RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


As Feral regained his strength, he remained at the SWAT Kats base for another week before Medi released him home. It was hard for him to leave Ethan but Zira was anxious for him to be home so with a heavy heart, he watched the island disappear from view as T-Bone flew him to their hidden home. Chance and Jake had given up the secret of their base to Feral because it made no sense any longer as often as the big tom would have to return there to feed his son.

But the beauty of his mate's hidden base held no interest to the depressed new mother.

"Aw, come on love, Ethan will be home soon, cheer up!" T-Bone said trying to cajole his mate to be a little more upbeat for their daughter's sake as he helped Uly out of the jet.

Feral smiled wanly at his mate knowing what he was trying to do but not really having a heart for it. "I'm trying love but it hurts to leave him there alone without me." He said achingly.

Sighing in sympathy, T-Bone embraced his mate for a little before they walked to their house. Keeping an arm around Uly's waist he coaxed him down the path. They had reached the gate when a shriek of joy reached their ears. Dashing out the back door toward them was their little kitten. As soon as Zira was close enough she leaped into her mother's waiting arms.

"Mommy...mommy...you're home!" She shouted gleefully as she rubbed her face against her mother's cheek.

"Aw, Mommy missed you...how's my beautiful little star?" Ulysses cooed warmly, hugging his daughter close and licking her face.

"I okay now you are here!" She said enjoying her mother's attention.

The trio continued to walk up to the back door and stepped inside. Clara was there waiting patiently.

"Would you like some tea Master Feral?" It asked politely.

"Yes, thank you Clara. Please bring it to the living room?" Feral sighed as he made his way to the recliner, Chance had gotten him some months ago. His favorite blanket and pillow were still lying on it. T-Bone went around Uly and picked up the blanket and waited till his mate got settled before tossing it over his lower half.

"I'm going to change love, anything you need from upstairs?" T-Bone asked as he headed toward the hallway.

"No, I'm fine, thanks." Uly said as he gently shifted his daughter away from his incision. "Don't kick me in the belly, sweety. Mommy still has his owies there." Uly warned her.

"Ohh, sorry mommy I be careful," she said solemnly and moved her feet away from her mother's stomach area, settling into the big tom's side and arm instead.

"That's my thoughtful little kitten," Uly said proudly. "So tell me what you've been doing while I was away."

Smiling happily, Zira began to ramble on about all the things she'd done with Clara and Daddy. Clara arrived with her tea and Chance came back down to sit on the couch nearby with a warm smile on his face at the beautiful sight. He turned on the TV, sound low, to see if there was anything worthwhile to watch.

While Chance's family settled at home, Jake as Razor was hard at work with Professor Hackle. They had nearly completed all the altered weaponry and had tested the Mega Beam. It worked as hoped. They both prayed they would have enough time to finish their work before Dark Kat began his attack and stopped his game of cat and mouse.

Felina, was monitoring that problem at the same time they were feverishly finishing theirs. The reports were becoming more disturbing. Arrests had been made of intermediaries trafficking heavy weaponry to someone but they couldn't fine the buyer or the actual sellers. The go betweens were constantly being replaced.

Felina's team were becoming progressively more frustrated as they failed to stem the tide of weapons. She knew Dark Kat was the recipient of the shipments. Razor had had no doubts of it from all the clues she had provided him.

One week later, her uncle still on convalescence, Dark Kat finally struck.

It was a rainy day, the clouds had begun down pouring just an hour earlier making the streets slick and driving treacherous. Out of the dark skies came a slick new style of jet that Turmoil had escaped in months before only there were a small fleet of them heading for Enforcer Headquarters.

Feral's temporary second in command, Major Reystar ordered his severely outgunned squad out led by Felina to meet the threat. He really had no other choice since their new jets were still not finished at Pumadyne.

Felina's squad met the fast moving fleet head and took immediate losses. Lightning flashed luridly as jets fell from the sky.

Leaving his mate sleeping and not letting him know he was launching, T-Bone was off in seconds when he received the alarm from Ms. Briggs. He paused at Hackle's lab to pick up the new weapons the pair had been working on. Working frantically, T-Bone and Razor installed the new stuff then launched for the city.

By the time they made the scene, they were greeted by a terrible sight. Nearly all of Felina's squad had been decimated as well as the chopper squadron. The guns atop Enforcer Headquarters were firing at the fast moving jets with no success. The rain and lightning making things even more hazardous. The attackers had already caused significant damage to the flight line and a good portion of the building. The tower had managed to stay intact though its glass had been shot out and rain was pouring in making the flight controllers jobs even more difficult.

Snarling angrily, T-Bone got them into position and Razor began to carve a path with his new weaponry. One of his first effective weapons was a type of missile that would attach itself to the attackers jet skin then eject a highly fast acting acid. Within minutes of contact, the acid would spread and laid the jet bare destroying wires, internal mechanisms, etc. crippling the jet and sending it to the ground.

Another missile was sort of like his scrambler one's only boosted to include extreme high decibels that would shake a jet to pieces.

As they were successfully decimating the attackers, another form of enemy appeared. Looking similar to Viper's acid spitting plantimals these things could spit a combination of acid and napalm-like flames. The things created panic on the streets, destroying the enforcers ground forces. Luckily, Razor had a missile that fired a cold blanket, sort of like liquid hydrogen, unfortunately, he had to corral the beasties so that he could do the most damage in one shot.

