RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Spike sat beside the other Slayer, the one that hadn't commanded Angelus to... twenty two weeks and a small handful of days, and he still couldn't think of all Angelus had done to him. He couldn't forget all Angelus had done either. No matter how hard he tried. He could at least differentiate between Angel and Angelus now. His tormentor had definitely been yet another reincarnation of the soulless version of his damnable insane sire. That didn't mean he wanted to spend any time in the ensouled version of the loony's company. Far from it! The greater the distance between them the better, even within the bounds of the LA city limits. He might have spent the last four months cleaning up Angel's messes, happily keeping one step behind the precariously balanced, sanity challenged sicko. That didn't mean he was desperate to meet up with him personally ever again.

He really didn't like to think of either version. Yet, there he was, not only thinking about him, but actually on his way to see him. No matter how he had whined and bitched and moaned, Hera had not listened to him. On the contrary, she had simply acquired the relevant text books on law and advised him to revise. He had not even spent a moment in contemplation of anything legal since his mother had died.

It was safer that way. Safer for the world if it never becomes a battlefield in the worst corporate take over in all history. His former employers had gone into involuntary early retirement before their supposed partners could go for a seriously hostile take over. So now he had practised law, in a mortal hearing no less, and had won. His 'client' sat beside him in the car, quiet, which was a blessing. And he sat there beside her counting down the hours, or days, or if lucky the weeks until Messrs Connors and Becker returned to the real world. And demanded their company back.

He had had to go and say the trigger phrase, out loud, in a mortal court and before a whole lot of witnesses too! All that and he had only just realised he'd been manipulated into saying it. Damn, but she was good.

He had to hand it to Hera, it was a great way to tie up Wolfram and Hart. Especially as he now knew all that they had done to facilitate Angelus' return to the world, and consequently his current situation. Paybacks had been Angelus' word of choice, and was now his too. He was even tempted to contact Wolfram and Hart's personnel division and ask for his old job back. Just so he could be there when his old bosses returned, pissed off and grumpily newly awakened. Now that was his idea of paybacks.

Spike quite honestly didn't give a rats fuck for Wolfram and Hart's chances of survival when Connors and Becker got through with them. What better way was there to snarl up a couple of extra dimensional demons, non other than with another couple of extra dimensional demons. Only, this time with pissed off ones!

It kept coming back to that. Just how pissed off Connors and Becker were going to be. A sight he had seen a scant three or four times in his previous career as a lawyer, and not at him then either. For that he gave thanks. He never wanted to face either of them that angered at him. Not that he had ever had to worry about that. He had long been a favoured worker in their division. Good at his job, good with the clients, quite patient, knowledgeable in all aspect of his chosen field of law. What would now be called a corporate slut, or so he believed.

All of which contemplation still left him in a business suit, doing the lawyer thing and getting Faith released on probation, in his custody, to a job of his choosing in a firm of his selection. In other words, he was about to give Angel a Slayer to play with, whether he wanted one or not. Granted, researching W&H's involvement in Angel/Angelus' return had revealed their current scam to him. They were not very subtle, and not very bright either. He'd done better work over one hundred and twenty years before, and they still didn't learn from the past.

It was his ace up his sleeve. He now owned Angel's building, and had acquired the security within the dark haired vampire's mortgage too. If Angel got too much for him, he'd evict him! He promised Alicia he would. She didn't need Angel, he didn't need Angel. Even Buffy approved of his counter measures, even if Hera did argue with him over his plan.

In his belly Alicia moved and little feet poked against the distended flesh around her. Spike smiled at the feeling of her turning somersaults. Almost as if she were trying to remind him to have happier thoughts.

"You really pregnant?" Faith finally spoke, for the first time since they left the prison gates so far behind.

"Yes." Spike muttered, distracted by Alicia's movements once more. Gently touching a finger against her foot, watching the bump react to his touch.

"Like how B said?" She quizzed the now dark reddish brown haired vampire. Intrigued, despite herself. Since her former nemesis had visited her in the prison, telling her all that had happened outside, she had wanted to see the pregnant vampire for herself. To see the physical evidence of Angel's wrong doings with her own eyes. Now she was wanting to touch that moving bump too. Only she figured it might be more than her life was worth to ask to touch it. So for now she chose to remain silent on that notion.

"Yes, just as she said." The tension in Spike's voice validated her silence. She might be erratic in her actions, but no one had ever called her stupid. Not and survived intact anyway.

