RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Friday, October 3, 1993.

Washington General Hospital.

Room 232.

Krycek smirked up through the breathing mask at Scully. She had been right, but he wasn't about to admit that. Especially not when that prick of a so called friend of hers told him so. That man had gotten what he deserved. 'Men,' he snorted, 'can't live with them, and can't get a good fuck with-out them. Though lately not even that. What the hell was it with being on the X-files that drove every good looking guy to either be abducted, run away screaming, hard assed, or the psychopath you were looking for?'

Victor Eugene Tooms.

He looked like your average animal control guy, cute with a hint of mystic. Who would have thought the guy would try to eat his liver? If he liked him, why didn't he just ask him for a twirl in the sack, not try and eat him. Though that tongue was feeling pretty good, 'yeah, right up to the moment he tried to serve you with onions!'

Pervert!

Then Agent Ass-hole had to gloat over your getting hospitalized. 'May be if you stuck him in the cell with Tooms, he might not laugh so hard. Yeah, see how he likes it. Liver with a side of spare ribs. Ya dumb fuck!'

He started to cough when a laugh tried coming out. That was a mistake. Next time he would wait until the liquid had been completely drained from his lungs. What had that mutant licked him with? It felt like he was drowning.

He was just glad he had been the one old Vicki had been after instead of Dana. She had been suspicious of Tooms, when she went back to check on the trophies she found his silver lighter. Some how Toomy boy had gotten a hold of it. Scully had then rushed to his apartment just in time to save him from ending up French cuisine.

Krycek Tartar.

He shuddered. Tooms had shown up at his apartment with a dozen red roses and a puppy dog look asking to be forgiven for disappearing on the investigation. 'I should have listened to her, that man was creepy from the moment she discovered him in the vent shaft.'

He had smirked and opened the door a little to let in the suspect. Turning to go get a drink, he had been tackled and turned over as Tooms ripped open his shirt. Being kinky, he thought it was just foreplay. Even the small nips at his skin had felt good, until lethargy set in and Tooms had bit in to his abdomen like a ripe apple. Eugene was half way to his liver when Dana put a bullet in his leg. That woman wouldn't kill a mutant if she could capture it alive. He was the perfect specimen.

So Keycek would never admit that Dana had been right about the freak. It was a matter of principal. If your partner is being devoured by a monster, you don't ask it to stop nicely and shoot in leg as last resort. You empty your clip in to the fucking thing! But she had saved his life, and they had solved the case. Coltan would be transferred, demoted, and suspended with out pay for six weeks for his actions. 'Big whoop, I am still stuck in this god damned hospital for two weeks, then another eight of physical therapy! Bastard should have been used as a food source for the mutant. I mean Tooms has to eat too.'

Resentment filled his mind as his eyes drifted shut. May be he would have dreams of a certain abducted and him making love while they watched Tom Coltan get eatin by Tooms. Or may be with all the drugs, he might dream up Eugene his own cooking show, *Cooking with Julia Child's Liver*. Now there was a nightmare.

Dana watched as her partner drifted off to sleep. She didn't have the heart to tell him what Eugene was attempting with him. That he wasn't trying to eat him, Tom Coltan had been the fifth victim. They still weren't sure exactly what Tooms had done, but one thing was for sure, Alex was never going to be the same. She looked down at the stitches that lined his once tone abs. The doctors had to leave them exposed because of their location and the chance of further complication.

They had removed a good portion of the sac Eugene had laid inside him next to his liver, but there was no telling what they couldn't get at would do to him. Asexual reproduction, really quite remarkable. Krycek would have literally been eaten from the inside out once the creature had hatched. Dana couldn't stop the shudder from spreading through out her body. If only that dead idiot hadn't recalled her stake-out. Oh well he wasn't here to face his mistakes, for that she could take some consolation. And he was supposed to have been her friend too.

The beeping of a heart monitor was all that could be heard in the room as she too drifted off to sleep.

