RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Monday, September 13, 1993.

Hoover Building, Basement.

Four Days Later.

Dana Scully sat at the now cleared desk and sighed. All weekend she had spent cleaning up the mess that was Fox Mulder. She had still yet to find a way to deal with his things, neither of his parents wanted any of it. They had even gone as far as handing her the keys to his place and car saying take care, then closed the door in her face.

With parents like them, it was no wonder Mulder hadn't started to pick off agents from the top of the building with an assault rifle. She shook her head as she looked at the picture of a little girl she had found in the desk. The name read Samantha, Fox's little sister. Another victim of these aliens or so he had said. Who ever they were, they had her partner and she was going to get him back.

A knock at the door broke her from her revelry as she set the picture back in the drawer. "Come in?"

He was young, dark haired, green eyed, and looked like a rat eyeing a piece of cheese.

"Can I help you?" Scully arched an eyebrow as he put out a hand, still standing in the door. "If you are looking for money, try accounting."

"Right." With a conceded swagger he stepped up to her desk and put out his hand. "The name is Alex Krycek, I'm your new partner, and you are?" He asked as he trailed his eyes down her suit.

"Up here. What can I do for you, Agent Krycek?" Her look made him aware of her distaste in him already.

"Uh um, yeah, I am your new partner." Looking away and shrugging seemed like the best option.

"You have already stated this. What can I do for you? If you are here just to waste my time, don't bother. The same also applies to flirting, dating, and generally anything that has nothing to do with our job."

"Ouch, retract the claws, Ms. kitty. I was just admiring your suit, besides, you're not my type."

"Oh!" Raised eyebrow, level three, questioning not only intelligence, but thinking patterns beyond sexual nature.

"Yeah," He scrunched his nose mischievously. "I'm prefer mine tall, muscular and the only dangling thing between their legs."

Both eyebrows, setting, holy shit, didn't see that one coming. "Well, then you are a little late, Mulder is already taken. I am Dr. Dana Scully, this my office until we find Agent Mulder."

"Okay, I can respect that. Until we find Agent Mulder, you and I are partners. Now if we can put away the cutlery," He held out his hand once more. "Alex."

"Dana."

"Pleasure to meet you."

"The same. Now, what can I do for you?"

"You don't give up do you?"

"Not when I am sure I am on to something."

He wiggled his eyebrows. "Confidentially, neither do I, when I'm on something that is."

"Now what?"

"Now I show you what brought me down here, other than our new partnership." He handed her a file that she quickly skimmed through.

"This is the file on missing pilots. The same file I have been fighting records and all of the senior staff to get for three days. How did you get this?" Looking at his face, she looked back at the file. "Forget it, I don't want to know. You know, I bet you and Agent Mulder would have hit it off pretty fast."

Brightening, he leaned against the desk. "Really, what makes you say that?"

"Remind me to show you his video collection sometime." And that is how it started. She nodded as he explained the case and she pointed out a few sources Mulder had pinned out, including a local reporter that specialized in UFOs by the name of Paul Mossinger.

Scully walked through the FBI parking garage to her car after the working day had ended. As she went along, the sound of hills clacking resounded behind her. Just before she reach her car, she twirled and pulled her gun on the old man behind her. "What in hell do you want?"

He smiled at her as he pulled out a piece of paper. "Just to warn you, Ms. Scully. You won't find what you are looking for, not there at least."

Scully looked at the print out of Ellens Air Force Base. "What do you know about what I am looking for?"

He gave her an enigmatic smile. "More than you do, my dear. Trust me, he's not there, nor any where you can look for that matter."

"Why tell me?"

"Because I like you, and the work you have decided to do coincides with my own goals. They are watching you Agent Scully, be careful who you place your faith." He started to walk away but she called out to him.

"What is going on with these men? Why are they being taken from their homes?"

As he walked away, he waved her off. "That is something you will have to find out on your own, but do not go to the base what ever you do."

"Why should I trust what you say?"

