RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


As paranoid and perceptive as Severus considered himself to be, he missed all the signs. Granted, he had an excuse. With the appearance of Severin at Hogwarts, he had expected people's attitudes toward him to change, especially Hagrid's. The other professors watched them closely, whenever they were together. That was too be expected as well. They had had each other's children. He thought he did an excellent job of concealing his nervousness and fear. In hindsight, he apparently did too good a job.

By the second day of classes, Severin had reached the conclusion that being a four-person family, with two kids and two adults, was something that he not only could accept, but wanted. Severus had little choice but to make nice with Hagrid when they did come in contact. With the assistance of the two twins - Severus had quickly decided that Charlie was as Slytherin as any of his students - this happened far more frequently than it ever had in the past.

Severus was polite. He made none of his usual remarks, though surprisingly he only had to swallow back a handful. Likely the simple fact that Hagrid was usually asking after Severin helped in that regard. As the boy's other father, Severus felt the half-giant had some right to hear of Severin's childhood, and favoured the groundskeeper with tales of the boy's first brew, listings of his favourite stories, and fondly irritated remembrances about the incessent requests for Severus to read him "the Little Broomstick that Could" time after time after time. Once or twice he caught himself smirking pleasantly in Hagrid's presence. Later, he discovered that it was a tad more frequent than that, and he was seen doing so.

By the third week of classes, Severus found himself seeking out the chair next to Hagrid. The half giant had beamed at him when he chose the spot over his usual one. The Headmaster had twinkled at him knowingly. Severus had glowered at the old man and told Hagrid of the boy's latest stunt in potions. The two were lab partners, of course, and Severin was no doubt incredibly bored with the simple lesson. So they did things to make ot smoke. Severin was skilled enough to reverse the effect by the time Severus could stalk toward them. He, of course, make no attempt to dock points. He was quite proud of the boy.

Hagrid even laughed a few times during the telling of the story. Not that it was ever difficult to bring mirth to the half-giant, but the Headmaster twinkled at him more. No doubt the old wizard was pleased his potions master had decided to 'live a little' again. Severus scowled in his direction again and wondered if the man's twinkles were valid enough excuse for the return of petty revenge tactics. But that was what ultimately started the whole mess, so he decided to follow through with his previous decision to swear off the practice. While the revenge-leads-to-pregnancy argument was not often used in moral debates, it was the reason he had let several of Albus's pranks pass while Severin had been a secret. Looking back, it had probably only fueled the old man's worry. Albus was welcome to his twinkles now.

That Albus might think there was anything beyond a simple exchange of courtesies between himself and Hagrid never occured to Severus.

It wasn't until late-October that he discovered what the other staff thought of his acquaintanceship with the half-giant. He was in the staffroom, grading a pop-quiz he had given his fourth years that day. While he had never come to the staffroom except during meetings while Severin quietly lived in his room, he had found his rooms very empty without the boy's presence, and had recently taken to doing some of his grading where he would be left alone, but not isolated. Besides, if his colleagues were going to think he was a vampire, he wanted to know it.

It was Minerva and Sprout who entered as he slashed red over an unfortunate Gryffindor's test. He recognized them by their voices as they made their way to the coffee pot at the back of the room. Being a Slytherin, and out of their line of sight, he remained quiet, listening to their conversation as they continued, unaware of their audience.

"It's not exactly proper, is it?" Sprout was saying. "I mean, I love Charlie dearly, and Rubeus is a wonderful man, but . . ." But what, Severus couldn't say because she trailed off. He was not surprised that his little 'family' was still under discussion. He had kept a secret for almost twelve years. It would take at least as long for the talk of it to die down.

"Severus has never been terribly concerned with what is 'proper' and I don't think Rubeus would see it that way at all." Severus silently sneered. Of course the half-giant wouldn't see anything wrong. The twins were his children. Naturally, he wanted to make a family of them. As for himself, propriety was important, but not as important as Severin. Minerva continued after a brief pause filled with the tinkle of a spoon against the sides of a mug. "While I agree that I wouldn't expect it of Rubeus, there was the rumour about Severus and Lucius Malfoy back in his sixth year."

Severus froze. That story had resurfaced? If Potter wasn't already dead, he'd kill him. He almost rose to counter the accusation and inform the misled woman that James Potter had not seen any such thing, and, furthermore, Lucius had only played off of the rumour and began touching him in public because the man was a sadistic bastard. Lucius was straight. Mostly. Maybe. Probably not.

