RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Oh no, I think they will stay with me as my insurance policy against you taking any action against me. If you want them to remain alive, you'll do exactly what I tell you," Dark Kat smirked.

"Spare me your lies! You won't keep your word not to harm them nor will you be bothered to keep them alive if they cause you too much trouble," Feral snarled. "I'm not a fool to believe you'll do otherwise, so you might as well give up now!"

Dark Kat was unfazed by Feral's threat. He gave the tom a coolly appraising look as another idea occurred to him. "It seems we have a stalemate, Commander. I admit, having a noisy, troublesome kitten around would be irritating plus having to deal with a fractious male as well, but you on the other paw, have much more to offer me than they do. Being an hermaphrodite and able to breed makes you an extremely valuable commodity if sold to the right buyer. For the life of your mate and kitten, you would come willingly with me."

Feral blinked in surprise. Whatever he'd expected to hear from the omega it certainly hadn't been that. "You want to sell me?"

"Your attack will have decimated my resources and I'll need money to build anew, you being sold to the highest bidder will get that for me," Dark Kat said, smugly, his weapon never wavering from Hadrian's head.

Affronted, Feral nearly squeezed the trigger. He wanted to fire straight into that smug face and end this stalemate but didn't dare and didn't know how to end this without someone getting hurt.

Dark Kat's eyes narrowed. He'd seen Feral's paw twitch. "Go ahead! Shoot! And your future will go with it!" He declared coldly.

'Okay, enough of this, time for some action,' Razor thought, fingering something in his paw that he was itching to throw.

The sound of weapons fire outside the room finally gave Feral and Razor all the distraction they needed.

"Hold your breath," Razor growled just loud enough for his companions to hear as he tossed something small toward Dark Kat's feet. The omega had frowned at the noise, flicking his attention from the sitting tom for just a moment, long enough for Feral to fire his laser.

Dark Kat never saw the capsule rolling to his feet as he was holding his injured paw Feral had hit sending the weapon flying to the floor where Hadrian could reach it. Holding his breath, as he had seen the capsule and had divined its purpose, he snatched up the weapon and fired off a round into Dark Kat's torso. At such close range, the weapon went through DK's armor, killing him instantly, a shocked look on his face as he slumped to the floor.

All the other combatants slumped to the floor and, for a moment, it was raining creeplings. Unfortunately, the gas only made the pink creatures unable to fly or walk well. The gas had been colorless and odorless and was normally used for crowd control but Razor felt the situation was dire enough and that Elora was in direct danger if a battle had broken out, that knocking everyone out was a far better option.

He hadn't expected the bonus of Dark Kat getting killed but he wasn't unhappy about it either. However, they still had the creeplings to deal with. "You can breath now, the gas dissipates quickly," he announced then began taking out the creeplings with electro grenades.

Feral hurriedly went to his lover's side and helped him to his feet. Hadrian gave him a huge smile which Feral returned. "That was an amazing shot, my love," he said, shaking his head. "How is Elora?"

Hadrian opened his coat to reveal an unhappy and surprised Elora. Feral leaned down to nuzzle his daughter making her sigh and whimper a little. "Ahh, I'm sorry, my sweet," he cooed to her, gently rubbing her face with his fingers to comfort her. He raised his head and gave his mate a quick peck. "Thank you!" He murmured.

"You're welcome, my love. Is it safe now?" Hadrian asked, looking around carefully and still holding the weapon.

Before he answered, Feral scanned the room. The SWAT Kats had tied up the sleeping ninjas and dispatched the creeplings but he saw no sign of Viper anywhere in the room. Suddenly, from the door they had entered, the special ops team appeared, a little worse for wear but alive.

"Sir," the leader came forward to speak with Feral. "We found no signs of Viper. We'd hoped he would be here," he said looking around, "...but it seems he's not. Any ideas where we should look?"

Feral frowned, thinking. Meanwhile, Razor had gone to Dark Kat's console and was studying it. T-Bone watched over his shoulder then noted the action on the screen.

"Crud! What the heck is that thing?"

