RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


They didn't speak much as Ms. Briggs drove them uptown to Dr. Milton's office. She pulled into the parking garage, luckily finding a slot not far from the elevator. It was just going on nine forty-five in the morning. The moon had set at seven a.m. and the debriefing had taken a little over two hours. Feral was grateful that it had been the same time of day when he had left Galanon so that he wasn't completely sleep-deprived. Though he hadn't really slept well over the past week.

He followed the Deputy Mayor as she took them up five floors and then through a set of twin oak doors that led into a comfortable and richly decorated waiting area. The secretary's kiosk was a semi-circle desk with the latest electronic hardware known to katkind at one end of it. The efficient and handsome looking Balinese flashed them a warm smile as they walked up to her desk.

"Good morning, who are you seeing today and may I have the name of the patient?" She asked politely.

"I'm Deputy Mayor Briggs, I called Dr. Milton just a little while ago and he said he could make time to see Commander Feral. It's an emergency." Callie said in a quiet voice.

The secretary's eyes widened in confused surprise as she looked up at the massive tom who had an unhappy look on his face.

"If you'll wait just a moment, ma'am. I'll go check with Dr. Milton and see if he's ready for you." She said politely, not certain what to make of this but figured it might have something to do with enforcer business. She returned a few minutes later and gestured for them to enter the doctor's office. She closed the door quietly behind them.

The office was comfortable and had personal touches here and there. A slimly built older Tonkinese stood up to greet them.

"A pleasure to meet you both. Please have a seat." He said politely taking his own behind the moderate sized oak desk with a computer at one end. "I must admit your call intrigued me, Ms. Briggs. Can you tell me a bit more of what's going on and why this needs to be done?" He asked once they were settled.

Callie looked toward the Commander, questioning with her eyes, if he wished to answer or should she. Feral sighed and indicated he would tell the doctor the barest minimum of what he needed to know to aid him. For the next thirty minutes he told Dr. Milton what had happened to him. When he finished, the good doctor just gaped at him in stunned disbelief. After some minutes of trying to digest this incredible story, he was forced to believe it since the Chief Enforcer of this city was not given to making such things up. As a matter of fact, the Kat struck him as a skeptic so the events he described had to have really happened. He felt a surge of pity for the huge tom. Rape was a hideous thing and just because he was male didn't make it any less traumatic.

Taking a deep breath and letting it slowly out, he began to plan what needed to be done to help the Commander escape the trap he was in. "I'm truly sorry this has happened to you and that you are forced to make a choice that most take time, love, and a mate to make. Pregnancy for hermaphrodite males is not an easy thing and just getting pregnant at all is very difficult even with fertility drugs. But since there is no option, we can only try and hope it works. I will need to test the one who is to be the father, however, to insure he is fertile or all your efforts will be worthless." He told them quietly.

"Oh, of course, you're right about that. It didn't even occur to me to think of that though I would think he would be but without having sired a kit yet there's no way to know. I'll contact him and have him see you right away. Uh, by the way, it's T-Bone of the SWAT Kats." Callie said.

The doctor's eyes widened and he looked at Feral in shock. 'Okay, this is really getting strange. Everyone knows how antagonistic Feral and the SWAT Kats are. The idea of Feral becoming pregnant by one of them was just too fantastic.' Dr. Milton thought in a daze. 'Man, this is really one for the books!'

"Uhh, thank you, Ms. Briggs. Perhaps you should have him come at near closing so most of my regular patients are gone." He suggested uneasily. It was bad enough his secretary was going to be shocked, it would be quite another if his patients saw the colorful figure here. Callie nodded in agreement.

"Now sir, I need to do a complete gynecological exam on you." Dr. Milton said getting up from his desk.

"How long will it take, doctor?" Ms. Briggs asked.

"A few hours, Ms. Briggs." He said.

"I need to get to my office, Commander. Do you want to call me for a pick up when you're through?" She asked turning to Feral.

"No, that's alright, Ms. Briggs. I'll make my own way back to Enforcer Headquarters. I thought I should check in and perhaps try and get some work done." He told her.

She nodded her understanding. She figured he would probably scare the wits out of that arrogant Lt. Commander of his when he suddenly 'ported into his office. She wished she could be there to see it, smirking inwardly at the thought. She bid him farewell and left.

Feral followed the doctor down to an examination room. In very little time, he had his blood drawn, urine taken, whole body examined and internally checked out. The last being the most humiliating. When he was done with that he was sent for a special cat scan and needle biopsy to extract some of his eggs to check their viability. That was the most painful part of the whole thing.

He was finally allowed to get dressed. When the doctor told him it would be a few hours before he had the results, Feral told him to call him and he would return to hear them. Dr. Milton said that would be alright then looked at Feral in puzzlement when the Commander warned him about his odd 'mode' of departure.

"A trick I picked up in that other world allows me to come and go quickly so don't be too alarmed. I'll return the same way." He said. He looked around for a moment to get a clear picture of the office then nodded and vanished. The doctor gaped at the space the Commander had been, in utter shock.

Feral took pleasure, though he didn't show it on his face, at the look of utter terror and shock on Steele's face when he appeared suddenly in the room. The Sergeant hid a small smile of his own at the blond Kat's panicked response.

"S-s-sir! How did you do that?" Steele stuttered jumping down from the Commander's pedestal desk.

"Something I wish I hadn't needed to learn." Feral said sourly. He was glad for one small favor, he hadn't been gone from this dimension so long that Steele would have had the opportunity to screw up his office. "Now bring me up to date." He ordered, unbuttoning his coat and handing it to the Sergeant then walking up to his desk and gingerly sitting down.

