RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Next morning...

Feral woke up sore and humiliated. He couldn't believe how he'd acted at the party last night and if it hadn't been for Khan it would have ended in disaster. It had been so out of character for him and those males...he shuddered at the memory. Shoving the bedding off, he quickly escaped for the bathroom before Khan could snatch him back. He was showering and staring hard at the wall trying to forget when Khan quietly slipped in behind him.

"My love, you are troubled this morning?" Khan murmured softly as he took up a washcloth and soaped it.

"I've never been so humiliated before and the times with the SWAT Kats don't count." Feral snapped. "No one has ever questioned my behavior in a private setting and now I've done something so embarrassing I'm sure tongues are wagging in glee." He moaned keeping his face to the wall.

"Oh, Ulysses! No one is talking about you. Those three opportunists wouldn't dare say anything about the incident or risk my ire and no one else saw the event at all. I checked when I returned to the party last night. Stop stressing yourself about it and put it out of your mind." Khan soothed as he began to wash his mate's back.

Feral sighed and arched his back in pleasure at Khan's expert touch. "Well, that's a relief!" He turned toward his mate who continued to wash Feral tenderly trying to ease him past his distress. "However, now the odds that I'm pregnant have increased. When you first took me, my heat cycle was very mild and most likely why I never conceived. I don't think that's true this time." Feral grunted unhappily.

"Well, I know you aren't very pleased about that, my love, but I'd be lying if I said I was as well." Khan purred, his pleasure at the possibility of being a father beaming from face.

"Oh yeah! I know you are just dancing for joy!" Feral said bitterly.

Khan pulled his mate close and kissed him deeply. Releasing him he gently rubbed his face against his beloved. "Cheer up, Uly. It's not the end of the world. Besides it was a glorious night. You were magnificent and soo very hot." He rumbled warmly. His mate sighed in resignation allowing the tiger to sweep him away in a quick bout of sex.

Now dressed and ready for work, Feral put the events of the evening behind him. Khan was returning to Cape Suzette that morning so he went with him to the airport to say farewell. A final kiss and the tiger disappeared into his private jet. Feral sighed then made his way to Enforcer Headquarters and the pile of reports awaiting his attention.

Two Weeks later...

Some miles out over the ocean, not far from the hidden city of Cape Suzette, a pirate fleet swooped down from the clouds to the heavily laden cargo plane. Just as the pirates were about to strike their target, a fleet of jets suddenly appeared firing a weapon that flared red and sheared the wings off two of the pirate planes.

Shocked, Don Karnage screamed, "Retreat! Back to base! Move your behinds!" He reversed direction and escaped up into the clouds to avoid Khan's fighter jets. Fuming he arrived back at his hidden base. Taking stock, he discovered four of his CT-37's had been lost.

Karnage grabbed Ratchet, his inventor, by the shirt and demanded, "What was that weapon thingie?"

"Ah...sir...I think it was a laser cannon. I heard about them being used in Megakat City." He stuttered fearfully and with awe. He hadn't realized the weapon had been brought here.

"And why have I not heard about this? Where is this 'Megakat City'?" Dropping his minion and spreading his arms out to encompass all his pirates.

"Uh sir? I heard it's a huge city located west of here." A pirate volunteered.

The Captain eyed the villain narrowly, "How far is this city place?"

"Umm, about two to three days by boat and maybe eight hours by plane." The same pirate answered

"Why haven't we heard about this laser thingie before and how did it get here?" Karnage asked curiously.

Ratchet ventured, "Well, nobodies ever traded with Megakat City before, Captain. I guess someone, maybe Khan, met them or they came here." He shrugged uncertainly.

"Hmm, I think we need to investigate this weapon. For now, we cannot plunder with this thingie ruling the skies. Perhaps we need to get one for ourselves I'm thinking." Karnage mused. "Alright, listen up you pathetic minions! I want everyone of you to keep your ears to the floor for information on this Megakat City, the weapon, and most importantcally, how Khan came to have them on his jets."

