RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


He spent a miserable weekend pacing and trying to come to a decision. He'd still not called a specialist and he had only three more days before Mewser carried out his threat. Adding to his woes, there was a rumor filtering through the criminal ranks that something big was about to happen.

Because of it, many criminals were evacuating the city. This was not good! He suspected it meant Dark Kat was getting ready to make his move. He contrived to send a message to the SWAT Kats so now they were all on high alert waiting for the creep to make his move.

All these pressures were getting to him. His appetite was poor and sleep was becoming difficult to attain. He found himself wrapping his arms around himself trying to find some kind of comfort more and more often.

To break away from all the grief that was troubling him, he grabbed his coat and keys and went out to the store. He needed a few things and perhaps doing something so mundane would give his mind a rest.

Sunday's were quiet in the part of town he liked to go, so he wasn't surprised to find the parking lot fairly empty. He was about to climb out when his internal alarm went off, wildly. Halting his movement, he searched around tensely. It was late afternoon and there was no one around.

What was warning him? Suddenly a loud chittering filled the air and pink creeplings surrounded his truck. Since his door was open, four of the things quickly grabbed him and yanked him from his vehicle. Pulling his laser out he fired at many of them, taking them out but there were too many and soon he was disarmed, being carried aloft to some unknown destination.

Fortunately, his cries and the sound of his laser fire, brought people out. Someone called the enforcers quickly but not quick enough to find the Commander. An intense search of the area was conducted but there was no sign of where Dark Kat had taken Feral.

The SWAT Kats learned of the abduction on the news as they watched TV and relaxed.

"Crud! What the hell does Dark Kat want with Feral?" Chance blurted in shocked dismay.

"Revenge I imagine. That means we've got to find that creep before he can kill Feral," Jake said grimly, lunging from his seat and heading for their hangar.

Chance scrambled after him and very soon the two were cruising over the city, joining the search for the missing Commander.

Meanwhile, a cold and miserable Feral was manhandled not too gently across the city until the flock of creeplings dropped down from the cloud cover they'd used to hide him as they flew, to a dilapidated old factory at the end of warehouse row. It made him sick to realize the deadly omega had been hiding less than a mile from the club he frequented often.

They flew in through an open transom window on the roof then down to the cement floor below. The nasty little creatures dropped the tom a few feet from the floor then flew up into the rafters to watch. Feral's heart leaped into his throat when Dark Kat leaned over him.

"Well, well...welcome Commander. Now that I have you, my plans can go forward while leaving your enforcers leaderless," he rumbled coldly.

Feral scrambled awkwardly to his feet and tried to find a way out while keeping Dark Kat some distance from him. He knew in a fight he was heavily out powered by Dark Kat and being pregnant made it even worse.

No one seem to know what had happened to this Kat for him to look the way he did. The only thing they did know was he was very strong and techno savvy despite being quite mad. And, apparently could move like a snake, as the huge Kat suddenly lunged forward and snatched Feral by his light windbreaker, yanking him up off his feet.

A fist he didn't see, slammed into his face sending him flying to connect with a nearby, square building pillar. The air was forced from his lungs and he slid to the floor, gasping in pain and trying desperately to get away but it was a doomed effort as Dark Kat again grabbed him again then began to beat him methodically.

All Feral could do was protect his belly and take it. Unconsciousness finally ended the torment for him. He woke much later, hurting badly and sick to his stomach, in a dark place that he thought might be a basement store room. The only light came from a small slit window high over his head. There was a pile of wooden boxes in one corner and nothing more. A heavy wooden door that he was certain was locked, kept him confined.

He was horribly thirsty as he struggled to sit up from the dirty floor. He moaned as he realized his left arm was broken and his head hurt terribly. Despite his predicament, his thoughts were on how the city would survive the attack Dark Kat was ready to deliver. He only prayed the SWAT Kats would win.

Dusk had fallen and no one had any luck trying to find Dark Kat's hideout. The SWAT Kats returned to their hangar in a subdued mood. They didn't want to think what Feral might be suffering under Dark Kat's heavy paws.

Over the past year, their relationship with Feral had been fairly amiable and they'd found him to be a really good ally in these bad times. So having him in the paws of their worst enemy, made them anxious and worried.

"He's getting ready to attack, I just know it," Jake said tightly, as he went to his work bench and set to working on some of the new devices he had laying there. He wore his g-suit but no mask, wanting to be ready to leave at any moment. Chance sighed and stood near.

"What do you want me to do?"

Distracted, Jake grunted without looking away from his work, "better reload and refuel, buddy."

"Right."

The night seemed to drag by slowly. Jake didn't knock off to get some sleep until nearly one in the morning. Knowing he needed to be alert, Chance had gone to bed after getting them a meal, cleaning up, and insuring there was nothing else he could do for Jake before trying to rest.

Around five in the morning, an alarm went off from Enforcer Headquarters. Jake had made sure they would hear about an attack the moment it happened by linking the enforcer radio they had to the alarm they used with Callie. Because of that foresight, they weren't left in the dark when Dark Kat made his first attack against the city.

