Scared by Sara
Summary: If you like Frieza in anyway, you won't after this, and if you don't like him…come join the torture party! Angst, death, cruelty to children, yaoi, lemon, male pregnancy (so far….) Um…oh yeah, maybe best read listening to Thankyou by Dido, that's the song I listened to while writing this…
Categories: Dragon Ball Z Characters: Frieza, Original, Raditz, Vegeta, Vegeta/Frieza, Zarbon
Genres: Slash
Warnings: Abuse, Alien Conception, Angst, Birth, Brain-Insane, Complete, Forced Conception, m/m, Non- Con, Out Of Character, Slave/Master, Yaoi
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 13560 Read: 8301 Published: 04/04/2011 Updated: 04/04/2011

1. Chapter 1 - Book 1 The Beginning by Sara

2. Chapter 2 by Sara

3. Chapter 3 by Sara

4. Chapter 4 by Sara

5. Chapter 5 by Sara

6. Chapter 6 by Sara

7. Chapter 7 by Sara

8. Chapter 8 by Sara

9. Chapter 9 by Sara

10. Chapter 10 by Sara

Chapter 1 - Book 1 The Beginning by Sara
"The one thing that I'm scared of
Is losing hold of you
I get these shivers down my spine
Feel my body turning blue." A1
– `Scared'

Vegeta sat in his room on Frieza's ship, taking deep breaths and trying to ignore the sharp pains in his swollen belly. This had been going on for about 6 hours now, but Vegeta had been through this before, and knew he didn't need any help…yet.

A particularly sharp contraction tore through his abdomen, causing him to tighten his hold on the edge of the metal desk, which had already been warped by his clenched fist. After about a minute, the pain faded away leaving Vegeta gasping, loathe as he was to call for a doctor, he knew it wouldn't do him or the baby any good if he put it off for even longer.

Just as he was about to call over the intercom, one of the men who had been secretly keeping an eye on Vegeta throughout his pregnancy, something which Frieza had banned, came in to see his patient looking ready to be taken to theatre.

Vegeta put up no protest as the nurse picked him up and carried him out of the room where he had spent the last 2 months, and over to the operating theatre where the baby would be `removed' as they put it.

He was stood next to the bed and held up as another contraction shot through him, threatening to make his knees give out. Vegeta gritted his teeth, doing his best to keep up his façade of strength even through labour.

After what seemed like an eternity the pain passed, and he felt a sharp pain in his spine as the needle was inserted, this time making his entire lower body collapse, so that he had to be lifted onto his back where the doctors began cleaning his skin and testing the equipment.

Finally, the lighting in the room was changed so that Vegeta was forced to squint, leaving him only able to make out the shadows of people. He felt the pressure of the knife applied just below his naval area and felt as it moved across, cutting through the scar tissue that was already there. This stopped as the sensation of muscle and internal organs being moved took over and made way for the baby to be cut out.

After what must have only been about a minute, Vegeta heard the quiet gasping breaths, then the crying of his second child. He turned his head, following the doctor as he took the baby across the room to clean it up and test it's power level.

As he watched this, Vegeta was blissfully unaware of the father of the child as he walked in the door, until he crossed into his line of vision as he approached the doctor and the baby who was still crying.

Despite his current condition and the fact that from the rib cage down his body was useless Vegeta tried to sit up and say something… anything to take Frieza's attentions away from the child. However he felt another small pain in his arm and turned around, only to fall back onto the bed as the room began spinning and the rest of his body gave into the new drug

The last words he heard were Frieza telling the doctor to kill the brat.

"Save me from drowning in the sea,
Beat me up on the beach
What a lovely holiday
There's nothing funny left to say" Robbie Williams – `Road To Mandalay'

Zarbon stood quietly near the door as he watched Frieza circle the incubator that the baby had been placed in.

"I wonder what made this one different to the last brat?" Frieza mumbled to himself, half expecting Zarbon not to hear him.

"Maybe it's just that he has more of your genes than the last one?"

"Hmm, the last one was a weakling. Even by monkey standards."

"So shall I send for someone to kill him now…"

"No. This child could make a good ally, and being his loving father I'm sure there'd be no reason for him to want to hurt me. I think I'll keep him, just tell Vegeta that he's dead. I don't want him getting any ideas."

"Yes sir."

"Ok, you may leave. I want to bond with my child."

Zarbon bowed his head and walked out the door, bracing himself to tell Vegeta that his second child was dead. He hated doing this, he really didn't like Vegeta and all but it was still…wrong.

He gave himself a mental shrug, and carried on towards the sick bay where, with luck, Vegeta would still be in the regeneration tank so he could leave it to the doctors to inform him. Zarbon felt guilty for lying, he'd never had kids himself, but he'd lost his younger brother who'd also been brought aboard Frieza's ship, and had been killed by Frieza while Zarbon had been sitting in his room glad that he wasn't him the tyrant was paying his attentions to. Now whenever he remembered that he was consumed with guilt, his brother had been rushed to a regeneration tank only to die the minute they put him in it and no amount of trying could bring him back.

Zarbon gave himself a mental slap as he realised that he had reached the medical bay, he walked in and over to the room where Vegeta would be kept, almost crossing his fingers that Vegeta would still be in the tank, only to have his hopes dashed as he walked in.

The prince of Saiyans was sat on a chair, pulling his armour over his head and then bending down to pull his boots on, his stomach was almost flat again. He did nothing to acknowledge Zarbon as he walked over to him.

"Vegeta, I'm here to tell you that…your child is dead," Zarbon said quietly, as though that wouldn't make it sound as bad.

He watched as Vegeta froze for a moment whilst pulling one boot on, then gave a slight shake of his head.

"What do I care?"

Zarbon almost believed his act, until Vegeta stood up keeping his face lowered slightly, he saw a tell tale shine down the cheek, which Vegeta tried to casually get rid of by pretending there was an itch there.

Instead of remarking on it like he usually would, Zarbon just turned and walked out to go take his frustrations out on some unfortunate soldier trying to ignore the invisible daggers being thrown at his back.
Chapter 2 by Sara
"I'm a survivor, I'm not gonna give up
I'm not gonna stop, I'm gonna work harder
I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it
I will survive, keep on surviving." Destiny's Child – `Survivor'

24 years later…

Indira sat hidden in the tree, trying to ignore his growling stomach. He could smell dinner being cooked but he didn't want to leave just yet, the view was too good and when he got home his mum would make him study, something he hated. Was it really so wrong to want to spar for a few hours everyday?

He gave a long, over dramatic sigh; he was 24 years old and the strongest person on this planet yet he let his mother boss him about like…her kid.

Another over dramatic sigh, aimed at everything this time. He felt kinda guilty, he loved his family and all, but he couldn't help wondering where he had come from.

He gave another sigh, and flicked his tail, causing a few small branches to snap off.

"HEY!"