"You shouldn't. Remember this, trust no one." Then he simply disappeared in the middle of the garage leaving Scully holding a photocopy of a Ellens Air Force Base at night with three bright lights over head like falling stars. As she traced the stars with her fingers, she jumped when a car horn went off. Who ever he was, he would not stop her from checking out this place, Mulder might just be there if the reports about the strange lights in the sky were correct.

Two Days Later.

Ellens Air Force Base.

Krycek stood under the ship looking up at the massive craft. His eyes were wide as he turned to Scully. "You were right, they are ours."

"Good, now can we get out of here? He said they would be on to us with in a matter of minutes when we were spotted by the planes." She tugged at his arm as he stood with his other hand over his eyes staring up at the large craft that was searching the area for them with spot lights.

"Hold on, take another look. Are you completely sure they are not the same kind that took Mulder?"

Scully looked up again through the trees. She tried to remember what the alien ship looked like, but kept coming back to the same ball of black and white. "I can't tell." Suddenly the spot light shut off, as another locked directly on them. In a flash it came back to her.

She was standing in the middle of the woods looking towards the object as Mulder and Billy were floating up in to the iris of the ship. The hull was so dark it absorbed the star light. Then she realized that she was actually seeing what was on the other side of the ship. It was using a refraction field that redirected the light off its hull. But there was an imperfection, when it moved the star field registered a distortion in their light, sorta like a delay in the system between recording and displaying the stars.

There was a whirring in her ears as the wind ripped through her hair. The lights froze them in place, while her mind screamed out to be let free to save her partner. She felt helpless. This was what Mulder had described with his sister's abduction. In that moment she knew these were the real deal, they were aliens.

The ship's main lights shut off as it rose. As it cleared the top of the trees, the light that held them in place disappeared. Large, it loomed for a few moments more, then shot off in to the night. She nearly collapsed under the weight of the knowledge, there is life out there. So shocked, she didn't realize that Mulder was gone until she was looking down on Teresa Nemman.

Scully came too as Krycek pulled on her arm. He was saying something about people doing something. People were coming, time to go! Jumping into action, she followed him back through fence and through the fields to their car. Once inside, they flew down the road towards their motel. She knew he was dying to ask, but he would have to wait until she figured it out herself.

In the motel room, she sat on her bed typing in her new lap top about all she knew and remembered from the previous evening. What really went on that night in Bellefleur, she had no idea. But this she did know, what ever took Mulder was not human. The ships she saw hours ago were like them in design, that they were arrow dynamic. But that is where the similarities ended.

She closed her computer when some one knocked on her door. Krycek's face poked through the crack with a smile on it. "Wanna talk about it?"

"There's not really much to talk about."

Taking that as an invitation, he came in and shut the door. "That's not what I saw."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I saw you hesitate and freeze when that light locked on to us. You wanna tell me about that?"

"It was nothing, just a memory."

"About Mulder's abduction?"

She looked him in the eyes where he laid on the edge of the bed looking at her over a pillow. "Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, it had to do with Mulder's abduction. In fact it was the exact moment he disappeared inside the ship. I remembered every detail of that large vessel. It was as big as this motel in the main section. A large base hung below the ship, that is the only part visible from below through the lights, or so I am told. The rest of the ship filled the night sky."

Krycek whistled as he listened to her. "Sounds like you got a pretty good look at the ship. So, are there really aliens?"

She sighed as she thought on it a moment. "A few days ago I would have looked at you strangely while I dialed security. Then I met Agent Mulder. He changed the way I look at life and the world around us. That night in the woods made me look at a whole lot more than I ever thought possible. Is there life out there, I don't know? It's possible, and if I was to accept the evidence presented to me, I would have to say yes. But every time my mind tries to get a grip on the fact that there might be life out there beyond our understanding and control, it just shuts down. The fact of even less control over our own world alone, is too daunting a feeling. Now, with the very real possibility of aliens abducting us and controlling our lives..." Shuddering, she tried to get a grip. "It's just too much to think about. So it is simpler to say, I don't know, but I want to believe there is. Let's just hope that if there is, it's not like us, because humans as a race, are destructive to the point of annihilation."