"And Xander's really dead?"

"As good as, when Glory's first host died she transferred to him. Always did have the knack of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That includes a traffic accident involving Glory's host and a large truck." Spike looked up at the girl beside him. "In order to get rid of Glory, Buffy'll have to kill the current vessel too. And no other mortal males can be around, or it all starts all over again!"

"Poor B. Gotta admit she has shit luck with men." Faith shrugged as if to acknowledge the stark truth in her statement but to admit also that that truth didn't really affect her.

"Gee, thanks a lot! It's so reassuring to know that I constitute nothing more than shit luck in your way of things. Your fellow feeling warms my unbeating heart, truly, it does!" And with that Spike turned away from Faith, to watch the lights of the city at night pass him by. Like so much else out there, it all just fled away before he could even see it, let alone name it. Even his normal game of seeing how long he could stare at the back of Oz's head until told, loudly, to stop held no interest. He wasn't allowed to drive, but he was allowed to face down Angel? Somehow he felt someone had their priorities wrong.

"Oops, sorry Spike. I forgot you used to favour the B team."

"Yeah, well, it's not just her luck that's shit. Mine has been shitier for a whole lot longer than hers. After all, I fell in love with her didn't I?"

***

Life in the Hyperion progressed at such a slow pace, Wesley thought they might be standing still. They might even be going backwards if they were any less lucky than they were now.

During the last four months nothing had gone right. Even that strange phone call two months before had only given Angel false hopes that had inevitably been dashed. Yes, nothing was going right, except him and Gunn.

He and Charles had finally realised what was right under their noses. When it came to relationships, they were good together. They now had what Angel, in 240 years, had never managed to achieve, an equal loving partnership.

Wesley thought of him now with pity. The dark vampire had gone out of his way to be available to fight with them whatever demons needed vanquishing, but they had both noticed Angel didn't take as many precautions as he used to. It almost seemed that their friend wanted to die, but wouldn't allow himself the escape of doing it himself. If his suffering was to end, then it was up to The Powers That Be to end it. Something they were conspicuously not going to do, as far as that miserable vampire was concerned. Indeed it did seem that said powers wanted his friend's suffering to go on indefinitely. Lucky for them of course, but rather sad for Angel.

It had been the video sent from Sunnydale that had started Angel on the path of self distruction. In the days immediately after Angel's confession of guilt he had seemed to pick himself up a little. Then that video arrived, and the blackest depression closed in on the ensouled vampire. One that none of them seemed able to lift. The strange phone call had made things even worse. He had tried for so long to convince Angel it was Xander or some one just deliberately trying to hurt him, but Angel was too far gone to listen.

In order to keep Angel's sanity with them, they decided he couldn't ever be left entirely alone. Someone must be with him more or less twenty four hours a day. He and Gunn had moved their things into the hotel, their constant presence to remind the vampire that they needed him. But they could never get used to hearing the screams and shouting, the rage and fury. They had to endure listening to Angel beat and rape Spike over and over again as the miserable vampire forced himself to watch that tape. It was his nightly penance, least he ever forget just exactly what he had done.

If only they had simply phoned rather than send that tape! Oh, he knew they had their reasons, as they had said in the oh so short unsigned note. It was to warn Cordeilia. At least he hoped that was their real intention. Didn't they realise that Angel would get to see that video record of his attack on Spike? But surely they hadn't intended to drive Angel insane? Had they made that phone call? Surely not. Surely Buffy had enough feelings left to realise Angel would have lost Angelus forever? Did they think that Angelus' actions that night wouldn't haunt Angel every minute of every day since then? That he needed constant reminding?

In all the weeks past, Angelus had been remarkably noticeable in his absence. The demon core in his heart was now fully consumed by the soul, never to see Angelus rise again. It had been Angelus' own love for his William that had finally bound demon and soul into one being. One whole being that loved a now utterly dead vampire of their own creation. And their own destruction.

Even Kate Lockley coming into the agency hadn't rocked Angel out of his depression. His only concession had been to not watch the tape while she was on the premises. She had her own problems after all, and at least Angel didn't want to make them worse by driving her away.

When she'd been sacked from her job, she had attempted suicide. Some strange man had saved her. She gave a rather scant description of the whole event. The unknown man had resuscitated her, but all she could remember were his eyes. They were so blue, so filled with his own pain. Kate claimed that if ever she saw those eyes again, she'd instantly recognise him!

