RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +



Author's Chapter Notes:
Notes: I love my beta, the Goddess, she can do no wrong!!



*~*~*~*~*


Walter shrugged. If Alex wanted to abort the fetus, that was fine with him. He could definitely do without another man impregnated by him, especially a man like Alex Krycek.

"I'm going to take a shower," he told Alex, then left him sitting at the dining room table still sifting through the papers.

Alex bit into a couple of stale, cold fries still on the table from last night and read more, seeing a correlation between Mulder's pregnancy and Scully's. The only problem was that Skinner did not fuck Scully. He shook his head, and thought 'well at least as far as I know...' He smiled at that. 'Walter seems to get around, doesn't he?'

He would have to find out about Skinner's activities just before Mulder was abducted. Maybe he and Scully...Alex frowned a moment, not liking the idea of Scully and Walter getting together. He pushed the thought away, realizing immediately the full potential of the information he was gathering, both real and in his mind. Scully's baby might not be Mulder's child after all. He grinned at that thought and continued to read more about those lovely machines in Skinner's blood.

*******

Mulder woke and noticed that Walter still had not come in. He sighed. 'He better answer the phone!' he thought as he reached over and pulled the phone to him, not wanting to move if not necessary. The baby seemed to be quite restless lately, tiring its host quickly.

A very familiar husky voice answered in an unusually silly tone, "Nanobytes R Us."

"Krycek, where is Walter?! I thought everything was going well? Why hasn't he come home? Or even called?"

"Hey babe, relax. Everything is fine, even that man of yours."

"Krycek, what have you done to my...to Walter?!"

"Hey, I am not staking a claim on him. He's all yours if you want him, Foxy."

"Where IS he?"

"Watch the voice, babe, you're upsetting dogs all over the neighborhood. He's in the shower."

Mulder let out a major sigh of relief, then turned his attention back to the phone.

"Are you trying to make..." he stopped himself from finishing that thought, unsure if Walter had told Alex everything yet.

"Walt finally told me everything, babe. He didn't know, though, that he is the reason you are pregnant, and not the alien's use of you as a host for a new hybrid."

"How is he the reason?"

"Well, seems the nanobytes in the Skinman have given him the means of impregnating anything and everything, from goats to Foxes. Which makes me wonder if he's been screwing livestock lately. Did he ever mention fucking a goat to you?"

"Krycek, shut up!!"

"Now, now, sweetie, I am just letting you know what I know."

Mulder snorted, "Like I would believe you!"

"You don't have to believe me, not if you'd been reading the stuff I've been reading for the past 15 minutes."

Mulder sighed, "OK, Alex, I believe you." He never knew what to expect with Krycek, or how he felt about him. The man was mercurial, going from killer to smart ass to earnest Boy Scout with a suddenness that was down right scary some days. At this point, however, Mulder knew he had no choice but to believe Alex, at least until he had a chance to talk to Walter.

"Knew you had it in you."

"Has he finished his shower yet?" Mulder asked, trying his best to keep his tone calm and reasonable, even though calm and reasonable were hardly what he felt-more like worried and unreasonable, with a side of pre-labor bitchiness thrown in for good measure.

"Just a sec." Mulder heard Alex put the phone down somewhere, probably on the table, and then he heard the sound of what he swore were Alex's bare feet slapping on linoleum.

The Mulder household

Alex walked towards the bathroom and was about to open the door, when Skinner pulled open the door from his side and stood before him wearing only a towel.

Alex whistled. "Looking good, Skinman."

"Don't call me Skinman, Alex!"

Alex snorted. "Your pregnant boyfriend is on the phone and wants to speak to you. For some reason he doesn't quite trust me-who knew?"

Walter chuckled. "Hmm...I wonder why, Alex. Um, you didn't let him know..."

"Give me some credit, Walt. I have no interest in breaking you two up. at least not now." He grinned evilly, giving Walter a saucy little wink.

Walter shook his head then walked over to the phone sitting on the table. He picked it up and his tone was soft when he said, "Hi, Fox. I miss you."

"Walter, I miss you too! You should have come home! What happened?"

Walter sighed, he didn't want to lie to Mulder, but he knew of no way around it.

"Oh, Alex just kept me locked to your mother's iron cabinet all night and..."

Alex pulled the phone out of Walter's hand and growled, "I did no such thing, Mulder, I swear."

"Alex!" barked Walter. "Give me that phone back!"

"We stayed up later than we meant to last night and just decided to stay here," Krycek told Mulder smoothly, trying to ignore the scowl on Walter's face, but getting turned on by it anyway.

