RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Chapter 25: Uncle Razor

At five p.m. sharp, Razor drove up to Enforcer Headquarters and parked his cyclotron in Feral's slot in front of the building. No one gave him any trouble about it except for being concerned why he was there. The smaller SWAT Kat was not normally seen except for when he'd been requested to care for the Commander's son which was obviously the case this evening.

He was nodded through without trouble by the Desk Sergeant when he walked across the huge lobby for the elevator.

Getting aboard the elevator, he ignored the looks he got and stared at the door as it closed, reaching out to press the button for the third floor. Moments later the doors snapped open onto the medical floor. He immediately stepped off and turned left. Walking down the hall, he turned at the end and went left again. At the end of this hall was the daycare.

Pushing through the door to the waiting/check-in area, he went up to the window where the daycare monitor sat. She looked up in surprise then frowned in concern at the sight of him.

"Has something happened to Jeremy's parents?" She asked worriedly.

"Fortunately, no! Feral has gone into heat and T-Bone asked that I take care of Jeremy until at least tomorrow. I'll be bringing him back myself. Hopefully, his parents will pick him up that evening...if not, expect me again," Razor said pleasantly.

"Oh!" She said blushing at the mention of the Commander going into heat. "Uh yeah, guess home wouldn't be a very good place tonight. Glad you're able to care for him, he certainly loves you." She smiled, regaining her composure. "I'll just go and get him. Be right back!" She said bustling off.

Razor watched the kittens through the protective glass behind the counter. He saw the monitor going over to a corner where a group of obvious Sabren kittens were building something with blocks. She gently tapped one on the shoulder to get his attention.

Jeremy looked up at her questioningly. She said something and he looked past her to see him. He waved at the kitten who grinned happily and willingly followed the monitor to where his backpack and jacket was. Moments later, his jacket on, the monitor lead him to the door and opened it. Shrieking with glee, Jeremy leapt into Razor's waiting arms.

"Uncle Razor...Uncle Razor!"

"Well, hello to you too, squirt! Ready to spend an evening with me?" He asked as he reached for the backpack the monitor handed him.

"Yeth! Go Zoom!"

"Yeah, we go Zoom!" Razor chuckled. He nodded farewell to the monitor then turned to leave the center.

The kitten rattled on about his day while Razor dutifully listened. Unlike his trip up the elevator, the one down was filled with smiles at the kittens antics by those in the car with them.

They decanted on the ground floor without incident...Jeremy singing out goodbyes and receiving some in return. The kittens warmth and bubbly personality always bringing out the best in people.

He walked down the broad stairs and over to his bike. He settled Jeremy into his specialized car seat. Putting the backpack into one of the many compartments of the cyclotron, Razor turned his attention back to the kitten, a small helmet in his paw.

Jeremy squealed in excitement but held still while Razor put the helmet on then cinched the kitten firmly into his seat. Once he was settled, Razor climbed on board and started the engine. Little paws dug claws into Razor's g-suit as Jeremy readied himself for the ride. He adored riding the cyclotrons and had learned very quickly not to disturb the driver unless absolutely necessary.

Very soon, they were speeding through traffic and heading for Razor's private home close to his own. It took more than thirty minutes before they finally drove up to the small rancher. The garage door opened at their approach and Razor drove in, the door silently closing behind them.

Shutting the engine off, Razor set the security on his garage before climbing off his bike. He uncinched Jeremy from his seat and took the helmet, switching it for the backpack in the storage container. The kitten had waited patiently until Razor was finished then raised his arms to be picked up when the slim tom turned back to him.

"Okay squirt, let's get inside and order something to eat," Razor said warmly, carrying the kitten inside his home.

Once through the door into the house, he secured the lock then put Jeremy down. The kitten gave a happy yell and tore off for his temporary room Razor had set up for him. The tom stepped into what appeared to be a very large closet. It was here where he kept his SWAT Kat persona hidden.

The walk-in closet had coats and boots plus a small wooden dresser but behind the hanging clothes was a secret panel which, when he pressed a small hidden stud, opened into a roomy storage area. Inside was all his g-suits and other SWAT Kat paraphernalia as well as a gun safe for his weapons.

He quickly stripped off his superhero persona, locked up his glovatrix, closed the panel, then went to the dresser to pull out a comfortable pair of sweats and shirt which he pulled on.

Now properly attired as a normal Kat, he padded barefoot, carrying Jeremy's backpack, to the kitchen. Leaving the pack on a counter, he made for the spare bedroom.

Jeremy was already playing with a wooden puzzle, sitting on the carpeted floor of his little room. There was a small bed with a deep blue bedspread, a tiny nightstand with lamp, a dresser Jeremy's size, a toy box and bookshelf filled with books. Jeremy's parents insured there was enough clothes and diapers for Jake to properly care for their son.

"Hey sport! Want pizza for dinner?" Jake asked, smiling down at the kitten.

"Yeah! Pizza!" Jeremy said with a toothy grin before returning to his game.

Chuckling to himself, Jake went to the kitchen to order their dinner. After placing the order, he hung up the phone then rummaged through Jeremy's pack for his sippy cup. He filled it with milk and got himself a glass as well then went out to the living room, setting them on the coffee table to wait for their dinner to arrive.

Settling into his recliner, he flicked on the TV. Every now and then he would prick his ears and listen for Jeremy but the kitten was quiet for the moment. It had been a busy day for Jeremy and it wasn't unusual for the kitten to desire a more quiet past time when he was home.

