RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Two months after the wild mating flight, Feral was feeling decidedly awkward and heavy. He couldn't fly very well because he was too egg laden. He didn't know how many eggs he was carrying but they bulged his midsection alarmingly. He should be laying soon and was glad the city was presently peaceful. At this time, he didn't drop his glamour so no one was aware he was pregnant.

Tye had been very busy in the mountains and had finally taken Ulysses there to see what he'd been up to. Uly was floored by the new home Tye had built for them in the inaccessible part of the northern mountain range.

The home was designed in a circle. The center of the home was tiled with beautiful blue hues in a spiral pattern, overhead was a bulletproof glass dome that opened to allow them to fly out. He had carved out of solid rock many rooms that encircled the center of the home like the spokes of a wheel. One room was a large bedroom with a huge circular bed made of a specially designed mattress and walls of soft pillow like material to form a giant nest. In one wall a circular glass window had been placed that looked out over the lake plus a walk in closet. Next to this was a large bathroom that sported a huge tub that was fed by a hidden natural spring. The toilet was simply a lava tube with a protective flapper system for dealing with waste and there was a modern drying tube large enough for them. Power for heat and electricity was provided by using energy from a lava river located deep below their rock home. He had built a fully equipped kitchen and small dining room, a nursery was located beside their bedroom with a small window of its own. With the assistance of his squad, he had an up to date security system with satellite dish and hidden copter pad installed. The TV/entertainment room had the latest equipment and finally, an office that had two desks with computers and libraries for both of them to work from.

Feral was speechless. Tye had built the most perfect home he'd ever seen. To show his gratitude, he made love to Tye, christening nearly every room. Now he was nearly ready to lay his eggs and he was looking forward to seeing their brood of kits in their new home. They hadn't taken up residence yet but planned to when his time came. He was glad Tye had thought of purchasing their own chopper since it was impossible for him to fly very far in his present condition.

On this day Feral was trying to quickly finish up all the projects and reports that required his personal attention before going on maternity leave. It was an hour past quitting time when the call came in from the Megakat Museum.

An hour earlier...

The Pastmaster had swept into the city from the desert. Using a time portal during a brief summer storm he came in on a small pterodactyl and flew to the museum away from the normal flight routes attempting to get in unseen. He was tired of always getting caught by the SWAT Kats. He landed out of sight in the forest behind the museum and waited until nearly closing time. He made his mount wait hiding in the trees. This time he cloaked his appearance with magic and walked in the front doors, bought a ticket and pretended to be just one of the tourists. He pretended to wander but in fact was heading for a specific room. The Jewel Display was not far from the museum entrance and had only a few kats in it. He casually glanced in a few cases while waiting for the others to leave. A few minutes later he was all alone. Still being careful since this room was heavily guarded by security cameras, he weaved a spell keeping his paws hidden in front of him and his back to the cameras.

The spell was a simple time stopper. It would cause time to halt for only five minutes while he snatched the jewel he had come for. The spell couldn't be used again. Moments later the spell took hold. Keeping track of the time in his head, Pastmaster quickly used his watch to open the case, took out the jewel, make a copy of it then close the case just as the spell ended. He stared down at the exact copy of the jewel he now had hidden in a pocket and smiled. Turning casually, he sauntered out of the room.

Unfortunately, the fake jewel vanished before the Pastmaster could exit the museum. It had been a faulty spell. The alarms went off instantly and the doors slammed shut. The enforcers were immediately contacted.

Pastmaster was royally pissed. He kept to the shadows and tried to find a less guarded entry point to use his watch on to escape. He still did not want to reveal himself or all his plans would be ruined.

The SWAT Kats had heard the alarm as well and were already arriving when the enforcers got there. They looked around with the Turbokat first but not seeing anything, T-Bone landed nearby and they hopped out and ran to the doors. Only two squad cars had come and weren't too happy to see the SWAT Kats there. Razor and T-Bone just ignored them and pushed their way through the small crowd to speak with Dr. Sinian.

