RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"That was a nice party," Jim said, backing Blair through the door to their apartment and steering him over to the stairs, "but I'm ready for a little private celebrating. How about you?"

In answer, Blair was already scrabbling at Jim's shirt buttons. He yanked the shirttails from Jim's pants and tore the shirt open, popping the last couple buttons. He leaped into Jim's arms, wrapping his legs firmly around narrow hips and burrowing his face into the junction of neck and shoulder, nipping at the sensitive skin there.

Further words were unnecessary, as Jim carried Blair up the stairs and lowered him carefully to their bed.

"You, Doctor Sandburg, are the smartest, sexiest Ph.D. I know."

"I'm the only Ph.D. you know," Blair guffawed.

"Not true," Jim protested. "But even so, you're still the smartest, sexiest. . ."

"Yeah, yeah. I get the picture." Laughing, Blair began work on Jim's slacks, loosening the belt and unbuttoning the waistband.

The couple wasted no time disrobing each other, and soon lay stretched out side by side. Jim propped himself up on an elbow, and let his hand glide down Blair's arm where it rested on his side. He followed the curve of the arm down to the strong, square hand which rested near his groin. Grasping it, he pulled the hand to his lips, kissing the fingers.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered. "I'm so lucky to have you."

Blair opened his mouth to speak, but closed it quickly when Jim rolled him onto his back and began ghosting a hand over the slight swell of his breasts, down to his stomach. The hand slid beneath the head of his straining erection to come to rest over his navel. Blair waited, knowing there was something his mate wanted to say, giving him time to collect his thoughts.

"I want us to have a son." The words were spoken so softly, Blair almost missed them. At his sharp intake of breath, Jim continued. "But I'm afraid of risking you again. I don't think I could live without you, Blair. You're my other half. You complete me."

"We can do this, Jim," Blair responded, also keeping his voice low. "We know what to expect. I'll be fine."

"I meant what I said a while back about loving your pregnant body," Jim said, allowing his hands to return to the low mounds of Blair's breasts.

"Do they make me seem more feminine?" Blair asked, wondering what it was about pregnancy that turned Jim on.

"Not at all!" Jim protested, surprised by his own reaction. "It's odd, you know," he mused. "But your breasts--there's nothing feminine about them. If anything, they emphasize your masculinity to me."

"What about my waistline? Once that starts to expand, there's nothing masculine about it," Blair pointed out.

"Au contraire," Jim argued. "To me every beautiful change in your body just emphasizes your manhood. I can't explain it," he continued. "I know it sounds weird, but that's just the way I feel. It's a miracle. And it's a part of you."

"So, um, does this mean you agree?" Blair asked tentatively.

"I've thought about it, like I said I would," Jim told him. "And today, during your presentation and defense, it dawned on me. Ever since we met, I've treated you like a big kid. Even after we became lovers, on some level, I saw you as not quite mature . . . emotionally, I guess." When Blair opened his mouth to protest, Jim placed two fingers against his lips to silence him. "It surprised me, too. I don't think it was ever a conscious thought on my part. But watching you up there, wowing your committee and the rest of the audience, I realized that you are mentally and emotionally as mature as you are physically. You're more than capable of making a reasoned decision, without my interference. I just have one request."

Blair stared up at him, blue eyes asking the question.

"Before we make the final decision, I'd like for you to think about it. Give my concerns some real thought; don't just toss them aside. Consider both the pros and the cons equally. Then tell me what you want."

Blair nodded his assent. His lips parted, and Jim released him, moving his hand to cup a cheek, tracing the delicate curve of an ear with one finger. "Have I told you lately that I love you?" Reaching up with both hands, Blair pulled Jim down in a tender, but passionate, kiss.