However, no matter how fast they were, Dark Kat was already gone and an empty office building was left totally destroyed. It was no more than a block from city hall. Tense and worried, Feral's enforcers went out in force, beginning patrols and instituting Marshall Law. His second in command, Lt. Commander Lockfur ordered all Katizens to remain in their homes and not go to work or step outside for any reason.

This was one of Feral's orders he'd left in place to insure fewer innocents were harmed. Lockfur truly wished the Commander was here handling this now but he had his orders and he would do his best to protect the city.

Everyone was confused by Dark Kat's lightning attack...why an empty building and where was he now? The uncertainty made everyone uneasy and tense. The SWAT Kats remained in the air and patrolled the city with the squadrons of jets and choppers already in the air. Despite their attempts to cover the city as best they could, Dark Kat managed to strike again, this time he destroyed the Megakat Insane Asylum, killing everyone inside.

Shock rode the air ways as the defenders tried to desperately figure out what the omega was up to before another target was struck. They were hampered by not knowing how the omega was able to appear and disappear with no one seeing him.

Enforcers guarded the firekats as they put out the fire begun by the destruction of the asylum and the office building that still smoldered. The SWAT Kats utilized their foam bombs to help the fire department keep on top of the problem.

The next attack caused the most anguish and outcry. The Megakat Orphanage had decided to have all the kittens taken down into the basement when word of the attacks spread but even though a majority had been taken to safety, over twenty kittens and caretakers were killed when Dark Kat bombed it less than an hour after the asylum went up.

T-Bone screamed in fury while Razor let loose a string of curses when they arrived at the horrifying scene. Using their foam bomb to quickly put out the fire, Razor used their mega-laser to carefully remove the heavier debris that would allow the rescuers to get to the basement to reach the survivors.

Not able to help with the rescue, the SWAT Kats had to go back on patrol, trying desperately to find the elusive omega. Cold anger burned within Razor as he worked furiously to change his x-ray scanner to allow him to try and find Dark Kat. He suspected the omega was using some kind of light bending device to hide his ship so that conventional radar was blind to him.

When he finally had his newly altered scanner rigged up, he had T-Bone fly to city hall, nearly certain that would be the next target. He had a suspicion that after causing such havoc, DK was going to make a grab for the Mayor and Ms. Briggs.

He radioed Lt. Col Lockfur with his suspicions and asked for back up around city hall. Not having anything else to go on, Lockfur reluctantly ordered a squadron to them. Just as they arrived, Razor's guess was dead on. On his radar, he picked up an odd signal and found Dark Kats newly built black widow hovering above city hall.

"He's there above the clock tower! Everyone fire on him!" He roared over the radio. The air filled with ammo as everyone open fired on the invisible ship. Razor sent some of his new weapons at it and succeeded in taking out Dark Kat's shields as well as his new cloaking device.

Now visible, a furious Dark Kat hurried to escape but the pack behind him were like an angry hive of bees, furious and in a killing mood. Killing those kittens had assured no one would be willing to take him alive now and he knew it. He didn't know how they'd manage to pierce his cloaking but he intended on solving that for next time. Right now all he could do was get away and to accomplish that, he fired on the buildings he was passing causing even more havoc.

Despite his efforts, the SWAT Kats remained firmly on his tail and Razor finally managed to take out his guns. Now beyond furious, Dark Kat pushed his ship to its max. He would have his revenge even if he had to take it out of that miserable Feral's hide.

The omega had underestimated just how angry the city defenders could get when truly motivated. Just barely he managed to get ahead of the pack to land within his hideaway. He intended to take an underground escape route since flying was out now. He and his creeplings fled the black widow just as a powerful bombardment struck his building.

Below in the basement, Feral was awakened from a fever dream by dust, boxes falling, and the building shaking around him. Blearily, he huddled into a small ball to protect himself and tried to survive the cataclysm that was happening around him.

"Where is that miserable shit?" T-Bone growled as he searched the area after Razor sheared the roof off the building.

"There! He's trying to escape to the sewer system," Razor warned as he used his mega-laser to prevent Dark Kat from escaping. The omega was sent scuttling away.

Heading for a storage cabinet, the omega pulled out a huge weapon and aimed at them.

"Look out, T-Bone!"

T-Bone pulled the nose of the Turbokat up sharply just missing getting hit by the powerful plasma gun the omega was using.

Warning the enforcers off, they engaged the omega, trying to take him out. Meanwhile, the enforcers mixed it up with ninjas and creeplings, not holding back their anger as they swarmed over their enemies with sheer numbers.

"Wait, where is Feral?" T-Bone bellowed, feeling stupid that they'd let their fury make them forget that Feral was in danger somewhere below them.

"Shit! I don't know. Just a second!" Razor shouted back as he fired another missile at the omega keeping him on the run so he couldn't fire on them.

Taking a precious second while T-Bone kept them from harm, Razor quickly used his modified scanner to check the sub basement area.

After long tense minutes, Razor shouted, " there he is...he's in some kind of storage room. He's safe for the moment and alive. Let's take care of Dark Kat then get Feral out."

"Roger!"

The battle lasted another ten minutes when Razor finally got lucky at last. He ended up bringing down a whole wall on Dark Kat. The enforcers poured into the building and were able to determine the omega was finally no more. Landing their jet, they went in to lead the rescue of Feral.