RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


The kitten had been put to bed and Feral had returned to sit close to his mate. Hard Drive felt now was the time to intrude before the pair decided to become amorous which looked to be possible as the male, Hadrian had put an arm around the Commander's shoulders and was pulling the dark tom close.

Leaping from the lamp he landed just in front of the pair. Feral jumped to his feet, outrage, fear and anger flashing across his features.

Hard Drive knew what the big tom was thinking and he hurried to reassure him before he ended up experiencing what a mother could do if it thought its kitten was being threatened.

"Easy there, Commander! I'm not here to harm your family. Just hear me out!" His paws held up in a calming gesture, powering down instantly, as he tried to look as non-threatening as he could.

Feral froze and stared at the techno thief suspiciously. Beside him, Hadrian eyed this stranger with hostile eyes, his body tense and ready to jump the guy if Ulysses reacted unfavorably to the thief's overture.

"Why should I believe you?" Feral hissed, barely holding himself back from taking down the slippery thief.

"Because, despite what you think, I don't kill kittens! Dark Kat is planning something really nasty with the help of that slimy lizard, Viper. I was supposed to take your daughter as hostage before he launched his attack to hamstring you! But I won't do that! I may be a thief but I'm no killer!" Hard Drive argued hurriedly.

Blinking in disbelief, Feral gave Hard Drive a cold look. "How do I know telling me this isn't part of your plan to get our protection then turn on us?" He demanded flatly.

Huffing in annoyance, Hard Drive growled curses under his breath as he took off his surge coat and dropped it to the floor then stepped away from it. His hair and eyes instantly returned to normal revealing an ordinary looking male, some six feet tall, slim built, dressed simply with mussed up blond hair. He was someone you wouldn't have looked twice at if passing him on the street.

'This is the dangerous threat I heard about?' Hadrian thought in stunned disbelief. 'He sure as heck don't look like much of a tough guy. That tech is the only thing that makes him deadly' he mused to himself.

"There! Does this convince you? You know I'm nothing without the coat so here I am totally ordinary and helpless. I'm telling you the truth. I want no part of what that maniac is planning and when I saw you with your little one, I knew my decision was the right one. I'll tell you where Dark Kat is hiding out, what security he has in place, how many creeplings and ninjas that I've seen...sorry I don't have a complete count of them since there were areas I wasn't allowed in, and I can tell you what to avoid when you go for Viper who's in the basement of this place working on God knows what in his lab. All I want in return is protection from Dark Kat and Viper and the assurance that I won't be put on trial nor in the same prison with them."

Feral stood there in stunned amazement though his face still maintained its stony expression. There was no doubt now that Hard Drive meant what he said. For the first time, Feral felt a leap of hope. At last, he could finally get the jump on the two worst omegas the city faced. With this priceless information, he could preempt Dark Kat's attack plans...oh yes...things had finally turned his way.

He gave Hard Drive a nod, "alright, I'm willing to entertain the novelty that you're actually telling the truth for once. You and I are going to Enforcer Headquarters where you'll brief my officers and the SWAT Kats on what you're trading...don't touch it!" He barked suddenly when Hard Drive made to reach for his coat. "Hadrian, if you would..." he gestured toward the coat without taking his eyes off his prisoner.

"Certainly, Ulysses!" Hadrian said, understanding exactly what Ulysses wanted from him. He hurried past Hard Drive, quickly picked up the odd coat then moved back to the Commander's side.

"Alright, Hard Drive...assume the position!" Feral snapped, carefully going past the criminal to retrieve his pawcuffs from his great coat and returning to snap them on the criminal who had done as instructed...feet apart...paws behind his back.

Once his prisoner was secured he paused in indecision. He glanced over at Hadrian and came to a difficult but necessary decision.

"Hadrian...I have to take care of this. You'll have to stay and protect Elora," he said, trusting his lover with the most precious gift in his life.

The bengal tom sucked in a surprised breath. He stared into his lover's eyes for a long moment then nodded gravely, accepting the responsibility, knowing full well how much it cost Ulysses to leave his daughter this way, especially with someone he barely knew. This was his chance to prove how important Uly's love and acceptance of him was and how determined he was to be a part of their lives. He would not fail to guard his daughter with his life.

"Go on. Elora will be safe with me...I swear it. You be careful though...you will now be a target once Dark Kat learns of this tom's betrayal," he warned, worriedly.

"Don't worry. I'm used to being a target but be on guard, Hadrian. He may still come after Elora," Feral warned in return as he took the surge coat from his mate.

"I know. You have a way I can contact you quickly and I don't mean your cell?" Hadrian asked urgently.

Feral blinked at him in surprise. "No I don't!"

"Then I do. I'll get it quickly and insure you get the other half. Leave it to me!" Hadrian said grimly.

His lover eyed him in puzzlement but Hadrian raised a paw to forestall him. "Go! You have to get him to safety quickly and get yourself over to Dark Kat's hideout before he knows the jig is up. You've got very little time and the clock is ticking!"