Indira started slightly and looked down to where his elder brother Tapion was looking up at him seemingly peeved. Seeing this, Indira posted a look of shock on his tanned face and looked up.

"Damn birds! No bloody manners!"

After this practised outburst, he chanced a look down to see Tapion had folded his arms across his chest and was still pretty annoyed, but on closer examination he could see the humour beneath it.

"What you doing our here?"

"The mothership sent me, you're behind in your studies," Tapion shouted up with a grin. Being a fighter meant that he didn't have to bother with any of that.

"Yeah, I know but I don't wanna go back just yet!"

Tapion regarded his younger brother for a moment, and then floated up to sit on a branch next to him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing! Why did you think that?"

"Because, these ears are this big for a reason you know. I could hear you sighing like a mad cow as I walked over here! So tell me!"

"Well I just keep wondering about my real parents, I love it here and all don't get me wrong but I can't help wondering."

Tapion said nothing and waited for the question he knew was going to come soon.

"Can you tell me about how you found me again?"

This time it was Tapion's turn to give the long, drawn out sigh.

"OK, I was coming home from working out, when I saw a space shuttle pass overhead and land nearby. Of course it might have been a threat or something so I went to investigate. And when I get there, I see the thing open up and this guy stumbles out holding a child, you. So I sit and watch to see what he does."

Then, when I'm about to walk out, he aims this gun thing on his wrist at you, and I couldn't let him kill a kid so I just ran out with my sword and bam – he was dead and you were sat on the ground looking up at me."

"What did you think, you know, when you first saw me?"

"You want the nice answer or the truth?" Tapion asked with a grin.

"Truth."

"Ok, I was thinking how strange you looked. I recognised straight away that you were part Saiyan, you've got the hair and the skin, but your eyes and tail threw me, I've never seen or heard of a Saiyan with red eyes, or a furless tail for that matter."

Indira just nodded at this, he'd heard it all before but by hearing it over and over again he hoped to be able to pick up some of his past.

"And the guy with me definitely wasn't a parent?"

"Not a chance, he was a completely different race altogether."

"Ah, what about changelings? That's what those scientists said I was part of right?"

"Yep, I don't know much about them really. They're really strong and agile, that's about it."

"Right."

Both the men sat in silence, until some annoyed noises came from below them.

"Tapion! Indira! Mum said to get back home now! Dinners ready and mines going cold thanks to you!" Minoshia shouted as he looked up the tree to see his brothers staring down at him.
Chapter 3 by Sara
Chapter 3

"You think that I'm strong,
You're wrong, you're wrong." Robbie Williams – `Strong'

"We are nearing the planet Konack, wake up Prince Zarbon."

Zarbon mumbled something to himself as his forced his eyes open. He stretched his limbs as best he could in the small pod while he looked at the planet in front of him. So this was the planet his mother has spoken of.

When Frieza first began his reign over the galaxies, a few people of his race, his mother included, left for here. Of course none of them would be alive now, most of them had been female, the men had all believed the partnership with Frieza would last. Not long after Zarbon realised why all the psychics of his planet had been female. He leaned his head back against the headrest and wondered what it would be like. He'd been searching for this planet for years and was glad Frieza hadn't had the chance to destroy it.

Zarbon shook his head; it was 21 years since a Saiyan had killed Frieza, and he still couldn't believe it. Of course everyone thought he had died after Vegeta threw him into the water, when in truth he had waited until everyone had left then sneaked out and took Kui's space pod away from the planet.

While he mused over these thoughts, his ship entered the atmosphere and hurled towards the ground. Zarbon braced himself for the impact, not expecting it when his pod struck the edge of a cliff, sending it cart wheeling towards a forest. Unprepared for this he hit his head on the rim of the window and knocked himself out.

The first thing he thought of when he woke up was the throbbing on one side of his head, he started to open his eyes as his hand moved up to rub the sore patch on his forehead. The light prevented him from opening his eyes fully but there was a familiar shadow in front of him…

"Hey, you OK?"

Zarbon pushed himself up, glad of the assistance of someone's tail helping him, and sat still for a moment while the wave of dizziness passed.

He started blinking, clearing out his eyes, then turned to the stranger.

As he opened his mouth, he froze. An almost familiar pair of red eyes were looking at him. Zarbon almost passed out in shock, until he saw the difference.

These eyes were curious not malicious, then he looked at the rest of the man he was sat in front of. Dark spiky hair, tanned skin, not particularly tall but muscular, and the tail, part of which was holding him up was long and thicker than any Saiyan tail. So this is what had happened to him.

Indira was beginning to get nervous, this guy was staring at him like…. he was gonna grow fangs and attack him.

Eventually there was a reaction, but not the one he expected.

"Ahhhhh!" the pale skinned man pointed at him and started backing off.

"What?"

"You're…"

"I'm…?"

"Frieza's kid…"

Indira's head snapped up at this.

"You know my parents?"

Zarbon nodded, feeling especially confused. Frieza and Vegeta were this kids parents yet he wasn't violent at all.

"Um…you can come to my house and get cleaned up if you want, then can you tell me about my parents?"

Zarbon started at him for a few moments, then nodded and let the boy help him up.

"Love is like a barren place
Is, reaching out for human faith
Is, is
like a journey I just don't have a map for." Savage Garden –
`To The Moon And Back'

The family and their guest sat around the table eating in silence. Zarbon had been cleaned up and invited to eat, being as he was "too skinny for someone of your race" according to Hera, the woman who obviously ran the household.

He chanced a look at Indira as he had been called. He was eating, but stopping every so often to frown at his food, upon doing this he'd look up and watch Zarbon for about a minute, while he went back to his food trying to ignore it.

"Indira! Stop irritating our guest and eat your food!"

Zarbon's head snapped up as Hera scolded Indira, much to the amusement of Tapion and Minoshia.

"Sorry mum," Indira mumbled. He was silently trying to make everyone eat faster so he could ask about his parents.

Tapion and Minoshia were both eating much slower than normal, probably to annoy him since he could see them both trying not to laugh. Seeing this he made a mental note to beat on them in the next sparring session.

Everyone was shook out of their musings once again as Hera yelled at her two biological sons for taking so long. This time it was Indira's turn to snigger, much to the disgust of his two brothers.

While the pots were being cleared away, Hera had to go out, leaving the men to themselves. Tapion had let him off with clean up duty and had talked Minoshia into it instead. So they both stood at the sink washing and drying the dishes while Zarbon and Indira stayed at the table, sitting in silence for a while until he couldn't take it any longer.

"Tell me about my parents!"

Zarbon started, not expecting this outburst, but willing to answer it.

"Ok, um…your father was Frieza, he was the strongest man in the universe, and I used to work for him. He worked in the planet trade, and was killed 21 years ago by a Supersaiyan."

"He was the changeling right?"

"Yeah, how did you know that?"

"Doctors told me, and Tapion said that they were really strong. But what's a Supersaiyan?"

