RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


BEYOND THE SHADOW OF THE MOON

Chapter 13: Revelations and a Request for Help

It was the second night of Feral’s disappearance and T-Bone was bored.  The scientists had been swarming the portal nearly round the clock since it first appeared but they were no closer to figuring out where it came from nor why it was still here. Though the good news was no one else had been snatched.

He yawned.  Razor and Professor Hackle hadn’t been able to sleep so were back at the portal at two in the morning and now it was nearly dawn.  With only the hint of daylight growing, he was surprised when Professor Sinian and Callie walked up from the parking lot.

“Kinda early for you gals, isn’t it?” He asked from his position leaning against a tree a few feet from the portal.

“Oh, hi, T-Bone.  I would say the same to you,” Callie responded.

The big tabby snorted.  “Razor couldn’t sleep and I wouldn’t let him come by himself so here I am,” he sighed.

Briggs smiled in commiseration.  “Well, that was my reason as well I’m afraid.”

“I too,” Abi Sinian said, nodding at him warmly before moving off to speak with the others knew the portal.

Callie moved closer to the big SWAT Kat and stared at the portal pensively.  “Will we ever get Commander Feral back?” she asked aloud.

T-Bone glanced down at her a moment before looking back at the portal himself.  “I don’t know Ms. Briggs but I know Razor won’t give up trying to figure that thing out,” he said more seriously.

Before she could respond, the sun’s first fingers of light hit the portal and suddenly it began to glow.

“Get back!” Razor shouted, dragging both Hackle and Sinian back with him.

Sgt Fallon had just arrived at the park when he saw the sudden spike in light.  He hurriedly summoned the second in command and more back up to the force ringing the park already, while he ran toward the group staring at the now active portal.

The moment he arrived beside the SWAT Kats a figure stepped out of the bright pool of light.

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~
Being tossed around and blinded by the overwhelming energies of the portal, Feral couldn’t tell which way was up but suddenly everything stopped and he found himself standing on his feet with the morning light of his planet’s sun shining down on him. 

His first reaction was one of joy and relief but before he could move forward another, more nasty thought intruded. It was just dawn here now but he had been with Bloodnor the night before. How did that translate to here and just how many days did he have left before he craved the King's touch again?  He had a bad feeling it wasn’t very long.

Feral sensed many eyes watching him which pulled him away from his unhappy thoughts forcibly.  Eyeing him in concern were his assistant, Sgt Fallon and next to him was the SWAT Kats??? (well maybe that was a good thing).  Next to them was Ms. Briggs (surprising considering the incredibly early hour).  And more surprising yet were seeing Professor Hackle and Dr. Sinian (oh, wait, she’s perfect for what I need) here as well. 

"Are you alright, sir?" Sergeant Fallon spoke first, when it looked like the Commander was just going to stand there.

"Glad to be home but that won’t last so no not really,” Feral responded, distracted by his problems and the solutions he would be forced to seek to solve them.

Fallon frowned, confused by what the Commander had said.

“What, do you mean by that Feral and will this portal remain here?”  Razor demanded to know.

Steele and more Enforcer suddenly poured into the clearing but when there was no new threat but the appearance of their Commander, Steele had the troops go replace the ones on duty and went to hear what was going on.

“The portal will remain until it take me back again,” Feral responded flatly.

“What?” T-Bone exclaimed.

“Why?” Steele asked, the same time.  He turned to scowled angrily at the SWAT Kat but Feral halted any fighting between them.

“That I’ll have to discuss in private.  How long have I been gone from here?” he asked.

Surprised, Professor Hackle was the one to answer.  “Just two nights and a day, Commander.”

Feral grimaced unhappily at that news.  Turning to Steele, he demanded, “what precautions have you done to protect this site?”

“There’s a cordon around the park, sir.  No one gets in except for the scientists that were trying to figure it out,” Steele answered.

"Good! Continue doing that while I try to solve my other problems and no one is to come near it at all not even scientists.  It is purely magical in nature and controlled by a ruler on another planet so nothing we do will effect it,” Feral stated baldly.  He turned away from his second in command and assistant to face Dr. Sinian and the SWAT Kats. 

“Unfortunately, I will need all three of you to help me solve the problems I have and there isn’t much time.  I think the best place for this discussion would be the museum, Dr. Sinian, so that we will have access to your extensive library on magic." Feral said grimly.  The parties he named stared at him in surprised confusion.