***********************************************************

Upon waking, Mulder gasped for air. It hurt for him to breathe, but his body was screaming for him to try. His next sensations were that of being cold, almost frozen. They were doing something to him, his skin itched from the effects. As he tried to scratch, a pair of warm hands grabbed his wrists, forcing him to stop.

"You will only make it worse, give it time to heal."

Mulder focused on the voice, used it as an anchor to center his mind. When his thoughts cleared, he opened his eyes to stare off in the darkness. There was barely enough light to make out the movement of the person in the room with him, holding him. After several aborted attempts, he was finally able to speak. "Where..."

"Back in the cell, with me." Strong arms pulled him closer at a gentle pace. "What is the last thing you remember?"

"Pain... grays... they... put! something in ma... ma.. me!" Mulder spat out the last word with fear, and shivered as he felt the presence in his mind move like a great wave.

"Where?"

Grabbing the one of the hands, he trailed it down to the sore area above his navel. "Hurts." The hand massaged the sensitive area slowly as the voice made shushing noises. Letting himself relax, he fought the painful aches and sores. "How long?"

"I'm not sure, about a month I think. They brought you back about two weeks later, it has been two weeks after that. Since then you have been in a coma, but the muscle dude said you would come out of it very soon. Guess he knows what he was talking about."

Mulder nodded. "Should... one of them."

"He's an alien too? Oh man, that just sucks. We really are alone out here aren't we?"

In the dim light, Mulder could make out the pale skin on the back of his hand as he patted the young man's arm. Snuggling closer in to the warm body, he tried not to think about the future, just sleep. Whatever was going to happen was going to happen, no matter what he had to say about it. At least if he gave in, he might get some of the answers he had sought for so long. Then may be his death might not be in vain, for he knew there was no going back to Earth alive, or Human.

*************************************************************

Saturday, November 20, 1993.

Washington General.

11:30 pm

"I told you, I don't need a damned wheel chair." Krycek growled at the nurse as she tried to force him to sit in the chair.

"Really, Mr. Krycek, there is no need to act like an animal about this." She grabbed his shoulder and started to push him down. "Don't make me sedate you."

"I'll show you an animal!" Just as he opened his mouth to bite her hand, a smaller hand cuffed him. "Ow, bitch!"

"Nice to see your mood has improved." Scully yanked him by the ear, down in to the wheel chair. "They tell me you are being unreasonable, why is that?"

"I don't need a wheel chair!"

"It is standard hospital procedure, besides you still see the late Agent Coltan at times, do you not?" She noted his reaction with a clinical attitude. "I thought so. You are lucky they are letting you go in to my custody as it is."

"If your bedside manner is anything like your gentle touch, Dr. Mingele, I would rather spend more time with nurse ratchet over there." He flipped off the huffing nurse as she left the room. "What makes you think that I need your help anyways? I'll have you know that I am not just any wet behind the ears newby."

"That's right, you are my wet behind the ears newby. Now shut up and play nice or you will go to be with-out dessert."

"Is that a promise?"

After a quick snort, she cuffed him again, and spun the wheel chair around to leave the room. "I thought you said I wasn't your type."

"Hey, I'm flexible."

"Nice try, Krycek, but I'm not buying it. When I get you home, I will have my sister Melissa bring a couple things over from my apartment for us to work on. She is the only one that has the codes to the security system and knows where to look."

Alex turned his head to face her as they continued down the hall way. "Your apartment? What would be at your apartment that we would work on that needs so much security?"

She paused for a moment. "You don't remember?"

"Remember what?"

"I told you three weeks ago about Tom, do you remember that?"

"I.. uh something about his liver and Vicki getting acquainted. It's kinda fuzzy, so go on about this." They turned down the corridor into the patient drop off bay. When she laid a hand on his shoulder, he looked at her again. "What?"

"Not here, wait until we are in the car and secure."

