RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Chapter 16: The Aftermath

Dawn...An Hour into the Battle for Megakat City...

Deputy Mayor Briggs had been rudely awakened by violent shaking and loud booms that shook her windows. Groggily lunging out of bed, she went to a window and saw just in the distance a battle raging.

Shock raced through her as she hurried to her living room and turned on her TV. Glancing at her wall clock she could see it was just after six a.m.. The news flicked on and she stood hugging herself as she watched Ann Gora report on the action near Enforcer Headquarters. Ann had just told her audience that Dark Kat was marching on the enforcers in his Fear Ship and had a squadron of some fifty tanks trundling down Megakat Boulevard then suddenly she was cut off by her co-anchor who said Commander Feral was there in the studio and about to make an announcement then they were told to stand by as the scene went to a commercial.

Callie stood there holding the remote in stunned disbelief. Clutching it tightly she stood waiting impatiently to see what Feral had to say. The commercial ended and Feral appeared standing before the two newscasters. She listened tensely while Feral made his plea to his fellow Sabrens.

Sucking in a breath of shock, Callie watched as Feral finished then left abruptly, presumably to return to headquarters to stand with his fellow Sabrens. She tossed the remote onto the couch and hurriedly went to her bedroom to dress.

Some ten minutes later, she was out the door and taking the elevator to the parking garage beneath her building. She zoomed out of the garage in her sedan and headed downtown. Knowing enforcer blockades would be in place, she attempted to go around the back way. That only got her within a few blocks of headquarters.

Parking her car, she got out, locked it then began to hoof the distance on foot. She was nearly knocked off her feet a few times by the shaking ground and deafened by the loud explosions of gun and missile fire. The area was deserted except for people hiding inside stores and eateries.

Passing one such place a TV caught her attention and she paused to see if anything new had come up. She went inside to see the screen better. The café was filled with patrons who made no sound as they all stared tensely up at the TV. On the screen everyone could see Feral and a line of Sabrens glowing brightly standing on the steps of Enforcer Headquarters.

She watched in amazement as the Sabrens with Feral saved the city and Dark Kat was finally destroyed by the SWAT Kats after the Sabrens had weakened the Fear Ship. For a moment no one made a sound them everyone was cheering madly and hugging each other for joy.

Callie's shoulder's slumped in relief. She went back outside and returned to where she'd left her car. Driving slowly, she was soon able to get to Enforcer Headquarters having been stopped only once by patrols. The public was not being allowed in the area until it had been processed and cleaned up.

She pulled in behind Feral's parked hummer. As she got out and began to head up the broad stairs a flash of light jerked her attention upward. The glow was just dimming but she could tell it came from the general area of Feral's offices. Nodding to herself, she realized the glow meant Feral was in the process of dumping energy with his mate, T-Bone.

Enforcer Headquarters...Some thirty minutes after the battle...

Recovering from the serious power dump, T-Bone lay slumped on top of his mate, both of them panting with exhaustion. Suddenly, Uly's breathing changed and he began to tremble. T-Bone hurriedly got off his mate but before he could ask what was wrong, Uly lurched to his unsteady feet and rushed to the bathroom.

The sounds of vomiting reached T-Bone's ears as he scrambled to reach his mate. Uly was on his knees before the toilet and throwing up. He dropped to his knees beside him and began to rub his mate's back to soothe him until he could stop heaving.

But instead of just ceasing, Ulysses reared up, his eyes rolling to the back of his head, body falling to the floor and beginning to convulse. Frightened, T-Bone wrapped himself around Uly to keep him from hurting himself then freed a paw to frantically tap his helmet radio.

Outside Feral's office, Razor was cooling his heels as he leaned against the wall near the door and eyeing Lt Commander Steele balefully. Steele was giving Razor nasty looks as he stood near the desk. The Sergeant watched them both from the secretary's desk where he sat waiting for the Commander to be done.

Suddenly Razor's mic came to life. "Razor, send for medical help fast then get in here!" Came an urgent cry.

"Something's wrong! T-Bone calling for medical assistance and for us to get in there and help him," he relayed hurriedly as he yanked the door open and rushed inside. The Sergeant quickly summoned a medical team while Steele ran to follow Razor into the room.

