RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


As soon as Baloo had shut down the engines, Feral had leapt for the door, yanked it open and barely stepped outside before he dropped to his knees and threw up into the water.

Having heard the Sea Duck land, Becky and her daughter, Molly, were walking down to meet them followed by Wildcat.

"Eww, Mommy why is that big Kat throwing up?" Molly scrunched her face up in disgust.

"Oh poor Commander Feral," Becky ignored her daughter and felt sorry for the miserable Kat.

Khan had rushed out after Feral in concern and knelt beside his ill mate, "Oh, Ulysses, I'm sorry love."

"Ahh, the momma-to-be has a sick tummy." Wildcat exclaimed.

Baloo and Kit both climbed out confused at the rush to be outside. "Hey, why did you rush out so fast..." then saw the Commander and Khan kneeling down and realized what was wrong, "...oh...uh...sorry about the rough ride, Commander." He offered, embarrassed for Feral.

"Oh, gross, the ride wasn't that bad!" Kit snorted in disgust.

"Well you aren't pregnant, Little Britches. Nausea goes with the condition." Baloo admonished his copilot.

"Ugh, TMI Baloo" Kit said.

"Huh?" Baloo looked blank.

"Too much information, Papa Bear." Kit smirked.

"Mama, why did Baloo say that Kat is pregnant. I thought you tol' me males can't have babies?" Molly asked confused.

Blushing in embarrassment, Becky tried to hush Molly up, "Uh, there is an exception, honey. I'll explain later."

Ignoring the conversations around him, Khan gave Feral a handkerchief and helped him get to his feet.

"Ulysses let me get you home to bed. You need to rest and have a doctor take a look at you." Khan said in concern.

A still green Feral protested, hoarsely, "Umm, honestly Shere, I don't think I could handle another moving vehicle just yet."

"Of course, he can't. I've got just the thing to settle his stomach. Bring him up to the office and have him sit down for a bit." Becky ordered and lead the way back up to her office pulling Molly along with her. The rest looked at each other, shrugged and followed. As they made their way up the dock, they heard powerful motors approaching. They halted to see what could be coming and were pleased to see the SWAT Kats on their cyclotrons arriving. Parking their bikes and turning off the motors, the SWAT Kats removed their helmets and came down to meet them.

"Well I see your mission was as successful as ours. Great work! Good to see you again Feral." Smirked T-Bone. As they got closer, T-Bone realized Feral didn't look so good. "Woah, Commander you look a little green. Nausea got you by the tail?"

Moaning Feral looked like he wanted to hurl again. "If you don't mind, SWAT Kat, let's not mention how I look and can I please sit down soon?" He pleaded to his mate.

"Of course, forgive me love. Here let me help you!" Khan said contritely as he wrapped an arm around his mate's waist and helped him get to the office and into a seat. Becky had already heated some water and was making a special tea for the Commander.

"Here Commander Feral. This ginger tea will help settle that nasty stomach." Becky soothed as she pushed the mug into Feral's paw. Sighing, Feral took a small sip of tea and was immediately relieved when it stayed down. He slowly drank the warm brew as he listened to everyone tell their parts of the rescue and defeat of the pirates. It helped to fill him in on what had happened while he had been imprisoned. He didn't have much to say himself, since all he did was sit in a drafty cell and suffer nausea every day. He was hungry but afraid to eat anything. Sighing he continued to listen and drink his tea.

"So Karnage is now behind bars with the rest of the pirates that had survived and the Iron Vulture is at the bottom of the ocean." T-Bone said finishing their part of the tale, pleased with their success.

"Wow. That's great news! Finally we can make our deliveries without worrying about air pirates. Wished we could have had you take care of them a long time ago." Kit said pleased.

"Now that things are back to normal, do you think we could get a ride in that nifty plane of yours?" Baloo asked eagerly.

Laughing, T-Bone said, "Of course Baloo. I did promise. You want to go now or wait till later?"

"Now of course! Don't you guys have to get home soon?" Baloo asked.

"Yeah, you're right. We've been gone long enough and should get back today, once we've refilled, that is." Razor nodded.

"You may ask the airport manager to get you a refuel truck. Merely tell them I ordered it. I truly appreciate all you've done to help me get my mate back safe and sound and a little fuel is a small price to pay. Thank you both." Khan said gratefully.

"Hey, you're very welcome and thanks for the fuel. Well Lt, Commander want to leave in about two hours?" T-Bone asked the two enforcers.

"Sure no problem. I'll be ready." Felina agreed. "I'll meet you back here in two hours."

Jumping in before Feral could answer Khan put his foot down. "Ulysses needs to be seen by a doctor and to rest. I will take him back to Megakat City in a couple of days and don't argue with me Uly. You look dreadful and a long flight will only make you more ill." Khan said sharply, giving his mate a hard look. Feral had his mouth opened to protest but seeing the implacable look on his mate's face, he snapped it shut.

