RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Callie arrived in Feral's office in less than ten minutes. She was anxious to know what went on between the Commander and Shakil Kamau.

She strode in a little breathless, breezing past the secretary giving her no chance to speak and into the Feral's inner sanctum. She was relieved to see that he appeared composed and not angst ridden. She turned and locked the door behind her then walked up to his desk.

"Made quick time Ms. Briggs." Feral said laconically before smiling warmly and gesturing her toward the conversation center near a wall. She eyed him curiously as she took a seat. He took one across from her and dropped a file onto the table.

"You look great considering the tiger is in town." She stated bluntly.

"Yes, I know. Most of it is because of a little honest confession about his behavior. Some of what he told me matched our investigation into his family and the Kamau Clan. He's just as much a victim as I, if not more so. Though he doesn't deny forcing me to have sex with him he also honestly believed he was saving me and from this report I've just gotten from my little spy network he had a right to feel that way." Feral explained.

"How could anything you found out compare to being raped?" Callie asked in shocked annoyance.

"When it really was done to protect me. According to that file, there is a ridiculously high bounty for me by various wealthy foreigners that want me as their brood mare and slave. The slavers have been trying for weeks to penetrate the ring of protection Shakil and I have made around this city to prevent them from abducting me. I don't think Shakil is aware that I know about his paid protectors just I'm certain he doesn't know about mine. Makes the security even better and prevents any traitors collecting on the bounty." Feral smiled grimly.

Callie sat back in her chair and stared at Ulysses in horror. "All those males want you that badly?" She whispered in amazement.

"Yeah! Sorta strange to me too." Feral conceded.

"Alright, so he was justified. When did he get into town?" She asked changing the subject a little.

"Apparently last night. He was waiting for me in my apartment. I was shaken to see him there and just froze. That's when he offered his explanation and pleaded with me to accept our mutual situation because we are both trapped within it. Having already learned why he did it and now seeing just how anguished and guilty he felt about it made it easier for me to relax in his presence. After that understanding occurred between us then things just sort of happened on their own." Feral said softly his face burning a little with embarrassment.

"Meaning you and he had sex and it was okay!" Callie said with a little smirk at Ulysses' look of discomfort.

"Meaning just that. Seriously it was wonderful and non-threatening. Shakil did everything he could to be gentle and allow me to take things as far as I was willing and no further. We may make it after all, only time will tell but I feel at peace with it now." Feral said quietly.

"Then I'm glad for you and it relieves my mind a lot to know you won't be falling off a cliff emotionally from now on about this anyway." She said in relief then she frowned, "But what about the threat to your safety?"

"Yeah, I know, beyond what Shakil and I are doing there is nothing else we can do since none of them has broken Megakat law as yet. The only way to get them off my tail is to get pregnant." He said noting Callie's raised eyebrows of surprise. "Yes, you heard right. When I'm pregnant with Shakil's kit the clan will step in and clear away the hunters just by showing solidarity for the newest clan member but until then they'll do nothing." Feral sighed in disgust.

"Seems stupid to me. It would make more sense to protect the prospective mother than risk him being taken." Callie snorted at the clan's seeming idiocy though she thought there had to be something more to there refusal. She was correct.

"It does to me too until Shakil explained. It seems he must prove that he is cunning and strong enough to protect his own chosen mate. It's sort of a rite of passage for the males of the clan. It's harsher for Shakil since his chosen mate is a male hermaphrodite, something just not acceptable to the clan in the first place. I've heard that they give a little bit of protection to new relationships but in our case all paws are off." Feral said shrugging his shoulders at the strange customs of other lands.

"Then I guess you guys will have to be on your toes at all times to ensure you aren't snatched. I don't like that a bit but there is nothing I can do either to change it." Callie said unhappily.

"I know and thank you for wanting to try. This situation keeps me on constant alert. I try to keep a watch for trouble but I'm not always successful as Shakil getting into town and into my apartment clearly shows. But I refuse to hide myself away. I'll just have to take my chances just I do taking care of this city." Feral said firmly.

"Good! I'm glad you have that attitude, it will be your saving grace in the time to come. By the way, please excuse the personal question but I think it best that I know. Do you have a regular heat cycle like a normal female?" She asked seriously.

Feral blushed and shifted in his seat uncomfortably, "Ahh...well no. I have a heat cycle but it's not strong enough for me to even notice and it lasts only about 24 hours, once a month."

"Hmm, but you weren't sexually active male to female until now. That can alter it. It may take some time, months probably, to do that though." She sighed shaking her head. Feral's problem would not be solved quickly.

"I didn't realize that. How would I know if it changed?" He asked unfamiliar with this part of his body.

She smiled faintly and explained, "Well, Ulysses, it varies from female to female. In some its so distracting and intense they have to use pills to mute it or simply stay home for the worst of it while others are only mildly affected most of the time and have an occasional intense bout."

"But what does it feel like?" Ulysses asked, really squeamish about this conversation but needing to know.

"I wish I could tell you but again its different for every female. The best description I can give you that I've felt and others have told me, it's an intense need for sex and your fingers and tools just won't do. You're really hot and uncomfortable. You can't stand to have clothes on and you're desperate to be touch and used. It can be pretty overwhelming for a first timer." She warned him quietly.

Feral grimaced as an unwanted image came to mind, "You mean just like a wild cat in heat." He said in disgust.

"Unfortunately, that's a pretty good comparison." Callie said just barely keeping the amused smirk off her face at Feral's horrified look. "Sorry, I hope your first time won't be that bad." She told him but privately she was afraid it might be worse since he was only half female and the other half horny male. What a horrible combination. "Well since you seem to be okay, I better get back to my office. Thanks for letting me know about a Kamau being in town and the slavers." Callie said getting to her feet. Ulysses walked her to the door.

"Thank you for being there for me Callie and thanks for the information." Feral said quietly.

"You're welcome." She said warmly and left.