The pizza arrived as Jake was watching the news. He shouted for Jeremy to come eat and the kitten made a quick appearance, taking a seat on the couch beside Jake and waited patiently for the tom to serve him his dinner on a small tray.

Putting pizza on a plate then adding it and the sippy cup to the tray, Jake placed it over Jeremy's lap. The kitten dug hungrily into his meal while Jake took his own food and sat back down in his chair.

As they ate their meal in companionable silence and watched the TV, Jake would glance at Jeremy every now and then and muse on how lucky Chance was. He envied his partner his happy family and wished he could be as fortunate to find someone special too.

After dinner, Jake played games with Jeremy for a little while then coaxed him to go to bed. He helped the sleepy kitten brush his teeth, change clothes and diaper, then tucked him into bed. After reading him a story, Jake was about to leave when Jeremy stopped him with a question.

"Me see mommy tomorra?"

"Of course, you will. He was just doing something important with your daddy and you couldn't be around. They've done that before...remember?" Jake reminded him gently.

"Yeah, I 'member." Jeremy conceded reluctantly.

"If you get right to sleep it will be morning that much quicker and you'll be back at the daycare having fun. Now here's beary," Jake said giving the kitten his stuffed animal. "See you in the morning, squirt." He flicked on a nearby night light and kitten monitor then slipped from the room, leaving the door partly open.

With the kitten down for the night, Jake went to his work room located nearer to the garage. He flicked on the kitten monitor there and settled down to get some work done on a few new designs he planned on installing in the Turbokat. He worked for several hours before finally knocking off for the night. He shut the monitor off then locked his work room before heading to his bedroom next to Jeremy's. He paused to check on the kitten, who was sound asleep, smiled then went on to his own room.

Yawning and stretching, he went to the bathroom and took a shower then slid into bed, shutting the light off. He was soon as sound asleep as the kitten.

Dawn was rising over the city when Feral's alarm clock gave its jarring ring. A fumbling arm reached out from the bed, picked up the clock, and tossed it across the room.

"That may shut it up but I still have to get up and go to work," Ulysses rumbled shoving the covers off and getting up. He was very relieved that his cycle had been a short one this time.

"You may be, but I've got a couple more hours coming," Came the thick response from his tired mate.

Feral snorted in amusement. It was the same every morning but this time Chance could be forgiven since they didn't stop mating until well after midnight. Come to think of it, he should be tired too but instead he felt invigorated. Shaking his head at some of the strange things his body was capable of, he stepped into a hot shower.

Clean and dry, Feral quickly got dressed for work. "I'll stop by at lunch to check on Jeremy," he told his groggy mate.

"Yeah, you better! He doesn't mind being with Jake but he does miss you after a night away," Chance mumbled, opening one eye to look at his mate.

"I know. See you tonight!" Ulysses said, moving to the bed, leaning down and kissing his mate goodbye.

Chance reached up and stroked his mate's face as they moved apart. "Well, looks like we'll be giving Jeremy a sibling," he murmured carefully, laying back down.

"Most certainly!" Ulysses said a bit sourly.

Chance eyed him and frowned, "I'm sorry you hate being pregnant, love. I just wish you could enjoy it a little. The result is wonderful isn't it?"

"Oh, I know that and, of course, I love Jeremy...its just...I hate being pregnant. Would be nice to get the result without that part," he snorted sarcastically as he began to head out the bedroom door.

"Oh, now that would be a real trick and I wouldn't mind that either. Don't let it distress you, love. I'll see you through it again," Chance told him warmly.

"I know you will! Bye!" Ulysses said with a small smile, feeling marginally better. His mate's love always made things seem more endurable.

Chance sighed and settled deeper into the bedding, trying to catch a few more hours of sleep. He hoped this pregnancy wouldn't be as depressing as the first one for Ulysses, even if it was fast. He grimaced suddenly as he remembered something else.

"Crud! I hope it isn't going to be a fast delivery again," he said aloud to himself then shook his head and tried to get some more rest.

At his home, Jake was up early helping little Jeremy eat his breakfast then dress for his trip back to Enforcer Headquarters. An hour later, they were on their way. Parking in the same place as the day before, Razor turned off the bike.

He ignored the looks he normally got from enforcers heading into work as he released Jeremy from his harness and carried him in his arms. Pulling out the backpack and putting the helmet away, he set his bike's security before proceeding up the steps, bouncing Jeremy on his hip as he entered a full elevator.

Some of the officers smiled at the Commander's kitten who said hello to everyone. They ignored Razor, which didn't bother the SWAT Kat at all. Jeremy paid no mind either as he babbled happily about what he wanted to do that day.

Razor got off on the day care floor and headed down the hall. Other kittens had arrived before them and the entry area was noisy as parents left their charges in the daycare personnel's capable paws.

When Razor was finally able to get up to the check-in area, the monitor from yesterday greeted him with a smile as she took the happy kitten from his arms and slung the pack back over her shoulder.

"Well, he certainly looks like he had a very good night," she observed with a warm smile.

"Yeah, he and I get along well. Don't we squirt?" Razor said as he ruffled Jeremy's head a moment before the kitten was carried off. He waved bye to his "uncle" then focused on the others in the playroom when the monitor let him down.

Staring enviously a moment longer, Razor watched the kittens play before slipping away. He knew T-Bone would be joining him at the hangar in a few hours that is if Feral was out of heat by then. Less than fifteen minutes later he was zooming off to their new hangar in the mountains.

Whether he saw his partner or now, it hardly mattered. There wasn't anything important for his partner to do right now. Chance hadn't sought another job yet as he wanted to get used to not being on call or working all the time. But he would soon get bored, Jake was certain.