"I'd like to come along, Commander. I need to keep the Mayor informed on what we're planning to do about this portal," Ms. Briggs interjected quickly.

Feral sighed but nodded. "Fine, though I'm not certain I can teleport such a large group nor am I certain the magic I gained works here but I’m anxious to not lose anytime so please gather together closely and we’ll see if this works.”

Everyone stared at him in puzzlement and not a little concern for his sanity but did as he asked to humor him and perhaps get the answer they needed sooner.

Feral ignored their skeptical looks and closed his eyes. First he pictured the entryway of the museum, the only part he was familiar with, then willed the magic to take all that were with him and to that location.

He felt an odd wrench and the beginnings of a small headache when a variety of gasps made him open his eyes.  They were in the foyer of the museum.

'Well, damn, it worked!' He thought a bit blearily then his stomach demanded attention.

He groaned, "Dr. Sinian, I truly hope you have some food around. I haven't had a decent meal in days and after doing this much magic, my head is throbbing adding to my empty stomach’s growling.

"Oh...of course Commander.  Please, follow me to my office. I've got some things in my mini fridge." Dr. Sinian said still a bit shaken at how they had arrived at the museum.

"Wow! Magic...you did magic! Where the hell did you learn that?” Razor asked, amazed.  T-Bone was still too stunned to comment as was Ms. Briggs as they trailed behind Dr. Sinian while they regained their senses.

"Just wait, SWAT Kat, you’ll know soon enough,” Feral said grimly, as they reached the doctor's office and took seats near her desk as she went to rummage in her fridge for food.

"I’m still shaking from our rather abrupt trip but I think what’s happened to you must be much more serious, Commander.  We’re listening,” Callie said, patiently.

"I think it would be a good idea to record this conversation for use in my report and if I fail to solve the problem, you can use it to try and continue to find a solution," Feral advised.

"That's a very good idea, Commander. Here...there's a sandwich, milk, and some fruit for you. Give me a moment to set up my recorder and we'll get started," Dr. Sinian said as she handed some food to Feral then turned to retrieve a recording device from a cupboard.

Feral ravenously ate his makeshift meal. By the time Dr. Sinian was set up and ready he had finished all the food she had given him.

"Goodness, you really were hungry, Commander,” she said warmly. “Alright we're ready when you are.”  She activated the machine.

Feral briskly reported what had happened before he was taken then, more reluctantly, went on to tell the tale of his time spent through the portal. He gave a quick overview of Galanon and Celestor Castle and its King and people.  He went on to explain, the species headlong plunge toward extinction due to no new births, their immortality, ability to use magic to heal all but death, dependency on magic for everything in their lives, and, especially, how time differed between Megakat City and Galanon.  That last jerked a response from the tabby.

"A month?" T-Bone blurted in disbelief.

"It is another dimension, T-Bone. It's not surprising it might function differently from us," Razor said absently as he absorbed what Feral had told them and what he hadn’t said.  “So why did they take you, Feral?” he asked, frowning.  The big tom hadn’t mentioned the reason during his lengthy explanation.

Feral stilled, he knew this question would come up, of course, but now that it was here he found himself reddening with shame and reluctance. None of it was his fault but still he couldn't shake the humiliating treatment he'd received at the paws of the King.

Callie on his left and Razor on his right realized at nearly the same time that the subject was causing Feral some kind of emotional pain.  What had he suffered there?

“I’m sorry Commander, but whatever it was, we need to know as you said you needed out help but that can’t happen until we know everything that happened to you,” Razor said, gently.

Feral grimaced and swallowed uneasily.  T-Bone frowned, wondering just what could be that upsetting to the big tom.  He cleared his throat.  "The King wanted me as a breeder!"

Everyone blinked at that.  “Uh, okay but if that’s what he wanted why didn’t he just take Razor, me and your sergeant with you?” T-Bone asked, confused.

Feral shifted uncomfortably in his seat and stared at a far wall, unable to look at any of them. "Because he favored males and I was exactly what he sought as his new consort!" He said thickly, unwilling to elaborate further.

T-Bone blinked in confusion, still not understanding then the light went off in his mind.  His mouth opened in shock then snapped shut as his mind tried to grabble with the horror of what Feral had to be and what he must have endured under the King’s paws.  His face flushed with anger and sorrow.  No one, not even the tough Enforcer should have been forced to suffer that.

It took the other’s a bit longer to realize what T-Bone had guessed though not Razor.  Their eyes widened in shock.