Wesley had the notion that this was just an excuse for the lonely woman to stare at every young man she met. Either way, he was eternally grateful she was around. So, should he thank heavens for small mercies, or opt for asking Kate to move in permanently? Perhaps if she did, Angel would stop watching the damn tape altogether? Maybe he'd even give himself time to heal?

Wesley stretched as he stood up, he reached over to turn the computer off and as he backed away from the desk he ran into a pair of very welcome arms.

"You broodin' again, Wes?" The warm voice of his lover whispered delicately in his ear.

"Brood? Me? I fear you're mistaking me for Angel, Charles. I ponder, I question and I consider, but I most assuredly do not brood!" He laughed gently as he turned in his lover's welcome embrace, a smile dancing over his lips, ready for Gunn's teasing humour to chase the blues away.

"Damn, I'd just hit on a new anti brood strategy and wanted to try it out! See, I was goin' to do this.." He kissed Wesley. "Then I was goin' to do this..." He ran a hand up under Wesley's shirt, tweaking a nipple, gently. "And then a bit of this.." He rubbed his erection against the welcome bulge he found hiding in Wesley's pants, and smiled slyly. "But, since you're not broodin' I'd better go try it on Angel instead.." Gunn kissed him hard, demanding, and stepped away from him as if ready to go find Angel. The look of annoyance that briefly flitted over his lovers face was a treat. Wesley was so very emotive he would never tire of watching his thoughts and feelings dance through his eyes.

"Oh, I didn't say I couldn't brood. If you want to practice, I can brood."

He kissed him again.

"Brood, I can go, brood, brood... brood."

Kisses ensued once more. Then strokes. Then tweaks. Then groans as hard cocks ground together.

Gunn broke their kiss, just briefly. Long enough for what he considered a sentence of olympic proportions, considering their circumstances.

"Bugger broodin', bed, now!" Gunn pulled Wesley to him once more, not noticing that he had let slip the mildest of English expletives he'd picked up from Wesley.

"Bugger brooding? Is that what you call this therapy? You want to bugger me or be buggered?" Wesley teased, delighting in scandalising his Charles so thoroughly.

"Wesley!" Gunn admonished his lover.

"Well?" Wesley teasingly challenged.

"Both." Gunn finally admitted, laughing at the delighted expression in his Wesley's eyes.

"Like a wise man once said, bed, now." Wesley whispered.

"At last, true recognition." Gunn took Wesley by the hand and led him to the elevator, towards the sanctuary of their bedroom.

As they crossed the foyer Wesley realised that the video wasn't playing.

"It's remarkably quiet, is Angel actually in?"

"Yup, so's Kate, so we go, now, and we enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts." Gunn paused for a kiss in front of the elevator.

It was, like many things in his life, the wrong thing to do. As his hands swarmed over his lover's pale flesh, the front door opened and a delicate cough sounded right behind him, almost scaring him into an early grave. Especially when the man in his arms opened one eye and acknowledged their visitor's presence.

"Oz! What brings you here?"

The lazy question gave way to instant alertness when this Oz person replied.

"Armageddon, apocalypse, end of the world as we know it. The usual stuff for a Monday." There was a single heart beat's quiet before he dropped the other shoe. "And of course Buffy's outside waiting to come in. Is Angel around?"

"Buffy!? What the hell is she doing here? Come to rip what's left of Angel's heart from him? Hasn't she done enough?" Wesley was into his defensive stride. He had spent long enough rebuilding what was left of Angel's shattered life to have Oz, Buffy or anyone else for that matter, come waltzing in and disrupting it. "She was the one who never can tell Angel from Angelus. She's the one that can't deal with her own problems without dragging Angel in. She's the one who... " a sound from behind him stopped him mid tirade.

"She's also the one who ain't involved with this guy, Wes. I don't recall any mention of an Oz outside of that tv show. You know, the one with the guys in prison an'.." It was Gunn's turn to be stopped in mid sentence.

"Of course, yes, well, Oz, you do know what's been going on between Angel and Buffy? About Spike?"

There was something about the smile that crossed Oz's normally stoic face that sent a chill up Wesley's spine. It made him even more reluctant to call Angel down.

A door slammed shut somewhere above them. Footsteps, male footsteps hurried along a corridor. A door slammed again. This time feminine footsteps echoed the hallway, followed by a disembodied voice.