Krycek frowned at her hurriedly whispered words. Something was not right here, and he needed to find out what had gone wrong. As she purposefully strode through the bay, he searched his memory for what she was talking about. All that came to him was something about a missing person or people. There was something about her being concerned with his safety and their continued work on the X-files.

Before he knew it, they were across the parking lot and getting in the car. Something occurred to him as she slammed his door, locking him in, this was against hospital procedure. She should not have been there checking him out, with-out the attending physician. His thoughts were interrupted as she jumped in the driver's side door, and backed out over the wheel chair.

"What in hell are you doing?"

"Buckle up, Krycek, we are going for a ride." She smirked at his wide eyed stare. "Hold on, this is going to be rough!"

"What in fuck is wrong with you?" He gripped the arm rests as she peeled out of the parking lot nearly running over the security guards. "Are you on something?"

"They were after you, next."

"Who is they, Dana?"

She shook her head as they flew down the road through stop signs and traffic lights. "I don't know who, he just said you were next. He had been right about the others, I couldn't ignore his warnings anymore."

"Whoa, slow down, what others?" Raising his voice in anger, he tried to express how pissed off he was feeling with-out getting violent. "Just what in hell have you been keeping from me?"

"I can't tell you all of it, but there are people, dangerous people, who are working for something we can't discuss."

"And why not?"

"Because we don't know anything about them! There are men in our own government that work outside the system for their own agenda." Watching the road, she tried to express things with her right hand. "They have been around for a very long time and want to make sure they are around for a lot longer. Any threat to that continued existence is eliminated. As of yesterday, you became a threat."

"What could I possibly be a threat too?"

"I don't know. He said you know things, things that they are wanting to cover up." A pause. "What do you know about a group of men killed in New Mexico six months ago?"

"Nothing!"

Scully stopped the car in the middle of the dead intersection. "Tell me the truth, Alex! What did you do to those men?"

"Nothing, I..." He stopped as she pulled a gun on him.

"I need someone I can trust. The X-files are gone, shut down by Chief McGrath."

"Why, what happened, would you tell me what in hell is going on?" His confusion made her take a deep breath and slam her palm against the wheel. "Please, Dana, tell me."

"It started after you went into the hospital. A man showed up at your place, said he was looking for you." She saw his usual smirk, but held up her hand to warn him off. "He was the same man that placed me on the X-files, through Chief Blevins. Apparently that Cigarette smoking bastard hadn't heard of your condition."

Krycek paled as she spoke. "Go on."

"He said if, IF, you got out, that you were to report directly to him. He had something for you to do. What did he have for you to do? Don't lie to me, I already know you work for this man, outside the system."

"Don't, Dana."

"Then I can't trust you."

He pierced her with his green eyes. "Yes, you can. If what you are trying to tell me, is what I think, then you can trust me now more than ever. It is just too much to say right now, your life could be in danger if I tell you what all I know." Alex refused to look at her when her hand rested on his knee.

"It already is. I put my neck on the line just to get you away from those men." When he seemed to be swayed a little by her argument, she continued. "There are things I know, that I can't tell you. They aren't my secrets to tell. But what I can tell you is that man you are working for is not who he seems. Whatever you did for him was no ordinary mission. Those men in New Mexico that you killed, they weren't men!"

His head whipped around to face her. "Had did you know I killed them?"

"That wasn't in question, I want to know what exactly you did to them that caused their reactions."

"What reactions? You apparently know all about what I did."

"No, there has to be something you are not telling me. He said you would know. So think, what is it that you know that I don't?"

"What happened to the bodies?"

"That's just it, there are no bodies, they disintegrated."

"That's not possible! It was just a bullet to the back of the head!"

"Where at exactly?"

"The base of the skull, he said to hit them at the base of the skull and make sure I was not in breathing range as they were working with a deadly germ. He told me they were Rebels against the government."

