RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Well now that we have that settled, I have another question for you." Chance said.

Jake eyed him but gestured for him to go ahead.

"Okay, you've been very closed mouth about what you're inventing. Don't you think it's time to tell me what you've been up to? God forbid anything should happen to you, but in our line of work that is entirely possible, I think I should be briefed on what you've developed to take out our two headaches with the least amount of damage to everything around them." Chance said cautiously.

His partner slouched into the couch and appeared to be mulling over his friend's request. Chance pretended a nonchalance he didn't feel so as not to give away how badly he wanted the information. He flicked on the TV while he waited so that the oppressive silence wouldn't unnerve him.

It was while he was wrapped up in the tail end of his favorite cartoon, that Jake finally answered.

"Alright, what you say makes very good sense. If I can't do this for whatever reason, I want someone to get it done. Let's go down to the hangar." Jake said rising from the couch.

Chance flicked off the set and followed his partner, his heart pounding nervously. He followed Jake to his work bench and stared down at what looked like a more designer form of their missiles, a large, rather strange looking ray device and Jake's glovetrix. He frowned, there didn't seem to be anything here that had warranted the length of time he'd spent on them.

"This baby," Jake said patting the missile, "will take out Dark Kat's fear ship on the first try. It's a combination of a scrambler and a banshee." He said proudly.

"Huh! Jake those banshee's of yours were terrible!" Chance said in surprised dismay.

A truly wicked and not so nice look flicked into Jake's eyes that made Chance shiver.

"Oh, not this time buddy. The scrambler, which is far more powerful than the first I've made, will bring down his force field then the banshee, which is significantly beefed up, will shatter his ship around him as well as turn him into soup." He said darkly. My old banshees were for disorienting a person, this baby is hyped to such a high degree of sound it can shatter and liquify any target except Agracite."

Chance felt a bit ill. They were very careful to not kill anyone or anything in their job because to do otherwise was to make them no better than the enemies they fought. The thought that Jake could develop something so deadly was unsettling. It clearly showed his partner's state of mind.

"Yeah, I guess that would do it alright but I would assume you only made one and that it has to count since it's far too deadly to accidentally hit an innocent target." He said cautiously.

"That's why I wanted to be sure I was the one firing it." Jake said coldly. "No offense, Chance, but you know you're not that accurate."

"Duuh! That's why you're called sure shot." Chance said with a snort. Privately, he sincerely hoped Jaynard was one too. "Okay, that's Dark Kat, so what you got for Viper?" He asked.

"Ahh, his is a two prong problem. Not only do we have to take him out but his plant army. Though his experiments in plant research is beyond most of those in his field, I still was able to get some advice from a few of the top scientists in botany. Using that information, I made these weapons. One is to be mounted in the place of the Mega-laser. It will fire a super cold beam of energy. I won't go into what kind of energy, suffice it to say, this baby will take out everything Viper can throw at us." Jake said with confidence then he pointed at his glovetrix. He put it on and pressed a button. Out sprang an odd looking launcher. "This is a mini form of the banshee." He said simply. "It will do the same thing as the big one will do to Dark Kat."

"Looks like you put a lot of planning into this so now all we have to do is wait for Dark Kat to make his move." Chance said softly.

"And I wish he'd do it soon!" Jake said tightly, staring down at his new weapons.

The next few days were strangely quiet, like a storm brewing in the distance. They used the time to work out and rest so that they were in peak condition for whatever might happen.

During this time, Chance took a quick trip into the city, ostensibly to deliver a car, but in reality, to see a certain visiting Major. Taking his G-suit, he changed to T-Bone and met Jaynard at a prearranged time and place, not far from Enforcer Headquarters. Major Jaynard didn't like to be too far from Commander Feral. Especially since the Commander was now back in his office.

They met on a rooftop a few buildings away. They could see the Enforcer Tower from their position.

"Okay, here's what I've found out..." T-Bone began without preamble as he explained the weapons to Jaynard.

The Major gave a low whistle of surprise. "Wow! Your partner's dangerous and smart." He remarked.

"Yeah, I know but he's never made anything lethal before. I'm not ashamed to say, I really don't like it." T-Bone said grimly.

Jaynard sighed, "I certainly don't blame you. So how are you going to get your paws on them and give them to me?"

T-Bone grimaced unhappily. "Razor wants to get Feral out of the way when the attack happens. I thought that was actually not a bad idea. How do you think we could go about it and include my partner as well?" He asked grimly, not wanting to answer Jaynard's question yet.

Jaynard raised an eyebrow in mild surprise at the question. He turned away from the SWAT Kat and studied the skyline a moment.

