RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Dimension One...

Sighing and wriggling his toes on the hassock, Ulysses took a precious moment to himself to rest his aching feet. He was only four months pregnant but he seemed to be retaining water so was suffering more from swollen ankles and feet especially after having to stand too much lately.

"Ah love, your poor feet." Chance said quietly. He'd just laid their daughter down for the night and in his paws he held a small jar. "Let me give you a massage. It should help and then to bed."

He smiled gratefully at his mate and picked up his hot milk and sipped it while the tabby sat down on the hassock. Opening the jar, Chance took a small amount of the herbal cream into his palm. Setting the jar down on the floor next to him, he sat back up and reached for one of Uly's feet. Gently he worked the cream into the sole then between the toes.

Ulysses groaned with pleasure and relief. "Ohh...Chance you do that soo well, love."

Chance smiled warmly and continued his ministrations. "Can't have the mother of my kits suffering, now can I?"

"It's just been so hectic lately. It makes no sense why the omegas and local criminal element are so stirred up." Feral said shaking his head.

"Yeah, I know. Jake and I were talking about that just today. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it either." Chance said grimly.

"No and it's driving Felina and I crazy. Do you think there might be some kind of lunar nonsense going on?" He asked only half joking.

Chance snorted, "I wouldn't be a bit surprised. This city is crazy under the best of times. Lay it to rest right now, love." He said quietly as he finished and closed the jar. "Come on let's go to bed, you really need your rest." He offered his arm to help pull his mate to his feet.

With a deep groan, Feral leaned heavily on his mate as the tabby helped him upstairs to their bedroom. A good night's sleep might help shake the cobwebs out of his thoughts and maybe provide a solution.

Gently, Chance helped his mate undress, aided him to the bathroom then tucked him into bed. He spent the next ten minutes taking care of his own bed time rituals then climbed into bed and slid over to press against his mate who had already succumbed to sleep. He kissed Uly's neck, slid an arm around his mate's waist and drifted to sleep to the sound of his love's heartbeat.

Dimension Two...

His attempts to court Jaren were failing only because the silver tom had turned the tables and was doing the pursing instead. He thought he should be angry at the presumption but realized he rather liked it. After being in command for most of his adult life, it felt freeing to allow someone else to take over.

Jaren took active charge of their outings, choosing the most romantic and fun. These were things that Feral had never taken time to indulge in. So far they had been to the opera, the zoo, Japanese Gardens, the museum, boating, and even a gay club where neither one were recognized and had a great time dancing.

During this time, they got more reacquainted with conversations over intimate dinners to fill in the gaps of the past. At the end of the second month the subject of Feral's life changing incident was hesitantly brought up by Jaren at the Megakat Yaght Club after an enjoyable day out on the water. Jaren had a private corner where he liked to take special people. It had a grand view of the bay and had no tables close to it.

Dinner was over and they were lingering over dessert and an excellent wine. Jaren eyed his tablemate, quietly gauging if this was a good time to bring up the sensitive subject. It teased him constantly. He really wanted to know what had happened to cause such a dramatic change in Ulysses' outlook on life.

"Ulysses? I've been curious..." He began hesitantly.

"Hmm?" Feral murmured questioningly.

"Well, it's about that certain event that changed your life. Are you able to tell me about it?" Jaren asked softly.

Feral was startled and sat back in his seat to stare at his boyfriend. He thought about it a moment. It wasn't really classified but it hadn't been released to the public since it only affected a tiny handful of Kats and because it was soo fantastic that no one would really believe it anyway.

Making up his mind he leaned closer to Jaren. "Well it was one of those omega disasters. Dark Kat had a plan to shut off the power to the whole city causing chaos. He and Hard Drive set up some kind of machine that used a nuclear isotope to run it. When we got the jump on them the machine went haywire. Everyone had made it through the door and I was just two steps out of it when the machine blew. The energy from it spewed out and swept through me. Except for an odd sensation of being turned inside out nothing else seemed wrong with me that is until..." Feral gave Jaren a thumbnail account of his time in another dimension. Jaren's eyes were bugging and his mouth hung open by the time Feral finished.

Smiling tolerantly at his boyfriend's flabbergasted expression he poured them both some more wine and sat back waiting for Jaren to recover.