Next day, Khan Industries...

Lex Sheridan was giving his boss a report, "The laser cannon worked perfectly, sir. Yesterday's attack on a cargo plane was thwarted with four pirates downed and no casualties on our side."

"Excellent. Our new trade agreement with Megakat City has finally allowed us to stop those infernal pirates from plundering our skies. All thanks to my mate's upgrading our security and defense systems." Khan smiled pleased with their new protection.

"Yes sir, it was truly a lucky day for you when Commander Feral appeared in our city." Sheridan said brightly.

"Yes, It was indeed a fortunate twist of fate. I will inform my mate of the success of his security measures when I see him at the end of the week. I truly hate these long separations." Khan sighed, a little sad.

"Construction of your new offices is running ahead of schedule, sir. You should be able to stay in Megakat City for longer periods very soon, though your employees will miss having your presence here." Sheridan tried to soothe his boss.

"To be sure, but I trust you to be able to keep them happy and manage this headquarters with your usual capable paws." Khan said positively.

"I appreciate the confidence you have in me, sir." Sheridan said humbly.

Nodding in acknowledgment, Khan returned to the various projects awaiting his attention.

Some weeks later... Pirate Island...

Sitting in his office, Karnage was studying a new map he'd recently acquired. His first and second mates were hovering nearby.

"Soo this is where Megakat City is, eh? Hmm...What kind of protections do they have?" He asked the room at large.

"From some of the reports we've gotten, Captain, we've found out they have powerful fighter squadrons, navy, combat troops, and copters. All are armed with various types of munitions and especially lasers. Also there is apparently a pair of vigilante pilots in a souped up jet that fight for the good side as well." Will, his second mate, said grimly.

"This city seems to be under attack all the time by these mega criminal types which keep the defenders always on alert. Not a good place to try and sneak up on, sir." Will added gloomily.

Grimacing unhappily, Karnage asked, "Not a place for pirates like us, yes-no? So have we any information on how Khan got his weapons?"

Moving to the Captain's side, Gibber, his first mate, muttered into his ear.

"Khan is mated? Just what has that to do with weapons? Why should I care if he has got a prancing pigeon" He glared at his first mate. Gibber muttered again. "He has mated a what? Es stupido!" Whacking his first mate angrily. Ducking his Captain's ire, Gibber looked at Will for help.

"Captain, what he's trying to say is, Khan has mated a male from Megakat City. Something to do with a prophecy in Khan's family." Will said quickly. "This male is apparently a very important person to Khan and to Megakat City."

"Important you say, well..." Don Karnage anger disappeared replaced by a look of cunning. His men watched him anxiously. "Soo, if we were to, how do you say, kidnap the tiger's mate perhaps we can ransom him for enough loot to purchase some of these new weapons ourselves. What do you say? Am I not the smartest pirate around?" He grinned wickedly. His men wisely nodded their heads in agreement.

Standing suddenly, Karnage began to pace back and forth, his mind working furiously. "So we need a plan on how to catch us this male while not getting caught by over abundances of defenders, eh? This will take careful planning. Off with your insignificant selves! I need some thinking time." Karnage waved his crewman off. They quickly left him alone to his plotting.

Not long after, the pirate's pride, The Iron Vulture took to the air early one morning heading for Megakat City. Darkness was falling as the Iron Vulture landed gracefully on international waters a hundred miles out from the great city's legal borders that were patrolled by its navy. Under cover of darkness, the Captain launched their small submarine toward Megakat City to check the defenses and the lay of the land.

Using the many pleasure boats parked along the harbor to one side they surfaced and motored close to a very large yacht and hid their sub in its shadow. They were nearly invisible in the darkness.