Razor jerked his attention up and stared at the screen as well. "Must be what Viper was working on that Hard Drive told us about. Everyone else came close to study the screen as well. The leader turned to his commander.

"Sir, that thing at least isn't moving too fast, unfortunately, it appears we don't have anything to stop it either," he said, frustrated as they all could see the tank and chopper squadrons firing away with no effect on the crawling monstrosity.

"I might have something that'll stop that thing. I guess we'd better go take care of it buddy. Feral?" Razor turned to address the Commander. "According to the plans I've been able to call up, Dark Kat intended to use his fear ship. It's apparently in some underground storage area and that door..." he turned and pointed toward a far door, "...apparently leads to it. I'm willing to bet that's where Viper is now, trying to escape. Let me give you a special weapon I made specifically for him that might help you guys take him out while T-Bone and I go after that big plant thing crawling toward the city."

"Agreed! Give us what you got and go take that other thing out!" He ordered.

"Gotcha! Okay, who wants the honor of firing this thing?" Razor said pulling his glovatrix off.

"I'll do it!" Feral stated firmly. Razor just nodded gave Feral the glove. The tom couldn't wear it because it was too small for his huge paw so he would have to hold it in his palm instead.

"Okay, here's what you do. Press this button and it will fire a really unique kind of net. Keep everyone else away and just aim it at Viper, it will do the rest." Razor told him.

Feral nodded his understanding. The SWAT Kats quickly left the basement for their jet on the roof while the ops team stayed with Feral.

"I want you to stay here Hadrian. Best if you go hide in that corner until I give the all clear," Feral said to Hadrian.

"Just come back to me in one piece, Ulysses. I'll insure we stay safe, promise," Hadrian said.

"I will," Feral said quickly then turned to his team and said, "let's see if we can find a snake!" He lead them to the door Razor had indicated.

The door opened to reveal a dark tunnel with a light at its end. Moving swiftly and silently, the small group ran to the end of the tunnel and appeared in a large space where a black, round, ship waited, its engines rumbling, indicating someone was aboard and had started the engines.

Making a paw sign to indicate they were sneaking aboard, Feral lead his team up the still open door into the ship. At first they encountered no one, but suddenly a small group of creeplings came winging their way from a corridor on the right. The group quickly dispatched them and moved on. By the time they finally reached the control center, they had taken out four ninjas and more creeplings, losing only one of their number, who had been badly injured.

When Feral eased the control room door open, he spotted Viper to the left and three ninjas sitting in the control seats before him. He pulled his head back and gave his team instructions...he would take Viper and they would dispatch the ninjas. Counting to three, he shoved the door open violently and fired the special weapon Razor had made at Viper while his team quickly fired their lasers at the ninjas.

Viper hissed in fury and tried to get out of the way of the missile aimed at him but to his amazement and horror, the missile followed his every move. Finally, it struck him dead on since he'd run out of room to escape. It exploded, the net spreading out to cover him but before he could just rip it to shreds as he'd had before it set off a high voltage shock wave through the net from a tiny device that triggered moments after the net fell over him. Viper screamed and jerked before falling unconscious, his body still twitching from the volts passing through it.

"Well, now that's a weapon," Feral said, admiringly. He walked up to the still sparking net but didn't touch it. He suspected Razor had a way to deactivate it so he would have to wait for the SWAT Kat to do that. He hoped they were having good luck against that plant creature. "Alright, search the ship for any more enemy and I'll keep guard over our prize."

Nodding the team hurried off. Feral wished he could see what was going on outside.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

Flying over the battle scene, using a high powered spotlight to see in the dark, the SWAT Kats found the creature heading toward the city on a straight path, not caring or disturbed about the fences, homes, cars, or anything else that might be in its path. Nothing seemed to hurt it as it moved slowly over the ground, letting nothing stop it.

"Hope we can stop that thing," Razor muttered, then tuned his radio to the enforcer frequency. "Attention enforcers, back off. I'm going to use some new munitions and don't want you caught in it."

Responding instantly, the sadly reduced enforcers gladly gave up the field to the SWAT Kats. They were hardily tired of battering away at something that didn't have the decency to die from everything they'd thrown at it.