Still badly shaken, Steele gave his report. After he was done, the Sergeant quietly told him about the watch on the portal and who had been there while he was gone.

It made Feral feel strange that the SWAT Kats had been there every night with other scientists trying to decipher it's secrets. Now he would be using T-Bone to help him escape the trap spell. He didn't allow himself to think to closely about what the outcome was supposed to be. He had a feeling he was going to need counseling when this was over...his head and emotions were going to be soo screwed.

It was nearly the end of shift, when Dr. Milton finally called him. He 'ported into the doctor's office. He heard him gasp softly as he moved to sit in a chair in front of the doctor's desk.

"That is so disturbing, Commander." He said shaking his head then taking a breath, he began to tell Feral what he'd found. "Well, sir the good news is you are fertile, the bad news is your fertility cycle is retarded like most hermaphrodites. This means you don't have more than four cycles a year, if that and according to what you've told me, your last cycle was more than four months ago. As near as I'm able to calculate you won't be due again for another two months."

"Then that means I will have a heat cycle in another month since I already spent one of those two months on Galanon." Feral interjected.

"Hmmm, you're right! Then maybe it will work after all. If you were to far from a heat cycle, fertility drugs simply wouldn't have worked but because you're within a month of starting, we might have better luck. What might prevent it is the magical heat you suffer from being separated from that Lion thing. Your vaginal channel is already swelling in preparation as well as your hormone count rising. This situation could interfere with the fertility drug's ability to create an early heat in you." The doctor said in concern.

"Well we're hoping to solve that problem by tomorrow. If we do, then I'll return to start the drugs." Feral told him.

"Ohh...well alright. If we do start the drugs, it may take as long as a month to work." He cautioned the Commander.

Feral grimaced in concern. "That may be cutting things very close but there's nothing more we can do unless someone finds a way to remove the spell without me getting pregnant and so far that's a very long shot." He sighed dispiritedly.

"Then I will hope we are successful, Commander. I'll wait to hear from you and also tell you whether your partner is fertile as well." The doctor said as he stood to bid his patient good bye."

"Thank you for trying to help me during this difficult time. I'll get back to you very quickly." Feral said solemnly then he 'ported away...this time for his apartment.

He sighed happily seeing his home after so long. He wasted no time in stripping his clothes off and jumping into the hot shower. He didn't miss the harem pool at all. He luxuriated in it for a long time before finally shutting it off reluctantly then stepped under the dryer. Gods! How he missed this!

When he was done he put on sweats and t-shirt and made his way to the kitchen to see if there was anything edible in the fridge.

Heading on into the kitchen, he had a feeling he was not going to like what he found in his fridge. When he opened it, he sighed. He hadn't made time to shop recently and his fridge was bare. Since the milk was in cans, it hadn't spoiled and grabbed one and shut the door. Sighing again, he looked around. He really didn't feel like making a meal. Ordering one sounded like great idea but as he reached for his phone, he realized he had a new problem. The King had made his wallet vanish besides his clothes.

"Kat's Alive! Now I have to get new ID and other cards and replace the money I'd had inside." He growled aloud. Suddenly a thought came to him...he concentrated for a moment then opened his eyes and looked down at the table beside him. There sat the money he'd had in his wallet. He swallowed nervously. Okay that wasn't such a good thing. It meant he could conjure money whenever he wanted to. He grit his teeth and swore that he would never use his magic for that. He had conjured only what Bloodnor had taken, no more...no less...the temptation was too great to do that ever again.

Shoving the disturbing discovery aside he ordered a meal from his favorite eatery. Now thoroughly tired, he went to his recliner. Sitting down he grabbed his remote and flicked on the TV and put on the news while he waited for his meal to arrive. He wanted to feel normal again and find out what was happening around the city, he was so glad to see again.

An hour and a half later, after enjoying his first solid meal since his return, he shut off the TV and headed for bed. Unfortunately, sleep eluded him. Though he was very tired, his body was now revving up for mating. No matter how hard he tried, he spent the rest of the night tossing, napping, moaning and tossing again.

Desire burned hotly and all he could see in his mind was Bloodnor. Whenever he would finally drop off, he would dream of being taken by the Lion then jar awake in fear that he might 'port to him but that never happened. What it did do was leave him wet, hot, and mewing desperately in desire.

By the time dawn arrived he couldn't stand it. He climbed groggily from bed and took a hot shower which made things worse so he switched to barely tolerable cold water. Shivering, he stepped under the dryer. He couldn't go to work like this, so instead of putting on a uniform he dressed himself in slacks and shirt with slip on shoes. Focusing was hard as tired as he was but he finally managed to picture the museum foyer. The museum was closed and the night watchman was elsewhere so didn't see Feral's odd arrival. Feral quickly made for the room he had altered. Stepping inside, he closed the door behind him quietly. The room was still as he had conjured it.

He lit the fireplace with a thought then stripped his clothes off and laid them over one of the massive chairs. He paused before going to the bed, to pull out his phone. He left a message for his Sergeant then shut the phone off , putting it away in his clothes again.

He languidly made for the huge bed. He flipped the bedding back then slid onto the mattress. He sat for a moment trying to get some kind of control over himself but it was of no use the need was far too strong. Mewing loudly he stretched and rolled himself all over the bed trying to relieve his need. His mating calls were for one who was too far away to hear them.