"Bbbut that's incredible, Ulysses!" Jaren finally blurted loud enough for other couples around them to turn and look at them curiously. Shakily, he grabbed his wine glass and downed the contents in one gulp while still gaping at Uly.

"I know, I lived it!" Feral said in amusement.

"Well, hell! No wonder you had an epiphany!" Jaren said more quietly sagging back in his seat. He went silent for a bit. "So I have another dimensions Ulysses Feral to thank for bringing you back to me?" He said thoughtfully.

"You could say that...yes. It made me realize just what I was missing in my life and how much I'd taken for granted. While I stood there in my double's warm kitchen and saw how his life was, I remembered you. The only person I had any feelings for soo long ago. This is my second chance at rectifying that mistake and I'm truly lucky you still wanted me." He said solemnly.

"There was no one else for me, Ulysses. I would have probably died single and alone. Stupid, I know, but I just didn't want anyone else." Jaren said seriously.

Feral blushed with pleasure and embarrassment at knowing this Kat had held a torch for him alone all these years. "Sorry to have made you wait so long, Jaren. I really feel like a fool." He murmured casting his eyes down.

Jaren leaned forward and used a finger to lift Ulysses' chin up so that he was forced to look into the handsome silver tom's deep blue eyes. "You're here now! The past doesn't matter, it's what we do with the present that concerns me now." He said forcefully.

Feral smiled shyly at that statement. Jaren smiled back and caressed Uly's chin before letting him go.

"Shall we go?" He asked warmly signaling the maitre'd for the check.

"Yes. Why not a walk on the wharf? That would be a nice ending to a fine meal." Uly suggested.

"Wonderful idea, Ulysses." Jaren agreed smiling.

They left the restaurant and walked down the long wharf strolling along paw in paw. Reaching the end where a rock jetty flung itself out for about ten feet into the bay, the water smashed against it and sea birds wheeled and screamed above them, they halted and stood close together letting the breeze off the water blow strongly into their faces.

The sun was disappearing into the bay setting the water aflame. It felt so right standing there pressed close that Jaren couldn't resist stealing a kiss. He pulled Ulysses face closer and nuzzled his face. Uly sighed and licked the silver furred cheek. Jaren flicked his tongue lightly across Uly's lips making the dark tom moan. Their mouths met in a warm kiss.

Uly felt heat spread from his mouth to his swollen sex. This was what he was missing. Uly found himself drowning in the scents that rose from Jaren's shirt, musk, a spicy cologne, shampoo, and soap blended to make a stew of erotic odors that stirred his loins hotly.

'Soo worth waiting for!' Jaren thought as he deepened the kiss. Uly's masculine and feminine scents mingled with the herbal soap he'd used making the silver tom's blood hot. He wished he had this incredibly hot he/she in his bed right now but they were still taking it slow. A kiss and making out was allowed but no more than that so it was with deep reluctance that Jaren ended the kiss.

Uly groaned with disappointment as Jaren withdrew. Jaren was pleased by that reaction. "Guess it's time to take you home." He said softly steering Uly back up the wharf.

Sighing, Ulysses nodded and went along willingly. 'Wow! He's a great kisser. Too bad we're taking things slow. I almost can't stand it and I'm so hot that sitting is going to be torture though I doubt Jaren is any better off.' He thought hiding a smirk.

Dimension One...

"Incoming!" Razor shouted as he fired a smoke missile at the incoming enemy mini jets causing them to bang into each other and fall.

"Crud! There are too many of the things. Where the heck did she get them?" T-Bone growled as he pulled the jet into a steep climb.

"They are some kind of new technology that's for sure!" Razor said distractedly. "T-Bone keep going up, doubt they were made for high altitudes."

"Right!" The tabby said and kept the jet going until the last mini jet stopped following them then he leveled off and went to VTOL. "Okay, buddy. Now what do we do?" T-Bone asked Razor.

"Give me a minute!" Razor muttered. He studied his long range sensors for several minutes. "Okay there are at sixteen of those minis jet left in the air. Turmoil's air ship is hovering over the bay at about two thousand feet and there are at least fifteen jets along the design of the ones the enforcer's use mixing it up with the twenty enforcer jets and thirty choppers right below us." Razor reported grimly.

