RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


The next morning dawned bright, the sun falling gently over Feral as he fed Elora her breakfast. He relaxed while she nursed and enjoyed the quiet morning letting his mind replay the good and bad that had happened yesterday.

The good, of course, was his time spent with Hadrian. It felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders when the handsome tom reentered his life. The fire between them had not been extinguished by the long absence. That caused him to pause a moment...it still felt strange how deeply attracted he was to the Bengal tom from that one brief encounter.

He never really believed in love at first sight...lust certainly...but not love...and he wasn't certain this was what it was now either but he couldn't shake just how comfortable he felt in Hadrian's company.

He let his mind drift a moment as his body remembered how it felt to be touched again and how Hadrian seemed to know his body so well that he brought completion without taking their clothes off. Now that had truly blew his mind, feeling such a intense connection with the tom that had allowed him to be swept off his feet so easily and it hadn't been one sided. Hadrian had been completely enthralled with him as well.

The bad was the thought of letting the SWAT Kats take his precious little one away on Monday morning. It made him just sick inside. No matter how much he knew this was the right thing to do to keep Elora safe, it tore him apart to let her go to strangers on their first parting. Though Elora accepted the SWAT Kats with ease, he wasn't so certain about Professor Hackle. He didn't know that much about the tom. Perhaps he should go and see him?

A soft sound drew him out of his musings. Looking down he saw Elora blinking wide eyes up at him. He smiled tenderly at her.

"Are we full now?" He cooed at her as he raised her to his shoulder to tap her back gently.

She cooed and softly babbled then gave a quiet burp. It didn't look like she was in a hurry to go back to sleep yet so he got up and placed her in a small carrier that allowed her to watch her mother. He cinched her in place then carried her to the bathroom, setting her on the wide counter. He talked to her as he stripped then took a shower.

She startled a little when the dryer came on but waved her tiny fists when her mother played peek a boo with a towel at her. Dried, he picked her carrier up and walked back into the bedroom. He set her on the bed so he could get dressed.

After getting his bra on and a pair of electric blue boxers, he put on some sweat pants and a light weight tailored shirt and opted to go barefoot. Collecting Elora, he left the bedroom and headed across the living room for the kitchen.

A strong knock caught his attention before he was halfway across the room. Changing directions, he made for his front door. Opening it revealed Sgt Fallon with an armload of reports.

"Good morning, sir. I hope I'm not too early?" The sergeant asked as he glanced down at Elora in her carrier under Feral's left arm.

"I was just going to get breakfast for myself. Elora's not sleepy so she's been watching. Come on in and we can talk while I throw something together," Feral said easily, stepping back and allowing the sergeant to pass in front of him then closing the door.

He lead the way to the kitchen, setting Elora on the kitchen table. The sergeant laid the files on the table beside her and smiled down at her happy face.

"She's looking good, Commander and very happy. Things going well now?" He asked, as he made funny faces at Elora and she cooed at him making him smile.

Feral glanced over his shoulder at Fallon as he pulled ingredients out of the fridge. "Yes. She's nearly sleeping all night now and I feel very rested. Thank you. Would you like something yourself?" He asked politely.

"No thanks, sir...I'm good." Sgt Fallon demurred taking a seat at the table. "Glad to hear she's sleeping through the night. Are you still planning to come back to work on Monday?"

"Yes, I am,." Feral answered and sighed mentally, knowing what Fallon's next question was going to be and not happy to be discussing it but Fallon needed to know.

"I know it's not my place to ask, sir but I'm concerned about where you're going to keep Elora when you're on duty," Fallon said cautiously.

"It's alright, I understand your need to ask. I've made secret arrangements that will ensure no one knows where Elora is being taken on a daily basis. She will be picked up from here and taken away before I go to work and after I return home this way no one connects her with me. Anyone watching will think I'm leaving her here but they will soon learn the apartment's empty during the day," Feral told his sergeant, though the words 'taken away' still made him whimper inside.