“Crud, Feral...the whole time you were there?" the tabby asked shakily, unwilling to say what he’d guessed aloud.

Not able to look any of them in the eyes, Feral nodded and gave them only the barest details of his treatment at the paws of the King. The room fell silent and they couldn't help but stare at the Commander in horrified pity.

Razor finally broke the silence. "So what are these problems you say must be solved and what can we do to help you?" He asked softly.

Feral’s expression was bleak when he began his explanation.  "First, the portal will remain where it is until the next full moon.  Secondly, I will be drawn back into the portal at that time if I’m not pregnant.  Three, there is a trap spell on the portal so if I do not become pregnant here or by Bloodnor there, I will continue to be taken back and forth until I am.  Whichever side wins in getting me pregnant, will be where I stay for the rest of my life.  Fourth, to bind me to him, Bloodnor cast a spell on me when he took me the first time.  Every three days we’re drawn together to mate whether we want to or not and that is my other serious problem.  I must be bonded to another male or I will simply go crazy when the three days since I was last with Bloodnor is up.”

“Crazy how?” Razor asked, frowning.

“Like a she-kat in extreme heat and no male able to quench it,” Feral said flatly.

The females squirmed in sympathy.  That was too hideous for either of them to even contemplate.

“So how long ago did you mate with him before you returned here,” Dr. Sinian asked, afraid the poor tom might not have any time for them to find a solution.

“That’s what I’m not certain of.  To me it was only last night but here....” Feral shrugged, helplessly.

"Hmmm, I can only hazard a guess, but I'm afraid you may be out of time by tomorrow morning,  Commander," Razor said unhappily.

"Great!" Feral moaned rubbing his forehead.

"Crud! You’re really screwed.  So no female or male can help with that, eh?” T-Bone asked, unwilling to believe just having sex couldn’t help the tom.

"He just told you buddy that this Bloodnor fellow cast a spell so this heat condition isn’t natural and requires another spell to either cure it or change it,” Razor told him firmly.

“That’s about the size of it,” Feral said miserably.  “It doesn’t help that only he can take me.  When one of his guests slipped into our quarters during a dinner party and raped me, it hurt just as any normal rape would but despite the King essentially raping me every time he laid paws on me, his touch was always pleasurable, no matter how I truly felt in my mind. My body wasn’t my own.”

T-Bone shook his head.  He truly felt sorry for the Commander.

Feral sighed. "I'm not certain we can break the bond, however, because I have to be dominated by someone as strong as Bloodnor and I'm not sure I'll allow another male near me.  And if that wasn’t bad enough, getting pregnant for someone like me is difficult in the first place.  I will say, I never came into heat while I was with Bloodnor but I may not come into heat during the month I’m here either so what do I do about that?”

“One problem at a time, Commander.  Let’s deal with you needing to mate by tomorrow before we deal with the pregnancy and return one,” Razor said.  “Now, I think I may have a solution for the first problem but it depends on what kind of magic you’re capable of.”

"Let's hear it!" Feral said tensely.

"What if we take an empty room here in the museum and you make it look exactly like the King's bedroom then you change some willing Kat into a semblance of him. Just maybe it will allow you to accept the substitute long enough for a bonding transfer to occur. Also, for it to be really effective though, you should wait until you are craving him so badly that you won't be able to resist that easily," Razor suggested.

"It might work," Feral said slowly thinking it through. "I'm sure I can alter a room but I've never seen anyone alter someone's form so I'm not sure I can either"

"Won’t know until we give it a try, Commander,” Razor said, then turned to Dr. Sinian to ask, “ You got something that will work for this experiment, doc?”

“Hmm, perhaps....” she thought a moment. “...yes....I do, an empty exhibit room,” she said, getting up and heading for the door, the rest following her.  She led them to an elevator and pressed for an upper floor. A quick trip up and she was soon leading them down a long hall until they came to a closed room. Using her keys, she unlocked it and opened the door, flicking on the lights. It was a good sized room with no windows. "Will this do?" She asked.

"It should." Feral said looking around. "Please be silent while I give this a try." He asked as he concentrated on picturing the King's bedroom. After about ten minutes, a new room superimposed itself on the original. Everyone stared in amazement at the transformed space.

"An exact replica!" Feral said in pleased amazement.

"Wow! That's really cool Feral!" T-Bone said looking around. "So this is where you lived for a month."