"SWAT Kats a jewel from Queen Callista's collection was stolen. We think the culprit is still here." She told them. "We've already searched the kats standing here so we are thinking the thief must be somewhere hiding in the museum but we haven't seen them on the monitors yet."

A guard strode up to them quickly. "Dr. Sinian! A suspicious character is in the aircraft display room trying to find a way out." He reported.

The enforcers and the SWAT Kats headed off down the corridor leading to the aircraft exhibit hall. By now the Pastmaster realized he wasn't going to escape unseen. He dropped his disguise and signaled for his pterodactyl to break the glass ceiling and get him. The arriving forces heard the breaking glass just as they plunged into the room.

"Crud, it's the Pastmaster!" T-Bone shouted as he shot a grappling hook at the fleeing criminal.

He succeeded in snatching the wizard's cloak and pulling him off his mount. Screeching in fury, Pastmaster shot a fiery beam from his watch. Everyone ducked as it blasted tile from the floor sending pieces flying like shrapnel. Razor tried to knock the watch from the creep's paw but missed at the last second as Pastmaster ducked behind a huge old fighter jet.

Feral had received word of the Pastmaster's appearance and, with his Sergeant's assistance, he raced to the scene. Steele had also received the call and had arrived just behind the two squad cars.

Across town at his new offices, Tye Sunsinger had just been notified of the museum theft. Hoping it was the Pastmaster, he summoned his team and they raced to the site. They arrived in time to find out it was indeed the last criminal they needed to capture.

Sunsinger ordered his squad to go in through the doors while he went by way of the window above the battle. Dropping clothes and glamour, Tye took to the sky. He ran into the pterodactyl attempting to return to its master. He ripped it to shreds and tossed the carcass away from the building then he turned to fly into the hole Pastmaster had made in the glass dome and searched for the wizard. He spotted him moving away from an old bi-plane near the wall trying to get behind the defenders to reach the door.

Tye noticed Uly had just arrived and he roared to get his mate's attention. Feral jerked his head up and saw Sunsinger nearly get blasted by the hidden Pastmaster. Screaming in fury, though still unable to take flight, Feral dropped his clothes and glamour as well and moved hurriedly across the floor to where the blast had come.

Tye in the air and his mate on the floor wove a spell to hold off the Pastmaster's watch. The ugly gnome stared in shock at his opponents. He hadn't known Gryphonskats had still existed in this time and was unprepared to battle them. Desperately, he tried various spells trying to get away. One spell did succeed in piercing their shield wall and slapped Feral back against a plane hard. Roaring in fury at the attack on his mate, Sunsinger stepped up his attack while the other defenders distracted the Pastmaster. With deadly accuracy Tye finally got a spell through Pastmaster's defenses and destroyed the watch which in turn blasted the Pastmaster dispersing his soul forever.

Sudden silence fell over the defenders as they realized the Pastmaster was finally destroyed. The quiet was broken by a moan. Sunsinger whirled and flew quickly to his downed mate. Feral was struggling to gain his feet and was holding his belly protectively.

"My love, are you alright?" Tye asked anxiously.

"Ohhhh..." Feral moaned again squatting suddenly and using his wings to balance himself. His paws were pressed against his belly.

Everyone looked at the Commander in shock. It was the first time they'd seen him in his true form recently and now they knew why.

"Crud! T-Bone, Feral is pregnant!" Razor said in stunned dismay.

"You can say that again. He's huge and it looks like he's ready to pop!" T-Bone said sharply.

"Oh my! He can't fly in that condition and you may be right T-Bone. It looks like the fight may have sent him into labor." Dr. Sinian said worriedly.

"We can try to get him to Megakat Hospital!" Razor said urgently. "He can't give birth here!"

"Oh he won't be giving birth to live kits, Razor. Gryphonskats lay eggs. Heavens! Can you imagine trying to give birth to something with wings and sharp claws. It would shred his insides to pieces." Dr. Sinian said in horror shaking her head.

"Eggs!" T-Bone and Razor blurted in unison. The enforcers and Phoenix Squad were stunned as well.

Tommy Pensler, the Phoenix Squad's doctor, quickly went to Feral's side. "Is he in labor, Tye?" He asked in concern.