Scully started to laugh as she laid her forehead against the steering wheel. "You really are gullible, Alex."

"Just what in hell does that mean, what in hell is going on?"

"Later, I will get you back to your place, there we can go over what we know." With a deep sigh, she put the car back in gear, and drove on down the road.

Alex tried several more times to get her to speak, but she cut him off with either a gesture or a warning word. After the fifteenth time, he finally sat back in his seat to sulk, and groan when he twisted the still sore muscles.

************************************************************

CSM picked up the phone, answering after a puff of his cigarette. "Have you located him?"

"She has yet to be found, apparently she is very good at losing the tail."

"Did she secure the package as we hoped?"

An amused chuckle came over the phone. "Better. She signed him out as his new doctor, apparently she had them shaking in their boots over there."

"What about the Rebels?"

"Two are dead, a third has still yet to be found, but it is only a matter of time."

"See that you don't fail me, Mr. Cardinal, you are already a call away from being sent to the Reapers." He set the phone down as the man on the other line started to apologize. As CSM took a final drag from his cigarette, a throat cleared behind him.

"What on your man?"

"Apparently the industrious Ms. Scully was there to pull his careless ass from the proverbial fire, yet again. This time we were lucky to have her on our side, there are very few of Krycek's skill out there these days. At least those that are Human."

A grunt of agreement. "If you allow this Ms. Scully to continue as she is, you may end up regretting your decision."

"Do not worry on this, it has been taken care of."

"Oh, you mean the closing of the X-files?"

CSM sat forward as he started to cough hard. "What is this?"

"So you didn't order McGrath to shut them down?" Deep Throat smiled as he scratched his forehead. "It looks as if many of your people are doing things they shouldn't be. Shall I deal with this?"

"No! I wish to deal with him personally. The Elders want us to eliminate these Rebels, you make sure that it happens."

"And what of our English friend?"

"When he decides to show up, tell him there is still the little problem of Fox Mulder's replacement to worry about." Standing, he lit up another Morley. "As for now, I have a man's life to ruin, and a bitch of a problem that is going to take a little finesse in the paper department to resolve. Make sure that you take care of your end of things." He left the lounge with a cloud of smoke following not far behind.

Deep Throat started to chuckle at CSM's words. "It will be my pleasure." He pulled out a cell phone and punched in a series of numbers then placed it to his ear. "Yes, Ms. Scully, it seems you are back in business, good luck on your next case..."

**************************************************************

"Will you now tell me what is going on?" Krycek growled as they entered his apartment.

"It is not so easily explained, Alex." Scully sighed as she helped him settle down in to a chair. "There is a lot you don't know, and a lot that I know is only speculation at this point. What Mulder was trying to uncover was only a portion of what he thought might be going on."

"Then start with why it involves me."

His words made her groan inwardly as she walked back to his kitchen area and get something to drink from a bottle of Vodka in the fridge. When she returned, she forced it in his hand. "Drink this, it will make what I am about to tell you easier to understand."

"I don't want to, I prefer to be sober when I learn something that changes the world as I know it."

"Fine, have it your way! Those men you killed in New Mexico weren't Human, the reason there were no bodies is because they disintegrated in to a green acidic compound that has no bases on this world."

"Are you saying I killed aliens?"

"No, there is no way to tell that with-out further evidence. Either they were aliens, your bullets contained this acid, or something poured it on them, it is unclear. What is clear is that they were not entirely Human. The samples I was given tested on Human tissue like Ammonium Chloride."

He held up a hand to stop her speaking. "Hold up, go back, you were given? Who is your source of these materials?"

"As I said, certain things I can not reveal, nor will I at this time. Suffice to say that he is on our side for the moment and I intend to use him as much as he uses me." She sighed when he gave her a motion to keep going. "As I was saying, the substance tested like Ammonium Chloride which causes irritation of the skin around the orifices if in the same atmosphere as you breathe. It can prove fatal in some cases if exposed to sufficient amounts. But if what I am lead to believe is true, these men had it in their bodies, as their blood."