When they entered, they saw only a pile of clothes but the open bathroom door quickly told them where the pair was. Running to the door, they were shocked and horrified to see a nearly naked T-Bone desperately trying to hold onto a violently convulsing naked Feral.

Not wasting time to ask questions, Razor squeezed in and took hold of Feral midsection as well as his flaying arms so T-Bone could better control Feral's head and shoulders. Steele, dropped to his knees and grabbed hold of the tom's kicking legs and held them still. Despite their efforts, it was like holding a bucking horse. It took all their strength to hold onto the sick Sabren.

Only minutes later, Dr. Mewser with his medical team appeared in the door. Though difficult to exam a violently moving patient, Mewser was able to get vitals on the tom then stepped back out of the room to make an urgent call.

"This is Dr. Mewser at Enforcer Headquarters. Give me Dr. Ainsly, it's an emergency." He demanded. He was connected quickly.

"Dr. Ainsly, what's the problem, Dr. Mewser."

"Commander Feral was forced to gather energy to save the city. He power dumped the energy and seemed fine but suddenly became violently ill and vomited for several minutes before going into convulsions which have not stopped. I've not administered anything as yet." Dr. Mewser told the specialist before spatting out the Sabren's vitals.

After a moment to absorb the information, Ainsly ordered, "Give him 20cc of magnesium push directly into the heart immediately, I'll stand by."

"Right!" Mewser responded. He went to his medical kit and searched for the right ampule then withdrawing the correct amount he squeezed into the bathroom again. "Look out Razor!" he muttered as he moved to reach Feral's chest where his heart was. Razor moved his arms and body as best he could so Mewser could give the injection.

Mewser hovered tensely over Feral watchfully. After several more seconds of convulsing, Feral suddenly went still and lay panting. Moments later, he opened his eyes, confusion glinting in them.

Sighing in relief, Mewser reported into the phone, "He's stopped convulsing and has regained consciousness."

"Good. You need to give him IV fluids and another dose of magnesium in four hours. Strict bed rest for the next eight hours. Where is he right now?" Ainsly asked briskly.

"He's on the floor of his office bathroom."

"Don't allow him to go home. Keep him under close observation in your medical center. I'll be in to see him later today," Dr. Ainsly advised and after receiving acknowledgment from Dr. Mewser hung up.

Carefully stepping back out of the room, Mewser directed his team to load Feral onto the gurney.

Feral, meanwhile, had just begun to realize where he was. He was completely naked, laying on T-Bone, Razor was just removing himself from around his waist and Steele was leaning back on his heels after apparently releasing his legs. Feral stared up into his mate's face and blinked a question with his eyes.

T-Bone didn't answer as yet while everyone began to leave the room. A med officer came in and draped a sheet over Feral to spare him any further embarrasment then another med officer came in and together they lifted Feral with T-Bone's assistance out of the bathroom and onto the gurney.

Standing around his suddenly crowded office was Ms. Briggs, Razor, Sgt Fallon, Steele, the medical staff, Mewser and, of course, his mate who was somehow already dressed.

What he didn't know was Razor had thoughtfully grabbed his partner's things and had handed them to him while he was being loaded and made comfortable on the gurney.

When Steele and Razor had left the bathroom, they stayed out of the way of the medical team except for when Razor gave his partner his clothes. While they were waiting and watching Ms. Briggs had entered the room behind them.

For a moment, Callie thought she'd walked into another war zone with all the kats milling around in Feral's office. She saw Razor and immediately went over to ask him what was going on then noted Feral being placed on a gurney as she listened to Razor's explanation.

"Feral became violently ill after power dumping. Steele and I came running when T-Bone yelled for help. We had to help T-Bone hold Feral down because he was suffering severe convulsions. Dr. Mewser gave him something which stopped the convulsions and he's conscious again." Razor told her. "Guess they're not taking any chances and are going to keep him for a bit."

Callie could only sigh and cross her arms over her chest as she watched Feral being wheeled from the room. 'Can anything else get any crazier around here?' She thought as she followed the procession.

On the stretcher and being wheeled to the elevator, Feral spoke for the first time, "what the hell happened?"

"Oh love, you scared me. After we power dumped you ran to the bathroom, threw up then went into convulsions. Mewser here gave you something and they stopped," T-Bone explained relieved his mate seemed alright now.