But then Sprout spoke again, "Rubeus is very good for him, I think, regardless of what the parents will say when they find out."

"I must admit, I thought Albus had finally lost all trace of sanity when he suggested Severus had feelings for Rubeus -"

Severus couldn't help it. He choked on his own breathing. By the time he finished his coughing fit, Minerva was patting him on the back as he had done for Severin when the boy was an infant. "What did you just say?" he croaked out the moment he was able.

Minerva merely smiled at him, and patted his arm. "I'm glad you've found someone, Severus."

He could only stare at her uncomprehendingly.

The final proof that he had been missing a vital rumour going around the school came three days later at the Halloween Feast. It was then that Hagrid made a gesture that could not be misinterpreted as having platonic intentions. The bloody man held Severus's chair for him. Severus stared at the pulled out chair, then Hagrid's face, then back to the pulled out chair. The fear that Hagrid's presence always prompted in him had begun to fade through repeated exposure. It revived fully now.

For some reason, Severus looked toward his Slytherin son. Severin flashed him two thumbs up, a grin, and a nod. Severus took the offered chair, knowing that he had just set himself on an entirely different path than the one he wanted to be on. How Hagrid reached the crazy notion that he'd be amiable to a relationship that would require the holding of his chair, Severus did not know, but by the wide smile and dancing twinkle on Albus's face - not to mention Minerva's words in the staff room - he had a pretty good guess. But now Severus himself had ecouraged it, so anything from this point on was his own damn fault.

The next few weeks saw an increase in 'accidental' touches. Or perhaps he just was overly aware of it now. Severus never called Hagrid on the incidents, and he knew the other staff saw. But he refused to make a scene just because his colleagues watched in amused interest as the clumsy man bumped into him as he reached for a napkin.

Now that he knew what was going on, Severus was very aware that Hagrid was acting very much like an awkward teenage trying to make his crush notice him. It was sickening. But he did not tell the man to stop, either. Severus called himself a dozen kinds of fool everytime he failed to take an opportunity to end it. Nor could he justify his lapse.

As Christmas approached, the brushes became a little more deliberate. It was not uncommon for Hagrid to touch his arm or his shoulder as they passed in the hall or spoke to one another. Severus would just look at the point of contact with an internal mixture of fear, horror, and wonder. His expression would be blank. Then Hagrid would take his hand away, and they would continue on.

On Christmas Morning, Severus and Severin had gone over to the Gamekeeper's hut. Predictably, the boys had a good deal more presents than the two adults. The twins had become a common sight together, and most people who had sent a gift to Charlie also sent a gift to Severin, for which Severus was glad. Severus had bought twice his usual complement of gifts; the usual amount going to Severin, and another set for Charlie now. He smirked as the two boys took in the large piles of paper wrapped boxes. Those wrapped in silver and green were a healthy percentage and Severus had to give a mental reminder to himself that spoiling one's children was a complaint he used to have about parents.

If their shouts of joy hadn't given him a headache, he might have forgiven himself this once. Instead, he smirked down at the pair of them as they tore through the wrapping paper and pretended an indifference he did not feel.

It was then that Hagrid came up from behind him, and slipped an arm around his waist.

If he was given to hysterical laughter, he might have given into the impulse. Distantly, he recognized the scene as one of impossible domesicity. Two parents watching their children open Christmas presents. What could be more innocent?

But his attention was as far away from the boys at that moment as it could be. He was too busy noticing the weight and warmth of Hagrid's arm and body. He wondered if Hagrid was even half as aware of every point of contact between them as he was. Whether he meant to be standing this close or if the half-giant had simply taken the position without really thinking about it. He did not know which would scare him more.

Still, he made no move to pull away. He did not understand why his body would betray him like this, why his tongue would not rise to his defense as it would if Hagrid had been anybody else. The large, thick fingers brushed lightly against his hip, and Severus gave up trying to keep his breathing regular. A glance at Hagrid's face showed an only partially surpressed smile, though that could have as easily been for the boys who were still whooping happily as they opened their gifts.

However, the half-giant's eyes did widen with surprise and delight when Severus pressed his body against the large one beside him as he instinctively tried to escape the questing fingers. Severus quickly turned his attention back to the children - or pretended to. Having taken his movement as encouragement, Hagrid beamed happily and tightened his hold around Severus's waist.