"What it sounds like, a really strong Saiyan. I think your mother may have been one."

"How did I end up here?"

"Well, from what I heard you were transferred from Frieza's ship to the base, and there when Frieza was killed you were stolen to be killed in case you grew up as nasty as he did, and since your mother thought you were dead there was no hope there…"

"Can you tell me about her?"

"Him."

"What?"

"Him. Your mother was a man, Saiyan men were able to have children due to the lack of females in their species."

"Oh, so what was he like?"

"Well, he was the prince of Saiyans, Vegeta, and…"

This was as far as he got before both of them were brought from their conversation by the sound of a smashing plate.

Both men turned to look in the direction of the noise near the sink, where Tapion was staring at them with his eyes as wide as they could possibly go.

"Vegeta's his mother?" Tapion managed to say.

"Yeah, you know him?"

"Yeah, he's on a planet called Earth!"

"I thought he was dead!"

"Well evidently not – he was alive and kicking when I last saw him!"

Indira watched the two men talk, Tapion knew his mother? He'd known that he'd gone away for a while and fought alongside some saiyans, that's why he knew what they looked like. But that he actually knew his mother??

While the two men continued talking, Indira shook his head to clear it out a bit.

"Tapion?"

Tapion looked over at Indira with shock and wonder plastered across his face.

"Do you think we'll be able to go to Earth?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not. And Trunks can get his wish after all."

"Trunks?"

"Your younger half brother, while I was there he adopted me as his big brother since he was an only child."

"Oh, when can we go?"

Tapion laughed at this, it was like he was 10 years old again.

"Well, we'll have to tell mum when she gets back but you can start packing now…"

"Right!" With this, Indira left the table and ran to his room to get his stuff ready to leave.
Chapter 4 by Sara
"Somewhere out there,
Beneath the
pale moonlight,
Someone's thinking of me,
And loving me tonight." An American tale – `Somewhere Out There'

Hera wiped her eyes as tears threatened to spill from them, while her eldest and youngest sons carried their things into their ship. It wasn't so much for Tapion, but Indira. She knew that when he met his own family he would probably choose to stay with them, meaning that she might not see him again.

Finally she couldn't hold it in any longer and ran up to him throwing her arms round the surprised man, kissing him on the cheek them pulling back and trying to get a hold of herself.

"Remember, change your underwear everyday and eat properly and…."

"I know mum, I know! I'm an adult now remember?"

"I know, but you're still a baby to me, and if you ever need anything you can come straight back here!"

"I know, I'll miss you too, but I will come back one day! Even if it's just a visit!"

"Mmm," was all Hera could say as the tears started falling even faster, Indira just hugged her back and walked onto the ship waving back at her, then he saw a familiar green haired figure making it's way through the crowd.

"Indira! Say hi to Vegeta for me!" Zarbon shouted with a grin.

"Will do…mate!" he replied as he turned around and walked into the ship.

"Bye mum, see you soon," said Tapion as he followed his brother into the ship.

Hera just waved as the door closed and the engines revved up ready for take off.

On Earth…

"Daddy!" shouted Bra when she couldn't find her mum to make her a drink.

She had wandered outside to see her dad sitting on the grass staring at the sky.

"Daddy! Can you make me a drink and staring at the sky is bad for your eyes mummy said so!"

Vegeta looked down at his daughter, then silently picked her up and carried her into the kitchen.

"What drink do you want?"

"Orange juice please."

Vegeta made the drink and handed it to his daughter before wandering back outside and once again sitting on the grass, pointedly ignoring the loud noises coming from the gravity room where his son and Goten were supposed to be training.

When he heard the tapping of familiar footsteps behind him he tried applying the same technique, but was forced to reconsider when Kakarrot's face appeared upside down a few inches away from his own.

Vegeta took a swipe at Goku's face with one hand while reaching behind him to make him move back.

"What do you want Kakarrot?"

"Wanna spar? Gohan's busy today and Goten," Goku looked over to the gravity room and didn't finish the sentence.

"Hmm…Ok then."

Goku watched as Vegeta stood up, waiting for the usual threat that today would be the day he lost and becoming blatantly shocked when Vegeta took off for their sparring ground without a word.

`Wonder what's wrong with him? Hmm' Goku mused to himself not thinking much of it.

After the ship had gone through the atmosphere, Indira began staring out the window.

"Wow, it looks so lonely out there…"

"Hmm…I know, but there's billions of life forms there, although there's a few less in our galaxy after that big explosion hit it, our planet was lucky enough to be one of the ones it missed."

"Yeah, you said. So how long do you think it'll take us to get there?"

"In this ship, um…without any trouble I should say about 6 months."

"Six months?! But…but…"

"I know it's a long time, but we'll get there."

Indira sighed and started out the window for a moment or two longer.

"Do you think he'll be happy to see me?"

"I don't know, why do you ask?"

"Well under the circumstances, I wasn't exactly wanted was I?"

"Hmm…but he's still your mum so he's got to love you in some way, even if it's not blatantly obvious like ours!"

"Yeah, so can you tell me about him?"

"Vegeta? I could try, I didn't see too much of him, it was more his wife and son. But…"

"Waiting for the moment to come
I'm lost in this maze that, I've stumbled upon
Dreaming of a beautiful end,
These wounds don't heal easy, but I'm trying to mend." Point Break – `You'

After Tapion's long view of Vegeta and what he'd heard about him, Indira gave a small sigh of relief.

"I'm glad he's not as bad as Zarbon makes out, although I can kind of see why he was like that I mean, my…father… was…I can't really think of a word for it."

"I'd like to tell you something about him too, but I don't know anything. Although Zarbon said a Supersaiyan killed him, so it could have been either Goku or Vegeta, maybe you could try asking Goku about him?"

"Yeah, but I don't think I wanna know anymore…"

"Hmm…well at least you know your mum's someone to be proud of!"

"Yeah, but from what I heard he did some pretty horrible stuff as well…"

"Well he was raised by Frieza, so you can't really blame him."

"True."

The two men sat in silence; occasionally looking out the window wondering how Vegeta would react to the fact that one of his children was still alive.

Vegeta lay on his bed staring at the ceiling.

The window was open with a slight breeze shuffling the curtains every so often, he wanted to get up and leave, and maybe do a bit of training but his 5 year old daughter had crawled in between him and Bulma during the night and currently had her head and arm on his chest preventing him from moving without waking her.

Looking down at her, he could feel all his old memories of years before, bubbling up in his mind. He made a partial attempt to block them off but felt very mentally tired since the same images had been haunting him the last few days. Instead he brought one of his hands up and covered his eyes with it, hoping in some part of his mind that if he covered his eyes he wouldn't have to see this.

******

He'd been 16 the first time he'd found out that he was pregnant. Of course he hadn't known that he was, only that he must have caught some sort of illness.

He remembered various points of it, being sick all day, feeling tired, eating even more than Nappa and Radditz and of course feeling a lot moodier, many of Frieza's men died just for looking at him in a way Vegeta didn't see fit.