"Really? I hardly remembered what happened after we'd finished. One minute I was feeling drained but okay and the next I was so nauseated I couldn't stand it. Every thing after that is a blank," he admitted, confused.

"Yeah, I know. Bet it has a lot to do with those warning Dr. Ainsly gave you about using energy when pregnant. Guess we'll find out what happened when he comes to see you later," the tabby said leaning down and nuzzling the dark tom's face as they rode the elevator down to the med section.

"I'm glad I don't remember then."

Dr. Mewser spoke up then, "Well whatever caused this, we won't know until later, Commander. Meanwhile, Dr. Ainsly ordered bed rest for the next hours and IV fluids. And the injection I gave you was magnesium and you get another in four hours. So I want you to do nothing but rest."

Feral sighed, "well it's not like I can get up and go anywhere anyway. I'm too tired."

T-Bone just chuckled, rubbing his mate's arm nearest him. Callie and Razor were squeezed near the door in the elevator and watched the interplay with mixed emotions.

Back in Feral's office, Steele took charge knowing the Commander would be off duty for at least a few days. Sgt Fallon went about picking up Feral's clothing. He hung up the Commander's coat on the rack near the door and took the rest to be cleaned then he called housekeeping to clean up the Commander's office. He was very relieved the Commander was alright and everyone was in a buoyant mood knowing that Dark Kat was dead.

Enforcer Headquarters...Medical Center...

Once Feral was settled in his room and hooked up to an IV, Callie asked for a report of what went on that morning. Between the Commander, T-Bone and Razor, Callie got a picture of bravery and a desperate plan to save the city.

She looked at Feral with new respect. The city had a pair of heroes but they were vigilantes. Feral, who was the legitimate protector of the city, had now done something that made him even more of a hero in the eyes of the katizens of the city on top of his giving them two years of free power. Also the volunteer Sabrens had further increased the accolades for all Sabrens by their bravery on top of their civic duty of supplying the city with power.

A press conference awarding Feral a medal for bravery and heroism and recognizing the unnamed Sabrens who helped save a city was in order. Mentioning the SWAT Kats part in ridding the city permanently of Dark Kat wouldn't hurt either.

She knew it wouldn't be hard to sell the Mayor on doing this since it would make him look good too. She needed to get with Ann Gora to get some of the footage of what happened and set up the conference. Unfortunately, it would have to wait until Feral was well again. Until then, she would release a brief thank you from the Mayor's office to all those involved and say a press conference on the events would be aired at a later date.

Pleased with her plans, Callie said warmly, "that was a selfless thing you did Commander. The city and I are very grateful to you and you two, SWAT Kats." Patting Feral on the shoulder then giving Razor a kiss on the cheek, she only waved at T-Bone, knowing better than to kiss him like she used to. She didn't need a jealous Sabren coming after her. After saying a, "get well soon" to Feral she took her leave of them.

"Well, I'm going to go home. Anything you guys need?" Razor asked.

"No, thanks, buddy. You were a great help. Go enjoy yourself. I've a feeling things are going to be nice and quiet around here for awhile once word gets out Dark Kat is finally dead," T-Bone said tiredly.

"I'm counting on it. We need a break. So get some rest you two. Give me a call tomorrow to let me know what the doc says," Razor admonished them then took his leave too.

Exhausted, T-Bone stripped off his g-suit and climbed onto the bed to snuggle next to his mate, coaxing Uly to take a nap with him, purring them both to sleep.

Later that afternoon, Dr. Ainsly came to see Feral. After examining the Sabren and doing some tests to check the kitten's health he sighed in relief and looked down at his patient.

"How are you feeling now, Commander?"

"Much better but what exactly happened to me?"

"Being pregnant draws a lot of your body's resources to support the kitten. When you gathered energy it put a strain on your system so when you dumped the energy later it also dropped the levels of vital minerals in your body and sent you into convulsions. The injections of magnesium helped stabilize you again. The tests I've just done show the kitten handled the strain alright. Luckily!" He said shaking his head at how close they'd come to losing both of them. "You were very fortunate to have received medical help so quickly. It made all the difference on your survival."

"Well, I'm certainly grateful for that but I'd do it again. My life and my mate's would have been worth the price if it meant the city was safe from that monster," Feral said, not backing down from Ainsly's mild rebuke.

