RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +



Author's Chapter Notes:
This part is 3,649 words, and is dedicated to luvxander, who has been an enthusiastic reader of this story from the beginning, and who is luckily doing okay despite all of the aftermath of Katrina in his region.



*~*~*~*~*


"No, I know," Xander said. "Just back there, with the guys . . . " He shook his head before he continued. "It made me realize the really weird part out of everything that's happened."

Buffy nodded and stood very still, unconsciously bracing herself before Xander spoke again.

"It's not just that I have to do this, or I'm willing to -- but I want it now. The baby -- actually wanting it -- I guess I didn't expect that part."

"That seems good," Buffy said softly. She reached out gingerly to touch his stomach. "Do you think that's maybe because of the spell?"

He looked down at her small hand on his abdomen and took a deep breath.
"Nope. The magic voodoo whammy might have started everything, but this feels pretty damn real to me." He glanced up and smiled when he saw she was watching him intently. "And I'm starting to think . . . nah, forget it."

"What?" Buffy asked. "Come on," she said in a teasing voice when he hesitated.

"I think I just might make an okay parental-type guy," he said quickly.

She smiled widely at him. "You'll be a great dad."

Xander gave her a tentative nod, and then suddenly grinned as they exited the bar. "I sure hope so. Otherwise, Angel's going to have to pay a hell of a therapy bill for that kid down the line."