"Yeah...." Feral said with a shiver. Looking at this again made him uneasy.

"Okay, now that we have the setting we now need the volunteer," Razor reminded them.

There was silence for some minutes then a pained voice spoke.

"I volunteer.  After all, there really isn’t anyone else we can involve with this and if Feral does get a bit pissed off and tries to send me through a wall, at least I know how to defend myself,” T-Bone said, grimly then grinned wickedly to try and dispel the seriousness of this endeavor, “...and besides, I’m just as dominant as he is so I have a better chance of winning.”

“Think highly of yourself, don’t you?” Feral scowled.

“Just the truth, big guy.”

"Okay, don’t start a fight here, T-Bone,” Razor said, a bit disgusted and worried.  He wasn’t sure his partner remembered that just sex wasn’t involved here.  Conception of a kitten was required as well.  He’d have to speak to him later about what his commitment to this would be when all was over.  “So you have your volunteer, Commander.”

Feral grimaced angrily. Again he was given no choice of a mate and it was a SWAT Kat this time...damn it! His life just couldn't get any worse. Gritting his teeth, he shoved that dismay aside and concentrated on attempting to alter T-Bone's form but after more than fifteen minutes, he finally gave it up, rubbing his throbbing head.

"It's no use. I can't alter his form." He admitted somewhat painfully.

"Perhaps you could just place a seeming around him, Commander. An illusion as it were." Dr. Sinian suggested after a moment's thought. "After all, emotionally you need to see Bloodnor but intellectually you need to accept another male to bind to you so, although you 'see' the King, you'll 'smell and feel' another."

"Hmmm, I think she's on to something, Feral. Give it a try anyway!" Razor agreed.

Sighing and trying to ignore his aching head, Feral focused on T-Bone again. This time he tried to place an image of Bloodnor around the tabby. At first only a ghostly shape appeared but then it solidified, hiding T-Bone’s true form completely. He could feel nothing but everyone else could now see the leader that had taken Feral.

"Oh heavens! Now that is one formidable looking individual. He'd give even Dark Kat a run for his money," Callie said, shivering, as she stared at the huge lion-like creature.

T-Bone strolled over to a mirror and stared, jerking back in shock at the image that looked back at him.  “Crud!  That's one scary dude. You have my respect, Commander, for having survived being with him."

Feral felt a warmth fill him at T-Bone's comment until he realized it was Bloodnor's image that was making him hot and bothered. He groaned inwardly.

"Okay now that we know you can do it, go ahead and remove it for now. Will this room remain or do you have to recast it?" Razor asked.

"I don't know. I guess we can leave it and see if it stays," Feral said with a shrug then closed his eyes and removed the seeming from around T-Bone.

"Okay, there’s problem number one solution, hopefully.  Meanwhile, I guess you need to see a fertility specialist for problem number two,” Razor said.

"I think I can help you find someone, Commander," Ms. Briggs interjected, remembering a colleague telling her about just such a specialist. "Let me check with someone then we can see if they can squeeze us in as an emergency today. If I speak for you in my capacity as Deputy Mayor we might get the help you need that much quicker." She pulled out her cell phone.

“Thank you Ms. Briggs,” Feral said, relieved.  Though he didn’t like the direction his life was going, the one thing he did know was he never wanted to return to Galanon so he would do whatever he it took to keep him home.

"So, everything set.  We’ll just wait until you contact us about the bonding spell.  Right now I want to go home, I’m bushed,” T-Bone said, stretching and yawning.

"I'm for that, buddy," Razor agreed.

"Stand together then and I'll send you back to your jet," Feral said.  Eyeing him leerily, they complied.  He closed his eyes, muttered the spell and sent them on their way.

"I think I'll do a little poking through my books on magic from Queen Callista's time and see if she ever encountered or used anything like the trap spell, Commander," Dr. Sinian said distractedly to Feral as her mind was already focusing on the problem.

“Thank you, doctor,” he said.  She nodded and left him and Callie as she returned to her office.  The deputy mayor finished her phone call moments later and turned to him.

"We're in luck, Commander Feral. Dr. Milton says he can see you right now. So if you'll send us back to my car we'll go."

Feral gestured for her to get close then he pictured the part of the park that held the portal and teleported them there. He didn't look at the portal as he followed Ms. Briggs to her car, nodding at his enforcers as he passed by, startling them. They had known he was back but it was a bit unsettling to know he could come and go with just a thought.