlir suggested, not wanting to get into explanations just yet and the proximity of his mate was driving him insane with lust.

Feral eyed him suspiciously but complied. He stripped off his clothes meticulously, hanging his suit up and tossing his under things on a nearby chair.

Tanlir had taken his clothes more quickly and was already naked and sitting on the bed. He watched his mate take his time undressing. It made him hot and hungry as each piece was taken off.

Feral turned to face Tanlir and felt his heart jump at the look he was giving him. Tanlir looked like Feral was a delicious desert and he was hungry. The dark tom immediately felt himself get wet and hot.

Not taking his eyes off Tanlir's face, Feral walked slowly toward the cheetah, unconsciously swaying his hips. As soon as he was within reach of the seated tom, Tanlir immediately wrapped his arms around Feral's waist and nuzzled the dark tom's belly making him shiver and moan. Tanlir's fingers were kneading the twin globes of the bigger Kat's ass.

Talking was obviously not going to be happening just yet as Tanlir pulled his mate to the bed and made hot and intense love to him. It was rough and fierce, ending in twin roars of completion.

After catching their breaths, Feral rolled to his side, put his head on a raised palm and studied his mate.

"Not that the diversion wasn't fun, but I still want my explanation." He said firmly, brooking no more evasions.

Tanlir sighed, rolling to his side and facing his mate. 'How do you tell your mate he wouldn't be accepted by your father?' He thought bitterly. It wasn't Ulysses' fault. He couldn't set him aside . . . they were lifemates . . . Goddess what a mess.

Feral didn't think Tanlir was being deceitful or was incompetent. He would hope the rank his mate had attained was earned and not just given to him. His senses and the time he'd spent with the cheetah told him this was a very intelligent and forthright Kat. He suspected the problem lay with his country's traditions and the fact he required guards. He decided to nudge the cheetah a little.

"Perhaps you could tell me why you require guards? All the other leaders had some of their officers along and though they were watching for any danger to their superior, they were involved in the conference along side their leaders. Yours were plainly bodyguards and here for that express purpose only." Feral said plainly, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

Tanlir grimaced. 'Of course his mate would spot that immediately.' He thought unhappily. No one else had remarked on it but then he suspected a few of the leaders knew what he was in the first place.

"I'm one of six princes. My father is King Geoffrey Roender." He said heavily.

Feral's eyes widened in mild surprise. "So I'm mated to a Prince?" He said a bit bemused.

"Yes, but there's a major problem." Tanlir said, sitting up and rubbing his neck in distress.

"That I guessed already. So what is it?"

"Uhm . . . Well, you see, my brothers and I are in competition for the throne. My father decreed that the first to breed an heir will be next in line for the throne. Then each one after that in order of who successfully sires a kit. A perfect safety net for our country. But, so far, none has found mates or bred. I'm now the first but . . .., " He halted and swallowed, anguish spreading across his face. "Mating a male is forbidden. I face severe punishment and humiliation once it's known." He finished with his head drooping, staring bleakly at the bedding beneath him.

Feral went very still. 'Gods! What a mess. He takes me without my knowledge and says we're lifemated but he isn't allowed to present me to his father. Isn't this grand?' He thought bitterly.

"Wonderful mess we're in. Did you have a solution of how to solve it?" He finally said in irritation as he sat up too.

Tanlir blanched at his mate's acerbic tone. "No, actually. It's still a shock to me that I'm lifemated to a male." He said

"I sympathize!" Feral said sarcastically.

Wincing, the cheetah spread his paws in helpless supplication. "Please, my love. I cannot be with another. You are the one for me . . . I know this . . . I just . . . I don't know what to do."

Feral sighed and let his anger go. "You know, I've heard you call me 'my love' a few times now. I was taken aback when I heard you say it the first time and couldn't understand why you would call me that endearment when I was, supposedly, a temporary fling. Guess I know now what you think of me." He reached out and pulled Tanlir to him. He wrapped his arms around him and nuzzled his face.

"Okay, I suggest for now we let it sit and say nothing. You go home and give your father the proposal. See what happens with that first. Our personal problem is not as important as that is right now . . . at least to me. Once that is taken care of then we'll see what happens next. Alright?" Feral asked, laying out the only solution available at the moment.

Tanlir sighed and nodded. Ulysses suggestion was the best option right now but he would miss his mate terribly. Since it could be a while before he could come back to Megakat City, he intended to make the most of his last night.

"You're right, my love. That is the best solution for the present situation. The secret must be kept, at least for now. I prefer to indulge in something more pleasant and leave that be. If I'm not going to see you for a while, I want to spend every last moment with you I can." He said huskily.

Smiling warmly, Feral said invitingly, "Now that is a decision I can easily agree to."

The night was filled with times of desperate need, high intensity, some roughness, and moments of tenderness. Every part of each other was explored. Resting periods were spent learning more about each others past, wants, needs, hopes and dreams.

Morning found them entwined and waking to make slow and tender love before reluctantly parting. They couldn't risk any show of affection so Feral had to say farewell now. Their final kiss was long and lingering but finally they had to part. With a last sad glance, Feral slipped from the room and left for his apartment.

Feral walked into Enforcer Headquarters some two hours late. No one dared to comment when they saw the closed and tight expression on his face as he made for his office.

Shoving aside the ache he was only just beginning to feel, he dug into the pile of work waiting for him.

On a flight somewhere over the ocean . . .

Tanlir stared moodily out the plane window. He had had to extract a promise of secrecy from his personal guards on the drive to the airport. They weren't happy about it but pledged their silence.

Jeetter, his long time guard, dared to object before giving their pledge. "Your highness, this is highly irregular. Why would you require us to keep secret your tryst with Commander Feral. Dalliance with a male is allowed. Was there something more about it that could cause you serious trouble?" He asked in concern.

"I'm afraid there is but I won't say why. I don't want to put you in a compromising situation. What you don't know can't be forced from you by an order from my father. I just prefer the incident with Feral not be spoken of at all." Tanlir explained.

"Very well, your highness. No word of it will be said by us." Jeetter said unhappily.

Now, as they were winging their way home, he needed to push his unhappiness to the back of his mind and smooth his features. His brothers would know immediately that something was up if he arrived with his heart on his sleeve for all to see. His focus must be on the proposal and nothing else if he was to hide his secret pain successfully from his family. The ache in his heart had to remain hidden completely.