RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Another reality...dimension two...

He sighed as he got ready for work. Sometimes the loneliness snuck up on him as it did this morning. Only recently had he begun to wish he had someone in his life that cared for him. He was getting older and being celibate and alone had begun to grate on him but his career was demanding and he didn't see how he could find the time to meet someone.

Shaking himself angrily, he shoved the unwanted feelings aside as he'd done many times before and prepared for another trying day at work.

Hours later he was knee deep in a battle with Dark Kat and Hard Drive and those meddlesome SWAT Kats making his life even more difficult. When that damn device blew he felt the power rush through him then it was gone. He blinked in surprise but since he seemed okay, he shrugged it off and took stock of what was going on outside the plant.

Dimension one...

The SWAT Kats had captured the pair of omegas and were handing them over to his enforcers. Growling to himself, furious that the vigilantes had interfered with his job yet again, he was prepared to ream them out.

As he approached them, his officers had already moved off so there was no one around the pair of hot shots when he reached them. But before he could say anything, T-Bone looked at him with concern.

He moved closer to Feral and in a low voice said, "Hey love, are you alright? I saw the blast nearly get you?" He said worriedly.

Feral blinked in surprise. 'Love?...Why would T-Bone call him by that endearment and look at him that way?" He thought in shock.

"Uh, no it didn't seem to do anything to me..." He said uneasily.

"We can't take any chances. Tell your troops what they need to do and then sneak over to the jet. I want you checked over by Medi." T-Bone said to him in a tone that brooked no argument then he and Razor turned and headed for the Turbokat.

Gaping after him, Feral felt confused. The SWAT Kat acted as if there was nothing unusual about his request. His confusion multiplied when a female enforcer came up to him, "Uncle, are you okay? It looked like the blast had hit you?" She asked in concern.

Now he was really shocked and fear was starting to crawl up his back. 'Who was this female and why had she called him, Uncle.' Swallowing nervously he pretended nothing was wrong until he could find out what was going on. "Uh, no I'm fine. Let's get that pair off to Enforcer Headquarters and get this mess cleaned up." He ordered in his normal abrupt manner. She looked at him carefully but nodded and went to carry out his orders.

When everything was going as it should, he started to leave but the female approached him again.

"Uncle, you want me to take you back to headquarters?" She asked.

"No, I'll go back with one of the ground crew. Finish up here and make sure I get the report on this mess before day's end." He told her. She saluted and returned to the power plant.

Sighing in relief, Feral looked around and tried to decide what to do next when he saw the bigger of the two SWAT Kats wave at him to get over to the jet. He stood there uncertain for a moment but then decided perhaps he would find his answers with them. He had a moment when he thought he should ask the female enforcer but then decided against it. He didn't want the enforcers to think there was something wrong with their Commander while the SWAT Kats might be a better and more controlled source of information.

Looking around to make sure no one was watching him, he approached the Turbokat with a little trepidation. T-Bone hopped out of the cockpit and walked him around to the rear of the jet. Taking him inside he led Feral to a jump seat, secured him then began to put a blindfold on him. He stared at the kat in surprise but didn't refuse. T-Bone narrowed his eyes at his mate's behavior toward the blindfold. He felt uneasy. Something was really wrong. He hurriedly climbed back up to the cockpit and closed the ramp.

On his private link, T-Bone spoke to his partner as he lifted the jet into the sky and headed to their island base. "Razor, somethings really wrong with Uly. He looked at the blindfold in surprise and he didn't seem at ease with getting aboard the jet. I'm scared for him." He said tightly.

"We'll find out what's wrong buddy. Don't fret yet...just wait until Medi takes a look at him." Razor tried to ease his friend's fears.

They arrived at their base and T-Bone dropped down into the cargo hold. He decided to keep the blindfold on and led Uly out of the jet. He noticed right away that his mate moved uneasily as if he had never done this before.

Feral feels himself moving upward in what he's sure is an elevator. As soon as it stopped he felt T-Bone guide him forward. Moments later the blindfold is removed. The first thing he sees is an incredible looking medical room and standing nearby is a robot. He is asked to lay on the exam bed by the robot. Feral doesn't resist since it was becoming very obvious he wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Medi scans Feral and makes a disturbing discovery. "Master T-Bone this male has never had female sex and his uterus is completely normal sized for a kat who has never given birth. This is not your mate." It said in concern.

T-Bone and Razor immediately raise their glovetrix at the stranger. Feral sits up slowly not wanting to upset the SWAT Kats further. His mind is reeling. By what the robot inferred, this world's Feral had been pregnant and was mated to this T-Bone.

"What have you done with my mate?" T-Bone growled furiously his voice laced with fear.

Before Feral could respond, Medi intercedes. "A moment Master T-Bone, my instruments indicate this kat has been subjected to an enormous amount of temporal energy. It is quite possible he is from another dimension and was somehow switched with your mate."

Razor blinked, "Wait a minute, that explosion! Commander what do you remember when that blast hit you?" He demanded excitedly.

"I felt odd for a moment then I seemed to be fine. That's the best I can describe the feeling. Everything seemed normal afterwards at first until you looked at me strangely and that female officer came up to me and called me Uncle." Feral said uneasily. 'Kat's Alive! I'm in another dimension. How do I get home again?' He thought frantically staring at these SWAT Kats with new eyes.

"Crud! You mean the explosion caused by that device switched my Uly for this one!" T-Bone said in horror lowering his arm in shock and staring at this stranger with his beloved's face.