"Damn!" T-Bone snarled slamming his fist on his control console. "We've got to do something!"

"Hmm, it's possible we could reduce the odds if we fire at the enemy from up here. Our missiles have the range the enforcers don't. For it to work though, we have to get them to group together." Razor mused. "Wait!...I've got it." He crowed and without explaining he switched frequencies.

"Lt. Feral switch to frequency 042!" He called Felina on the enforcer band.

"Switching!" She acknowledged. "Now, what do you want. I'm a little busy here!" Felina growled.

"Move out of the action and talk to me. I have a plan!" Razor told her urgently.

Annoyed but willing to listen, Felina moved her jet out of the main action, going to a higher altitude. "Alright spill it and hurry!" She told him while keeping a close eye on the battle.

"We are going to stay high above you. My missiles have the range to take out Turmoil's fighters. What I need you to do is get your enforcers to make the enemy cluster together so that we can take out more with only one or two missiles at a time this way we can clear the sky with fewer losses." Razor explained quickly.

"Good idea. Watch for your moment, Lt. Feral out!" Felina agreed briskly. She called her fleet on the enforcer band. "Lt Feral here! Listen up, choppers and jets switch to frequency 22 now." Felina ordered.

When the fleet called in on the new frequency, she quickly issued a few quick maneuvers to different groups of fighters. Soon enforcer choppers were forcing the mini jets to chase them into one area and the enforcer jets herded Turmoil's jets into another area.

"She's done it!" T-Bone cheered. "You got them targeted buddy?" He asked Razor.

"Almost...move the jet forty degrees west, T-Bone!" Razor ordered. "Perfect...hold us here. Matchhead missiles away!" He barked. Moments later the cluster of mini jets pursuing the enforcer choppers were destroyed. Without waiting to see if any were left Razor sent new orders to his friend.

"Alright, move twenty degrees east!" Razor ordered. "Halt!...A spray of plain old missiles away!" He shouted. Half the regular jets were destroyed. "Let the lieutenant finish the stragglers. We have to go after Turmoil." Razor told his partner. Without hesitation, T-Bone sent the Turbokat toward the huge air ship.

Meanwhile, Felina had her paws full taking out the survivors of Turmoil's attack fleet. It took only ten more minutes to finish them off. Looking around she spotted the Turbokat engaging the air ship.

"This is Lt. Feral, all enforcers attack formation mega four, target Turmoil's air ship. Engage!" She commanded her fleet.

"Turmoil, the SWAT Kats have taken out the forward guns and our sensor array!" Turmoil's second in command told a fuming Commander as she stood on her control deck and watched the battle.

Before she can reply to her second, another officer breathlessly ran up and brought more bad news. "Commander, our fleet is decimated and the enforcers have joined the SWAT Kats attacking our ship."

"We've lost, Turmoil. We must evacuate if we have any hope of escaping." Her second said anxiously.

"There is no point!" Turmoil snarled savagely. "The cursed SWAT Kats manage to capture any that try to escape or the enforcers take out the rest. The only hope we have is to use the experimental hyper ship. Get it ready!" She ordered. Her second hesitated.

"But Turmoil. It hasn't been tested. There's still the chance it could blow up with that new hyper drive." She said fearfully.

"It's the only way unless you want to spend time in a Megakat prison." Turmoil snapped. "I'll only take volunteers those that want to stay and be prisoners that is their choice." She ordered calmly and headed for the docking bay to the experimental ship.

The huge air ship was foundering when the crew that had decided to surrender began lowering it to the bay's surface. Before it began its descent, a small odd looking ship jetted away from the bottom of the air ship. It zipped away from the scene.

"Look! Someone's trying to escape!" Razor warned.

"I'm on it!" T-Bone said grimly sending the Turbokat in pursuit. Felina turned her jet to follow them.

The small ship was moving fast and as the Turbokat began to close the gap a blast of white energy shot out and slapped them catching Felina's jet as well and sending them spinning away. Turmoil's little ship sped out of sight while the defenders struggled to regain control of their jets.