Once gathered on the dock, Karnage gave them their orders, "You know what to do, be back here an hour before dawn." They nodded and left silently and stealthily for the seedier areas around the wharf. Wearing old jeans and a T-shirt that one of his men had obtained for this venture, Karnage headed for a taxi stand. He wanted to find Enforcer Headquarters to get a better idea of his quarry's habits. As the taxi made for his destination, Karnage was awed by the sights and sounds of this large metropolis. It was by far more technologically advanced than Cape Suzette and far too busy. He had to admit one could get lost here and not be noticed. It was a thought for possible new avenues of plunder, though it would have to be well worth it to risk the higher security risk. Shrugging dismissively on that thought, he refocused his attention on his goal.

The taxi drew up to formidable building. He paid the driver and cautiously looked around. There wasn't that much activity since it was evening. He found a favorable watching post, a small coffee house that had windows looking out at the entrance of the Enforcer Building. Taking a seat near the windows with the day's paper and a cup of coffee, Karnage settled in for a long watch. The paper gave him some clue to the workings of this city and to his luck, a picture of his target. No wimpy politician was this powerful looking Kat. He was not going to be a piece of cake snatch. This would take careful planning.

For the next week, Karnage and his men went out to gather information and the Captain took up his watcher post in the coffee house until he was fairly comfortable with the Chief Enforcer's schedule. He learned the Commander had a habit of taking solitary night flights in his personal chopper. Perfect. He now knew how best to capture this formidable creature. The next flight the Commander made would be his last. Smirking with anticipation, Karnage abandoned his post for the night and returned to the Iron Vulture. His plans laid, now the waiting began. It was four days later when their chance came. Feral was over the bay heading inland toward Enforcer Headquarters at ten that evening. He was tired, and it had been a long day.

Suddenly from all sides, a fleet of small, odd planes swooped down on him and began firing at his propeller and tail rotor. Trying to avoid them and return fire, Feral put the chopper into rapid evasive maneuvers but the pirates clung to his tail and avoided his laser fire. He tried to Mayday for help but the attackers had already severed his antenna dish. He made a run for it, climbing to the cloud cover to try to escape. That was all Karnage was waiting for. As they harried their prey toward the now revealed Iron Vultures open beak, it was way too late for Feral to avoid flying into the maw of the huge flying fortress and his pursuers were blocking the only exit. A loud speaker told him to land or be shot down.

As soon as they all landed around the helpless chopper, Karnage ordered the Iron Vulture to leave Megakat City airspace quickly and head for home. Taking his time, he walked up to the Enforcer chopper. Drawing his sword, his men holding weapons of all types they moved closer and looked at the fuming Commander watching them from his seat.

"No point in staying in there big kittie, come out and face me." He smiled evilly at his hostage. Growling angrily, Feral climbed out and was immediately set upon by the pirates. Yowling with fury, Feral extended his claws and lit into the bodies trying to overwhelm him. In the process he was disarmed and pummeled to the ground but not without taking out quite a few opponents. Yanked to his feet, the now disheveled and still fuming Commander, snarled angrily into the pirate captain's face.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?"

Don Karnage shoved his sword under Feral's chin forcing his head up and said pleasantly, "I am Don Karnage, the prince of air pirates and you are my prisoner and what I want with you is your mate's deep pockets when he gets the ransom I am asking for you." Karnage smirked pleased with his success.

Feral's eyes widened in shocked, "Ransom? For me?"

"Oh yes. I have heard just how important your furry hide is worth to Khan. I know he will do anything to get you back, yes-no?" Karnage laughed. "Put him in a cell, but treat him gently. He is much too important to be damaged." A stunned Feral was quickly hustled away.

Putting his sword away, Karnage headed for his quarters very pleased with the evenings success and anxious to put the rest of his plans in motion.

Feral was quick marched through the huge ship and down to the brig. He was shoved in a dark cell and locked in before he could get his bearings. Shivering, he sat down on the hard bed and looked around. There was no escape. He wondered how anyone was going to find him now. He knew Khan would be frantic with worry especially since learning of his mate's new condition. Felina will be worried as well once she learned he was missing but wouldn't know he'd been kidnaped much less that he was no longer in Megakat City. He put his face in his paws and prayed someone would find him soon.