"Sure looks like it, T-Bone. God, I'm sorry. We have to figure out what Dark Kat and Hard Drive were up to, check the debris, and try to figure out how to duplicate it if we want to get your mate back." Razor said seriously, trying to keep his partner from despairing.

"Oh god, oh god...my mate...!" T-Bone moaned in anguish. "Zira is going to be soo upset when her mother doesn't come home. Oh shit! Uly's pregnant and alone in a world not his!" He cried out in even more fear and worry.

Razor went to his friend and hugged him, trying to comfort his distraught partner.

Feral, meanwhile, continued to sit on the exam table disturbed by the obvious anguish of T-Bone. His counterpart was pregnant. The information made him feel unaccountably upset. Here on this world he was married and had a kitten and was expecting another. This Feral had a fulfilling life while his was a barren one. He was shocked to feel a little jealous.

Swallowing hard, feeling truly sorry for this SWAT Kat, he murmured softly, "I am sorry to cause you so much pain. I will help anyway I can to get your mate back and me home again."

Razor looked at him over his partner's shoulder and nodded. Gently pushing his friend back a little so he could look at him, Razor said softly, "T-Bone we need to get Professor Hackle's help on this and Felina's."

T-Bone jerked in surprise, "But Razor, Felina doesn't know about us, remember?"

"Unfortunately, she will have to know now, buddy. We have to have access to the debris from the explosion and she can question Hard Drive for us. No way will Dark Kat answer any questions. But we have to do this quickly. The longer it takes the more difficult it may be to switch them. It might have a better chance to work while they both still have some of that temporal energy within them." Razor said urgently.

"Alright, you know best. Crud what a mess." T-Bone moaned hugging himself. He stared at the stranger with his lover's face.

"You'll have to stay with us. Nothing personal but we don't know you." T-Bone said tightly.

"Of course. I'd do the same in your place." Feral said quietly.

"Alright let's get going, there's no time to waste." Razor said.

T-Bone nodded and approached Feral again with a blindfold. Understanding the need for it now, Feral held still and let the SWAT Kat put it on. T-Bone put a paw on his arm and led him back the way they'd come. Soon they were in the Turbokat and heading for the power plant.

Razor got on the enforcer channel and contacted Felina, "Lt. Feral, this is Razor. Something serious has happened. Please meet us at the power plant immediately."

It took several minutes before the call was relayed to Felina but soon her voice floated out of their comm, "Be there in fifteen, Razor, Lt Feral out!"

In very little time, all parties met at the Megakat Nuclear Power Plant. It was already early evening and the mess had been completely cleared and only the swing shift were on duty.

Felina stepped from her chopper and walked over to the SWAT Kats jet. She was stunned when she saw her uncle walk out of the cargo hold.

"Uncle, what are you doing with the SWAT Kats?" She asked in bewilderment.

"This isn't your uncle, Lieutenant." Razor said grimly.

Felina gaped at him as if he'd lost his mind.

"He's correct miss. I'm not the Feral from your world. I do not have a niece in my dimension." Feral told the young female officer.

Now Felina was completely stunned. Her razor sharp mind, however, made the leap in logic. "The explosion! Something did happen!" She blurted looking at all of them in amazement.

"You were always real smart, Lieutenant." T-Bone said with a wane smile. "Yeah, you're right somehow a dimensional switch occurred."

"How did you learn of this? And why did you take this Commander with you in the first place?" Felina asked narrowing her eyes suspecting something more was going on.

"Like I said you're really smart and perceptive." T-Bone sighed unhappily. "You see, Felina your uncle is my mate. When I thought he might have been hurt by the explosion we took him to our hidden base where he could be examined by our medical robot. It was there we discovered this wasn't my mate."

"Mate! You're my uncle's mate?" Felina said in shocked surprise. She knew her uncle was mated but had never been able to find out who the male was, now she knew why her uncle had kept it a secret. "My god! This is such a surprise." She said shaking her head and trying to come to grips with this information.

"Yeah, well, Uly didn't want you to know. He felt it would cause you too much trouble if you knew. However, this situation calls for you to know what's going on to help us get this Feral returned to his home and get my Uly back." T-Bone said grimly. "What's worse is Uly is eight weeks pregnant."

"Oh no!" Felina moaned in anguish. Now very worried about her poor Uncle.

"Okay! Now that everyone is in the know here, we've got to hustle if we're to be successful in switching them back." Razor said urgently getting everyone's attention.

"Right! What do you need from me?" Felina said getting a hold of herself and concentrating on the problem at hand.

Razor spent the next few minutes explaining what was needed and what they all had to do. Felina agreed quickly and took them to where the debris had been stored. They poured over it getting all they could from it. While the SWAT Kats went over the debris, Felina and Feral went to interview Hard Drive. When Feral had suggested he help Felina, T-Bone was concerned.

"You don't belong here. What if you do something that will make someone suspicious of you?" He asked.

"I'm still the Chief Enforcer. As far as I've seen nothing has really changed except for a few people being different. Everything else is the same. I just behave gruffly, not invite conversation, stay near the Lieutenant and no one should be the wiser. I feel strongly that I may be able to get that techno weasel to spill to me faster. I'm more intimidating. Remember, I want to get home as much as you want to get your mate back and I need to be doing something to make that happen." Feral argued persuasively.

"Yeah, guess I can certainly understand that. Okay you go on, just be careful and return here to us. We'll go to Professor Hackle's together." T-Bone said reluctantly agreeing that Feral was right.

"Okay! We'll be back as quick as we can." Felina said as she headed for her chopper with Feral in tow.