"You're right! Be safe, Hadrian," Feral said in resignation, giving his mate a quick kiss then turning to grab Hard Drive by the arm and hustle him out of the apartment. Once down in his vehicle, he cuffed Hard Drive to the far passenger side of the rear seat, the surge coat safely laying beside the driver's seat. Before taking off, he quickly used the personal signaler from the SWAT Kats.

"What's up?" Came the gruff tones of the pilot, worry in his voice.

That still amazed Feral at how much these two vigilantes cared for what happened to him and his daughter. Quickly he told T-Bone what had happened then said, "meet me at Enforcer Headquarters ASAP! I'll call ahead so you're not hassled."

"What about Elora?"

"She's in her father's safe keeping. Now I've got to go. We haven't much time!"

"Roger! See you there!"

When T-Bone signed off, Feral reached for his dashboard radio and called dispatch. Relaying his instructions quickly, he signed off as soon as he got the acknowledgment then turned his vehicle on. Within minutes, he was racing through the light evening traffic with siren screaming.

Back at Feral's apartment, Hadrian had gone to the balcony and watched as his lover made it safely away. He looked up at the night sky and scowled. Nighttime would be Dark Kat's friend but hopefully, it would be Ulysses' as well if they were able to get to the omega before he found out about Hard Drive. He stepped back inside, closing and locking the sliding door. Pulling out his cell phone he called Tafari.

"Good evening my friend. I thought you were with your mate?" Tafari asked the moment he realized who was calling.

"I was until we had an unexpected visitor...listen closely..." Hadrian briefed his friend on what had happened.

Tafari listened gravely, getting up from the chair he'd been sitting in reading a book to quickly go to his bedroom to change. While in the process of switching out his pants, he said, "if I were this Dark Kat creature and trusted no one, I would have had Hard Drive followed. You are in danger, Hadrian. If my guess is correct then the watcher will have already informed his boss and he will be coming for you. Things may get hot any moment now. I'm coming over immediately!"

"Thank you my friend. I'm afraid you are right and I have locked myself in."

"Get Elora and tie her in some way to yourself or she will be taken without you. You must insure you're with her at all times!" Tafari said urgently as he pulled the last of his clothing on then hurried to the closet for a special case he had there.

His face grim, Hadrian walked quickly to the bedroom while talking with his friend. He quickly gathered what Elora needed and tucked them away on his person.

"I understand. See you soon my friend," Hadrian said quickly as he hurried to the kitchen next.

"And you, Hadrian!" Tafari responded then hung up. In the case, he had opened on the bed, he pulled out a luger, extra ammunition, and some interesting looking tech and tucked them into inner pockets of his suit jacket then he pulled on an overcoat. He closed the case and put it back on the shelf. Striding back into the living area he grabbed his room key and rental car keys off the coffee table then hurried out the door, rushing for the elevator.

At this time of night, there was no one about. TV's and voices could be heard behind doors indicating most of the hotel visitors were in their rooms while others were out on the town. So none saw or heard Tafari as he hurried by, pulling out his cell phone to make several urgent calls while stepping from the elevator through the doors to the parking lot and, finally, disconnecting when he reached his vehicle. In a few minutes, he was racing across town.

Hadrian had grabbed two pre-made bottles of breast milk from the fridge and placed them in a special nylon carrier meant for them then pulled the handle over his arm to fit snugly on his shoulder. Looking rather like a pack mule, Hadrian returned to the bedroom and searched for the kitten harness Ulysses sometimes used. Though Elora was really too big for it, right now it was the only thing he could think of to keep her close to him.

He found it tucked in the bottom of Elora's dresser and was very glad Ulysses hadn't gotten rid of it yet. He pulled it on and grimaced at how tight it was on him because of all the things he already had packed on.

Finally ready, he reached into the crib and gathered up Elora. She grumbled sleepily at him, making him sigh unhappily at having to do this to her. He quickly checked her diaper, changed her which made her mad at being disturbed then put her in a one piece jumper that would protect her. She was crying irritably by the time he was done.

Taking precious moments and feeling time slipping by, Hadrian gently rocked her in his arms to soothe her and to get her to stop crying. Since she was very tired it didn't take too long. He prayed she didn't get upset when he put her into the tight harness. She did fuss but he finally had her strapped firmly to his chest then got his overcoat and pulled it on without her doing more than grumble then go silent as she went back to sleep. Buttoning it partway up, he allowed her head to peek out only a little but would close it if danger struck.

Feeling as ready as he could be, he was making for the living room when the doorbell rang. Hurrying to answer it, he paused to peer through the peephole. With a sigh of relief, he opened the door to his friend then closed and locked it immediately behind Tafari once he entered the room.

Tafari quickly scanned the living area before giving his friend a look of concern. He seemed a bit bulky then he spotted the top of Elora's head peeking out of Hadrian's coat. He smiled and relaxed a bit.

"Got her all ready then?"

"Yes, as best I could and have what I need if we're taken or leave on our own."

