RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Dimension Two...

Salvage Yard...next morning...

"Well, will you look at this?" Chance said in pleased surprise as he tossed the paper down in front of his partner as he was eating his breakfast.

"What is it?" Jake asked picking the paper up.

"He's succeeded in catching a mate just as he said he would." Chance chuckled.

Jake read the article and smiled too. "Heh, heh! Yeah he sure did and the wealthiest male in Megakat City to boot!"

"He looks real happy too!" Chance added then went silent as a memory drifted across his mind.

"Jake?" He said some minutes later.

"Hmmm...?" His partner murmured questioningly.

"It's been a little over six months since that weird incident with Feral. How are your plans coming along?" Chance asked thoughtfully sitting down across from his friend.

"Well I put out a lot of feelers about how receptive the market for technology outside Megakat City was like. A couple of months ago, I began to get lots of offers. Since then I've been sending my inventions and upgrades out to buyers. We are accumulating a tidy sum so far. It will take a couple months more but word will get around about me and I'll have more orders than I can fill." Jake said grinning.

"Really! That's great news. So how much have you succeeded in making so far?" Chance asked curious.

"Oh, we have around a half mil now." Jake said casually.

Chance's jaw dropped and he gaped at his partner. Jake smirked at him in amusement then sobered.

"That may sound like a lot, buddy but it's not enough to do what we need to do yet. I'm guessing my double must have stored away at least five mil before he bought the land where their new base was placed and the debt he paid off." He said seriously.

"Still, that's a tidy sum for just a few months, Jake. Where do you think he put their new base?" The tabby asked musingly as he reached for a piece of bacon.

"Well, you know, if my double is that much like me, I would want someplace where no one could sneak up on us and totally defensible. Something like an island would do." The cinnamon tom said thoughtfully.

"Well, there's certainly a lot of those not far from Megakat Bay." Chance said smiling.

"Yeah, there certainly are. I'll be looking at them closely soon enough. Just think we may very well be out of here in about a year." Jake said in excitement.

"Oh man, that would be so cool. I can hardly wait. You be sure and let me know what I can do to help make this dream come true." Chance warned his partner.

"Of course, this our future we're talking about not mine alone." Jake assured him.

"Well until that day, guess we better get to work." He said sighing regretfully as he got up from the table and headed for the stairs down to the garage.

"Spoilsport!" Jake said cheerfully, following his partner.

Dimension One...

It had been a long night and Felina had left hours ago, when Razor and the Professor finally called a halt to get some much needed rest. They had succeeded in designing a weapon based on Dark Kat's Mega Beam. It still needed a little bit more tinkering and a test run. When that was completed, they would move to redesigning some of Razor's weaponry besides some of the unique weapons Hackle had been tinkering with.

Yawning fiercely, the two inventors made their way to the main house. Hackle showed Razor to a comfortable guest room and bid his young friend good night or a good morning since it was almost dawn when they went to sleep.

Back at the SWAT Kats hidden base, the weak sound of a kitten's cry woke an exhausted Feral. Carefully rolling to his side, the Commander reached for the latch on the portal to his son's isolette. Opening it, he carefully reached in and stroked the tiny body. Little Ethan was kicking in agitation. Feral frowned in concern but before he could summon help, Medi came in at that moment.

Medi swiftly checked the readouts on the various devices attached to Ethan. It adjusted one or two then handed Feral a breast pump.

"Here Commander, I'm sure your breasts are beginning to be painful and Ethan is hungry. He will not be able to eat much so I will store the excess. Let me assist you," it said gently as it came around the bed and helped raise it so that Feral could sit up and opened his shirt.

Feral knew how to use the device having done so with Zira. Medi was right his breasts were full and tender and it was a relief to empty them.

Medi took the device and the full container then filled a very small bottle and attached a nipple.

It handed the tiny bottle to Feral and set the other aside. Opening the isolette, Medi very gently lifted little Ethan from the bed careful of the tubes and lines and laid the kitten in its mother's arms.

Feral was a little afraid. Ethan was so very tiny and seemed lost in his mother's powerful arms. Tenderly, he touched the nipple to Ethan's tiny mouth and coaxed him to suck. It took a bit for the kitten to catch on but soon he was sucking hard on the nipple. It took him ten minutes to drain the bottle and seem satisfied, by then he was very tired.

Laying the bottle down, Feral very carefully tapped a finger on his son's back to burp him. Ethan only bubbled a little. Medi gently took the kitten back from it's mother and placed him in the isolette once more taking a few minutes to straighten all the medical gear then closing the isolette once more. It lowered the bed for Feral so he could rest.

Feral sighed and snuggled deeper into the covers, drifting back to sleep to the sound of the beeps and hums of his son's medical equipment.

A few hours later...

"Daddy...Daddy...get up!" An excited little voice shrilled.