He clapped as she finished her little speech. "Very good. Now time to get some sleep. Our flight leaves early tomorrow morning." As he stood to go she grabbed his hand. "Yes?"

"What about you, do you believe there might be aliens out there?"

He smiled as he turned off her light and opened the door. "Nah, the Universe is already too crowded with you strait people as it is. Why look for more? Good night Dana." With that he shut the door leaving her to sit in the dark to think.

"Alone in the dark, that's when they come for you. Not just at night, but when ever you are afraid to face the truth. They can since it, and they will come." With some effort she shook off the ramblings of a missing man. Turning on the television, she sat back to watch an old episode of Lucy as she drifted off to sleep. Not once did she hear the door open, nor the dart gun that fired the tranquilizer in to her, or the military men in uniforms come in and take her from her bed as she slept.

Across the hall Krycek watched from the storage closet. Checking the clip on his gun, he readied to fight them, should they choose to search the closet.

Mulder awoke to the sound of a drill. Looking around, he remembered he was still on the alien ship. In an eight by eight cell, he shared it with two other people at any given time, usually. The other person had been gone a full day, probably dead by now. He had not been fit to be used as a floor mat, much less a test subject. Billy had been taken three hours before. Always at the same time, the young man would go like it was his duty. At least they got to sleep in the same cell, it was hell being constantly cold with no clothes and a metal floor.

They had yet to do any more tests on him, just continue to pump him full of the green substance. He felt like shit up to the moment they injected him with it. Afterwards he would be as high as a kite until the pain hit as it burned through his veins. Then he would be high again.

The aliens told him it was the only thing keeping him in condition to survive. It was sort of like a mineral compound developed to use on abductees, in order to keep them alive while in deep space. No food, no water, just the mineral substitute. He always wondered how they survived for weeks on end with no food or water.

They never spoke of the pain though, it almost felt wrong. Well having any thing pumped in to your body was wrong, but this felt like it was meant for something or someone else. It would be today he would find out why.

The alien he had dubbed Arney, because of his resemblance, was the first to arrive. Arney walked in to the cell with his normal smug look in place. "Congratulations Agent Mulder, you passed the tests. You are not just any hybrid, you are the first, as we suspected for a long time. Tell me, do you happen to remember a Dr. Zerkoff?"

"What does my pediatrician have to do with this? He disappeared when I was eight... You took him."

"Very good. You learn quickly, an excellent trait for a hybrid."

"What does this have to do with me being a hybrid, not that I am saying that I believe you?" His curiosity peeked, he couldn't resist playing Arney's game.

Arney smirked at him. "In do time, Halfbreed."

At that moment, Mulder wanted to scream in rage and knock that smirk off the shifter's face. "Is there any thing you can tell me?"

"Yes."

Pregnant pause. "Well?"

"Well what?"

"Stop playing games and tell me."

"What do you wish to know?" Arney was enjoying playing with the human, so very little was known about this breed of hybrid, most were exterminated before they were mentally strong enough to even begin to grasp the concept of what an alien was. Now the last of them not laying in the bottom of a ravine in a train car, was his to interrogate and care for. He planned to enjoy this experience before the tests resumed and he could not play anymore.

Mulder sighed as he pulled his body up to his chin. Billy would be back soon, and he could go back to sleep, as the young man shivered from the experiments, in his arms. "What are you?"

"I am what your people call a shapeshifter, a morph."

"In what relation are you to the grays?"

"Which group?"

"The tall ones."

Arney's face went blank for a moment then his superior smirk returned. "We are their people, they command, we obey. They are the colonists, the ones who control all."

"What of the short ones?"

"They are the lowest of the grays, they do the work that we find distasteful and below us."