"Lt. Feral, Razor calling" He shouted over the enforcer frequency.

"What! Speak fast!" Felina barked back as she swerved her jet out of harms way.

"Listen! I can take out the fire bombing plants. Do what we did when we went after Turmoil's mini-jets...same stunt!" He ordered.

"Roger, same plan...be ready!" Felina acknowledged. Calling the few jets she had left and giving them quick instructions, they rapidly rounded up the plantimals in a tight group. Razor wasted no time firing his missile in the heart of the flying plantimals, freezing them solid. They shattered when they hit the ground.

That taken care of they went back to look for more enemies. That's when Dark Kat made his appearance in his slicker looking Black Widow. It's force fields were very effective bouncing off the SWAT Kats missiles and the enforcer's lasers. Expecting this, Razor brought up his specially designed mega beam he and Professor Hackle had developed. It didn't have to be plugged in to a power source because it had its own tiny nuclear pack fueling it.

"Let's coax him away from the Enforcer building and to that empty field just a mile away, T-Bone," Razor shouted at his partner through their radios.

"If he'll follow us!" T-Bone said dubiously as he began a teasing dance in front of the Black Widow. At first, the omega only wanted to fire on the helpless and damaged Enforcer building but Razor managed to shake Dark Kats ship with a few of his modified missiles, even if they couldn't penetrate its shields. That angered the omega and he made for them like Razor hoped.

Trying not to make it too obvious that they were leading him somewhere, T-Bone finally drew the Black Widow over the empty field.

"Turn around and face him, buddy!" Razor barked setting up his weapon and readying it to fire.

"Roger!" T-Bone gritted through clenched teeth as the Turbokat took a shot to one of it wings, shaking the jet hard. He got it turned around until they were facing the rapidly on-coming enemy ship. When it seemed Razor was going to let it plow into them he fired the modified mega beam

dead on. It worked like a charm, stopping Dark Kat's jet dead in the sky enveloping it in the beam.

Grinning like a demon, Razor crowed in triumph. "Bingo! Okay T-Bone bring us down slowly."

"Way to go Razor!" T-Bone said happily as he did as instructed.

Soon the Turbokat and the Black Widow landed in the field with enforcers quickly circling them. As soon as the enforcers were ready, Razor readied another weapon. He released the mega beam then fired a modified scrambler beam to destroy the ship's force fields and knock all the occupants out cold.

The enforcers entered the ship and took Dark Kat and his prisoners which included Dr. Viper into custody. All in all a very good end at last to the siege of Megakat City.

Razor and T-Bone hopped out of their jet and watched as the prisoners were carted away. Felina walked up to them with a relieved smile on her tired face. The rain had finally stopped.

"Thanks guys and thank Professor Hackle too. All your hard work paid off!" She complimented them.

"Thanks, you did a great job too, Lieutenant!" Razor said shyly.

She smiled warmly at him then turned to T-Bone, "How is my uncle doing? Did he know of the attack?"

"He was sleeping when the call came in and Zira was napping as well. I left as quick and quiet as I could so hopefully...no... he isn't aware of what just went down. He's on the mend but a little depressed because of Ethan staying at the medical room until he's larger." T-Bone told her quietly so no one would overhear them.

"Ohh...poor Uncle Ulysses. I know it must be hard to leave his kitten everyday. How is Ethan doing now? Gaining weight?" Felina asked gently.

"Oh yeah! He's gained two pounds already and doesn't need oxygen." T-Bone said proudly.

"That's terrific news. I should stop by and see Uncle Ulysses and Zira. I might do that this weekend." She said happily.

"He'll be happy to see you and you can bring him up to date on how much damage was done and how recovery is going before he tries to leave home to find out for himself." T-Bone said ruefully.

"Then I'll definitely be by sooner. I don't want him that upset once he hears about this on the news. I don't envy you when he finds out either." Felina said with a sigh, shaking her head.

T-Bone groaned, "Don't remind me. Want me to give you a lift, Razor or do you want to go home on a cyclotron?" He turned to ask his partner.

"I think I'll take the bike and head home, buddy." Razor answered.

"Would you be willing to share a victory dinner tonight when I get off work?" Felina asked the shy SWAT Kat.

Razor blushed furiously, swallowed hard and found his voice to answer nervously, "Uhh, well thanks, I'd like that."

Smiling widely, Felina said, "Great, about six o'clock, okay?"

Razor just nodded. Waving goodbye, she turned on her heel and headed for her jet to return to the mess at headquarters.

T-Bone chuckled and punched Razor lightly on the arm. "Way to go buddy! She really digs ya!" He said with a smirk.

Razor pulled away from his friend and rubbed his arm. "Yeah, looks like. Well let me get my bike so I can go home. I'll call the Professor and tell him our new weapons worked perfectly."

"Yeah, they sure did. That is the only thing that will make Uly happy. The rest..." He just shrugged his shoulders, used to dealing with his mate's temper.

"Better you than me!" Razor laughed as he got on his cyclotron and prepared to ride down the ramp. Waving bye to his partner, he put on his helmet and roared off toward his home as T-Bone raised the ramp and lifted the jet into the sky.