"Uhmm..." Was the only coherent sound Chance made. Suddenly, he was pummeled by a small body jumping on him. "I'm up!" He growled a little rolling over and causing his daughter to fall to his side.

"Come on Daddy. I want to see Mommy an Clara says I hav to wait fo you!" Zira whined.

He smiled at her and pulled the small body to him for a hug which she gleefully returned.

"Alright, but first we have to have breakfast then we'll go see Mommy and your new brother Ethan, okay?" Chance told her.

"Okay!" She said a little reluctantly.

"Good! Now you go back to Clara and get dressed and let Daddy do the same." He said warmly dropping her to her feet on the floor. She smirked and dashed out.

Sighing Chance yawned and shoved the bedding off. He was still tired but knew his daughter wouldn't leave him alone and he couldn't blame her. She was worried about her Mom and was excited to see her new sibling. Yawning again he turned on the shower.

After a quick wash and dry, he was putting on his shirt when his daughter bounced into the room again.

"You slow, Daddy," she pouted.

"Says you!" He snorted as he sat down on the bed and put his shoes on. He watched her in amusement out of the corner of his eye. She was literally bouncing on her feet waiting impatiently for him.

"Okay, tiger let's go get breakfast," Chance said as he swooped his daughter up into his arms to her squeals of delight.

When they were nearly finished with breakfast made by their robot nanny, Clara, Chance took a moment to admonish Zira.

"Now listen, honey. Mommy and Ethan are still very tired and need their rest so if they are still asleep when we go into their room I want you to promise to be very quiet and whisper when you talk, can you do that for Daddy?" He asked her seriously.

She stared at her Dad's serious face and solemnly nodded, "Okay, Daddy, I be very quiet!"

"That's my love! Okay, you done eating?...good take your dishes to Clara and wash up real well." Chance said as he did the same.

A few minutes later he was walking to the elevator carrying Zira for the short ride to the medical room.

As the door silently opened, they were greeted by the sight of Feral holding little Ethan and feeding him from a tiny bottle.

Zira's eyes widened. "He is the same size as my dolly!" She whispered in surprise as her father came closer to the bed.

"Yes he is, sweetie." Feral said softly. "How's my favorite kitten, been good for daddy?"

"Yes mommy! I wash my hands and everything!" She said keeping her voice soft, her eyes still on her tiny brother.

Ethan waved his arms a little as his mother took the empty bottle away and shifted him to burp.

Chance reached a careful finger down to caress his son, not able to completely hide his concern about how small and fragile Ethan looked. Ulysses traded the same look with him. Trying to give him an encouraging look, the tabby leaned close and kissed his mate gently on the lips. Before he pulled away, Zira leaned close and kissed her mother's forehead.

Feral gave a gentle smile and a caress to his daughter's face before Chance straightened back up. "Thank you for visiting us but your brother needs to go back to bed. He tires real easy." He murmured softly to Zira.

At that moment, Medi glided silently into the room and carefully took the kitten from Feral's arms and placed him in the isolette once more. Zira wiggled her body, requesting to be let down. When he did, she made a beeline for her brother's isolette. She touched nothing as she peered into the bed with fascination.

Chance watched her carefully but she was very careful not to touch anything so he was able to turn his attention to his mate. He leaned down again to hug Uly warmly.

"How are you feeling, love?" He whispered.

"Very tired and sore," Uly sighed heavily.

"Maybe you'll be able to go home in a few day," he said questioningly glancing at Medi.

"I wish I could say yes, but it is too early to judge. Master Feral is very weak and requires another blood transfusion in a few hours. Master Ethan will not be able to leave. He will have to stay for at least two months until he gains the weight he needs to help him maintain his body temperature and doesn't stop breathing. These are common problems of premature kittens. So far he is doing well and has gained an ounce." Medi said solemnly.

Chance sighed. "Well, there's no help for it. Just take it a day at a time and get better, love. You'll be home soon," he said encouragingly.

"I know. But its boring and hard to stay on my back side for hours on end." Ulysses grumbled.

"I will bring a TV and DVD in for you, Master Feral, will that help?" Medi offered.

"Thanks, yes!" Feral sighed dispiritedly.

"I'll bring a few of your favorite movies, love." Chance promised.

Feral just nodded. Chance turned and gathered up his daughter.

"Say bye to momma and Ethan, Zira," he said.

"Bye mommy...bye Ethan..." Zira called out softly.

"Bye honey, take care of Daddy." Feral said smiling at his daughter.

"I will mommy. Come home soon!" She pleaded.

"I will, love don't worry. Mommy's just tired and needs lots of rest." Feral reassured her.

Chance waved and took them out of the medical room. He planned to take her back to their home so that she could play. He had some work to do around the house that he should probably get done while he was on leave from work.