RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Dimension One...next morning...Saturday...

"So how's Felina doing?" Chance asked innocently keeping his eyes on the TV and watching Zira play on the floor in front of him.

"Pretty stiff and sore but by this morning she should be okay." Jake answered as he drifted in from the kitchen where he had gotten a soda. He flopped down in an easy chair.

"I take it too stiff to do any other activity, heh?" The tabby tom smirked.

"Channnce...!" Jake growled in aggravation and embarrassment.

"Chance! Stop teasing your partner!" Came the sharp admonition from the direction of the stairs where Feral was coming down from their bedroom.

"Hey! I wasn't the one who decided to take her home when flying her would have gotten her there quicker. What am I supposed to think?" Chance said in amusement at his partner's discomfort.

Feral just sighed and waddled in to sit next to his mate. Chance wrapped an arm around him and kissed his cheek. His mate was now four and half months pregnant and his belly was huge.

"We had pizza and I gave her a back rub when they went into spasm." The slim tom said defensively. "And she gave me a kiss as I was leaving." He muttered softly looking at Feral nervously.

But Chance had heard the softly spoken addition and laughed. "Way to go buddy!"

Feral smiled warmly. "Well, I'm glad to see she is taking an interest in someone even if it's another SWAT Kat. Nothing like keeping it in the family."

Jake was surprised at Feral's off hand approval. He smiled back shyly, pleased to be acceptable to the fiercely protective Chief Enforcer.

"And speaking of my niece, I've invited her for dinner. You're welcome too Jake." Ulysses said.

Caught off guard, Jake blushed. "Ah...I don't want to impose..." He sputtered.

"Nonsense! You're always welcome and you know it. Give you more time with my niece as well." Feral said, mildly amused at Jake's shocked look.

"Mommy...mommy..." Zira said excitedly jumping up holding something in her little paws and climbing into her mother's lap. "Lookee what I did!" She said showing her mother the Lego figure she'd made.

"That looks great, lovey. Why don't you make some more?" Feral said indulgently. His daughter grinned a large gap toothed smile and slide off her mom's lap back to the floor. Chance smiled adoringly down at his daughter.

Jake felt envious when he saw those looks on Feral and his partner. They were so very happy and their daughter was a delight. He hoped one day very soon he would know this kind of happiness too.

Dimension Two...some weeks after the disastrous boat trip...

Everything had gone well and all the items up for auction had gone for better than the planners hoped. A substantial amount of money had been made. Jaren was in a good mood as he meandered from table to table greeting everyone for a few minutes before moving on to the next. Soon he'd finished his required host duties and Kats were leaving their tables to gather in groups here and there to talk, make business connections and hopeful matches for mating age kittens. In an alcove a band began to play and some of the guests made for the dance floor.

After politely putting up with the attentions of several prospective husband seekers, Jaren was able to slip away at last. His boyfriend had already escaped through the french doors leading to the elaborate gardens at the rear of the mansion.

He was amused by the she-kat hopefuls fluttering around him. He hadn't made it a secret that he was seeing someone but the females blindly failed to see or simply refused to accept that there was anything more than friendship between the handsome Chief Enforcer and himself. 'Well it will be their own fault if they are shocked later when he made Feral his mate.' He snickered to himself.

He stepped through the doors and walked casually down the broad steps to the fountain at the bottom and looked around. It took him some time to find his quarry. After checking the gardens he'd gone around the side of the house to where the land dropped off to the bay. Standing in the shadow of the trees lining the cliff he finally spotted the big male.

He quietly strolled up to the figure, his steps muffled by the deep, thick lawn.

"I thought I'd find you here!" He said quietly, warning the tom of his approach.

The broad back tensed alertly then relaxed. Jaren mentally congratulated himself for not giving into the romantic notion of surprising the powerful tom. Those reflexes were what kept the Chief Enforcer alive all these years.

"You've always hated these affairs even though they are important to your career." Jaren tsked softly coming to stand by Ulysses Feral.

Feral grunted, "A necessary evil."

"True and a successful one it was tonight." Jaren chuckled.

"Yes, thank you. The Enforcer Widows and Orphans Fund will be very appreciative." Feral nodded agreeable. "Won't your guests be hunting you?" He asked sardonically.

"Oh yes. All those husband hunting daughters of the wealthy and well placed." Jaren snorted. "I think I needed the escape more than you.

Feral just laughed softly. The sound tightening things lower down in Jaren's body. He moved closer and placed an arm around the dark tom's waist.

"I'd rather you to those over-scented, conniving she-kats inside." He rumbled pressing his face to Uly's and nuzzling his face fur.

Feral sucked in his breath and shivered at the contact. 'Kat's Alive! Jaren makes me feel so hot with just a touch.' He thought giddily. Turning his face toward the silver tom's he initiated a kiss that was hotly returned. Their mouths fused with intense desire, arms sliding around shoulders and waists, bodies swaying together to some inner music.

Jaren groaned at Uly's responsiveness. Perhaps this time there would be no hesitation. He knew Ulysses wasn't in heat now. The silver tom had every intention of finally bedding his dark furred boyfriend this night. He would not be denied again.

Dimension One...

It had been a fairly eventful day what with Pastmaster creating havoc again and, on the heels of his dismissal from the city, Hard Drive decided it would be an excellent time to slip into Enforcer Headquarters and shut down their main computer core. The subsequent mess gave Felina an aching head. Her uncle was fairly spitting with fury but when he calmed, he set her to do some digging into just what was going on in the city. She uncovered a few things but nothing that could be linked together.