Severus's heart pounded and he recognized with self-disgust that part of him was enjoying this entirely too much. "Oh God," Severus whimpered, too quietly for the boys to hear as Hagrid turned them so that, if either twin looked in their direction, they would not see that Hagrid's hand had just discovered the interest Severus's body held.

Fortunately, the boys soon finished unwrapping their presents, grabbed their new Lightning Bolt broomsticks and gleefully left the house. Leaving him alone with Hagrid.

The half-giant bent down to kiss him.

No, his mind babbled in denial, Not happening. It's just another nightmare. Wake up, Severus. Wake up! But the Hagrid in his dreams never kissed him. He found himself lifting his chin with some external assistance to met the lips. Hagrid tasted of earth and sweat. It was, surprisingly, not a bad taste. Curiously, fatalistically, he opened his lips and invited the foreign muscle inside. There was no stopping what was coming now.

It lasted too long. Or not long enough. Severus wasn't sure which. His heart pounded with increasing terror for every moment he did not pull away. For every wet brush the Other made against what belonged in his mouth. When Hagrid broke it, the interested part of Severus's body was fully eager for something more.

He was shaking badly enough that he needed Hagrid's support to stay upright. "All righ', ther, love?" Hagrid asked softly, almost in amusemnet.

"Fine," Severus managed, deciding now was not the time to contemplate too heavily on Hagid's chosen form of address. "I need." But what he needed got caught in his throat, and Hagrid grinned knowingly.

The bed was where it had been the last time. Hagrid gently laid him down on it. "If yeh doan want this, if it's too fas' fer yeh, just say so." He waited for the go-ahead, fingers poised over the top button of Severus's robes.

The dream Hagrid never did that either, and Severus hesitated, knowing he should stop this, knowing it was only going to hurt. But instead of the 'Get the hell away from me' that he wanted to say, what came out - in a remarkably calm voice - was "Do you know what you're doing this time?"

Hagrid blushed, and Severus felt a moment of deja vu. But Hagrid nodded. "Madam Pince found meh some'at to read 'bout it."

Severus closed his eyes and fell back against the mattress under him. Kill me now. He was fairly certain he was blushing now. "Gods." Convinced now that the whole school would believe they had done this regardless of whether they did or not, he groaned and opened his eyes again to see Hagrid looking down at him with an uncertain expression on his face. "What?"

"Some'at's botherin' yeh."

"I prefer not to have my sex life the topic of Hogwarts rumour."

Severus was somewhat surprised to see this prompt a grin under Hagrid's beard. His large fingers traced Severus's face, and the fear that had begun to ebb flowed back as he realized he had just all but given permission. Oh, hell, it can't be as bad as I remember it. He began to unbutton his robe. Hagrid's eyes and smile widened, then he brushed Severus's hands aside and took over.

It was . . . different, being undressed by somebody else. Almost soothing, yet at the same time, he felt like he was another of Hagrid's presents getting unwrapped. The robe came off first, leaving him in a white shirt and black trousers. Then the shirt slowly came undone, and Hagrid's fingers took liberties exploring his exposed skin. By the time Hagrid pulled Severus's trousers and smallclothes down, his erection was almost painful. Hagrid smiled and ran a thick digit along the rigid length, and Severus jerked under the touch, gasping out, "Merlin!"

Hagrid undressed himself quickly, as Severus was in no condition to help. As the log came out again, his breathing hitched in terror. But his face remained unclouded by the fear and his legs spread apart of their own accord. That Hagrid had been reading up on the subject was clearly obvious as he began stroking Severus's body. It was nothing like the awkward fumbling of the first time. Befoe long, he was gasping and squirming under the gentle ministrations.

But when Hagrid cast a lubrication charm and the first finger breached him, all of Hagrid's hard work to relax him went up in smoke. Hagrid recognized it; he was too good with dangerous animals not to. He studied Severus' carefully black face. "Do yeh want this, Sev'rus?"

No! his mind screamed. Yes! that traitor body part wailed. "It hurts," his tongue whispered.

Hagrid's epression changed from one of concern to guilt. He wiggled the finger that was still a short ways inside him. "This hurts now?"

Severus shook his head. "No. Last time. It hurt."

"Shh," Hagrid hushed him as if he were Charlie with a scraped knee. The big man leaned forward and kissed Severus's forehead. "Tell me if it hurts," he whispered, and the finger inside began to move around and deeper. It didn't hurt, not at all. Particularly with the added distraction of Hagrid's other hand sliding along Severus's prick. He was begining to relax into a moaning and groaning pattern when the single finger in his arse was joined by another while a hot wet mouth closed over where a moment ago there had been a fist.

