RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"All right, Blair," Lynne said, approaching him and pulling the gown down around his waist. "I'm just going to give you a quick physical, then you'll get your shot." She pressed the stethoscope to his chest. "Take a deep breath for me. Exhale. Good." She moved the stethoscope. "Again." And around to his back. "Once more, please." She hung the instrument around her neck and began probing his neck with her fingers. "Everything looks good so far," she commented.

"Because you're still nursing--or were until just now," she corrected herself, "you still have reasonably high hormone levels. I'm going to be reducing the dosage to begin with, and monitoring your progress closely. You're not going to lose these," she said, patting one small breast. "And because you're lactating, expect that to continue as well."

Blair groaned.

"I wish I could tell you differently, but I'm afraid that by overlapping your pregnancies like this, that's just something you're going to have to put up with. Could you lie down for me, please?"

Blair complied, swinging his legs up onto the table and scrunching himself up nearer the head end of the bed.

"Now for your favorite part. Knees up, please."

Reluctantly, Blair bent his knees, grateful that Dr. Casey was a pure professional while doing her exams.

She pushed the gown up to his waist, and began probing the lymph nodes in his groin. She did a quick exam of his genitals, finishing up with a digital rectal exam.

"All done," she said, smiling and pulling the gown back down. "You can go ahead and get dressed. When you're ready, I'll have Raymond draw some blood for the lab tests."

After Lynne had gone, Blair dressed quickly and sat in the chair next to the small desk. Raymond knocked on the door and cracked it open. "Come on in," Blair invited.

"You're a braver man than I am, Dr. Sandburg," Raymond chuckled. "Back for a second go around, eh?"

"Second, and last," Blair told him.

Raymond laid out his supplies and found himself a good vein. "I really admire Dr. Casey's patients," he said as he slipped the tiny needle neatly into the blood vessel and began to draw the first of three vials of blood. "You guys have some set of balls to go through that hell just to have a baby."

"It's not all unpleasant," Blair told him. "There were rough spots, true, but there were great times, too. It's not for everyone. I'll be the first to admit that, but don't knock it till you've tried it." He grinned.

"All done," Raymond announced. "Dr. Casey should be right back in."

Five minutes later, Lynne returned, syringe in hand. "Roll up your sleeve. Here we go." She jammed the needle home and depressed the plunger.

"You're probably not going to have quite the reaction you did the first time," she informed him. "First of all, you already have a moderate level of female hormones in your system, and secondly, the dosage I'm giving you is less than before. Just remember to take it a little easy at first, just in case."

"Okay. I'll be careful. Thanks, Lynne."

"Drop in anytime tomorrow morning for your next injection."

Blair waved his assent as he breezed out of the room. "Jim, Lover, take me home," he said as he waltzed past his partner, heading for the exit.

Jim smiled at Lynne and shook his head. "Those injections make him even weirder than normal."

Lynne chuckled in return. "Good luck!"