"Look, Angel, all I said was get a life. All you ever do is sit up there and mould. It's gone way, way beyond brooding. If you're not fighting the biggest fuck of a demon in the sewers, you're lurking behind locked doors watching videos or something. So okay, something shitty happened, life sucks, shit happens. Get over it!"

That was the voice belonging to the feminine footsteps.

"Just back off Kate. Leave me alone!"

That was definitely Angel.

"You don't understand what the fuck you're talking about!"

And he was really, really livid.

"It has absolutely nothing to do with you. Leave me and my fucking unlife alone. You're more than welcome to work here, but keep the hell out of my private life. The optimum word there is private, ok? Butt out, now!" His footsteps reached the top of the stairs and paused only briefly.

Oz had one hand in his pants pocket, pressing the pager button he held for dear life. He wished he had the chance to hide a camera in the hotel foyer. He just knew the look on Angel's face was going to be an absolute gem.

The vampire glared down at the upturned face of a slightly amused werewolf. He had no idea why Oz was there, but was glad for the distraction. He guessed Kate would have the grace not to continue the argument in public.

"Oz? What are you doing here?"

Gunn and Wesley answered first .

"Armageddon, apocalypse, end of the world as we know it." Gunn supplied.

"The usual stuff for a Monday." Wesley added. "Or so it would seem."

"Trouble?" Angel asked, hurrying down the stairs, ready to face any monstrosity rather than endure another second alone with Kate. He watched where he was heading not wanting to fall down the stairs and make an even bigger fool of himself than he already felt. He didn't notice the formerly blond vampire walk in.

"You could say that, Peaches. But then, trouble always was your first, last and middle names, wasn't it?"

It was the first time any of them had seen a vampire faint.

___________

Oz had been right, the look on Angel's face, that split second before he passed out, had indeed been an absolute gem.

"Spike?" Wesley voice squeaked.

"Oh, do state the obvious." Spike looked to his sides and his escort of Slayers. "Those sofa's look comfy, shall we ladies?" He offered each of them an arm, more to hide his own hyper nervousness than good manners. Neither girl missed that fact, but neither girl was rude enough to decline his offer.

"Sure Spike." Buffy smiled up at her escort.

"Sounds good t'me too." Faith added.

"Did you notice the unconscious vampire on the floor?" Buffy leaned over and quizzed Faith once they were seated.

"I did, a bit unprofessional I thought." Faith replied.

"I thought Cordeilia was the one that wanted to play at being a cheesy actor type." Buffy added.

"Deilia? Acting? Wouldn't she need talent?" Faith asked.

"Apparently not!" Buffy sat back, sharing a cold hard smile with her co-slayer as she did so.

"What is going on?" Wesley crossed over to the seated trio and glared at the formerly bleached blond vampire and realised. Spike was definitely there, definitely unalive as a vampire ever was, and still pregnant. "The collar," he whispered, not sure what it was he wanted to ask.

"Can't come off without killing me and the child. Boy, aren't I the lucky one?" Spike's voice dripped with pure sarcasm.

Standing there, looking at him, knowing what Spike had suffered at Angelus' hand, Wesley couldn't really blame him.

"Up you get." Gunn's soft voice coaxed their friend onto his feet. The hand helping him up never left his friend's arm. Not even for a nano second. "You ok?"

Angel looked so confused, so lost, so desperate for his dream to be real, that Gunn's heart twisted into bigger knots than ever for his friend's pain.

"It is Spike, he's here, he's really here." Angel twisted free and lept towards the sofa and his childe.

"Spike!" He reached out, aching to touch him, to make sure he wasn't dreaming. As he went to pull the younger vampire into his embrace he noticed the prominent bump in Spike's belly. A split second before the fist shot out and punched him hard.

"Don't you dare touch me. Not a finger, not even a hair!" Spike snarled at his sire.

"Oh God Spike I'm sorry. So very sorry. It was Angelus, he was loose, he…" The stammering vampire was interrupted by his furious childe.

"Funny how it's never you when you do something purely evil. Isn't it?" The smaller vampire stood there, trembling with rage. All his fears fell aside in the wave of utter fury that washed over him. "See this?" He pointed to the bump in his belly. "This is a baby. Your fuckin' baby. An' I can't get rid of it, 'cos if I do, I die too. Don't give me sorry. You beat me, raped me, n' gave me this, isn't that enough? Sire?"

