RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


The next day, Blair woke, excited to put his ideas to the test. After Megan had left for work, he got dressed and bundled Laurene for a day on the town. He went out shopping, first picking up a small white noise generator, then going around to the more natural-based baby shops, looking for special formulas, moisture detectors, and aromatherapy candles.

Returning to the apartment, he began to mix several different formulas that the stores' owners had recommended. When it came feeding time, Blair settled in the big chair, an array of different formulas on the table beside him. He'd also paid extra for the "natural nipples" for the bottles. After the fourth try, he actually found a formula blend Laurene seemed willing to eat. "Most like natural breast milk," the can proclaimed. Must be right, Blair agreed, smiling. He finished off the session with the real thing, knowing he was going to find weaning very difficult when the time came.

When it was time for her nap, Blair laid the baby on his bed, surrounded by pillows so she wouldn't roll off. He put the white noise generator on the night stand, and turned it on. The quiet hissing filled the room. He closed the door and, for the next three hours, found he had time on his hands.