RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Finally! A day off." Jim sighed. "How about a hike up into the mountains? Maybe we could get a little fishing in."

"We've pawned Laurene off on Flo a lot recently," Blair mentioned. "I thought it might be nice doing something we could all do as a family."

"We can hike as a family," Jim argued. "We like the mountains. Maybe we could camp out."

"Can you imagine camping with Laurene along? I don't think so, Partner." Blair was shaking his head.

"Well, what do you suggest then?"

"How about a day at the beach?" The very thought animated the younger man. He began excited hand gestures as he spoke. "We could pack a picnic lunch, take along some beach stuff, and have a great time. Laurene would love the ocean. The sound alone is soothing. You've said so yourself."

"Well, Chief," Jim dragged out his thought, "a day at the beach. . . ."

"You don't like the idea." Blair sat back against the couch cushions and crossed his arms, a pout curving down the corners of his expressive lips.

"It's not that I don't like the idea," Jim began, making the mistake of looking over at the man on the other end of the couch. "Oh, don't give me that look!"

"What look?" Blair asked, continuing the slightly affronted pout.

"That look," Jim said, exasperated. "Okay. Okay. The beach it is." He threw up his hands in defeat.

Blair was suddenly animated again. "You won't be sorry, Jim. We'll have a great time. You'll see."

"Can I surf?" Jim asked, hopefully.

Blair gave him the Look again, and handed the baby to him. "What do you think?"

"I'll leave the board at home," Jim sighed.