He hadn't bothered questioning a doctor about it, just berated himself for being weak and that it was only a small illness, he finally realised this was a mistake when in the showers another, stronger guard called him lazy and pointing out the fact that his stomach was starting to bulge out.

All Vegeta had done was mumble under his breath what he would do to that freak once he got stronger. However, once he had gone back to his room he walked over to the mirror and turned sideways to see if it was true, and sure enough there it was.

Vegeta looked down at himself and frowned, he knew that he had slacked off in his training a little but not enough to begin causing himself to put on weight. As he examined his stomach he felt it for the first time, a small ki in his stomach, not big enough to be caught on a scouter but definitely there.

It took a moment to register, Vegeta's mind trying desperately to deny it, but after a moment or two it finally sank in. Suddenly feeling light headed, he sank to the floor still staring at his stomach, not noticing the slight shaking of his hands.

He had no idea how long he'd sat like that, but he didn't move when Radditz came in.

"Prince Vegeta?"

No answer.

Radditz was unsure what to do, Vegeta looked in shock but was well known for his violent reactions when people crept up on him and touched him, making Radditz hesitate. He looked at the way he was staring at his stomach…then it hit him what had happened. Although himself and Nappa had known Vegeta was pregnant due to the fact that his scent had changed, Vegeta himself couldn't smell it, he must have just realised…

"Prince Vegeta?" he asked again, louder this time.

A few moments passed, then he got a reaction. Vegeta turned to stare at him, not saying anything with the same look of shock on his face.

`Dammit, he's too young for this!'

Radditz bowed, something he'd stupidly forgotten to do, searching for something to say.

"Would you like to see a doctor my prince?" Radditz asked quietly, unsure and blatantly worried about the reaction he was going to get.

This question seemed to bring Vegeta back to life, much to Radditz's relief, but unfortunately he had to endure 15 minutes of a vocal lashing from Vegeta about how he was the strongest Saiyan alive, and about how he didn't need a doctor.

When he was dismissed, Radditz quickly left the room and spent the next week avoiding the seething Prince.
Chapter 5 by Sara
"Get ready, love will leave you crying
It's gonna hurt you, till your heart is dying
Can't escape it, ain't no use in trying
You're no exception, love will leave you crying too
You're a broken man poor you." Sonia – `Love Will Leave You Crying'

Tapion watched Indira as he stared out of the window, he seemed to be having a lot of doubts about going to see his mother lately, probably because he was scared Vegeta wouldn't want anything to do with him. Tapion couldn't blame him, he hadn't exactly been a planned child and Vegeta wasn't well known by anyone for being affectionate in any way. Maybe when they got to earth they should ask Bulma a few questions about him as well to try and reassure his insecure younger brother. He was broken out of his thinking by what he considered to be the most annoying sound in the universe…Indira flicking his nails against each other. He did it every time he was nervous, but they still had about 5 months to go before they reached Earth, he'd go crazy if he had to listen to it everyday until then. Indira on the other hand, was thinking about his parents, not even noticing what he was doing, or the reaction it was having on his brother. He sat comparing the vision he'd carried throughout his life of his parents and how he'd been separated from them, and the real life version. In his mind, his mum and dad had been in love, had him and loved him as well and they were the perfect family until a man for no apparent reason stole him from them. Looking at it that way it seemed stupid, especially when the real life version was that his father has been taken from his own father at 5 years old, raped repeatedly as he got older, got pregnant and thought that the kids were killed, then going to earth and Namek, being killed, coming back to life and having god knows what else happen to him… Indira sighed, wondering for the hundredth time whether this had been such a good idea, he didn't know what he'd do if Vegeta didn't want anything to do with him. Probably go back to Konack and live there for the rest of his life, but it wouldn't be the same, not knowing that his biological mother didn't love him.

On Earth, Vegeta was sat in the gravity room trying to meditate and clear his mind so that he could get at least one nights sleep this week. He glared at the walls in the gravity machine like it was their fault and scaring them would make it go away. It didn't work. Finally he gave up trying to fight it off, and let the memories take over his mind, hoping that once they had been played they'd leave him alone once again.

******

Throughout the early stages of the pregnancy, Vegeta carried on as he always had, ignoring the taunts and looks from the stronger members of Frieza's men, and killing any of the weaker ones. Needless to say, it wasn't long until Frieza himself had found out; he didn't bother speaking to Vegeta directly but ordered the doctors aboard the ship not to give him any medical attention until the day of the child's birth. At first this was fine with Vegeta, but as the pregnancy moved further along, he became concerned for his own health, and inevitably, his daughters. Finally at 6 months into his pregnancy he was moved to a new area where he was not allowed to train to the extent he usually did. It was in easy reach of the operating theatre since they weren't sure how long Saiyan male pregnancy lasted. Without his usual amount of exercise each day, although he was tired, Vegeta soon developed insomnia, keeping him awake at night while his daughter spent her time proving that she was part Saiyan in case there was any doubt on the part of her mother. It was through times like this, that the maternal instincts began moving into Vegeta. Of course having no experience of any type of emotion that wasn't related at anger, hate or triumph over an enemy was completely foreign, and it wasn't something Vegeta realised he had until the birth.

******

Vegeta was broken out of his thoughts by someone knocking on the door to the gravity room. He looked up to see Kakarrot grinning in at him and motioning with his hands for Vegeta to open the door so they could spar. For a quick laugh, Vegeta just sat watching Goku and grinning, knowing that all Goku would do is get upset and slightly annoyed. This was funny until Goku realised what he was doing and began pulling faces at him through the window, winding Vegeta up into opening the door.

"So Vegeta, you up for a spar?"

"Always."
Chapter 6 by Sara
"I never had a dream come true
Till the day that I found you
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby" S Club 7 – `Never Had A Dream Come True'

6 months later…

"Strap yourself in, I'm gonna try and land this thing now," Tapion said as they passed through the atmosphere.

"Right," Indira didn't like the sound of the word `try' so once he had strapped himself in, he gripped the hand rest and wrapped his tail round the chair. Luckily, the landing went as smoothly as it could, aside from the jolt when they hit the ground, much to Indira's relief. Both men stood up and immediately walked outside so that Tapion could get their bearings, and lead them to where the Z warriors were.

"So which way?"

"Hang on," Tapion looked around, turning round in small circles, trying to find out which way he could sense the strongest people on the planet.

"Well Trunks is that way, and everyone else seems to be in that general direction…give or take about 50 miles…."

Indira didn't even bother to respond; he just took off in the direction Tapion had pointed, knowing his older brother would follow.

Both of the men flew in silence, Tapion because he didn't know what to say, and Indira who was quickly becoming extremely nervous.

"Indira?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you feel that power level that way?"

"Yeah."

"That's Vegeta, he doesn't seem to be powered up so it should be safe enough to see him."

