RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


They were standing in a very large room that was heavily carpeted with banners hanging on the walls. Behind the small group of chairs was a large bay of windows where the sun was streaming in. At the front of the room was a long ornate table sitting on a stage with a long row of chairs behind it. Spaced out against the walls were the palace guards in their livery, standing at attention, each with a sword in a scabbard at their sides.

The chairs on the floor were filled with the press in front and important business people behind. A low mutter of voices filled the air but ceased when the Seneschal announced the royal family. Everyone stood and moments later a line of Kats came in from a side door. Genrey, Shane, Tanlir, a stranger, The King and Queen, Torr, Vito, and Cymric took their seats. Behind them entered the council. They remained standing.

As soon as the royals and council were in, the crowd sat and waited attentively as King Roender stood to address them.

"Welcome to our home my loyal subjects. We are gathered here today to make a most joyful announcement. But first, I will tell you that our country has joined the Coalition for the Protection of the Planet from Alien Attack. The plan is a sound one and well thought out by Chief Enforcer Ulysses Feral of Megakat City. A copy of the plan will be handed out so that you can publish it for my subjects to become familiar with its purpose. In line with being a part of the coalition, I've decided to open an Embassy in Megakat City. One of my sons will be an ambassador there and will monitor our business dealings with that city." The King paused a moment.

The room rumbled with approval of this plan and many were scribbling notes for the evening's paper.

"Now my second announcement is more personal. It seems my son, Tanlir, has found the other half of his soul at the coalition conference a month ago. We were surprised at his choice of mate but the council and I are firmly convinced of the trueness of his lifemating. His new mate is four weeks pregnant which means Tanlir is now the next in line for the throne." The King continued, not surprised when the crowd responded predictably.

There was a spat of surprised sounds and many smiles but also looks of confusion since they didn't see a female anywhere on the stage. They silenced when the King raised his paw.

"When we say we were surprised by his choice it was because he has bonded to a male hermaphrodite. This is unprecedented in the history of our kingdom and was quite a shock but I want you to welcome him, as my Queen and I have, as the newest member of the royal family. I introduce to you, Prince Tanlir's new consort, Commander Ulysses Feral." The King said gesturing for the two to stand.

There was stunned silence for a solid minute then a roar of sound that was a mix of shock, questions and dismay. The group on the stage stayed silent, letting the shock wear off before answering any questions.

The fervor finally tapered off except for a lot of low-level murmuring.

"Your majesty!" Called out a member of the press. The King nodded for him to speak.

"You say you and the council are convinced of the lifemating of Tanlir to this male and of his pregnancy. May we ask how you determined this?" He asked.

The Kind gestured behind him. The Minister of Defense spoke up and explained what had been done to prove the truth of the matter. The press scribbled this information down frantically. There was still a look of disbelief as everyone stared at the tall, powerful looking tom standing beside the King. No way did that Kat look pregnant and it was going to be hard for the general populace to believe it as well but no one would ever call their King a liar.

Oh yes, this was going to cause a great stir and a lot of talk in the Kingdom for months to come.

After asking questions about how the pair met, the coalition, information on the Commander's job in Megakat City, etc., the questions became more personal.

"Your Consort, will you be giving up your career in Megakat City?" A female asked.

"No, after I've attended the ceremony to officially make me consort and the bonding is recognized, I will be returning to Megakat City." Feral answered politely.

"And before you ask, I will also be going with him. I've been named the Ambassador to Megakat City." Tanlir interrupting quickly.

"What about when the kitten is due? Will you return to have it here?" Another asked.

"Right now that is unknown. It depends on Ulysses' condition at the time." Tanlir said lightly.

"Isn't it difficult for a male to be pregnant, much less give birth?" A female asked, unable to fathom a male doing such a thing.

"In the first couple of months there are some problems not encountered by females, because of the obvious differences between myself and a full female but with careful monitoring by my physician, I should be alright. By my third month most of the danger will have passed and it should progress normally after that. I don't know to much about giving birth yet. Guess I'll know when it happens." Feral said, a bit tongue and cheek, to relieve some of the tension around him.

There was a brief spat of laughter at that. Despite that bit of levity, the same reported asked, "What kind of problems can occur in the first few months for you?" The female persisted, curious.

Feral sighed inwardly, uncomfortable speaking about this in public. Sensing this, Tanlir signaled Seneschal Camden to escort Dr. Taglion in where he had been waiting patiently. He had wanted to set everyone's fears to rest early on in case Ulysses did have another episode of anemia.

"This is Dr. Taglion, a specialist in male herms. He was gracious enough to be willing to be Ulysses' personal physician. I will let him explain what the dangers are for my mate." Tanlir said turning over the briefing to the doctor.

Dr. Taglion was an excellent speaker and was able to answer all questions put to him but had to decline to answer those that broke the rules of patient confidentiality. The press seemed to be satisfied after that and the conference was ended.

Everyone stood as the royals departed the room followed by the council and disappeared through the door. As the public left, many an excited conversation could be heard as they spilled out the main door.

As they royals walked down the hall, King Roender had a pleased look on his face.

"I think that went well, don't you my dear?" He asked his Queen.

"Yes dear, I think so too." She said warmly.

"I'm just glad it's over finally." Tanlir said with a sigh taking his mate's paw in his own. Feral grinned at him in relief as well.

"Well it seems it's time for a late lunch, shall we retire to the dining room?" The King suggested as he led the way down the long hallway. The council disbanded going off to attend to affairs of their own. The family settled down to a comfortable and relaxed lunch together then Dr. Taglion ordered Feral to rest for an hour or so.

A tour of the city sights was planned for the afternoon and he wanted Feral to be rested. Ulysses sighed, feeling much put upon but found it not so bad when Tanlir whispered he would join him in a little while for a little personal attention. First, though, he had business of his own to attend so left his mate in the capable paws of his youngest brother Cymric.

