RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Over the next few weeks, Feral was shown the many sights of Tanlir's home, introduced to other important people, and begun his lessons on proper comportment of a Consort.

The last was boring in the extreme for Feral. He, of course, had impeccable manners, but all the proper ways of greeting and behaving as a royal were myriad and seemingly unending. Sometimes it was very difficult to take any of, what he deemed pretentious mannerisms he was expected to learn, seriously. But he knew to keep his opinions to himself and learn what he was required to, quickly.

No more incidents occurred as the country geared up for the important investiture ceremony.

Normally, he was told, this ceremony was for giving out special awards to those individuals who had done something to protect King and country. As Kings and Queens began to live longer, a new ceremony had to be invented to recognize princes and princesses new spouses when they were not going to be King or Queen for some time or not at all. It was suggested the investiture ceremony be used for this purpose. This was well received by the people and had been used to designate a consort and give them a rank. It had been used successfully for the last one hundred years.

It wasn't a really long ceremony, fortunately, but there were a lot of preparations to do for it. Huge bouquets of flowers to adorn the throne room, new outfits for the viewers, the feast for afterwards, and the formal wear of the royal party.

And that was what Feral hated the most...being dressed up. He was fitted with heavy ornate clothing from medieval times and a small gold coronet. A heavy chain with a medallion engraved with the symbol of the kingdom made of pure gold and the size of a baseball went around his neck. Around his waist a heavy, beautifully engraved leather belt with sword sheath attached was put on by the royal dressers.

Tanlir approached with a huge grin on his face and a beautiful sword carried lovingly in his paws.

"This belonged to a great uncle who was one of our most revered military leaders. Father wants you to have it. Wear it with honor, Ulysses." He said gravely, placing the sword in Feral's paws.

Feral stared down at the well made and heavily engraved silver blade. The pommel was encrusted with precious stones and was gold. He'd never owned anything like this before. With proper reverence he slid the sword into the sheath at his side.

"You look magnificent, my love." Tanlir said, staring with awe at his mate.

Feral turned to look in the nearby full length mirror and let out a breath of amazement. He didn't look like the same kat in these clothes. An image of some ancient medieval warrior stared back at him. 'Wow!' He thought, stunned. 'I look incredible.'

"What's more important, no alterations are necessary." The head dresser said admiring the soon to be consort. The rest of the dressers murmured their admiration for the handsome dark tom.

Feral blushed a bit from the many comments. "Right, so...can I take this all off now?" He asked gruffly.

"Of course, your highness." The head dresser said with a small smile as he and his helpers divested Feral of his finery.

A little later, wearing a more simple suit and tie, Feral and Tanlir headed for the council chambers. Feral was required to attend sessions to become more familiar with the workings of the kingdom. This was unusual for a consort since they were usually female and were given more feminine duties but because of both being male and a military leader in his own right, the King had insisted he be in attendance.

As with his first council meeting, he found the sessions interesting though sometimes they could be boring.

When he was finished there, he was tutored in his mate's quarters by the royal historian on the background of the kingdom he would soon be a part of.

And so his days went, learning his new duties, meeting endless other royal members, spending time with the King and council members, lessons, taking tea and lessons with the Queen and trying to spend some quality time with his mate.

Of course, amongst all that, he had to submit to examinations by Dr. Taglion morning and evening.

At the end of yet another full day, Feral sighed as he stripped his suit off. His mate had just arrived in the room and was doing the same.

"I never thought I would be just as busy as I am at home." He grunted. "It's a lot to take in over a short time. I feel like I'm back at the Enforcer Academy."

"I know what you mean, Uly. My days are usually fairly busy but I always had time to slip away and take time for myself. Not so now! Father is determined that I be completely ready for taking command of the new embassy in Megakat City so I've not had a moment to myself. Then there's the investiture in less than a week." Tanlir sighed tirededly.

"Glad I'm not alone feeling like I'm on an express train." Feral snorted in tired amusement.

Tanlir snickered. "Good description! Even my brothers haven't been spared. My mother gave each of them a portion of the investiture ceremony to take care of. She feels, even though we have servants to deal with arrangements, they should be familiar with what's involved and knowing all the details required for a successful ceremony." He said.

Feral grimaced, "I almost feel sorry for them. There are certainly a lot of details."

"I think it feels that way only because I'm the first in fifty years to have this ceremony done and everyone is afraid to miss something." Tanlir said with a shrug. "Anyway, enough of that subject my love. How was your day?"

Feral gave him a thumbnail description as they moved to the bathroom. A couple of servants bowed. They had finished preparing the area for the royal pair and were backing out to leave them alone.

