RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Sweaty and spent after over an hour of passionate celebrating, the two men snuggled together, spooned back to front, with Jim's arm protectively wrapped around Blair's waist. He nuzzled his face into Blair's long hair. "Don't cut it."

"What?" Blair's voice was groggy with sleep.

Jim ran his hand down the length of Blair's hair, which he hadn't trimmed since the pregnancy. It now hung halfway to his waist in a riot of auburn curls. "Don't cut your hair," he muttered against Blair's neck.

Twisting to get a look at the crazy man behind him, Blair chuckled. "And have you start calling me 'Rapunzel'? I don't think so. Besides, I'm a professor now. I need to look the part."

"Not short, okay?" Jim conceded.

"No, not short, Jim," Blair agreed. "Now go to sleep."


June - Pacific Beach, Washington:

"I like the hair," Jim commented, brushing his hand through curls that bounced just above Blair's shoulders--long enough to tie back, while short enough to feel "academic."

"Not too short?" Blair adjusted the baby carrier on his chest, before lifting Laurene out of her car seat.

"Well, you know I liked it longer, but this is nice," Jim conceded.

Blair proceeded to tie the coveted hair back into a ponytail. "What?" he said, when he saw Jim watching him. "You think I'm going to walk on the beach with my hair down? I'd never get the tangles combed out."

Jim just shook his head and gathered their supplies from the back of the truck. "Think we have enough stuff here, Chief?" he asked, unloading a picnic basket, blanket, buckets and sand shovels, a rubber beach ball, and a bottle of Baby SPF 40 sunblock.

"I just hope we didn't forget anything," Blair commented, taking the picnic basket and leaving Jim to carry the rest of the paraphernalia.

As they headed across the parking lot to the beach access, Jim's mind drifted back to the previous evening.