"Sure, fine, whatever. Now will you please give the phone back to Walter?"

"Anything for you, babe," Alex purred, and then passed the phone back to Walter.

Walter glared at Alex then dismissed him from thought completely, turning all his attention to the man on the other end of the phone. "I'll be home soon, Fox. Are you feeling OK?"

"I will be much better when you're home, lover," Mulder's voice was suddenly low and breathy. The seductive tone was working though, he thought as he felt his cock stirring under the short towel.

"It won't be long, Mulder, I promise."

"Ok, see you soon."

"Soon, lover."

Alex was rolling his eyes and looking practically nauseous when Walter hung up the phone.

"Could that be any more sappily sweet? The only good thing about it was this." Alex abruptly reached over and caressed Walter's semi hard cock.

"Oh, so you wanna ensure that you really are pregnant before you have Scully check you out?"

Alex laughed. "Oh, that's right, Walter, I forgot. You only do it missionary style. You know, there are other ways to skin a cat, big man."

"So, you are going to teach me?" Walter breathed, moving closer to Alex.

"Oh yeah," replied Alex, kissing Walter passionately, his hand still working diligently under the towel.

****

Mulder rose from the bed, starving as if he hadn't eaten in days. He waddled down the stairs as slowly as he could, only the gnawing hunger keeping him from simply returning to bed. He finally made it to the kitchen, luckily not losing his balance, his will or control of his bladder.

Once there, he grabbed at whatever was handy to eat that didn't involve anything more complicated than manipulating the refrigerator door or a jar lid. Cereal, milk, some cheese, pickles and what he thought was old tuna fish.

The phone rang just as he was finishing off a huge tuna and pickle sandwich and he rose slowly, not about to rush to get the phone and chance losing everything he'd just eaten by moving too quickly.

"Yeah," he breathed into the phone.

"Mulder, how are you doing? Did Walter ever find the information he wanted at your mother's house?" Scully's usually calm and lovely voice spluttered over the phone, sounding a little worried, and with an edge to it that Mulder recognized from the many times he had left her out of the information loop.

"He hasn't come home yet. But I spoke to him earlier."

Scully didn't miss the concern in his tone, even though she knew he was trying to hide it. "Oh, would you like me to come over?"

Mulder shrugged. "Sure. It's not as if there is a lot for me to do right now. Even if I could do it."

Scully smiled to herself, recognizing Mulder in his self-pity mode.

"Great, Jenny and I will be over shortly."

"Great. See you then."

They hung up and Mulder waddled back to the kitchen, suddenly craving a banana sandwich, when the baby began an impromptu rendition of Riverdance all over his bladder.

"Fuck, can't I even eat without needing to take a leak?" he groaned at his stomach.

**~~~**

Mulder waddled out of the bathroom just in time to hear the door opening.

"Walter? Is that you?"

"Its me, Mulder," Scully's voice called out.

Mulder sighed and proceeded to the living room as fast as he could.

"I don't know what's keeping them!" Mulder sounded more worried than angry.

Scully walked over to Mulder and put her hand up to his forehead, an almost automatic response anytime they were together lately. Mulder thought that he should be offended, but couldn't find the energy to do so.

"Can I sit first, Ms. Doctor?"

She just nodded and allowed Mulder to sit slowly down on the lounge chair. Mulder did a double take around the room, noticing that they were short one small person.

"Where's Jenny?"

"My mother came by at the last minute and she is babysitting for me. I thought it best, in case anything happened."

"How is your mom, Scully?"

"She is doing fine, Mulder."

Mulder just nodded, then tactlessly changed the subject as Scully continued checking his vitals. "So when are you and Mr. Krycek getting hitched?"

"What?? Where did you come up with that one?"

"Hey, I am not the one who let him stay over, playing with my child, and who knows what else."

"OK, and that automatically means we are engaged?"

"You should think about marriage, Scully, you aren't getting any younger."

Scully laughed out loud. "Now you sound like my mother!! Besides, what about you and Walter? You could always go to Vermont for the ceremony," she dodged his question quickly, maybe a little too quickly, but opted to think about the rat boy at a later date-much later preferably.

"I wonder how long that will last now there is a Republican president."

"Where is Walter, anyway?" Scully asked, hoping to distract Mulder from any further thoughts he might be having about her and Alex.

"Hopefully on his way home."

"With Krycek?"

"Ooh, longing to see your fiancé, Scully?" Apparently Mulder had no urge to be distracted, wanting to beat the dead horse some more.