Indira was silent for a moment, then nodded and swerved to follow Tapion.

Vegeta sat with his back against a tree wondering what on Earth he was doing here. Kakarrot was meditating and had invited him along `for some company', that being daft enough he had actually AGREED to it. He looked over to where the other Saiyan was sitting on the ground with his legs folded and hands resting on his knees completely oblivious to the outside world. As he watched, he could feel himself wishing he could achieve that clearness of thought, but his memories wouldn't allow it. He realised his mistake a second too late, as those particular memories flooded his brain, taking off from the night before.

******

Vegeta had been laid in bed at about midnight when the contractions started. At first he took little notice of them, except that they caused him some discomfort, he had been suffering pains like this for the last few weeks, apparently they happened to everyone. He sighed and turned over to face the wall and pull the blanket up so that it covered the lower half of his face and tried to sleep. It didn't take long before he began dropping off again, feeling partially secure in his warm bed, until the first proper contraction ripped through his torso, causing him to cry out before he had a chance to stop himself. He gripped the sheets in his hands, gasping heavily after the contraction ended, even though it had only lasted a few seconds. He'd known childbirth was supposed to be painful, but this was ridiculous, how were people supposed to survive this? Vegeta was so caught up in his thoughts, that he was also unprepared for the next contraction, which lasted longer than the last one and made its way into his back as well. This time he managed to keep his teeth gritted, and buried his face into the pillow to keep from making too much noise, this couldn't be labour, it shouldn't be this painful should it? This continued for the next 6 hours, with the contractions gradually getting longer and longer, and considerably more painful, up to the point where Vegeta ended up bringing all the food he had eaten earlier up on the floor next to his bed.

When one of the doctors came in to check on him, he found Vegeta with his face buried in the pillow, save for his mouth which was pulled away and gasping, he was kneeling on his knees with his rear stuck in the air and one arm wrapped around his stomach. The doctor opened the door and shouted something out to the other men, then rushed over to Vegeta's bed, effortlessly picking him up and carrying him into the operating room, placing him on the table and slipping a needle into is arm, quickly knocking him out.

When he woke up he was in another bed, but in his room where the doctors could keep an eye on him. He blinked a few times to clear the blurriness from his eyes, and then looked over towards the door.

He saw something obscuring his view, so he rubbed his eyes trying to get a good luck at it, and almost passing out in shock when he did. In a small incubator next to him, was a small baby girl, sleeping with her face looking towards him. It took a moment to realise that this baby was his; once he did he began to look at her closely. She was tiny, she'd quite easily fit in Radditz's hand with room to spare, her skin was pale, but he couldn't be sure whether that was the fact that she was a baby or due to the genes from Frieza, her tail was Saiyan and currently splayed out to the side with the end twitching. He couldn't see much else about her, except that she looked like a regular baby, but more beautiful.

Vegeta snapped awake at that last thought. Where did that come from? He laid there for about half an hour looking at her, until she began to move, then his body and subconscious took over and made him sit up, reach into the incubator and pick her out to cuddle her against his chest. He watched her fully open her eyes and look up at him. Black, her eyes were the same colour as his, she'd grow up to look exactly like a Saiyan. For the first time since he'd been taken from his home planet, Vegeta smiled.

Only a slight one, but a smile nonetheless. He watched her start looking around at her surroundings then back at him. Vegeta watched at she seemed to study him for a minute, then her face brightened up with a toothless grin and she began waving her arms around and making cooing noises.

Vegeta gave a small laugh at the noises, and brought his tail round to wave it in front of her to see her reaction. He watched, not bothering to hide the grin at the facial expressions she was going through, first she froze, staring at his tail like it might bite, and she got curious and one she got hold of the end she began cooing and gurgling again.

This continued for a while, with Vegeta forgetting that the outside world existed, that is, until Frieza walked into the room.

Vegeta instantly stopped what he was doing, and immediately adopted his expressionless look while looking up at the icy tyrant.

"Well what have we here?"

Vegeta froze, unconsciously clutching the baby tighter to him, and then standing up to move out of the way as Frieza walked towards him.

"There's no need to be like that Vegeta, I only want to see what our child is like."

Faster than Vegeta could follow, Frieza had grabbed the baby, and knocked him against the wall a couple of feet away.

Vegeta's bodies first instinct was to stay still, he was still weak form the birth, but the crying of his daughter brought him around, making him get up, only to face Frieza holding the tiny baby by her neck.

Vegeta's instincts took over at this point, and despite the fact that he didn't stand a chance, he threw himself at him to try and get his baby back, only to be evaded and kicked in the back, sending him towards the doors. Luckily it wasn't a hard kick so he stayed in the room.

As he started climbing to his feet, he heard a sickening snap followed by a soft thud then Frieza walked past wordlessly and out the door. The room was silent except for Vegeta's breathing. He felt the tears trying to build up in his throat and rushing to his eyes, but he fought them down and looked behind him just in case…

His daughter was facing him…and so was her back…

Vegeta didn't make a sound, just passed out on the floor.

******

"Vegeta? VEGETA!"

Vegeta shook himself out of his memories, to see a pair of large, dark eyes right in front of him.

"You OK?"

"Course I'm OK! Why wouldn't I be?" Vegeta shouted as he jumped up, pretending not to notice the tickle of liquid sliding down his left cheek.

Goku didn't say anything, just stared at him waiting to see what else he would do.

They both stood like this for several minutes, neither one moving or saying anything, until Goku couldn't stand it anymore.

Without a word, he waked over to the Saiyan Prince and rested his right hand against Vegeta's cheek, using his thumb to wipe away the tears.

Vegeta did nothing to stop him, and once again, both men froze, searching each other's eyes for something, although neither knew what.

Vegeta opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off as he felt two high power levels approaching from the south. Both men sprang apart, and focused all their attention on the approaching powers.

"Silence is not the way
We need to talk about it
If heaven is on the way." Bush – `Letting The Cables Sleep'

Tapion and Indira felt the ki's of Goku and Vegeta rise as the approached them.

"You sure they know who you are Tapion?"

"Yeah, well Goku will even if Vegeta has forgotten which I don't think he will have. That man can hold a grudge for years, and I don't think he was particularly pleased when I brought Hildegarn to Earth with me."

"Oh…"

They carried on flying in silence, Indira not really watching where he was going, just following Tapion by instinct, and almost flying past when Tapion stopped.

He looked over to see why, then followed Tapion's gaze downwards to where two men were floating up to meet them, the first one who was waving must be Goku, and the one behind him with his arms folded… It took a moment to sink in that this was his mother; he had his arms folded and a frown on his face, dark spiky hair…yes, that was he. Indira didn't realise he was staring until he saw Vegeta's face go from a frown to a scowl aimed at him.

Instead of saying anything, he just looked down and stayed silent until Tapion and Goku had finished their greetings.

"So who's your friend?"

"Ah, this," Tapion motioned to Indira, "is my brother, Indira. Indira, this is Goku and Vegeta."