Fallon frowned a little but nodded his head. "I'm glad, sir. It had me very concerned."

"I thank you for your concern, now what have you for me today?" Feral asked, changing the subject.

Fallon cleared his throat and began relaying what Feral needed to know.

Elora was sound asleep in her carrier by the time Sgt Fallon carried off the completion of their mornings work some two hours later. Feral saw the sergeant off then took Elora to her bed before returning to the kitchen to clean up.

As he puttered around, doing laundry and some light housekeeping the phone rang. He picked it up and smiled when he heard a familiar voice.

"Hello, Ulysses. Is it safe for me to come over?" Hadrian asked.

"Your timing is excellent. Sgt Fallon was already here this morning and I'm just finishing up with my self-imposed housework. Elora is asleep and will probably wake when you arrive but come ahead. I'd welcome your company right now," Feral said warmly.

"Wonderful. See you in about fifteen minutes then," Hadrian said eagerly as he closed the call.

Feral put down the phone and smiled happily to himself as he finished his tasks.

Exactly fifteen minutes later there came a knock on his door. He hurried to open it and his face lit up when he saw Hadrian. The Bengal tom stepped in and closed the door behind him before wrapping his arms around Feral and giving him a searing kiss.

Feral moaned as his body responded immediately. If he wasn't careful, he would allow this tom any liberty with him. Hadrian just made him feel soo good in such a short time it left him giddy and scared.

Hadrian's heart leaped at the eager look on Ulysses' face the moment he opened the door. He was soo grateful that the tom felt the same thrill he did when they were together. It made his hopes of a relationship that much more certain.

It had been nearly impossible sleeping last night as his mind and body wanted desperately to be wrapped around the dark tom, sharing their warmth and making love. It was going to be really hard trying to keep a restraint on his desires but for the possibility of making the tom his forever mate, patience had to be his watch word.

Still moments like this were to be savored as much as possible. He reluctantly let the kiss end naturally but couldn't make his arms release the hard body pressed against his own.

Feral sighed as the kiss ended, his forehead leaning against the Bengal's as they shared a moment of perfect harmony which was broken by a familiar wailing cry. Sighing, he pulled away, Hadrian releasing him reluctantly.

"Someone's hungry," the Bengal said, smiling warmly.

"Yeah, it's about that time, make yourself at home while I tend to her," Feral murmured then turned and made for the bedroom.

Hadrian watched his lover's backside as it walked away from him. His jeans became instantly tighter than they already were. Growling deep in his throat, he forcibly turned his gaze away and looked around the apartment. He'd not had a chance the last time he was here.

The apartment was good sized with comfortable and tasteful furnishings. The kitchen was small but that was all the tom needed. He did have a more formal dining area closer to the sliding glass doors that led to a small balcony. He walked over and opened the door to step outside. The view was of the city scape. To the right he saw Enforcer Headquarters twin towers then he turned and saw the distinctive clock tower of city hall in the distance and beyond that a little of the bay could be seen. The breeze was warm and balmy. It promised to be a really nice day.

He turned around and went back in just in time to meet Feral with Elora in his arms coming from the bedroom. His daughter was wide awake and waving her arms happily in the air.

Hadrian smiled at her warmly then blinked in surprise when Ulysses suddenly passed her over to him. Still a little timid where his daughter was concerned, he cautiously took her into his arms. Her warm weight in his arms felt so right and it made his heart swell when the little face cooed at him without fear.

"Hello my little angel. How's my little one today?" He murmured to her, unconsciously swaying with her in his arms. She gave a gargling sound of happiness, seeming to enjoy the sound of his voice.

"She seems to recognize her daddy's voice," Ulysses said softly, looking at his daughter adoringly.

"I'd loved to think so but its more likely she just likes my voice in general," Hadrian said modestly though he liked the thought his daughter seemed to know him. "I wish we could go out to the park or beach. It is so nice out today," he sighed regretfully.