"Get over it, Mulder." She warned him in her best 'I'm the rational one here, partner, and you're whistling in the wind again' voice.

Mulder sighed and said, "Yes, Krycek probably is coming with him. They have become very chummy lately, which I do not understand at all." He frowned and Scully realized that he was less jealous than worried.

"Krycek seems to have changed a lot lately, Mulder," she replied, trying to soothe his concerns.

Mulder snorted. "Oh, that's right. You're engaged." Lapsing into his favorite cynical defense mechanism.

Scully threw up her hands in exasperation. "Are you hungry?" She changed the subject in a tone that even Mulder could not miss.

"You going to cook me something?" Eager for any food that was actually prepared and put on a plate.

"Yes, I better, that way it will keep your mouth busy." She smiled sweetly, in the way Mulder usually thought of as Scully's 'prove-I'm-being-a-bitch' way.

"Very funny...how about some -" He stopped when he felt a weird twinge in his gut and a pressure like he had to pee again, but multiplied one hundred fold.

"Mulder??" She dropped down beside the chair and checked his pulse and his forehead again.

"Can a man have contractions??" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Well, in your case, I would have to assume so, yes."

"Oh god!! I am definitely feeling something."

"Is it like constipation?"

"Not even close!"

"I think it is a contraction, Mulder. But it is way too early for you to be having them." She sighed then said, "You will have to lie on a hospital bed. Let me call Frohike."

"Do you want to get the gunmen involved, Dana?"

"Just for the bed, Mulder. They do not have to know about your pregnancy."

"What are you going to tell him, that I am too fat to make it up the stairs to my own bed?" Mulder groaned as another pain tore into his stomach. "OK, call him."

**~~~**

They had ended up on the floor and sixty-nined each other. Krycek pulled himself up off the floor and leered down at Skinner, who still lay prone on the floor. "Debauched looks really good on you, Walter."

Walter groaned, not realizing he was mimicking his lover at the same time. He pulled himself up and said, "I am getting way too old for this!"

Krycek snorted. "I would agree, but damn, you look good-for your age."

"Gee, thanks." Walter frowned and cast about for his glasses.

"Don't mention it."

Skinner sighed and said, "Let's get out of here. Let me get dressed. I will be so glad to leave, you just don't know."

He winced to himself, remembering the last time Mulder and he were here. Mulder had decided that he wanted Skinner to fuck him in every room in the house. A sort of send off to all the stuff that had happened to him here.

'It was probably at some point during that time that I impregnated Mulder,' Walter thought, 'perfect. Maybe there is something about this house and not the nanobytes at all. Yeah right, wishful thinking on my part!'

He pulled on the same clothes he had worn the day before, finding them scattered all over the living room. Then he went looking for Krycek, who had left the room moments before. Hopefully to get dressed and out of here, Walter suspected.

A metal glint caught his eye and he grabbed it just as Alex reentered the room and lunged for the same item.

"Ha, I am the one who holds the controls now, boy!" And with that he heaved the palm pilot hard against the wall and watched as it shattered, gleefully.

Krycek shook his head. "That was stupid, Skinner. You should have had it tested by those weird friends of Mulder's. That thing might have come in handy!!"

Skinner didn't care, and he smirked. "Well, now we'll never know. Anyway, no way am I going to have one of those things within reach of you ever again!"

Krycek just nodded and grinned at Skinner enigmatically, as if to say he knew where he could get another. Skinner did not like that prospect at all.

"Let's just get the hell out of here!" he growled, grabbing up the papers from the table and making his way toward the door.

"Hey, are you certain you got everything from that cabinet, Skinner?"

Walter did a double take. "I think I did...wanna check?"

Alex sauntered over to the cabinet and pulled it open. "Seems empty."

"Good, I think Fox is going to be irritated with us as it is, with or without this information."

Alex ran his hand up the inside of the cabinet and pulled something out. It was an envelope that had been taped to the top inside of it.

"Hey, it says 'Fox Mulder' on it."

"Give that to me, Alex."

Alex glared at Walter. "Is your name Fox Mulder? I don't think so. I will deliver it to him myself, or not at all."

Walter gave in quickly, just wanting to get home to his lover. "Fine, let's go. The sooner you get checked out by Scully, the sooner you will be out of my hair!"

"Or lack thereof," Alex finished smoothly with a grin.

Walter closed his eyes, devising a hundred ways to kill the annoying young man as he counted to ten, then was able to just shrug his shoulders and walked out of the Mulder house without another word. Alex followed behind him, with the envelope tucked into his jeans' back pocket.