Feral groaned in pleasure as the hot water swirled around his tired body. Dinner had been interesting and delicious but now he was tired and wanted nothing more than to wash and get some sleep. As he lay on his back and drowsed for a bit, Tanlir smiled tenderly at his tired mate as he moved closer to him.

He wrapped an arm around Uly's waist and leaned down for a gentle kiss. Feral opened a sleepy eye and gave Tanlir a small smile. He lowered his legs to stand back up and went into Tanlir's embrace. They kissed for a long moment, savoring their closeness and the rare chance of being alone.

Tanlir rubbed his mate's back with a soapy washcloth, then worked it around the dark-furred body. He paused for some moments over each nipple making Feral's eyes widen and darken with pleasure.

"Hmmm...that's nice..." He purred.

"I enjoy pleasing you my love." Tanlir rumbled as he moved the wash cloth down and around to Feral's rear then back to the front again. He leaned forward to kiss the dark tom while he took the wash cloth and passed it between his mate's legs then began pulling it gently back and forth causing it rub against his mate's balls and clitoris.

Feral pulled from the kiss to gasp and moan. The gentle torture was intense and wonderful. To return the favor, he wrapped a large paw around his mate's now hard pole. He stroked it up and down making Tanlir growl with heat.

They teased each other with kisses and touches to all their erogenous zones, finally Tanlir couldn't take anymore and coaxed his mate to turn around. Placing his paws on the rim of the pool, Feral pushed his rear out and lifted his tail out of the water.

Taking care, Tanlir eased himself into his mate's waiting channel. Feral gasped and moaned as they joined tightly together. Tanlir leaned over his mate and nuzzled him before beginning a slow and deep thrusting. Feral groaned loudly and pressed his body outward to meet each of his mate's thrusts. Smiling darkly, Tanlir reached around and grasped his mate's bobbing cock and began to jack it in time with his movements.

Beginning to tremble, Feral felt flutters of tension spreading throughout his body. They got stronger and stronger until he cried out as his body spasmed.

Tanlir felt his mate's growing tension and was on the verge when his body tightened around his cock. He roared as his climax burst from him as his seed filled his mate's channel.

Feral went limp and was half lying on the edge of the pool with Tanlir draped over his back. When he recovered, the cheetah quickly withdrew and pulled his mate into his arms.

Feral sighed and sagged drowsily in his mate's arms. Tanlir smiled tenderly down at his tired mate.

"It's time we got out of here and dried off, my love." He murmured quietly.

"Hmmm, good idea." Feral said, a yawn catching him as he moved forward to the stairs.

Tanlir guided him up and over to the dryers. After about ten minutes and with the help of the servants they were brushed and dressed in night clothes.

Feral slide into the bed with a deep sigh and murred softly at the feel of Tanlir slipping in and spooning him from behind.

"Good night my love, sweet dreams." Tanlir murmured warmly.

"You too, my love." Feral sighed, already nearly asleep.

Finally, the day of the investiture dawned bright and early. Though the ceremony itself only takes about an hour, the preparations take all morning. The ceremony was set for three that afternoon.

Feral was dragged out of bed at eight o'clock. Breakfast was a formal occasion, attended by all the members of the royal family. Next, he was taken back to his room where he and Tanlir were dressed in semi-formal robes as was all the royal family then he was led to the council chambers for his formal induction to the council. Each member of the council wore their family's robes and stood behind their chairs.

The King and Queen entered followed by Tanlir with Feral by his side then his brothers. They took their seats. Feral discovered a seat had been placed next to Tanlir and bore his name. He stood behind it like the others and waited.

The Lord Constable read a document declaring the addition of one Ulysses Feral to the rolls of the council members. Next the King gave a small welcoming speech then those that desired to gave a speech. The King took over once more.

"Ulysses Feral by the power invested in me by the paw of our loving Goddess Bastet and the people, I make you Duke of the Roaring Fields. You are charged with the care and keeping of the villages, the people, and the lands to the east of the kingdom. Rule them well." He intoned.

Feral had been taught how to respond to this and waited for his turn. The King nodded toward him. Taking a deep breath, he spoke. "I, Ulysses Feral, accept this title and its holdings. I will do all in my power to dispense my duties as written in the accords of the Kingdom." He said by rote. He sighed inwardly at getting it right and not flubbing it.

The room erupted in a roar of approval. After that they all sat down and a regular council meeting took place. The only difference now was Feral had a say in the proceedings.

Lunch was after the council meeting. The council members were invited and they spent the time getting to know their newest member. After lunch, Tanlir was required to be with his father while Feral was required to take a nap by Dr. Taglion. He was concerned about how much pressure Feral was under as well as his blood pressure being a bit low.