Finally he turned around and frowned a bit. "Well, the problem with taking them out of the picture is that they still won't be able to move on. They will feel cheated of their chance and might hate all those that took their revenge from them. It might be better if we try to delay them somehow while I'm taking out the enemy." He said slowly as he thought of everything that needed to happen to pull this off.

Now it was T-Bone's turn to frown, "Delay them how? And how do I make off with the weapons, get them to you, then explain to Razor where they went?" He asked unhappily.

"I've got a plan. This is how we're going to have to do it and timing will be critical and tight." Jaynard said grimly. "First, I'll have to go to the Nuclear Power Plant and wait for Dark Kat's attack. As soon as I see him, I'll notify you. Do you have a way for me to do that discretely?" He paused to ask.

"Sure, here!" T-Bone said as he reached into his G-suit and pulled out a communicator. "I'll keep it's mate on me."

"Perfect." Jaynard said taking it and putting it safely in his pocket. "Alright, once I've notified you of Dark Kat's arrival, you will tell your partner that you heard a radio blip that Feral was planning to head out to the Nuclear Plant to check his trap setup. You explain that there hadn't been an opportunity to knock him out yet. Now this is where I'm hoping your partner will be so concerned that he'll try to intercept Feral. I don't know him, so do you think he'll do it?"

"Oddly enough, Razor has been really uptight about Feral's safety of late so, yeah, he'll go running to keep him safe. He'll insist on me dropping him off." T-Bone said, pausing a moment. "That would leave me with the weapons...no wait, I still wouldn't have the one in Razor's glovatrix."

"So you have to find a way to have him go by some other method and without his glovatrix." Jaynard said seriously.

T-Bone rubbed his chin in concentration. "No that won't do, however, I can switch it for another one. As soon as you signal me, I'll tell Razor about Feral then tell him that I'll stay home because we can't just drop in without the enforcers jumping us since they are uptight by all the attacks lately. He'll buy that. But the only way this will work is if Feral doesn't hear about the real attack." He said in concern.

"That's where the Sergeant comes in. He'll have to find a way to delay them, perhaps by sabotaging Feral's chopper and sedan. Razor's presence and anger will cause confusion until they realize it was a lie then the Sergeant's delaying tactics will further slow things down. During the time they are trying to unravel what had happen, you will be rushing to me. You'll pick me up and I'll fire the missile at Dark Kat's ship. When we have that done, you'll transfer me to Felina's chopper. By the time I race to the financial tower, Razor and Feral should have heard about the attack and be on their way here. He'll probably holler for you. You'll have to figure out what to tell him. By the time they realize somethings up, Felina and I should have taken out Viper." Jaynard finished.

"Hold it! Hold it! That's a lot of chances for this thing to explode in our faces." T-Bone protested.

"I know but unless you have a better plan, this is all I've got. I have a strong feeling Dark Kat is about to strike. We haven't much time left." Jaynard said tightly.

T-Bone sighed and nodded his head. "Yeah, I feel it too. It's just too quiet. Alright, unless I can come up with something else we'll do it your way."

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't like it much either." Jaynard said with a wane smile.

"Huh! We're both nuts! I'd better scat, I'm not supposed to be gone long." T-Bone said.

Jaynard nodded and made for the roof door as T-Bone ran to the roof edge and rappeled down.

When Jaynard returned to Enforcer Headquarters, he looked around for the Sergeant and Felina. The first one he found was the female Feral. He pulled her aside and explained the plan. She didn't like it any better than T-Bone but reluctantly agreed it would have to do except for one part.

"How will I not be here when my uncle looks for me?" She asked.

"Hmm, well I guess you better get yourself put on the patrol area for the Nuclear Plant now so that you'll be in position." Jaynard suggested.

Felina sighed. "I don't' really control who goes where but I do have a favor or two I can collect on. So how will you contact me?"

"Here." Jaynard said as he handed Felina a small radio. "This is part of my gear. Keep it on you and I'll contact you."

"Okay." She said putting it in her flight suit. "It's going to be soon, I can feel it." She said grimly.

"Yeah, we all agree about that. Keep loose and be alert for my contact." Jaynard said as he moved off. Felina just nodded and made for the pilot's ready room.

He found the Sergeant just coming from the Commander's Office. He took him to an empty office and laid out his part of the plan. He wasn't surprised to see an unhappy look spread across the old enforcer's face.

"That is insubordination. I've never done anything like this but you don't have to tell me how important it is I do this. But I definitely don't like it. Leave it to me on how to delay him." The Sergeant said grimly. Jaynard nodded and clapped the old enforcer on the back before leaving him alone to do what he needed to. The Sergeant shook his head. Checking his watch, he noted that he had time to do a little tinkering on the flight line and headed there immediately.

The plan was now in motion.