RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Leonard shifted his position on the couch. His back was still bothering him, but he refused to take any more pills for the pain now that it was down to a dull throb. This way, he could sit back and enjoy the little party in honour of baby Emily with a glass of bourbon, his first since all of this had started. He was ignoring Spock's disapproving looks as it wasn't as if he had to breast-feed. It was a minor miracle that the Abrbonians had forgotten to include that in the package, or maybe it wasn't something they did. Either way, Leonard was very grateful. He would be more grateful if he could enjoy his first taste of bourbon in months back in his own quarters, but that wasn't meant to be. Jim had decided that because Leonard had missed out on the baby shower, he'd switch plans to what he called a "Welcome the Newest McCoy" party. And it wasn't as if Leonard was averse to showing off his newest daughter any more than his older one. Speaking of which...

"Where the hell is Joanna?" Leonard asked as he scanned the room for his visiting daughter.

"Don't worry, Bones. She's in the other room with Christine and Chekov playing some games. I'm sure that head nurse of yours would take on anyone who might try something," Jim answered, sounding distracted. "Not that she's going to leave a permanent dent in wall like a certain someone did with your attacker."

Leonard felt a warm breath on his neck as Spock gave an inaudible sigh. "The damage could be repaired, Captain, if you would approve the work order. There is no need for everyone to be reminded of what happened to Ensign Smith."

"John Smith!" Leonard rolled his eyes at the name of his assailant. "He couldve signed the note and wed probably have assumed it was fake."

"Actually," Scotty said, weighing in on the discussion a little slowly. He, like the Captain, was only partially following the conversation. "It serves as a great warning. In case there are others crazy enough to follow suit."

"At least we don't have to worry about you setting someone else off by you getting pregnant again. I still can't believe the Abrbonians blackmailed you into listening to the most insincere apology I ever witnessed by claiming that they needed remove whatever it was they did to get you pregnant in the first place," Nyota added. Her contribution was impressive given she too was mesmerized by the sight of Spock's parents, more specifically Spock's father, as they bonded with their grandchild. It wasn't every day you got to see a grown Vulcan making faces and speaking baby talk. It was a rather disturbing thing to see, actually.

Leonard gave a little snort. "Insincere doesn't seem to cover it. The only thing they appeared to be genuinely sorry about was the one thing I was relieved to see happen."

Giving Spock a little poke in the ribs to distract the Vulcan from staring at his parents, Leonard said, "They really didn't like you, Spock. Wonder what you did to piss them off?"

"I assume that question is meant to be rhetorical as I am highly unlikely to be able to provide any true facts about the Abrbonian visit," Spock replied, turning away from the unsettling spectacle of his parents doting on Emily. "You are the only one who has an accurate memory of that time."

Leonard gave a little shrug. "Strikes me as something they'd incorporate into your new memories, that they'd want you to know why."

"They did not," Spock reassured him. "The feelings; however, are mutual. For a race that claims to be advanced, they are extraordinarily immature in their conduct. Blackmailing you into hearing and accepting their apology by refusing to ensure that you could not be impregnated again shows very little virtue on their part."

Leonard gave a little laugh as he leaned into Spock's shoulder. "Maybe we should have showed them the wall."