"Yes! I had our nest prepared but now he won't be able to get there. He has to have privacy and quiet." Tye said looking around anxiously for an appropriate substitute.

Dr. Sinian had walked over to see if she could help. When she heard Sunsinger's answer to Pensler she thought hard on where would be a safe and quiet place then she brightened.

"I've got just the place. I'll need everyone's help to prepare it. While we get it ready you and the doctor can slowly help Commander Feral walk there. It's the Prehistoric Room. I'll have my guard lead you there." She told them quickly then walked over and signaled the enforcers, SWAT Kats, and Phoenix Squad to come to her side. She took one of her museum guards aside and gave him instructions as to where to bring the Commander then waved the others to follow her.

"There is a large nest from the dinosaur period that should be sufficient for Commander Feral's needs." She explained as she led them to the appropriate exhibit room. "Here we are. I can close this exhibit for the time being."

What she had led them to was a large nest made of plant material and hovered over by large representation of dinosaurs.

"What we'll need to make it comfortable is lots of soft bedding and a water proof sheet and a heating blanket for under everything." Dr. Sinian explained.

"If the SWAT Kats will give us a lift, we'll go and get the bedding." JJ Barnes offered from the Phoenix Squad.

"Sure no problem. You tell us where!" T-Bone agreed.

"Come on guys! I know just the place to go!" JJ said running for the outside and the Turbokat. The Squad and the SWAT Kats were hot on his heels.

"Now the rest of you can help me gently clear this exhibit so it isn't so cluttered and there is space for the Commander and his mate." Dr. Sinian directed the enforcers that were left to help her remove various museum pieces to a another area of the room.

Down the hall came Sunsinger supporting his mate with Tommy Pensler hovering near and the guard leading them slowly to the room being prepared for them. Feral was panting heavily and groaning in discomfort.

Hovering over the warehouse district, T-Bone waited to be told where to put the Phoenix Squad down.

"There, T-Bone. Drop down there in that empty parking lot." JJ Barnes directed. T-Bone acknowledged and VTOLed down to the designated spot.

Once they were down on the ground, Razor opened the loading ramp. With a 'We'll be right back' shouted over his shoulder, Barnes and the rest of the team deplaned and ran across the street to a warehouse that specialized in bedding. In very little time the team returned with loads of bedding, pillows, and pads. Once they were aboard, T-Bone lifted them up and raced away back to the museum.

In the Prehistoric Room, the Gryphonskats arrived as Dr. Sinian completed the set up.

"How much longer, Dr. Sinian. Uly is having a very hard time." Tye asked anxiously.

"We're just waiting for the SWAT Kats and your squad to get back..." She started to say when she was interrupted.

"Here we are!" Barnes announced followed by the rest of the squad and the SWAT Kats their arms full of bedding.

"Wonderful! Now let's get these on the nest!" Dr. Sinian said in relief.

"Wait!" Sunsinger said leaving his mate in the hands of Pensler. "Let me guide you in how to set it up."

"Oh, of course, you would know how it needs to be put together. Just tell us what you want." She said quickly.

Tye gave rapid directions and in very little time the nest was completed. Sunsinger went quickly to his mate's side and helped Feral climb over the sides of the nest and settle into it. Everyone moved back toward the doors but were reluctant to actually leave.

Ignoring them, Tye climbed in behind his mate and began to soothe and massage his mate into relaxing enough to lay his eggs. Feral was squatting and leaning his body forward against the wall of the nest with his head resting on his folded arms with his wings splayed out on each side. He began to take deep breaths to help calm himself and aid in Tye's efforts to get him to relax.

Pensler stayed near but outside the nest just in case he was needed though he was uncertain what he'd be able to do since Feral wasn't a kat. He sighed and settled in to wait.

As much as the enforcers wanted to stay they had to return to duty. Steele thought it best if they left. He asked to be informed on Feral's condition then he and his officers departed. Dr. Sinian needed to return to her office but left one of her guards on hand in case she was needed. The SWAT Kats and Phoenix Squad settled down to wait chatting amongst themselves quietly.