"I'm just glad everything worked out well and I'm really proud of my mate right now and grateful he's still with us," T-Bone added firmly.

"Yes, well... I want you to stay here until tomorrow. If you are still doing well at that time then I'll release you back to duty. I can't stress enough how important it is for you to not gather power again until you deliver. I do understand you need to protect us all but hopefully no more criminals will force you to do your duty until after your kitten is born," Ainsly said seriously.

"Well, with Dark Kat gone, the odds are now in our favor that the others will stay under whatever rock they are hiding under so I think we're save enough now," T-Bone said optimistically.

"I'll hope for that too then. Get some rest, eat well, and I'll see you for your regular appointment next week." With that, he left them alone.

"Thank god for good news at last," T-Bone sighed as he climbed back on the bed and snuggled close again. Yawning, he kissed his mate on the cheek. "Let's take another nap, love," he suggested pulling the bedding over them. Agreeing that was a good idea, Feral gave his mate a kiss on the mouth then closed his eyes. They were both asleep very quickly.

Later that evening over the city's airwaves...

By late evening, every channel was showing the video of Feral and the Sabrens saving the city with the SWAT Kats dealing the final blow to Dark Kat. The video ended with a brief statement from the Mayor. Clean up had been going full steam all day and by nightfall most of it had been completed. The city was in a celebratory mood with parties going on till very late.

Jake had no customers at the garage and felt justified in closing early to get some much needed rest. He was thrilled that Dark Kat was finally gone and went to bed feeling tired but thankful.

Early morning...Enforcer Headquarters...medical center...

Ulysses Feral woke to the feel of his mate's morning hard on pressing against his tail. T-Bone was nuzzling and nipping his neck ruff.

"Morning love, how are you feeling?" T-Bone rumbled.

"Hmm, very well...ohh T-Bone that feels soo good..." he mewed happily pressing back against his mate.

"I love you...let me show you how much," T-Bone growled caressing and stroking Uly's front eliciting moans of pleasure from his mate. Taking his time, he built the pleasure slowly, there was no need to rush.

It felt soo good having T-Bone make slow intense love to him and it helped to relieve the tension they'd suffered over the last 24 hours. He groaned and writhed in his love's arms as T-Bone slowly eased his way into his mate's hot center. He took hold of Uly's ruff firmly and began a steady rhythm bringing them both to a wonderful completion. For once Ulysses didn't flash too brightly, most likely due to his overuse yesterday.

They cuddled for a little while after until Uly's bladder made an urgent demand. Groaning, he flipped the covers off.

"What's the matter love?" T-Bone asked lazily.

"Gotta pee!" He said scooting off to the bathroom quickly.

When he came back and crawled into bed, T-Bone climbed out to use the bathroom too. Fully awake now, Uly got settled and raised the head of the bed to sit up as T-Bone returned. He stood by the bed and leaned close, drawing Ulysses into a satisfyingly deep kiss. A throat cleared causing them to part slowly, nuzzling each other before turning to see who was intruding.

"Good morning, Commander. How are you feeling this morning," Dr. Mewser asked smiling pleasantly.

"I'm feeling very good, thank you."

"Glad to hear it. Let me just check you over." Mewser gestured with his stethoscope. Feral sighed and lifted his shirt so he doctor could listen to his heart then moved to listen to the kitten's heart as well. Satisfied he allowed Feral to pulled his shirt back down.

"Everything certainly looks good and sounds good. I need to check your chems again so a lab tech will be in to draw your blood. Once we get the results of that we'll see if you can be released. Would you like breakfast now?" He asked as he prepared to leave.

"Yuck! Hospital food! Though dinner wasn't too bad!" Feral grimaced while adding the qualifier..

"Actually, because you're pregnant, you get a fairly substantial and tasty high protein meal," Mewser coaxed eyeing his patient in amusement.

"Okay, I guess." Feral sighed resignedly.

"Alright then, I'll see you a bit later." Mewser smiled and left. A few minutes later, a lab tech arrived, took his blood, and left.

T-Bone used the time while waiting for breakfast smooching his mate. It was much better than watching TV. If they had turned on the set they would have been treated to all the hoopla going on about Feral's actions of the day before. As it was, they were spared the embarrassment.