"I thought you grays were all alike." Mulder snorted at the look of disgust on the morph's face.

"To say that I am like them is to say you are African. Same species, different race. Their blood is black, they are base life forms. Our blood is green, there fore we are a specialized."

"I don't understand."

"Then I will put it in terms you can. My people come about one of five ways: One, the most basic, you are born from a gray host or as you call them, parent; two, you are created by crossed DNA and Alien DNA, such as yourself; three, born of the black oil, and host body, these are parasitic grays, or the little ones as you call them; four, you simply take over a host body in your oilian form, eventually you will change the host's body to a gray; finally the fifth way, you simply evolve from the oil as it grows in a collective state to form another of my kind."

"Sorta like building a castle out of blocks?"

"Crude, but accurate."

Mulder was thinking on this when something else worrisome popped up. "Why tell me any of this, why not kill me, or experiment on me instead?"

"All in do time, half-breed." Arney stopped talking as the door opened and Billy miles stumbled in. He stepped past the moaning man, and walked out the door.

Mulder caught Billy on his way down to the floor. "I've got you." As he stroked the man's hair, he wondered why the Shapeshifter was doing this. Why tell him everything he ever wanted to know? The thought of what it might mean terrified him.

Krycek beat the shit out of the reporter as he tried to fight back. "Did you think I would not find out about this?"

"I am sorry, it was an honest mistake."

"Not honest enough." With a last yank, the man screamed as his balls were crushed. "I am going to trade you back for my partner, and then I am never going to see your ass sucking face again, do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir." Crying, Mossinger cupped his injured members as Krycek dragged him angrily out of the motel room.

"I will expect full compensation for all damage done by you military ass holes or my friends will learn what you guys are really doing out here with the top secret tech."

"Yes sir."

Krycek tossed the man in the back seat of his car and trussed him up like a turkey. "Now tell me how the fuck to get to the rendezvous coordinates or your balls won't be the only thing you lose tonight." As the man cried out his directions, Krycek frowned at the memory of what just happened.

He had been sitting in his room trying to hack in to the base when Mossinger, the god damned informant came busting in. At the same time he had the personnel files brought online. One look and Alex knew who the reporter really worked for. They had fought with each other for Paul's gun until he had bashed Alex on the skull.

Alex had come around just in time to find his ass about to be violated by the smallest and ugliest dick he had ever seen. Mossinger had lived up to his name after that. Krycek still wanted to beat the hell out of him for attempting to rape him. He was a member of that Cigarette Smoking Bastards group of contracts, this sort of shit did not happen to him!

Now he was on his way to a meeting between the military and the group to retrieve Dana. She just loves trouble, oh well it had been a nice two months since his last good adventure and this woman was proving to be an even greater one than hunting the rebels in New Mexico. And Blevins thought he was going to be the one in trouble with the authorities.

When he arrived at the site, a woman and six men in military uniforms were waiting next to a large military transport. He pulled over to the side of the rock road and opened the back of his car. Quickly he dragged the screaming man out by his member. "Shut up or I might have to get rough."

Mossinger complied as he was led by his balls towards the military people.

Krycek nodded to the team, and smirked as a dazed and confused Scully came out of the transport. "Sanders."

The Military woman nodded in that, looking ahead and acknowledging you, but not really seeing anything military way. "Krycek."

"What have you done to her?" His voice low and menacing to put them on edge.

"The usual for any one who sees what they shouldn't have."

"Mind wipe?"

"Of course."

"Anything else?"

"Nothing."

"Sanders!"

Sanders looked away. "She was examined for future reference."

"I take it she qualified."

"No, she is not the type they are looking for."

"That is good to hear."

"However, should she continue looking, she just might be."

"Don't threaten my partner, Sanders. I will make you all disappear. Believe me, I have the resources, I can do it." As he shouldered the dazed Scully's weight he gave Mossinger one more glare. "Make sure I never see him again, or I will do it anyways."