"Then that would mean I killed a group of aliens."

"Correct. Whatever these men are, they are now after you and all those in the project set up to exterminate their operatives in New Mexico. You are not safe until we find out what was going on, and put a stop to it. That is why I am having my sister bring the materials to us instead of retrieving them myself. It is less conspicuous that way." When she was finished speaking, she stopped her pacing and looked at his amused features. "What is it, Krycek?"

"I just find it funny how old Smokey got me to start a war by spouting a tune out his ass while waving a flag in front of my face." His sour expression changed to surprise when she sat on the coffee table in front of him.

"You didn't start anything except this back lash. This war, or whatever it is, was started a long time ago. That is what Agent Mulder gave his life for three months ago, to uncover this conspiracy in our own government." Her words stopped when he froze mid motion. "What is it, did you remember something?"

"No, it is you. How long have you believed he was dead?"

"Who?"

"Agent Mulder. You just said he gave his life for the cause. How long have you believed?"

Scully started to deny it, but caught herself. Looking away, she couldn't face the truth. Did she believe it? She had said it, but did she believe it? "No, I don't believe it. I can't."

"Why not, what is so special about him? You knew him a total of five days, and yet you are already on a crusade to bring him back. What kind of man inspires such fanatism in a skeptic such as yourself?"

"A half crazed lunatic who was on a search for his sister, that is the kind of man he was." Her mind started to reel at the possibilities.

"If he was so crazy, why are you suddenly risking your neck for another stranger for the exact same thing he was willing to do?" Sitting forward, he grasped her hands in his own. "How can you be so ready to believe in extraterrestrials when three months ago you were ready to sign off on a case report to have a wacko committed?"

Scully jerked her hands back as she stood. "You don't know! You haven't seen the things I have. Do you know why they shut the X-files down?"

A shake no.

"I was sent a report by my source. It spoke of a crashed UFO in Townsend, Wisconsin that the U.S. Space Surveillance Center had monitored. A military convoy was immediately dispatched to the area, but not before it killed a sheriff's deputy and injured several firemen with acute radiation poisoning. I went there to investigate, against the expressed orders of our superiors and viewed the wreckage. There was something there, I saw it before they arrested me. While in custody, a man named Max Fenig spoke to me. His people had tracked the UFO to the crash site. A site which is now labeled a toxic waste spill.

"When I got word from Chief McGrath that he was going to shut down the project if I didn't return, I told him to do what he thought best. He said the X-files were closed. I told him to go to hell, and hung up. After I was released for unknown reasons, Max took me back to his travel trailer and played for me a recording of the deputy's call for fire fighters. I went to investigate his wife, but she had already been told to keep quiet about his death. Next on my list was the Doctor who treated the firefighters, he told me about the radiation burns, and while he did, several soldiers were rushed in and I was drafted to work with him on saving their lives.

"After this, I went back to seek out Max. He had done much to help my investigation, but when I arrived, he was gone. I tracked a blood trail from his vehicle to a ware house near by. Inside I saw him and tried to get him to remain calm. He kept spouting stuff about aliens and them coming for him. I didn't believe him until suddenly a blue light enveloped him and that was the last I remembered until ten minutes later the military busted in like Nazi Storm Troopers.

"This time when I was taken into custody, my source showed his hand by getting me released. He gave me a list of people that were being actively hunted by the same people you had helped kill a few of, and a sample of the green substance that was used to dissolve the body. Told me about the list and the alleged alien blood, said I had better hurry, you were on the bottom of the list, but that didn't mean I had all the time in the world to stop them. That was two days ago. Since then nine of the twelve people on that list were killed in the same way you said. The FBI believe we have a serial killer on our hands, a man of many disguises, it seems he has the ability to assume many faces, and doesn't care who sees him kill."