Cymric told Ulysses and Dr. Taglion about some of the sights they would be seeing and asked numerous questions about Megakat City with ill concealed excitement. Feral smiled inwardly as he answered the youngster's questions. He liked him and was glad the young prince didn't live in his world. That innocence would be destroyed in the 'war zone' that was Megakat City.

Cymric left them at Tanlir's quarters with a bright smile.

"Nice fellow." Taglion said as he headed for his room. "Get some rest, Commander." He admonished the big tom. "I certainly intend too."

"Yes he is." Feral agreed warmly. "I'm not used to napping in the middle of the day but I will rest, promise." Feral said turning into his new quarters and closing the door behind him. He didn't go to the bedroom right away. He went to the library of books Tanlir had in his living space. He looked them over and picked a book that sounded interesting and took it to the bedroom.

He took off his coat, tie, and boots then settled back against the pillows piled against the headboard and began to read. Tanlir came in an hour later to find his mate asleep with a book laying on his chest. Smiling warmly, he removed the book and set it on the table nearby. He took his own coat, tie and shoes off then climbed onto the bed.

Feral woke at the movement of the bed and gazed sleepily at Tanlir's face hovering over his.

"Hmm, I really didn't think I would fall asleep like that. I'm still not used to being this tired." He murmured.

"I can only guess, my love, what it must be like for you and how frustrating. I'm glad that you did get some rest. Perhaps a shower will perk you up before we meet the others for a tour of our Kingdom." He said, with a questioning eyebrow raised.

Feral yawned hugely and stretched before answering his mate. "That's probably a good idea." He agreed.

Tanlir smiled, climbing off the bed again and making for the huge bathroom to start the shower. Ulysses joined him and was surprised when his mate stripped too.

"Thought I'd give you a helping paw." Tanlir said in a low seductive voice.

"Ohh...really?" Ulysses said, giving him a smoky look.

"Hmm...yess...after you my love." The cheetah murmured gesturing for the dark tom to move into the huge shower.

The shower had multiple spray heads, giving them a rain-like cascade of water over them.

Feral sighed and enjoyed the interesting effect against his body. Tanlir reached past him to a ledge that held many types of cleansing products, brushes, and loofas. He chose a loofa and spread a generous amount of a rain-scented body wash on it.

Moving closer to his mate, he began a slow caressing wash of the broad back. Feral arched his back and sighed deeply. It was so nice to be taken care of.

The cheetah's attention grew more sensuous as he washed his mate's more intimate areas drawing a moan of pleasure from the big dark tom. Paying particular attention to Ulysses' female genitals with his fingers and using the loofah on the tom's front, he made his mate nearly dance on his toes in uncontrollable desire and heat.

"Ooooh...Tanlir..." He groaned hotly.

Grinning wickedly, Tanlir increased his attention until Ulysses was shuddering and making strangled sounds of need.

"I love you so much my consort." Tanlir said in a deeper, darker voice, pausing a moment to nibble on Ulysses' neck and caress the still hard muscled stomach that held the future heir to the throne.

"Tanlir...Gods...take me please...I can't take any more...ooooooo" Ulysses' moaned, his body writhing helplessly.

"As you wish my love," Tanlir cooed, moving into position and swiftly sheathing himself in his mate's female heat. "Ooooh, yes...you are so hot and wet for me." He groaned as he set a fast rhythm.

"Mmmmm..." Was all his dark mate could articulate.

As the hot water cascaded down on them, Tanlir brought them to a roaring climax that left them limp, panting, and leaning against a nearby wall to keep their feet.

Recovered after several long minutes, Tanlir turned his mate around for a long lingering kiss. When they parted, he smiled warmly.

"Guess we should hurry and finish before one of my servants peeks in to see if we are alright and to remind us that others wait for us." Tanlir sighed reluctantly.

"Probably a very good idea." Feral grinned then leaned forward to give his mate a quick kiss.

They finished washing up then stepped under the dryers. As they walked back into the bedroom, Feral found he wasn't surprised anymore that two servants waited to dress them. Within minutes, they were properly attired and leaving their quarters, meeting up with Dr. Taglion as they headed out.

"I'm excited to see more of this beautiful country of yours, Prince Tanlir." Dr. Taglion said, his eyes bright with excitement.

Tanlir smiled at him as they met up with two of his brothers that would be accompanying them.

They went through the main hall doors and down the steps to a formal closed carriage pulled by four beautiful white horses completely outfitted as befitted the royal house. A foot Kat, wearing the King's livery, opened the carriage door and dropped the attached steps down. He stepped back and held the door while Tanlir, Ulysses, Dr. Taglion, Shane and Cymric climbed aboard. He closed the door then climbed up to the rear of the carriage.

Feral heard the driver call out a command to the team and without a jerk, the carriage smoothly began to move down the long drive to the heavy gates that opened as they arrived closer to them. He leaned out a bit and saw an escort of four riders ahead and four behind on horses also dressed in the livery of the King and wearing swords at their sides. He felt like he'd been transported to medieval times.

"Wow! This is really something." He said, shaking his head.

"Glad you like it, my love. This carriage has been in my family for generations." Tanlir said, smiling. His brothers looked pleased at Feral's response as well.

"What a rich and long history your country has. I almost regret our visit will be so short." Dr. Taglion said in awe. "I'll just have to try and see everything I can."

"Wait til you see the gardens and the marketplace, doctor. I doubt you'll have seen anything like them where you come from." Cymric said with a happy grin.

"And you'd be right. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them, young Prince." Dr. Taglion said, grinning back.

They settled back and enjoyed the ride down to the village while the Princes told their visitors a bit of their Kingdom's history and some of the things they would be seeing.