"Brother? He doesn't look a thing like any of your species," mumbled Vegeta.

"Well, that's cos he's adopted, we found him when he was about 3 years old.

Vegeta said nothing, while Goku just became more interested.

"Really? Wow, so what race are you? Do you know or…"

Indira started a bit at being addressed, then managed to get his thought process round the question.

"Oh, I'm half Saiyan, half changeling," he answered, glancing at Vegeta out of the corner of his eye.

Although neither Tapion nor Indira saw any change in Vegeta's expression, from knowing him for years, Goku saw the changes in his face. Shock and confusion being at the front while he stared at this new young man.

Trying to figure this out, Goku began looking back and forth between the two, wondering why Vegeta was having that reaction. He didn't notice anything at first, but the constant movement of his eyes began blurring their faces until they both seemed similar, actually, Indira looked kinda like Trunks…

"AH!"

Tapion, Vegeta and Indira all started and looked at Goku, wondering what had set that off.

Indira watched as Goku stared at him for a few seconds, then moved his gaze over to Vegeta, then back again. He did a double check with Vegeta, he looked worried and…scared? His infamous, fearless father?

"Oh wow! You're…"

Indira saw Vegeta swallow out of the corner of his eye.

"His cousin or something right?"

There was a stunned silence until the inevitable happened.

"BAKAYARO!"

Within the space of a few seconds, Vegeta had powered up and gone, leaving a confused Goku, a worried Tapion and an upset Indira.

"What did I say?"

"Goku? Indira isn't Vegeta's cousin, he's his son."

"Son? But…I never thought Vegeta would go near a female changeling, I mean he hated Frieza so much I can't see why he'd wanna go with any of that species…"

"Goku?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go back to capsule corp.? I'll explain things there."

"Um…sure."

Goku turned around ready to leave, waiting for Tapion to get Indira, who was currently staring off in the direction Vegeta had flown in.

"Hey, come on, lets go to capsule corp., you can see Trunks there, and give Vegeta some time to cool off."

Indira nodded silently, casting one last glance back, before following Tapion and Goku.
Chapter 7 by Sara
"Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal
Fear is how I fall, confusing what is real." Linkin Park – `Crawling'

The trio landed in capsule corp. and immediately began look for Bulma, but finding Trunks and Goten sprawled out on the grass looking tired instead.

"Hey Trunks!" Tapion shouted.

Trunks's eyes sprang open, and he turned around to see his `brother' standing there, with Goku and some other guy.

"Brother!" he got up and ran over to Tapion hugging him, much to Goten's dismay.

Goku looked over at Goten who was still sprawled out on the grass, then over to Trunks silently laughing to himself and wishing that he was in the same position with Vegeta.

He shook this thought from his head and focused on what was happening, judging from Vegeta's reaction earlier and that fact that he was almost crying before that meant that he wouldn't want a lust filled admirer chasing after him right now.

Indira stayed silent as he had before and watched Tapion and Trunks talk, so that was his brother. He could see the resemblance, but this guy seemed a lot happier, maybe he wouldn't be as bothered about him as Vegeta was.

"So who's the new guy?" Trunks asked, gesturing at Indira.

"In short this is my adoptive brother Indira, in the longer version, we'll explain soon."

Trunks frowned slightly, looking at Goku to see if he knew, all he got was a shrug in reply.

"Well you might as well come in, mum's gonna be glad to see you! But where's dad? I thought he was with you?"

"That's also part of the longer story, but he's off thinking right about now."

"Oh, well come in, mum's feeding Bra so she's actually sat still for a few minutes!"

All the men went inside the building with Goten moving up possessively beside Trunks, to find Bulma in the kitchen, laying some food out on a plate while Bra sat at the table.

"That smells good Bulma, got any spare?"

"Goku, I live with Vegeta and Trunks and regularly have Goten staying over. I ALWAYS have more!"

Goku grinned and sat at the table next to Bra, looking longingly at her plate of food but not touching it.

"Hey mum, you didn't notice who's visiting!"

"What?" Bulma turned around and saw Tapion.

"Tapion! Hey, how are you? What are you doing here?"

"I…um…was just bringing Indira here, cos of…well I'll explain later when Vegeta's here…"

"Oh, hi, you're Indira? I'm Bulma!"

"Hi," Indira looked around at his mother's family then over to where Tapion was talking to Bra silently begging for help against Bulma's questioning.

"Are you part Saiyan? You look it; actually, you look kinda like Vegeta in a strange way, not as moody though!"

Indira was led to the table where everyone else was sat as Bulma continued to ask him questions to which she already knew the answers.

Vegeta sat staring out at the sea.

He was alive. His second child was alive.

He thought he'd been killed like the first one, that's what Zarbon had said, but then again he should have seen it. If Frieza had killed him he would have made him be there again.

Vegeta could feel the familiar hate and anger well up inside him as he thought about it, and for once instead of repressing it for a fight he let it out, screaming as his hair flickered from black to gold, not noticing as his hair began to grow longer down his back, and his eyebrows became ridges. The transformation only lasted for a few minutes as he mentally ran out of energy and let himself drop out of Supersaiyan altogether, sliding to his knees to continue staring ahead at the ocean.

"There's nowhere to run, I have no place to go.
Surrender my heart, body and soul." Backstreet Boys – `Show Me The Meaning'

Back at capsule corporation, everyone had settled into the living room and were sitting in silence, except for Bra who was happily seated on Indira's lap questioning him just has Bulma had earlier.

"Are you half Saiyan like me?"

"Yes."

"But why have you got red eyes?"

"Because my father had red eyes."

"So you're not like me?"

"Well…"

"Dad had black eyes, if you were like me you'd have blue or black eyes."

"That's because you're half human and half Saiyan, I'm half Saiyan and half changeling."

"Oh. So does that mean you're like me or not like me?"

"I'm a bit like you."

"Ok, yeah."

Bra settled down for a moment or two, before sliding of Indira's lap and onto Tapion's to begin questioning him.

"Why are your ears like that?"

"Because all my race have ears like this, helps us hear things better."

"So that's why daddy has big ears?"

Bulma, Goku, Trunks and Goten all burst out laughing at this, feeling quite glad for the comic relief, especially Goku since he'd been feeling tense since Vegeta had left.

"Maybe," Tapion answered, trying not to laugh, he didn't want to be on the same planet when Vegeta found out what his daughter had said.

"OK, why is your hair like that?"

"Same reason."

"To hear better?"

Everyone began giggling again, even Indira as Tapion tried explaining all this to the young girl.

"No, because all my race has hair like this."

"Oh. What's this?"

Tapion looked down at where Bra's hands were holding his ocarina.

"That's an Ocarina, it plays music like a flute."

"Wow! Can you play it?"

"I can."

"Can you now?"

"If everyone wants me to."

Everyone nodded, knowing the sound that would come out and quite happy to listen to its relaxing melody.