By now she was pulling on the back of her hair, undoing the bun. "They said one security guard at a law firm downtown shot him. The entire office had to be evacuated as his body produced the same green blood where hit. Samples there matched the ones I was given. That is what finally convinced me to save your sorry ass. I was going to let him get you when I learned you were part of the same group that nearly cost a sane man his freedom and eventually his life.

"But that is not what convinced me. One of the security camera pictures showed a man with a very distinct profile. A profile I have only seen once in all my life. The night Agent Mulder was abducted. I don't know what the hell is going on, but the same people who took him, are also after you. You wanted a connection, there is your connection."

"And do you have any proof of any of this?"

"Yes, damn it! If Melissa would just show up..." A loud knock on the door broke her pacing. Rushing over to it, she spoke as she flung it open. "Finally, Melissa, where in hell have you... been?" Her small body flew backwards with the force of the hit.

"What the fuck?" Krycek stood up, gun pulled from the table in front of him and trained on the door way. "Who the fuck is there?"

A large figure stepped in through the open doorway. His face obscured by scars over his eyes, mouth and nose. With a slow arrogant stride, he made his way from the door way to Alex, a metal weapon that looked suspiciously like a socket wrench, raised at the ready.

"Well lookie what we have here, if it isn't Frankenstein's ugly monster. You know, you really shouldna oughtta done that, Opie!"

The Rebel tilted his head a bit, but suddenly lunged forward grabbing at the base of his neck.

Scully jumped over the body, barefoot as one of her heels was now in the back of the alien's neck. She didn't wait for Krycek to take in the details, just grabbed his arm and dragged him from the apartment, coughing the entire time. "I will never complain about wearing heels again!"

Alex was laughing as they raced down the stairs of his building. "Scully, I never knew you had it in you."

"It is required to know things when becoming an agent, but after being kidnapped by those soldiers, I figured it best to learn something stronger. While you were in the hospital, I took a self defense and survival course at Quantico."

"Not only beautiful, but deadly too. If I wasn't already interested, I would be now."

"Keep it in your pants and keep up!" She cracked a smile as he laughed again. When they reached the entrance, they ran right into the arms of a smiling old man. "What..." She fell limp as his hand touched her shoulder.

The WMM clapped Krycek on the shoulder in the same manner. "Congratulations, Agent Krycek, you will be amply rewarded for your participation in both the removal of our enemy, and the acquiring of our next test subject for a very important experiment."

Alex was about to say something, but three men came in and lifted Scully's limp body to carry outside. "Glad to be of service." Blankly, he looked around the parking lot at the three unmarked black vans, the six black cars of the same configuration, and armed men. "It was really nothing."

"I'm sure it wasn't, but I'm gonna have to ask you to come with me. We need to debrief you on a few things, and inform you on some others. You have no idea how big a service not only to your country, but the whole world you have performed. But all that will change soon." As he put an arm around Krycek's shoulder, his smile got bigger. "Welcome to the big leagues, my boy." It was the last thing Krycek remembered.

************************************************************

"Wake up, Agent Mulder." The harsh voice, was followed by a slap to the face. "I said get up."

"No, you said wake up, Agent Mulder."

"You think yourself amusing. Do not continue."

Mulder opened his eyes as he tried to sit up in the cold metal room. There was no one besides him and Arney. "Where is Billy?"

"He is being taken care of, it is of none of your concern. If you perform well today, he will be returned and you may resume your nightly fornication."

He glared at the shapeshifter through black eyes. "Bite me, Arney."

"What you do on your own time, is not a concern of mine. Focus on the object, now." Though his voice never left a calm manner, the tone changed from teasing to anger.

"Fine!" Mulder let his mind go blank as the alien presence filled his mind. There were voices speaking in his mind as he laid his hands upon the black disk.

"What are they saying, Agent Mulder?"