"Good but there's one more thing you need..." Tafari reached into his coat and brought out the odd tech he'd packed. "This is a tracker...just in case you end up somewhere different than Dark Kat's hideout," he said as he approached Hadrian and indicated the tom should lower his head a bit.

Hadrian did so and waited as Tafari affixed something in his fur next to his left ear. After fiddling then stepping back then fiddling again, Tafari felt satisfied and let Hadrian straighten up.

"I promised Ulysses something by which I'd be able to contact him instantly should something happen," Hadrian said, eyeing his friend questioningly.

Tafari frowned, "I can inform him if something should happen. I'm not leaving you undefended, my friend."

"I know but he would be angry and devastated not to be informed the second trouble hits and I did promise."

His friend sighed, pulled out his cell and made a call. Some fifteen minutes later there was a knock on the door again. Tafari went and peeked out then unlocked and opened the door. Outside was a lean looking tom in a dark suit and glasses despite it being nighttime. Tafari had him come in then pulled something else from his pockets, typed quickly into a tiny keypad then handed the small device to the waiting tom.

"Take this to Commander Feral only. Mention Hadrian's name and that its urgent, you'll get safe passage straight to Feral. Tell the Commander, this is the communicator he was waiting for," he instructed the other.

The tom simply nodded and went back out the door, disappearing swiftly from view. Tafari locked the door again then walked to the balcony and looked out the glass for some minutes before turning back to his friend.

"There! That should get to Feral very soon. Now we wait!"

At Enforcer Headquarters, the SWAT Kats had arrived nearly the same time as Feral did. The Commander quickly hustled his prisoner through the lobby and onto the elevator much to the enforcers in the lobby surprise. Reaching his floor, he continued to tug Hard Drive along until they reached his office.

He shoved the tom toward the stairs that lead up to his pedestal desk. "Sit and don't move," he instructed as he indicated the top stair not far from his chair at the desk. Without complaint, Hard Drive sat down and stared at the floor.

Feral took his seat and began to make some calls. The SWAT Kats arrived only moments later and walked up to his desk. They spotted Hard Drive then looked up at Feral who was still on the phone. They said nothing and waited.

Hard Drive eyed them curiously. He still found it incredible that these two had been willing to set aside their hatred of Feral to actually help take care of the tom's kitten. He still wondered how that had come about. Must be a really interesting story and one he'd never get to hear.

The phone hitting its holder made him jump a little.

"My officers and black ops team will be arriving momentarily. Instead of repeating what I have to say let's just wait for them to arrive."

The SWAT Kats just shrugged and nodded. They were just as anxious as Feral to see this conflict to its end and were really thankful for Hard Drive's defection. It was great to finally get a jump on the omegas for once. If they were in time, that is.

Only ten minutes later and the room was filled with the officers Feral had summoned. Surrounding his desk, they waited to hear what Hard Drive had to say.

"This is your moment, Hard Drive...now sing!" Feral ordered.

Without hesitation, the techno thief quickly relayed location, numbers, the mansion's layout and where they could find each omega within it.

The officers and Razor took note of the information then Sgt Fallon was detailed to take Hard Drive to processing and that he be placed in a secluded cell for his own safety. Once he was out of the room, planning began.

Feral and a large force of enforcer tanks and choppers would converge on the mansion while the black ops teams would stand by and when the battle began, they would penetrate the mansion's security and slip in to take out as many ninjas and creeplings they could while hunting for Dark Kat and Viper. The SWAT Kats insisted on joining that team.

"We've got the tech to take out Viper's guards as well as creeplings that your people don't Feral as well as what's needed to take out those two," Razor said firmly.

Feral could only sigh and concede the SWAT Kat was right. He wasn't going to fight about this as he didn't want either of the two omegas to get away. Before he could answer, there was an interruption.

Someone was outside knocking firmly...one of the ops members went to see who it was. A quiet but urgent conversation took place with the door opened only a crack, before the ops guy hurried to Feral's side and whispered something in his ear. Feral straightened suddenly and rushed to the door. He took the device given him by the stranger who gave his message then turned and left with his enforcer escort.

Feral sighed in relief and pocketed the device before returning to the meeting.

Facing the SWAT Kats, he said, "fine, I agree you're better equipped and I don't want to lose those two omegas because of misplaced pride and jurisdictional arguments." He turned to the rest staring at him, some with a little surprise in their eyes. "I want them caught! We can't afford to let them get away since this is apparently a major offensive Dark Kat has planned. So whatever it takes..." and here he gave the SWAT Kats a sour look, "...or whoever I have to accept as part of the team...we will get them this time!"

His officers nodded gravely. Looking down at his watch, Feral noticed at least forty-five minutes had passed since he'd gotten to headquarters. Time was swiftly getting away from them.

"Let's get moving! We head out in ten!" He barked. His officers quickly left the office heading for their squadrons who had already been alerted and should be standing by to leave. The black ops would pause by the armory then head out immediately with the SWAT Kats who'd volunteered to ferry them there. They would take a high altitude approach then wait until Feral's army got there to cause a distraction before they landed and made their own entry.

The battle for Megakat City had begun!