"Crud!" T-Bone cried out as he fought the yoke trying to stop the spinning Turbokat. Their jet clipped the still out of control enforcer jet, knocking Felina out and sending her hurtling to the bay's surface. T-Bone got control a moment later and Razor quickly checked his sensors.

"T-Bone dive! Felina's heading for the drink and at that speed it will kill her!" Razor shouted in fear.

T-Bone gritted his teeth and sent the Turbokat into a sharp dive. Just as they reached the crippled jet, he leveled off and Razor shot a grappling net out to stop the jet's plunge.

"Felina...Felina...are you alright...Lieutenant answer!" Razor called anxiously.

A groan was heard over the comm then a pained voice spoke, "Thanks a lot guys. You hit my jet." Felina grumbled.

"Man, we're sorry. Turmoil sent us both spinning with that weird weapon. Are you okay?" T-Bone asked.

"My head's ringing a bit but I'm okay." Felina said.

"Okay, just relax and we'll get you back to Enforcer Headquarters." Razor told her, relieved she was alright.

"Alright. I'll just contact my fleet and see how everyone else is doing." Felina sighed in agreement. She found out the air ship was down and floating on the water. Rescue and arrest operations were in progress. Commander Feral had been notified. She thanked the on scene officer in charge. Gave him fresh orders and settled back as her jet was carried along.

By the time they reached Enforcer Headquarters, her head was throbbing. Her uncle was waiting for her when the SWAT Kats carefully lowered her crippled jet to the flight deck. Releasing the cable they moved to the side and landed. Hopping out they ran up to see how she was. Feral stood on the ground and waited for the rescue crew to help Felina get out of the cockpit.

She shook off any further aid and walked to her uncle. "Uncle, I'm sorry Turmoil got away." She said unhappily.

"I'm just glad you are okay, Felina. We'll get her next time. At least we've crippled her operation for awhile." He assured her wishing he could give her a hug but had to settle for patting her on the back.

"Well, we can thank Razor for that. It was he that came up with the plan to get the enemy fleet to close ranks so that his weaponry could take out more than half the attack force and later, to take out the air ship. Turmoil escaped in some kind of new mini air ship that was fast and had some kind of energy weapon that flung us around like toys." Felina reported.

"Really? Any ideas what kind of weapon it might be?" He asked frowning.

Razor just shook his head. "Never seen anything like it!"

"That's not something we want to be used on us the next time. If she's able to make it an effective weapon we might well be outgunned." Feral said worriedly.

"Yeah, I got the impression it was experimental. No telling whether that shot that sent us hurtling away wasn't a one shot thing. I hate the idea of having to wait to see it again. I'm going to have to do a little research. Maybe get with Professor Hackle and see what we can come up with to defend against it." Razor said seriously.

"Good idea! Keep me informed." Feral said glad Razor would study the problem. If anyone was able to discover a countermeasure, it would be him. He turned toward his niece, "Felina, you're relieved of duty. Get some rest and take some aspirin. I'll see you in the morning." He ordered.

"Yes Uncle." She sighed not arguing since her head was pounding and she hurt all over.

"Would be happy to give you a lift to your apartment, Lieutenant." Razor suddenly offered.

Raising her eyebrows in surprise, Felina said, "Uh, well if you want to!"

"It's no problem. Just figured you might be too sore to drive home. T-Bone can drop me and my cyclotron on the street. I'll wait for you there." Razor said quietly.

"Okay. See you in a few minutes." Felina said leaving with her uncle for the hangar entrance.

T-Bone walked with his partner back to the jet. "What's up buddy?"

Shrugging his shoulders, Razor said calmly, "I just thought she could use a lift home, T-Bone."

"Yeah, I'm sure she could but why didn't we just fly her there?" He hid a smirk as he jumped into the cockpit.

"We can't land near enough. I can take her to her front door. Anyway, you need to get the jet back and check for damage. I'll be there as soon as I can." Razor said nonchalantly.

"Yeah right!" T-Bone muttered in amusement. Razor pretended not to hear.

Minutes later, T-Bone was releasing the cyclotron and Razor was soaring down to the street. He landed hard and slowed down to pull up in front of Enforcer Headquarters. He garnered many a curious look from bystanders as he waited for Felina to come out.