"How should I know, do I look like I speak Klingon?" A pain stung the back of his mind. "Ow, shit! Stop that!"

"Then pay attention."

"Shove it... ow fuck!"

"Don't tempt me, Agent Mulder. You are to be trained how to use the communication device in two Earth days time or else the termination of your mate will be reinstated."

Mulder's eyes opened a crack to reveal his deadly glare. "He is a boy, he is the only Human contact I have since we left Earth, not my mate. Get that through your thick skull or whatever organ you use to think with."

"Neither of you were completely Human when you left Earth. Now continue your efforts to use the device." Arney's hand shoved Mulder's head forward until the device was pressed against his forehead. "Think, Agent Mulder, and it will react."

After grumbling for a bit longer, Mulder allowed his mind to drift towards the countless voices. As they grew louder, he emerged himself in the waves of their thoughts. 'So many,' he thought, and the masses responded in small ripples at first as others searched out the disturbance in the communications.

Two of them locked on to him, and sent out an inquiring probe. He felt himself drawback from their touch, but something from the dark mass of alien consciousness inside the sac they had place inside him, reached out. It wanted to communicate, to feel those familiar to it. The consciousnesses of those reaching out latched on to those few tendrils that escaped Mulder's control and sent a greeting to him.

It was then that it was him they were speaking to, that the mass was actually a part of him, not a separate entity. His revulsion of this sent the others in to a whirl of anger. More joined those two that had contacted him and sent out mental feelers of their own. This overwhelmed his mind and fear soon took control of his actions. With all his strength he lashed out at all the mental tendrils, causing them to back off and scatter, some to even disappear completely.

He awoke blinking as he scuttled back from the disk. When he was against the wall, he wrapped his arms around his knees and placed his head in his arms.

"You have done well, Agent Mulder. They inform you are to receive a few hours rest for now, we will begin again after your nightly joining with your mate."

Mulder only shook as Arney walked out of the chamber. The cell door opened again and Billy staggered in. As soon as it closed, he fell to his knees and crawled over to Mulder. Mulder shook off the hand that touched his shoulder and skitted closer to the wall. "No, don't... don't! No more! Stay back... stay! Stay! No, no more! Stay..." All the while he fought at unseen presences.

"Mulder, it is me. Mulder." Billy tried again to reach for him, but jerked back when his hand was struck against the wall. "What did he do to you?" When Mulder shook his head no, Billy settled back on his haunches. "The disk again?"

Mulder nodded as a part of him recognized the words not being heard in his head. "They... want to... hurt me, hurt me, hurt me.... it hurts. Can't keep them quiet." He looked at Billy pleadingly. "Help keep them silent. Tell them shush, no more talking, must make them silent." Grabbing the younger man's hands, he placed them on his temples. "They speak here. Must silence them. Won't shut up!"

Billy pulled his hands free and cupped Mulder's face. "Focus on me. Open your eyes and focus on me. We can get through this, we have before. Focus on me!" When Mulder's eyes kept darting from one point to another, never landing on one thing, he brought their faces close. "If you can't focus on my face, then focus on this." Then pushed his lips against the older man's quivering ones, forcing him to respond physically to the stimulus. After a few moments, Mulder pushed him flat on his back and began to ravage his mouth.

In another room on the ship, two humans, a four Bounty Hunters, and Gray watched. Arney walked in his usual suit. The four Bounty Hunters turned to face him acknowledging him. One of the Humans impatiently watched as the six aliens exchanged words in a language he didn't understand.

"What does this mean?"

"It means nothing, Mr. Mulder."

"But he used the Touch Stone." He tried to protest that his assumptions were correct.

"It means nothing, any exposed to what your kind know as the black oil, can respond to the Touch Stone. The point is for him to learn to control it."

"The others turn catatonic after contact, he has not."