Not willing to take the chance that Feral might faint during the ceremony the Queen added her stricture that the consort seek his bed at once. Bowing in obedience, Feral made for his rooms. He didn't want to admit that he really was tired. It wasn't surprising then for Tanlir to find his mate sound asleep when he returned to his rooms some a little over an hour later.

He didn't disturb Ulysses, deciding to unwind and relax as much as he could on the couch in his den. The investiture was in two hours and it would be exhausting, resting now would be the only chance he'd get for hours to come.

It seemed he had barely shut his eyes when a servant apologetically woke him. He grunted and got to his feet.

"You haven't awakened the consort yet have you?" He asked.

"Not yet, your highness. Tracy was just going to." The servant said.

Tanlir hurried past him and into his bedroom. His mate was still asleep and a servant was just reaching for him. Tanlir hissed a him and the servant halted in surprise, turning to stare questioningly at the prince.

Tanlir waved for him to join him in the dressing room. Nodding Tracy left the bed area and followed.

"Sorry, I didn't want Ulysses awakened just yet. Because he's male, it won't take long to dress him and he needs as much sleep as he can get. Let's get me ready first." Tanlir explained. The servants smiled in understanding and the tedious work of preparing began.

By the time he had been showered, dried, and dressed it was time for Ulysses to be prepared.

Moving ponderously in his formal wear, Tanlir approached the bed and gently awakened his mate.

Feral blinked and yawned. His eyes widened when he beheld his mate dressed and ready for the ceremony. "Wha...why didn't you wake me..." He started to get upset and move off the bed.

"Easy love! There's plenty of time and you desperately needed your rest to handle what's to come. Now take it slow and we'll get you ready in time." The cheetah said soothingly.

A servant moved up quickly and offered the consort a refreshing beverage and some crackers. Sitting still and letting his galloping heart slow down, Feral accepted the cup and crackers and slowly consumed them. When he'd finished he was calm again and ready to go.

He took a shower, was dried thoroughly and brushed, then dressed. As Tanlir had promised, he was done in plenty of time.

"You look so good, love." Tanlir said warmly, leaning close and giving him a kiss. "Now I must be off to take my place with my brothers. See you soon."

Feral nodded. Two of the council members appeared, nodded at the prince then approached the Commander.

"You cut a magnificent figure, Consort. We are here to escort you. Are you ready?" Lord Fanlon asked.

"Yes, thank you." Feral said nervously.

They walked together out of the prince's quarters and down the hall to the staircase. The halls were empty as they headed for the ballroom. The doors were open and from within a subdued hum of voice emanated but as he and his escorts got closer horns sounded and then there was silence.

They reached the door and Feral was stunned. The room was richly decorated with tapestries and flowers. A crowd was seated in rows of chairs facing a platform where the King and Queen sat on their thrones and their sons and the council sat behind them. A thick carpet runner of gold ran from the door to the thrones.

Next to the door were a pair of guards holding twin swords crossed over the entryway where he was to pass. Standing just inside past them was the King's Seneschal Camden. In a loud and melodious voice he announced, "The Consort, Ulysses Feral."

A burst of music filled the air and Feral began to walk nervously down the aisle, the pair of councilors two steps behind him. He counted his steps as he'd been taught so that he wouldn't walk to fast. As he approached the platform, all the royal family stood. The King and Queen stepped forward and waited for him to arrive. On the floor before them was a small padded stool. As soon as he reached this, he knelt on his knees on the stool and bowed his head. The music stopped and all was quiet.

The King came forward and drew his sword. He raised it high then came down on Feral's right shoulder. "In the name of our Goddess Bastet, I grant thee the rank of Duke." He moved the sword to the left shoulder and intoned, "In sight of all, I honor and accept you into my royal family as Consort to Prince Tanlir." He raised the sword again, held it high then sheathed it.

He held his paws out, "Stand with your new family, Consort Ulysses Feral." He commanded.

Feral stood carefully, the stool was quickly whisked away by a servant, then he took the King's paws into his own and was led up the steps of the pedestal and placed beside Tanlir. The King released him and returned to his Queen's side.

The King's Seneschal Camden announced, "All hail Duke Feral, Lord of the Roaring Fields and Consort to Prince Tanlir."

Horns sounded again and the room erupted into roars of approval and clapping.

Feral was trembling with emotion that only Tanlir could feel as he leaned close to him. Surreptitiously, he slipped an arm behind his mate and soothed him with a caress as all around them the noise rose to a crescendo.