After a few minutes, when it became obvious that Bra was becoming bored again, he stopped and prepared himself for more questions.

"Indira?" Bulma broke the short silence first.

"Yes?"

"I don't get it, if you're half Saiyan and you're how old?"

"Twenty four."

"Then were there other Saiyans that survived the destruction of your planet?"

"No."

"Then who are your parents? I mean there are no female Saiyans, who was your mother?"

"I am."

Everyone turned around to the doorway where Vegeta stood looking down at the ground.
Chapter 8 by Sara
"It's gonna be alright,
But when my sky clouds over,
Lift me up." Geri Halliwell – `Lift Me Up'

"Vegeta?" Bulma stammered trying to comprehend what she had just heard.

"Daddy's a mummy?"

Goten, Trunks and Goku just stared at Vegeta with their mouths wide open.

"How? I mean, you're a man. You're definitely a man, so how could you give birth to a child, or get pregnant for that matter?"

"It was genetically engineered into the males a long time ago, since so few females were born it was hard for us to reproduce. The Tsufuru- jin changed it around so that the males were able to reproduce as well.

Meaning Kakarrot could get pregnant, and so could Gohan, Goten or Trunks."

Bulma sat quietly for a moment taking this information in, and then decided to respond.

"Vegeta? I think that's the most I ever heard you say!"

Vegeta chose this time to look up at them for the first time since arriving, with a small smirk on his face.

"So who was the father then? The only changeling I know was…" Goku stopped here as it slowly dawned on him what had happened.

"Frieza's the father?"

Both Indira and Vegeta nodded at this, causing Bulma and Goku to gawp and Trunks, Goten and Bra to assume that this was a bad thing since they didn't really know about Frieza.

Once again Vegeta looked at the floor, lightly kicking his foot backwards and forwards, trying to hide the slight blush that had appeared on his face. This hadn't been something he'd been planning on letting them know.

"Well Vegeta, I have to say that it's gonna be hard getting used to the fact that you've had a kid…"

"Two."

"Pardon?"

"Two brats. Not just one."

"You mean there's another child of yours out there somewhere?"

Indira became curious about this; Zarbon hadn't mentioned him having a brother or sister.

"No."

"But you said…"

"She's dead. Frieza killed her."

"He WHAT?"

Everyone cringed as Bulma exploded.

"She was his kid as well right?"

Vegeta nodded while still facing the floor, trying to find an inconspicuous way of covering his ears.

"To his own kid?? That…" Trunks covered Bra's ears while everyone else began blushing at the language spouting from Bulma's mouth.

"I'm telling you if he was here now…" this time everyone's eyes began to widen as Bulma began running through several various torture techniques, some of which none of them had heard of.

When she had calmed down, Trunks removed his hands from Bra's ears and settled his mother down, then disappearing into the kitchen to get her a cup of tea.

Everyone sat in silence while he was gone, pondering Vegeta's confession and wondering how Bulma acquired her intense knowledge of torture.

Eventually Vegeta was the first to speak up.

"Indira?"

Indira jumped slightly, not expecting anyone to speak, least of all for Vegeta to address him, he looked over at him, focusing on his nose instead of his eyes.

Vegeta made a `come here' motion with his hand and walked out the room, obviously expecting to be followed. Indira looked at Tapion, who shrugged, then turned around and followed his mother out the door and into the garden.

"The morning rain clouds up my window,
And I can't see at all,
Even if I could it would all be grey,
Put your picture on my wall,
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad." Dido – `Thankyou'

The two men walked side by side in silence through the gardens on capsule corp. with Vegeta pointedly avoiding the areas where Mrs Briefs would most likely be attending to her flowers. He didn't want to have to listen to that ditzy blond flirt with either him or his son, not in the state of mind he was in.

Indira looked around at all the well-tended gardens. On Konack they had had fields and forests and such, but they didn't have any gardens around their houses, he'd have to talk to Tapion about it, this is something Hera would like a lot to keep her busy in her spare time. When he thought of her, he glanced at his natural mother out of the corner of his eye, to see him frowning yet again, although it didn't seem as harsh as it had earlier. He looked like he was thinking, so Indira left it at that waiting for him to make the first move.

"Hey! Vegeta! Who's your friend?"

Vegeta scowled and growled something to himself, then turned around with his usual frown to face Mrs Briefs who was walking over to them.

"Well aren't you going to introduce us?"

"Indira, this is Mrs Briefs, Bulma's mother. Mrs Briefs this is Indira."

"Hi, nice to meet you," Indira spoke up first, not knowing how to react.

"Same to you. Why you're a handsome young man, just like Vegeta here, I bet you're related to him aren't you?"

Indira blushed not knowing how to answer, while Vegeta began baring his teeth slightly in frustration.

"Well I have to be going, I've got things to do then I'm going to meet some friends tonight, bye Vegeta, bye Indira! Hope I see you soon."

Once Mrs Briefs was out of hearing range, both men breathed a sigh of relief.

"That's Bulma's mother?" Indira asked no one in particular, wondering how someone so smart could have a mother who…was not so smart.

"I wonder the same thing myself. And I've been here over 20 years."

Both men stared in silence at the way Mrs Briefs had gone, and then Indira began giggling, quietly at first then gradually getting louder until he had to sit on the floor to stop himself from toppling over.

Vegeta watched this display with one eyebrow arched in the air, wondering what was so funny that was having this effect on his son.

"What?"

Indira couldn't do anything but shake his head as he laughed even harder, causing Vegeta to begin wondering about his sanity.

"I'm…sorry!"

Vegeta stood with his arms folded as his son tried to get an explanation past his lips in between fits of giggling.

"I do…. this…sometimes when I…. get nervous…. then…something weird happens…. and I…do this…."

The last part of the sentence was finished off with a small howl of laughter as the mental pictures of what he must look like began to play through his mind.

Eventually sitting down wasn't enough to keep him upright, Indira didn't bother to stop himself as he toppled backwards, not realising that there was a pot plant pot behind him.

When his head hit it, the pot cracked and smashed into a pile of small pieces, while Indira's head wasn't even scratched. He barely had a second to mumble `ouch' before he burst into fits of laughter again.

As Vegeta stood watching this display, he tried to remain his usual serious self, but instead ended up looking around and making sure no one was coming, and then grinning, wondering how anyone with his parents could possibly so…goofy.

This carried on for a few more minutes, then Indira began to calm down, lying quietly on the floor, occasionally letting out the odd giggle or smiling for no reason.

"You done?" Vegeta asked, trying to hide his own smile and look serious, but for once not being able to pull it off.

"I think…" Indira started laughing again as he heard his voice break halfway through the second word.

This time Vegeta didn't bother trying to hide his smile.

"Guess that's a no, well can you at least try and stand?"

Indira put his hand in the air towards Vegeta, making the Saiyan tense slightly before he realised that Indira wanted help to get to his feet.