Sanders nodded and motioned for her men to take Mossinger in to the back of the transport. As they drove away, Krycek watched them with more than a little hostility. Sometimes it was good to be a member of the old bastards personal squad.

Dana moaned a little as her shoulder started to hurt. It was the first thing she became aware of before she realized she was leaning against Krycek in the middle of no where. "What's going on?"

"Case solved, and we are going back to DC."

"Oh."

"Yeah, let's go home."

She didn't have the strength to protest or wonder what had happened since they arrived.

Bill Mulder stood among the darkened room surrounded by the men he swore never to work with again. Nervously, he looked from one face to another until he settled on the most obscure face in the room. The only one who he could not truly make out, he knew from the cherry on the cigarette. "Why have I been brought here?"

"We will ask the questions Mr. Mulder!" Second Elder's voice rang out clear in the still room.

"Why did you lie to us about Fox Mulder?"

"I didn't lie to you about any thing, how can I lie when you didn't ask?"

"You are splitting hairs Mr. Mulder. Whether you lied to us or not is not the point. What matters is that you failed to inform us that an actual hybrid existed since the beginning. A hybrid that now resides in the hands of the Colonists!" First Elder's voice grew deeper in his anger.

"So what? Is this not what you have been working for all these years?"

"Yes it is. Yet once again you missed the point. The Colonists now have their hybrid." He took an extra long hit from his cigarette. "We no longer matter. All of our work, all of that which we have done is now for nothing. With Fox in their hands, they can make as many clones and hybrids as they want."

"No, they can't." Several voices spoke at once as Bill Mulder looked smug.

"Explain yourself immediately!"

He smirked at First Elder as he slicked back his hair. "Fox's DNA is unique for several reasons. First of all, he can not reproduce with a human female, his DNA carries too many chromosomes to produce a living child. Second of all, his DNA is too complex. They can't clone him in any way, shape, or form because the clones always turn out like the others, big black eyes, gray skin, three fingers, you know the drill. The third one is my favorite. Fox is too stubborn to ever be their willing slave. Even if they could create more of him, why would they? What use is an entire planet of slaves who would rather die than be subjugated. Last of all, his alien DNA is dormant, that is the only reason he showed no signs of being a failed hybrid. So basically he is as useless to them as he was too us. They did us a favor by taking him."

"How do you figure, Mr. Mulder?" CSM had two burning at once, making him appear to be a demon with red glowing eyes in the dark.

"That boy was nothing but trouble. From the moment of his implantation in my wife's womb he caused nothing but pain and misery. He would have stopped at nothing to uncover this conspiracy. All of you could have been exposed, or worse, killed by the Rebels because of his meddling.

"Besides, the colonists are unaware of how close we are to a vaccine for the virus. They're looking for a way to create more of Mulder will give us the time we need. Add to that the resources they will spend trying to keep him out of the rebel's hands and we won't have to worry about it ever again."

"You fool, we are no closer than we were twenty years ago when you left. The Russians are further along than we are. As for the resources, they have more than sufficient resources to squash the rebellion, the only reason they have yet to do so, is to keep us on our toes. The threat of being wiped out by an opposing faction is extremely motivating. So I ask you, why should we let you live? We would never have let one such as him be captured if we had been properly informed."

Bill Mulder paled as he looked the others in their faces and saw no remorse, just accusations. "What I did, you all have done in one form or another."

"We do not hide something of this importance from the group!" First Elder's voice cut him like a knife. "If not for Spender, we would not have even been aware of this. But thanks to his investigation in to why Mulder was taken, we can now give the Colonists the person responsible for this and preserve the integrity of the group in their eyes. And trust me, when they discover exactly what they have, there will be hell to pay. Now, I suggest you make sure your affairs are in order, you won't get a second chance."

He lowered his head, and turned to go.