"Nor has his companion. But that symbolizes an immunity to its effects, not the ability to control. That he does not remember these encounters with the Boy shows his lack of control. If he does not remember this encounter, then his next use of the Touch Stone shall be his last. And then you will take his place." Arney's smirk lit up his stone features as they continued to watch Fox and Billy.

*************************************************************

Scully awoke in the driver's seat of her car, hands on the wheel. Groggily she looked around her, trying to guess her location. Something was weird inside, yet she felt fine. Her mind was registering that she should be remembering, but it kept coming back blank. Then a thought occurred to her. "Alex, Agent Krycek? Are you here?"

She turned around to look at the other seats of her car. In the back was Melissa and Krycek wrapped in each other's arms. That was when she knew something had gone wrong. "Wake up! Both of you, get up!"

"Wha..." Melissa sat up, rubbing her eyes with one hand and yawning. She stopped when something underneath her moved. "Where is my other hand?"

"Somebody's been sticking their hand down my pants too." Alex growled when he opened his eyes. "And look she still is!"

After yanking her hand back, Melissa rubbed it on Krycek's bare chest. "Musta been some dream, you pervert!"

"Yeah, I dreamed Dopey from the seven dwarfs kept trying to put his hand down my pants!"

"You wish, creep. What are we doing here?"

"Well if you would get your bone crushing weight off me, I could find out where we are." He struggled underneath her hips to emphasize his point.

"Oh yeah, like I need a big strong man to see what is going on..."

"Children, please! Can we try to focus here?" Dana's voice broke them apart faster than a bucket of cold water. "Thank you, now what is the last thing you remember before waking up in the back of my car wrapped around each other like teen agers? And before you say it, I know she is not your type Krycek. That is what tipped me off something is seriously wrong."

"Well thank goodness some women keep their heads about them."

"Krycek, don't start with her! Melissa, seems how you are the one more likely to get to the point, you go first." She clamped a hand over Krycek's knee and squeezed the soft spot behind the joint when he tried to speak out.

"Damn woman doctor!"

"Melissa..."

"I was on the way to your place to retrieve the documents you wanted, something was following me so I pulled down a side street, and pulled out my gun. That is the last thing I remember. What about the two of you?"

"I was going to answer the door..."

"She was going to answer the door..." They looked at each other and nodded at the same time. Krycek looked away as he slammed his hand against the back of her seat in anger.

"What am I missing here?"

Scully sighed as Krycek refused to meet her eyes. "They got us. Whatever they wanted from us, they got it. I bet all our evidence is gone, I have nothing, again. Damn it!" Ignoring the confused looks from her sister, she turned back around in her seat and started the car. Driving down the road, she centered her location to be a few blocks from her apartment.

Once she arrived, she rushed up the stairs to the second floor and entered the open apartment door. Inside she took in the sight of the destroyed mess that used to be her possessions and fell to her knees. Tears came to her eyes as she tried to breathe properly. "All...gone, all of it... gone.. poof... gone."

Melissa was at her side before she knew what was happening. "What is gone, Dana?"

"The X-files, my proof, everything I had been working on. All of it is gone." She gripped her sister close to her.

Krycek weakly kicked at the remains of the books and the shelf. "Not all of it, there seems to be a message on your machine." Before she could say anything, he pushed play. As he listened, he stood up and rubbed at the sore area on the back of his neck.

"Yes, Ms. Scully, it seems you are back in business, good luck on your next case. I have done what I said I would, remember our agreement, trust no one. There seems to be more than one way to skin a cat, and they found another. Be careful, and you take real good care of that partner of yours, he may be handy in the future, you never know. Before your last mission, I told you things come at a price, this, Ms. Scully, was theirs.

"If you wish to know what happened to this Mr. McGrath, I suggest you turn on your local news source. It should be all over them by now. This may be our last communications for a while, it has taken me much influence to keep you and yours alive. But do not think this is good bye, merely another phase in our relationship. So until next time, my dear Ms. Scully, tata."

Beep!