"He's right, Uncle. You really don't look too good. I'll tell Steele what happened to you. You can call him tomorrow to confirm my story. Okay?" Felina cajoled her uncle.

"I don't really have a choice, it seems. Thank you, Felina. I'll see you in a few days." Feral sighed in resignation and secret relief. He really didn't think he could handle another plane flight.

"Well if everyone is ready, let's go!" T-Bone said as he headed for the door. He was quickly followed by Baloo, Kit and Razor.

After the door closed behind them, Felina rose to leave as well. "I might not get another chance to come here and I'd like to look around a bit so if I don't see you before I leave, I hope you feel better Uncle." Turning to Khan and Becky she said, "Take good care of my uncle, Mr. Khan and it was nice meeting you Ms. Cunningham." Khan just nodded.

"It was a pleasure meeting you too, Felina. Hope you can visit us again some time." Becky smiled and walked Felina out the door.

"I'd like that." Felina said warmly then walked up the dock to meander uptown.

Becky turned to see Khan helping Feral to his feet and guiding him to the door. "Thank you Ms Cunningham for your hospitality and assistance." Khan said warmly and shook Becky's paw. "Thank you for the tea. It helped a lot." Feral added wanly.

"You're welcome Commander and I hope you feel better. Get lots of rest. Pregnancy can take a lot out of you and I can guess you are not used to slowing down. But speaking from experience, you'll find getting enough rest allows you to do most of what you usually do but with a little more caution involved." Becky advised him.

"Thank you for the advice, Ms. Cunningham, and I will endeavor to convince my mate of the importance of it constantly." Khan smiled eyeing Feral solicitously. Khan's limo arrived as they made it outside. He gently aided his mate into the car and then got in next to him. Ordering the driver to return to Khan Industries, he pulled out his cell phone and called his personal physician to meet them in his penthouse upon their arrival.

"How are you feeling now, Uly" He asked while gently rubbing his mates back.

"Hungry! But I'm afraid I won't keep down what I eat." Ulysses said miserably. "The tea did help the nausea some."

"Hopefully, Dr. Wanzer will have something that will fix you right up. A hot bath should help as well, hmm..." Khan soothed.

"Sounds good." Feral sighed, leaned his head on Khan's shoulder and closed his eyes, saying nothing more for the rest of the trip.

Dr. Wanzer was a stork-like creature with a calm demeanor. He examined Feral thoroughly, found him to be badly dehydrated and administered an IV of fluids and an injection of an anti-nausea med. An hour later, after a hot bath, and feeling immensely better, if terribly tired, Feral finally had a light meal that thankfully stayed with him.

Smiling, pleased at his mate's renewed spirits, Khan removed the dinner tray to the outer room. Returning he turned out the lights and climbed into bed, gently spooning Ulysses to his front, nuzzling his neck and purring his mate to sleep. He lay awake for a while, his mind too busy as yet for sleep, but his soul was at peace. He breathed his mate's scent into his lungs. He was so very grateful that Uly was safe in his arms once more.

Somewhere over the pacific ocean...

T-Bone was tired and had the jet on autopilot for the long flight home. In the mirror he could see his partner was napping with Felina watching the water with an equally tired look. It had been a satisfying mission. Ridding another country of a chronic problem was a great lift to his spirits and a further enforcement that he was doing the right thing with his life.

It had been amusing watching Baloo behave like a kitten in a candy store as the grey bear and his copilot yelled their excitement during the fancy maneuvers he put the Turbokat through to impress his passengers. Razor demonstrated a few of his fancy missiles that had Baloo envious.

They shared stories as they headed back to the airfield then drove the pair back to Higher for Hirer where they picked up a relaxed looking Felina for the return trip. Waving goodbye to their new allies and with promises of coming back for a visit, they roared off for the airfield. As dusk began to fall, the Turbokat departed Cape Suzette for home.

Yawning hugely, T-Bone shook himself and checked the time. They were only three hours from Megakat City. Knowing how exhausted they all were, he decided to go to nearly light speed to get home sooner. Razor and Felina were dead to the world and never noticed the increased G-forces. Within an hour, the Turbokat arrived at Enforcer Headquarters. Reaching behind him he tapped Felina awake. She startled and looked around. She was pleasantly surprised to see they were home. Grabbing her kit and a bag of things she'd bought in Cape Suzette, she climbed out of the Turbokat and waved goodbye as the jet lifted off. Within another ten minutes, T-Bone was shutting the engines down and opening the canopy in their hidden hangar. Bone tired the two SWAT Kats quickly stripped off their G-suits and headed for bed, glad to be finally home.