"Do not think we will forget your tireless work for us so easily. If what you say is true about Mulder, they will not kill you. Your knowledge will prove of great value to them in the coming months. No, they will not kill you out right, but simply use you as a guinea pig for one of their experiments on hybridization. Who knows, with what they will learn from Fox, you could be the first success. Then from you, we all shall be made."

Bill nodded once, then left the room.

CSM took a drag from his cigarette. "He is wrong, you know."

"What do you know?"

He smiled at first elder as he sat back in his chair. "Fox can not reproduce with human females, not because he has too many chromosomes, though he does have more than any other human or hybrid. The Adams were the same way, yet look what happened with them. Twenty-three human females impregnated before we caught and destroyed them. No, what he lacks is the proper motivation to reproduce."

"As they say, he is his father's son." Snickering met the third Elder's joke.

"Yes, he is definitely my son. But unlike me, he will not allow his DNA to be used to create hybrids. With the ignorance of Bill Mulder guiding the Colonists, we are safe in the regards that they will believe that he can not reproduce living children. And let us hope that they never find out." He took another drag from his cigarette. "Now on to the other matter at hand. Who have we chosen to replace Fox in the equivalency program?"

One of the young men from the shadows came forward and set down a stack of folders in front of him and the three elders. "These are the ones selected by the doctors, they who would most likely qualify."

CSM picked up one and flipped through the papers, stopping at the photo. "Are you sure about this one?"

The young man took one look and nodded. "She is the candidate chosen by three of the six doctors involved in the control of this project."

"Very well. She is the one I choose." He sat back as he dropped the open file on the table top.

The Elders looked at each other and nodded one by one. First elder nodded towards CSM. "It is agreed, she will be the one."

He smiled. "Good, now on to how we go about it. Chinese, or Mexican?"

Again the elders looked to each other. "Chinese." As they sat back a television was brought in with a VCR. On the screen the image flipped until it focused on the black and white forms of two women giving birth. The screams from the Chinese woman ended followed by the wails of a baby. A few moments more and the Mexican woman's screams ended with the wails of a baby.

Looking pleased, they turned towards CSM. "It appears your man will have his hands full with the abduction."

"So it seems. He is reliable, and can get the job done."

"Does he still believe we are working for national security?"

CSM smirked. "Yes, I have never met a man more willing to believe that their is a secret spy organization working against terrorism."

"So he has no idea that those he put down for you were actually the rebels?"

"Oh he knows they were rebels, he just doesn't know they were aliens. He believes they were part of a right wing militia. If he ever found out, it's most likely he would have a nervous breakdown on the spot, or at least need to change his underwear." Their laughter filled the room as he smoked his cigarette.

"Speaking of your man, what of him and his partner." The cultured English voice of a Well Manicured Man rang out silencing the others.

First Elder turned to CSM with a questioning look. "Of what does he speak?"

"Simply a close encounter of the Military kind. They saw some airforce tech they shouldn't have and she got taken by them to their base where they performed a simple mind wipe. It was harmless, and she was returned in a matter of hours after her capture. It seems one of their men got careless and attacked mine. He is not expected to recover from his injuries for two reasons. The damage was permanent, and I have ordered his termination." He took one more drag from his cigarette before putting it out. "No one messes with my people unless I tell them to. Besides, we can't have that kind of lapse in judgment among our people. Of course they are making restitutions, and beefing up security as we speak."

"In what way are they repaying the damage?"

"Those involved in the breech have volunteered for a mission to visit our rivals in Tunguska. Seems they have a new serum that is proving effective against the virus."

"Then let them not waste a moment more. Send them as soon as possible."

He smirked as he lit up again. "They are already on their way."

Scully stood in the garage waiting at the preset coordinates the note on her desk had stated. After another five minutes, she decided it was no longer worth waiting for this mysterious man. Just as she was about to leave, he cleared his throat.

"Hello Ms. Scully."

"You're late."

"Sorry, couldn't be helped. Had a little meeting to attend. I hear you saw something you shouldn't." His smile was pleasant as he took in her thoughtful expression.

"I can't remember."