"Yes, I know. She could really use going outside but I dare not even take her out on the balcony with me," Feral said sadly. "I was actually wishing I could see Professor Hackle and see how Elora reacts to him and what he has set up for her. Not knowing is driving me crazy."

Hadrian looked up and stared at his lover with sympathetic eyes then frowned as a thought crossed his mind. "Perhaps, we could do this but you would have to trust me completely and I don't know if I've gained that much trust from you, yet," he said cautiously.

It was Feral's turn to frown. "What are you talking about?"

"You want to see Professor Hackle so here's what I'm proposing: I take Elora wrapped as if she was a bag of clothes I'm taking out to my car which is parked behind your apartment. Then you disguise yourself, wait ten minutes before coming downstairs to meet me at my car. We can go in it without anyone being the wiser," he suggested carefully.

Feral stared at him in shock, his mind working on all that could happen with the plan but finding it sound. "It could work at that," he said in surprise. "The trust you're speaking of is me letting you take Elora in the first place?"

"Yes."

The dark tom stepped away and thought hard about what Hadrian was asking of him. His need to see that Elora would be alright when she was taken away by the SWAT Kats was intense but did he trust Hadrian that much? He looked back at the tom waiting patiently for an answer. The answer he realized was yes...he did.

"I like it. Let's do this!" He said, feeling better than he'd had since he heard Razor's suggestion. "Let me get her ready and pack her bag then put a disguise on."

Smiling, Hadrian sighing with relief. This made him feel better as well as he was going to get the chance to see where his daughter was going to be kept too. He helped Ulysses prepare Elora and aided Uly with his disguise which was rather simple. Feral simply took out a shabby long coat and a slouch hat that hid his distinctive face and put on a dark pair of old, scuffed boots.

Feral had to search around for a large enough bag then put it around Elora's car seat with her in it. To keep her calm, her mother gave her a stuffed bear to play with. She would still make some complaint at not being able to see anything but the trip should be quick enough for Hadrian to get her to his car and release her before she could start crying.

It was decided, Feral would take her diaper bag and hide it under his long coat. When they were ready, Feral opened his door and looked out to see if the hallway was clear. It was quiet and empty. Hadrian slipped out and went to the stairwell, the elevator being too risky, and hurried down them as fast as he dared.

For Feral, it was a nerve wracking ten minute wait. He paced in a circle while constantly checking the time. Finally, he was able to slip out, locking his door behind him then hurrying down the stairs himself.

Hadrian had managed to exit the rear of the building without being spotted by anyone. He briskly walked to his car, appearing unconcerned and easy. Even though he could hear Elora start to fuss, he was careful to not notice anything was going on as he finally reached his car and proceeded to place the plastic bag on the seat. Quickly, he uncovered his daughter and gave her a happy face and a tickle which helped to ease her anxiety and restored her good humor.

Relieved she had managed to stay fairly calm, Hadrian set about getting her seat cinched into place. As he was occupied but still keeping a weather eye around him, he spotted Ulysses emerging from the rear door. Instead of heading directly for the car, Feral actually made for the dumpster and threw a bag of trash out then almost casually, he made for Hadrian.

He climbed into the driver's seat and adjusted it for his longer legs as Hadrian finished his task and moved to the passenger door and climbed in himself. Feral pulled the diaper bag from his coat and handed it to Hadrian who placed it on the backseat next to Elora.

Still keeping his face hidden, Feral started the car when Hadrian handed over his keys and slowly left the parking lot heading for an alley further down rather than going straight out to the main street. After going some two blocks down, Feral finally went up to the main street and headed for the freeway heading out of town.

"It looks like we pulled it off, Uly," Hadrian said, relief in his voice.

"Yes, it does. I've seen no tails," Feral said carefully, not dropping his guard until he was on the freeway. Only then did he relax a little. "It's a fifteen minute drive to the other side of the bay."

"Great, Elora seems fine and happy despite getting a little fussy in the bag. Hope this visit goes off well," Hadrian said quietly, studying the passing scenery.

"So do I."