"Raped?" A quietly shocked female voice asked. It was obvious to Kate that both Angel and the blue eyed man he was staring at hadn't heard her. Blue eyed? She looked harder at the newcomer and his incrediblly hurt and angry blue eyes. She knew those eyes. She raised a hand and silently pointed at the red haired man as she turned to look at Angel.

Angel was shaking so badly his voice was barely a whisper. "I know. I knew what I'd done from the day after I got back here. But I thought you were dead." Tears ran freely down his face as he struggled to find the words to explain. "They sent me a video, it had everything recorded there. I saw exactly what I did to you, every single horrific moment. I watched as you ended it, and believe me, I knew it was all my fault. Angelus loved you so jealously. Twice that jealousy has aimed itself at the one he loved most. This time even he was broken by what he'd done, but it was all too late. At least that's what I believed. I don't understand how this miracle's brought you back to me. But it *was* you that phoned. You are really here, and with our child." Angel reached out to try and touch the living bump Spike carried.

"Child?" Kate asked, a little louder. Still not getting any attention from the involved and deeply divided occupants of the room. She was now really confused, since when could men have children together?

Spike backed away and growled. "I have not come back to you. Don't touch me - or her. Do you understand? She's my child now. Get this clear. She is my child. Mine! She will never be yours. Ever!"

Spike glared furiously into Angel's eyes. His sire stared back stunned for a second, then dropped his gaze and just stood there hunched and defeated.

The smaller vampire's words were sinking in. A daughter, his beloved Spike was carrying their daughter. For a moment his undead heart soared, then crashed heavily. His crime would be punished. He would never be allowed to know her. "At least you're alive, thank God." he whispered.

"On the contrary, foolish vampire, that misbegotten sod of a God you pray to had nothing to do with Spike's survival. We did." Hera swept into the hotel in full regal glory. Every inch the Queen of the Gods. "I am Hera. I guide Spike's journey. Not you. Not your God. Now sit down and be quiet!" She pointed to another chair and Angel was compelled to sit. He was very quiet.

How could he mind. He had a good view of his childe, and right now he would settle for just sitting there gazing at him forever; pregnant, furious, and still just …amazing.

Kate looked at the older woman that had just joined them. Hera? What kind of name was that? The only time she'd ever heard a name like it had been in that tv show with the big buff guy in ugly leather pants. That Hera?

"Hera? Goddess of whatever Hera?"

This time the strong willed women with her blue eyed rescuer took notice and nodded in response.

"Now, we have a battle to get ready for. Clear all mortal men out of here, and we shall begin." Hera swept fully into the foyer, ignoring the outraged shouts from Wesley and Gunn until she stood face to face with them.

Battle? Mortal men out of there? That was enough, Kate stood there chanelling her inner cop. If trouble was brewing then she wanted all the details now!

"Will some one please explain to me just what is going on here?" She yelled this time. And was still ignored. Her rescuer and her seriously broody friend were staring at each other. One with a look of fear, the other with a hunger and longing. All the while Angel looked at blue eyes it seemed that Wesley and Gunn couldn't look away from the new woman amongst them.

Niether man would take this woman dismissing them like that, no matter who she was. If there was going to be a battle, they would face it as they always did, side by side with their vampire friend. The Goddess of Marriage sighed, they could't be expected to understand the risk they caused. She looked into the souls of the young men before her and saw their love bonding them together. She smiled. Her sons and daughters would have run from that smile, but to the mortal men it looked so benign.

Gunn was suddenly very aware of the heat radiating from Wesley's body. The smell of his lover's warm skin reminded him of safety, of comfort of their previous nights passion. He couldn't help it he was getting hard just remembering being with Wes.

"I beg your pardon, Madame, whomever you say you are, but I will not leave my friend and employer to the less than tender mercies of these two Slayers!" The way Wesley pronounced the word 'slayers' would have his audience believe he had just given voice to the foulest curse word the world possessed.

The Goddess swung to look at him. She said nothing, just stood there looking at him. Then she raised a single eyebrow and smirked at him. Wesley tried to step away from her but collided with Gunn's body instead.

"You okay, Wes?" Gunn held on as he felt their bodies touch. He would swear his body was vibrating at all the points it connected with Wesley's.