"Ah well. I guess it is better this way. You raised quite a stink over this, you know. They are watching you now more than ever."

"I thought they already were."

"Before, they were just curious. Now you have awakened the beast. Be careful that you do not step on its toes too often or it just might bite you. Good day, Dr. Scully."

She watched him walk away with curiosity. What ever he was talking about, she would find out, no matter how long it took.

Mulder laid against the wall of his cell with the shivering man in his arms. He had come back this time paler than ever. What ever it was they were doing to him, it was costing him more each trip through. Silently, he made a vow, that they would not take him this time.

Billy shuddered as the nightmares caused him to cry out. He awoke screaming as he tried to get free of Mulder. Wide terror filled eyes searched Fox's face as he got a grip on reality. Slowly he calmed down as he recognized the man holding him.

Calmly, Mulder drew him closer. This served to help the younger man breathe easier. The pain lessened as he relaxed in to the embrace. A grateful smile crossed his lips as he looked at Mulder's face. "Thank you."

"You are welcome. Do you know where you are?" Mulder felt a leap of hope surge through him as he looked at Billy's expression filled faced. This was the first time the young man had said a word in the two weeks they had been here.

"No. What is going on?"

"What is the last thing you remember?"

For a moment he seemed to zone out as he focused his mind. "I was at a party, and there were these lights in the sky. My friends and I were totally freaking out. It was the weirdest thing I ever saw. They came through the trees and a bright white one locked on to us. The others started screaming as we floated off the ground. It gets fuzzy after that. I don't remember much about what happened after that, but I do know there was a lot of pain. Cold, it was so cold. They hurt us." Mulder stroked his hair as Billy snuggled closer to the warmth. "We're still here, aren't we?"

He didn't know how to answer the younger man's question with out causing more pain. Figuring the direct approach was better, he told Billy about what had happened since he first received word of the case to the point of their abduction. When he was through, Billy was wrapped around him, shaking with tears and fear.

"Four years, oh god, the others all gone. What is going to happen now?"

"We stick together and try to survive. That is all we can do."

"What about food and water, or may be some clothes even."

Mulder shook his head. "None. They give us a shot a day, this gives our bodies all the nutrition we require. As for water, I don't now how we retain that. Body heat, well you already know about it." He looked away embarrassed as the Billy looked down between their bodies, their legs intertwined, and arms wrapped around each other.

"Oh!" Billy turned three shades of red as he suddenly flushed with heat. "The least they could have done was given us blankets. I mean this is more than a little embarrassing." Continuing to look down, he was surprised when Mulder cleared his throat. "What?"

"Is there a problem?"

"You mean other than the fact I woke up naked wrapped up with a strange guy on an alien ship after four years of being in a coma?"

"Uh yeah."

"I was just thinking."

"What were you thinking about?"

Billy swallowed as he looked away. "Do you think we are going to die here?"

Sighing, Mulder tightened his grip to the point of being painful. "So far, we have been here longer than other abductees. That is unless you count the ones that never come back. I won't lie to you, yeah it's a good possibility we won't be going back in our lifetimes."

He started to whimper as he rested his head in Mulder's neck. "I don't want to die out here, alone."

"You aren't alone. You've got me here with you."

Pulling back, Billy looked up in to Mulder's face. "Do you mean that?"

"Yes, I do." Their faces started to move closer together.

"Promise?"

"Yes."

"Good," he whispered as their lips came within a hair's breath of each other. "I'll hold you to that."

"That's not all I hope." Before either of them knew it, they were kissing passionately. Mulder opened his mouth letting in Billy's tongue as the younger man rolled over on top. Breathing through their noses, they continued to fight for dominance as Mulder rolled over on Billy. The sound of the door opening broke them apart.

In strode the smug looking bounty hunter. As he looked down on them, he gave a wicked grin. "Not yet, Agent Mulder. You are not ready."