With a cleared field, Razor fired a barrage of different types of new weapons, hoping one or more of them would do the job. A variety of explosives: scramblers, electricity, match head, slicer, drop tops, megavolt, blow torch and freeze missiles, struck their target.

Some of the missiles managed to cut off many of its tentacles and cause it severe pain but it didn't stop the thing from its slow crawl toward the city.

Razor had one last thing he prayed would work and it was something he had stolen from the enforcers before they could confiscate it, the vertical cannon from Turmoil. He'd mounted it in the nose cone along with their Mega Laser.

"I hope you have something else, buddy," T-Bone said, worriedly.

"I do! And I sure hope this works cause I don't have anything else. Point our nose at it so I can get a clean shot," Razor said.

T-Bone did as ordered, getting the plant monster which was as large as a small house, was flat and round with tons of tentacles coming out of its center. It looked a mess now, bleeding some kind of green ichor from everywhere they'd managed to injure it.

Razor aimed the vertigo beam and struck the thing dead center. It really shouldn't work as you had to have ears for your vertigo to be messed up but he simply didn't have anything left, and, anyway, didn't know if it had ears or not. As an after thought, he added some banshee missiles to the mix.

When the beam hit it, the plant halted and seemed to be in distress as it made that awful high pitched noise, then when the banshee's struck, it went nuts. It whirled in a mad circle for some minutes then simply blew up.

Everyone gaped in surprise even the SWAT Kats. Messy, smelly plant debris was everywhere even on the jet. It would be a hell of a mess to clean up but at least it was finally dead. Cheers went up, heard over the radios.

"You did it buddy!" T-Bone added his own congratulations.

"Yeah, finally. Better tell Feral its all clear now," Razor said, pleased by the outcome. He used their personal way to communicate with the Commander. "Feral? Yeah, it's dead finally. Took everything I threw at it but it was the last weapon that finally took it out. Everything alright there? Did you get Viper?"

"Good work, SWAT Kat and yes, your weapon worked flawlessly and took out Viper. However, you'll need to come down and shut the damn thing off," Feral responded.

"Sure, no problem. We'll land on the ground near the front entrance this time. See you in a few minutes," Razor said. Feral acknowledged then cut the connection.

Back in the mansion's basement, Feral heaved a sigh of relief then turned to his mate. Hadrian gave him a relieved smile, happy his mate was alive and well. "Everything okay now?" He asked, lowering the weapon and walking toward Feral.

"Yes, at last it's over." Feral looked down at Dark Kat's body. "And at least one of the omegas will never be a threat again."

"I say good riddance too," Hadrian said with feeling, glad he had a part in ending the threat to his new family.

Elora chose that moment to make a loud complaint. "Oh, sorry love," Feral murmured as he and Hadrian removed her from the harness. Feral took her into his arms and hugged her which calmed her though she still whimpered a little about all the treatment she'd endured over the past few hours. Feral gave his mate a warm look. "Thank you for protecting her so well, Hadrian."

"My duty and honor to do so, Ulysses," Hadrian said, proudly then his face fell.

"What's wrong?" Feral asked, concerned.

"My best friend, Tarfari helped fight off the attack at your apartment until he was overrun. It was he that sent you the signaler and told me what to do to keep Elora from being taken from me. I saw his body on the floor when I was whisked away," he said, worried and upset.

"Oh I'm sorry, my love. I'll find out what happened immediately," Feral promised as he took out his radio and asked dispatch about the battle around his home. No one seemed to know the answer right away and promised to call him as soon as they did.

While he'd been on the radio, the SWAT Kats had arrived and they walked to the fear ship to take care of Viper. Minutes later, they walked back carrying the omega. Feral ordered his troops that showed up as well to clean up the area, take the body to the morgue, and have CSI check out Dark Kat and Viper's labs thoroughly.

Once everyone had their orders, Feral spoke with the special ops team and told them they would return with him by Turbokat along with Viper's unconscious body. It was with relief, the group left the basement and headed for the SWAT Kats jet. When everyone was safely loaded, the SWAT Kats took off for Enforcer Headquarters.