Now was the time to contact someone who might be able to find that link. She walked into her apartment, tired and hungry. Stripping her clothes off and putting on more comfortable jeans and pullover tee she went to her kitchen to make something to eat. She checked her fridge and sighed. She seriously needed to do some shopping. Shutting the door she reached for the phone and placed an order, then paused and doubled it. She went back out into her living room and grabbed her enforcer radio.

"This is Lt. Feral, I want an all call out for the SWAT Kats. Send this message, 'SWAT Kats respond to call from Lt. Feral, off duty' end message. Got that?" She demanded.

"Yes ma'am. Sending now. Dispatch out!" Came the quick response.

Satisfied, Felina shut off her radio and waited for a call from the masked pair. She retrieved her briefcase and began to lay out the information she'd retrieved earlier on her coffee table. Before she could begin to review it again her phone rang.

"Hello?" She said.

"T-Bone here Lieutenant. Something you needed?" The tabby tom asked in concern.

"Yes, T-Bone but it's your partner I need to see. I have something I want to discuss with him. Is he available?" She asked mildly.

"Ah! Well he's not here at the moment and I was leaving for home. I'll relay your message and you should hear from him shortly. Anything specific you want me to tell him?" T-Bone asked curiously.

"No, just tell him it's about what we discussed before and thanks T-Bone." She said warmly.

"Sure, no problem! I'll tell him. Have a good night, Lieutenant." T-Bone said with a hint of disappointment that she wouldn't tell him as he hung up.

"You too!" She said hanging up as well.

She returned to her paperwork spread out on the table. Some fifteen minutes later there was a knock at her door. Opening it she saw the delivery Kat with her dinner. Paying him, she shut the door and took her meal to the kitchen to serve it up. She'd just finished and was heading back to the living room when there came another knock on her door.

Frowning, she put down her dishes on the coffee table and went to answer it. Standing there, looking concerned was Razor.

"Hi Felina, you wanted to see me?" He asked studying her.

"Yeah I did but I thought you would call first." She said pleasantly surprised as she gestured for him to come in.

He walked past her into the living room as he said, "Well, T-Bone caught me heading home so I simply changed directions and came here instead. Thought it would save time."

"I appreciate that since I was going to ask you to come over. I just ordered dinner for two. How about I serve you up your share then I can discuss what I asked you here for." She said heading for the kitchen.

"Sounds good!" He agreed with a smile and followed her to her tiny kitchen. He stood in the doorway watching her as she served up some potatoes, ribs and corn. She turned and retrieved the soda the delivery Kat had brought as well.

"Here you go!" She said handing his food to him.

"Hmm, looks great." He said turning around and going to the coffee table. She followed with some napkins and sat down beside him.

They ate companionably for several minutes before Felina brought up the subject she needed to discuss with him.

"I've gotten some more data on the crime wave over the past month. There is some interesting tidbits but none of it hangs together in any kind of pattern I can discern so I thought I'd bounce the info off you for a fresh angle." She said reaching for her soda and taking a large swallow.

"Hmm, well let me see what you've got so far." Razor said wiping his paws off and reaching for the file she held out to him.

For the next few minutes as she ate her meal, she watched the cinnamon tom read over the data carefully, a frown starting to form on his face. Finally, he set the file down on the table then finished his meal, his face had an introspective look on it. Felina suspected he was letting his mind work on the info so she didn't interrupt with small talk and finished her soda quietly.

"Well there is definitely a pattern. It almost appears someone is masterminding things in the background but I'm not certain who. If I had to make a guess, Dark Kat would get my vote except he's still in jail right now...or is he?" Razor asked glancing at Felina.

Frowning, she said, "Last I heard he was." Then she sighed, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check. Hang on a sec." She told him getting up and using her cell. She snapped at someone on the phone then hung up. "He's escaped again. Just once I wish we could make a prison that would hold that creep." She snarled unhappily returning to the couch.

"Yeah, you know we really should figure out how he made that Megaforce Bubble. It let's things in but not out. It might succeed in keeping him locked up longer than just a few weeks." Razor grunted in annoyance. "Well, I guess that firms up my guess that Dark Kat is planning something big." He sighed in resignation.

"Crud! We do not need this right now! We're waiting for a new line of jets to leave the production line but they won't be ready for at least another couple of months. We're stretched a little thin right now from high losses caused by all the increased crime wave." Felina said unhappily.

"And that is exactly part of Dark Kat' plan. Weaken the city's defenses and swoop in and take us down without breaking a sweat." Razor growled. "There has to be a way to prevent him from winning. Let me think about this for a little bit. I know we probably don't have much time though by all this evidence I can estimate that he won't make a move for at least another month. I want to get with Professor Hackle. Maybe the two of us can come up with something." Razor said thoughtfully, his mind already working on the problem.

"Sounds like a plan. If I hear anything more, I'll be sure to forward it on to the Professor so no one will know we're on to them." Felina said grimly.

"That' a good idea. I'd better be going, Felina. I've got a lot of thinking to do." Razor said as he rose to leave.

"Alright. Thanks for coming over, Razor." Felina said softly as she walked him to the door. He paused before opening the door to lean closer to her and deposited a gentle kiss. Smiling warmly at him, she watched him walk down the hall to the stairwell and disappear within it.