Before he could ask why, Mulder suddenly felt his body go limp. He turned to see Billy passing out as well. His last waking memory was of three short Grays gripping him and dragging him out of the room. Then all went black.

Scully sat in the office with her partner looking at the desk. The images of a bright light from a floating object flashed over her mind's eye. More memories came, memories of men in uniforms strapping her to a gurney as they placed a clear substance in her eyes, then the burning pain through out her head as the liquid was absorbed. She was broken out of her revelry as a large balding man came in to the room.

"Agents Scully and Krycek I presume."

"Yes sir."

"I've read your reports and frankly I am amazed neither of you are in a military jail at this moment." He sighed as he rubbed his forehead looking down at their reports. "Says here you were identified sneaking off Ellens Air Base. Why?"

"Well you see, there were these two kids that told us... Ow!" Krycek rubbed the sore spot in his ribs were Scully elbowed him.

"We were trying to investigate the possibility that these were the same craft used in the kidnapping of my former partner, missing Agent Fox Mulder." She pushed her hair off her eye brow as she sat forward. "In order to do so, we had to get closer to the base. It just so happens a couple of teens knew a way on through the fence. Once on the other side of the fence, we saw the planes and realized they were not that used to take Agent Mulder."

"Well seems how the Air Force won't be pressing any charges against you, and the people upstairs are putting the pressure to have this case closed, I guess that's that." Skinner puffed out his cheeks as he closed the folder. "Now that we are off the record, if you ever do something this stupid again I will have your badges, may be even press charges myself. Is that understood?"

Scully nodded as Krycek looked board.

"Dismissed agents."

As they got up to leave, Scully headed for the door while Krycek winked at Skinner then strutted out of the office. When the door closed, Skinner's pen snapped in half in his hands.

Once out of hearing range of the secretary, Krycek rolled his eyes as Scully slapped him. "Don't you ever stop being an ass?"

"Not if I can help it."

"What's your problem? Ever since we came back you have been doing nothing but ridiculing everything and everyone."

"You were taken by the air force from your motel room and your memory wiped. All they say is you are lucky that they didn't press charges. What about you pressing charges for kidnapping and assault? They had no warrant, and what they did was criminal at best. What?" He growled at her slight smile.

"You, getting all worked up over somebody you just met a week ago."

"Well, what do you expect, you are my partner. I don't take kindly to people who do things to my partner." Groaning at her proud look he turned and walked off.

"See you on Monday, Alex." She called after him as he headed for the elevators.

"Yeah whatever." With a wave behind him he disappeared behind the closing elevator doors.

Groaning, Fox opened his eyes to a scene from his worst nightmare. He was strapped to a metal table with the Grays standing over him. As he watched with horror he realized he was paralyzed but could still feel his body. That was when he noted that his eyes were barely open in a drugged state, and would no longer move. Helpless he watched as he screamed in his own mind. When the scalpel made the first cut, his only visible reaction was a low moan.

One of the Grays looked directly at his eyes as it continued to cut his abdomen open. It tilted its head to the side and blinked then turned back to its work. Tiny cold hands pried open the skin as another Gray used a pair of tongs to remove a squirming, gray slug like creature from a tray. Mulder's eyes opened a little wider as the alien slid the writhing creature through the slit.

His screaming grew more hysterical as he felt the creature move through his body and attach itself to the base of his spine. He went insane from the pain as tendrils pierced his spinal cord and several major organs. Finally one tendril went down into his testies, causing his body to tense from the pain of the penetration. When the movement stopped, he curled on his side clutching the now closed wound.

The Bounty Hunter came out of the shadows to the spot light that shown on the table with his usual look. "Now you are ready, Agent Mulder."

Mulder looked at the alien with blinking black eyes before he curled even closer on himself. He shuddered as the first hints of an alien presence crossed his mind. In a flash of pain the thoughts of countless minds rushed over him. Placing pale hands over his ears, he cried out trying to block out the voices as the Bounty Hunter stood just out of reach, looking on with an air of bemusement.