Severus yelped and bucked and began a litany of every member of any pantathelon he could think of. The fingers twisted inside him, stretching probing, sissoring to prepare him. The tongue swirled around his manhood, turning his brain to mush and letting his body take over. His own tongue called out for more in the midst of the catalogue of dieties. He screamed and came into Hagrid's mouth as the questing finger brushed what he could only assume was his prostrate. Hagrid choked a bit, but Severus was in no condition to remark on it. "Oh God, Merlin, Zeus, Hagrid, Thor. . ."

Hagrid chuckled, sending the most peculiar sensations up Severus's spent prick. A third half-giant finger slid into him as the mouth left him and latched instead onto his nipple. "You'll have to tell me, aah, which books Pince gave you," Severus managed to gasp.

Hagrid left off long enough to grin at him. "Charlie Weasley had sum poin'ers, too."

That was not something Severus wanted to know about his other son's namesake.

Fortunately, he wasn't given much opportunity to think about it. The fingers slid out, and both hands lifted his hips as Hagrid positioned himself. Severus's anxiety began to creep back. "Yeh kin still say no, Sev'rus."

Arguments pro and con flew back and forth in his mind, almost too fast for him to grasp. But his eyes were already closing, and he was already forcing himself to relax. "Do it."

It pushed into him, slowly but implaccably. It was big, as big as he remembered it to be. Filling him, splitting him. His breathing came shallowly and he fought to remain calm and relaxed. He had been breached, but Hagrid was still a far cry from fully sheathed when he stopped. "All righ' there, Sev?"

Severus took a moment to adjust himself to this level of invasion before nodding. "Fine."

"It doan hurt?"

Severus gave him a weak glare. "You're a half giant, of course it bloody hurts. But it's not like before. Go on."

A few more centimeters, then another pause. "All righ', Sev?"

"We'll be here all day at this rate. Go on." He went in the rest of the way, albeit slowly, without further pause. Once he was fully sheathed, he looked down at Severus. His eyes asked clearly All righ', Sev? It did hurt. But it was nothing like the searing agony of the first time. He felt overly stretched rather than torn and snapped. "Give me a minute."

"When'er yer ready, Sev." The half-giant's eyes . . . twinkled. "I think I could stay 'ere ferever and die 'appy."

"Pleasant as the thought of a dead man inside me is, I think I'm ready now." The spark of gallows humour and sarcasm were old friends and more comforting to him than a relaxing charm.

"Yer a morbid man, Prof'ser Snape." He gave no opportunity for agreement or rebuttal as he slowly began to move in and out. Severus decided Hagrid was a much better lover when the larger man wasn't nervous, embarrassed, and completely unknowledgable of the mechanics. Hagrid had more control on himself this time, as well, which certainly helped. Severus reluctantly admitted that the undivided attention and concern for his well-being was something he could learn to enjoy. Then the massive appendage inside him brushed that spot, and when he regained control of his thoughts, he decided that the sex wasn't bad either. If the improvement from first time to second was that remarkable, by the fourth or fifth time he probably wouldn't even notice the pain. Then he decided he was thinking too much. He let go of his self-restraint and allowed his body to move by instinct.

Flesh slapped against flesh as he rose to meet each thrust. The pain flared again as Hagrid penetrated deeper, but Severus had stopped paying attention to that. Soon, Hagrid stiffened and Severus was filled with rushing wetness. Both men collapsed to the bed, breathing hard. "Yeh all righ', there?"

Severus took mental inventory of his physical condition, then nodded, "Fine. Exhausted and sore, but I understand these are common side effects."

Oh, good, you're done. Dad, Uncle Ron just invited Charlie and me to the Weasleys, can we go? You and Hagrid are invited, too, but maybe you want to get washed up first?

Severus felt himself blushing. "Merlin." How much did you see and feel of that?

He felt Severin's bright mental grin. Enough to see why people might want to do that voluntarily. I think I want a smaller boyfriend though.

"Gods."

"Sev?" Hagrid asked in concern, propping himself up on an elbow.

Severus looked up into Hagrid's worried face, hovering only inches from his own. "I think we've just scarred Severin for life." Having been told about the mental link in depth, Hagrid immediately understood the problem and blushed redder than Severus had ever seen him go.

So can we go to the Weasleys? For having just seen at least some of his parents having sex, the eleven year old sounded remarkably normal.