As soon as they connected Wesley was aware of Gunn's desire for him. For him! Of all humanity that wonderful man loved him. He wished he could sing it from the stars, that wonderful Gunn loved him, emotionally, spiritually and blessedly physically. He really needed some of Gunn's anti brooding therapy. In him, pounding his body in to the mattress, and right now!

He couldn't pull free of those wonderful arms if he even tried

Angel looked away, briefly, as he smelled Gunn and Wesley's growing arousal. The foyer reeked of 'fuck me pheromones' and that sweet scent was having an effect on him. As he felt his own body hardening he quickly glanced back at his Spike. He had died his hair, he looked so much like his beloved William it was as if Hera had plucked him from the past, just ready for him to love again. Yet, he knew this was not his mortal William but the demon infested Spike he had created out of a jealous rage. All because he couldn't stand the idea of his William fathering babies. How perverse that he had now fathered a baby in his William's body.

If only he hadn't let Wolfram and Hart get to him, Angelus wouldn't have been able to win his last freedom. He wouldn't have tortured his Spike. But then also, Spike wouldn't be carrying their baby. A little girl! Angel couldn't stop looking at his William, and the bulge that was their daughter. He vowed to himself he would protect both of them. No matter what Spike had said, somehow he would allay his fears. If there was even the smallest chance, he would fight to win him back. Both of them.

Angel closed his knees on his palm together hands, trying to crush the growing erection he was sprouting by will power alone.

"Look, can we get on?" Buffy could smell something, she wasn't too sure what, but it flowed from Wesley and the black guy holding onto him for dear life. "War, wicked evil Goddess, good nice Goddess, save the world for the forces of good and order and little babies?"

"Red's not here with the others yet." Spike looked at Buffy as he spoke. He turned away almost immediately, as if he couldn't stand to look at the blonde woman's face.

Buffy's face reflected her hurt at his turning away from her. He wasn't angry, he didn't shout, it was clearly his indifference that affected her so strongly. He wasn't sure how long Buffy had known Spike was once more unalive as ever he was. And to be truthful Angel didn't want to think on how long she had kept this a secret from him. That way lay anger and he never wanted to visit that rage anywhere near Spike ever again. But she should have told him. Trusted him enough to know Angelus was gone, that Angel ...

How was she to know? She was the Slayer, not Omniscient! But wasn't Hera a Goddess of some sort? Shouldn't she have known? And done what? Told his terrified childe that it was okay, Angel wouldn't rape him anymore? At least he didn't trust Buffy any more than he would seem to trust him. He had turned away from her, physically.

It was a spark of hope for Angel, he felt sure it meant Spike no longer fancied himself in love with Buffy. Probably didn't even like her either. Yet, there he was, with her sitting by his side, right were the dark vampire longed to be.

"And there're randy mortal guys wanting to make out in the room. D'you think they'll let us watch?" Faith added her own spin on the events unfolding before her very eyes. She had never thought of Wesley as a sensual being, but the smell in the air proved her so very wrong. She leared at her former watcher and his boyfriend.

"Eww, Wesley's Wesley, he doesn't do sex. He's Wesley!" Buffy squealed, rather disgusted at the very notion of her former watcher and sex.

"Doesn't do sex! Fuck! Girl, what planet are you on? Planet Blonde perchance? Damn right Wes does sex, and with me. So hands off!" Gunn pulled his lover against him, firmly, rubbing his hard cock against Wesley's butt.

"Then, go, be with your Wesley. Be safe!" And Hera pushed the last bit of power at them. In the blink of an eye they knew why Hera wanted them gone. That they were in deepest danger if they stayed. And more so that their friends were also in deadly danger if they didn't leave immediately.

Wesley nodded, agreeing with the woman he now accepted was a Goddess. He turned to Angel and reached for his friend. Getting his attention with a light touch to his shoulder he knelt beside him, whispering.

"Slowly, Angel, gently. Bugger making your father proud, make your mother proud instead." He smiled at his friend and smiled over at Spike too. "Good luck, in everything." Rising, he crossed to Gunn's side. "Where can we go to be safe?" He asked Hera.

"Let them go to our place. Show them, Hera, please?" Spike offered the safety he knew the mortal's would find in his home, with Giles there too.

Hera transferred that knowledge to them too. And bade them farewell.

"I know where that is.." Gunn's deep voice faded swiftly as the night swallowed both men heading off to the truck Gunn drove.