Hesitating slightly, he grabbed hold of Indira's outstretched hand with his own gloved hand, then pulling him to his feet, still giggling, but quietly now.

Wordlessly Vegeta crossed his arms and waited for Indira to get his balance back, and then began walking aimlessly again.

"Tell me about where you grew up."

Indira jumped again, not expecting Vegeta to speak.

"Konack?"

"Konack, people you grew up with…"

"Right, well I was taken to Konack when I was about 3, and some guy was gonna kill me, but Tapion found us and killed the man before he could hurt me. Then he took me home where his mother adopted me. And all I've really done is study, spar with Tapion and Minoshia and some of the other fighters. I wanted to be a fighter but our mother, Hera, wants me to be able to get a good job and stuff instead of going out to fight where I could be killed."

Indira was interrupted by Vegeta snorting.

"What?"

"She sounds like Kakarrots wife. Her son is the most powerful warrior on this planet, but she made him study non-stop even when he was fighting. And now he's letting himself get weaker since he has a proper job."

"Well she never stopped me training, I guess cos I was going to be one of the strongest people on the planet judging by my power level when I was younger, they wanted me to learn to control it. Your turn."

"My turn for what?"

"Tell me about what happened, after I was born?"

Vegeta said nothing for a moment, then sighed and nodded.

"Basically, not long after you were born. Another Saiyan called Radditz was killed, so me and Nappa, another Saiyan, dumb as hell, came to earth to find out what had happened and prepare it for some clients. But my main reason was the dragonballs; I wanted to wish for immortality. Anyway, Kakarrot defeated us, I left to heal and then we met on Namek where I was trying to get the original dragonballs to wish for immortality so I could kill Frieza and take over the universe. Seeing as how we were against a stronger enemy I joined forces with Kakarrots son and his friend. I was killed and Kakarrot defeated Frieza, then I was wished back with all the Nameks, then we were informed by my son from the Future that some androids were going to attack earth, so we all trained, I finally became a Supersaiyan, then realised that there were levels above that. I didn't plan on staying on Earth, but after Trunks was born I couldn't really go back to how it was before. And since then I've stayed here and protected the earth with everyone else."

Vegeta dropped back into silence as Indira pondered everything he had heard, and deciding that his mother was definitely someone to be proud of to have been able to turn around that much.

Neither realised how long they had been gone until the smell of cooked meat was blown over to them by the wind.

"Smells like dinner. Best be going back, I'm not with the woman anymore but that doesn't stop her from ordering me around, and it's not worth the bitching I'll receive if I don't go back."

Indira gave a small laugh and nodded, following Vegeta on a slow walk back to capsule corp.
Chapter 9 by Sara
"Baby loving you, comes easily to me,
It's what I'm living for, it's all in the chemistry." S Club 7 - Natural

Everyone sat at the dinner table, eating in silence since no one knew what to say. Chichi, Gohan, Videl and Pan had also been invited over and briefly told what happened, making for a slightly awkward silence and many glances at the Saiyan Prince, who everyone looked at in a different way.

"Kakarrot, pass me the salt," everyone jumped slightly as once again Vegeta was the first one to speak.

"Sure," unnoticed by everyone else except Goku, Vegeta and Indira, Goku's fingers had more contact with Vegeta's hand than was necessary.

Vegeta frowned slightly but said nothing, wondering why he actually enjoyed the slight touch.

Indira on the other hand began paying close attention to the two men wondering what was going on between them, if anything. Vegeta had said that Goku had a wife, but why was Goku glancing at his mother every few minutes?

He continued to observe them throughout the rest of dinner, watching the way Goku would glance at Vegeta, or the way Goku seemed to touch more skin than necessary when handing things to Vegeta. Indira was surprised to catch his mother studying Goku once or twice, probably trying to figure out what Goku was up to he concluded.

When it came to clearing the table, Bulma decided that it was Trunks turn, which also meant that Goten and Tapion were dragged along to keep him company. Vegeta was about to invite Indira outside to talk again, when he felt something tugging at his gi bottoms. He looked down to see his daughter looking up at him while rubbing one of her eyes.

"Daddy, can you take me to bed?" she asked, followed by a yawn.

Vegeta opened his mouth ready to tell her to ask her mother, but he couldn't resist the look she was giving him. Regretfully he picked her up, mumbling something in his mind about damn fatherly urges for daughters love.

Indira watched them leave, and then turned around to see who was left. Gohan, Videl and Pan had already left due to it coming up for Pan's bedtime, Chichi had been invited over to stay for the night, and was now going with Bulma to her lab. As he listened he could hear Bulma chattering excitedly about her new discovery about Saiyan men and the tests she planned to do on Goku, Vegeta and their sons.

Indira listened with a small smile on his face, then looked at Goku who also appeared to be listening, but whose face had gone pale. After making a very audible gulp, Goku turned around to look at Indira.

"Those tests are going to involve needles aren't they?"

"Probably, why?"

He watched as what remaining colour there was drained from Goku's face and neck.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't like needles…"

Indira watched the expression of terror on Goku's face, trying not to start giggling again, wondering why the strongest man in the universe was scared of a needle of all things.

He faintly shook his head, then decided to change the subject, partially to try and cheer Goku up again, and because he wanted to question him about earlier.

"Hey Goku, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Can you tell me about Vegeta? I mean, next to Bulma you probably know him the best, can you tell me anything about him?"

"I can try, um…well what do you want to know?"

"Ah…what kind of relationship do you have with him? Are you friends? Comrades? Acquaintances...?"

"I like to consider us as friends, I don't know what he thinks though…"

Goku drifted off and began thinking about Vegeta's reaction to his touch earlier.

Indira watched as Goku's face underwent some changes. First there was his usual eagerness then it was slowly replaced by confusion, watching this Indira was almost certain that his earlier observations were correct, and with his parents, subtlety wasn't something he'd inherited.

"You like him don't you?"

Goku head snapped up, blinking at Indira with eyes the size of the plates they had recently been eating off.

"What makes you think that?" Goku asked with a nervous laugh.

"You're blushing, at dinner you touched him much more than you had to, you looked at him more than you had to, from what I heard from Tapion you spend a lot of time with him even if it is sparring, when I just asked you about your relationship…"

"OK! I give, I do," Goku cringed slightly not having said it out loud and half expecting everyone to jump out from behind the doors having heard that.

"Why don't you tell him?"

Goku's eyes bugged out when he heard this. He searched Indira's face for any sign of amusement but at this point he looked as serious as Vegeta.

"Tell Vegeta? That I like him? I don't think that's gonna happen! He'd try and kill me…actually rephrase that, he WOULD kill me!"

"What makes you say that?"

"Goku opened his mouth ready to pour forth the reasons why, then suddenly recalled the time when a very nervous Trunks and Goten had told their fathers that they were a couple. Vegeta ha simply snorted and asked them why they were so nervous when it was a common thing for Saiyan men to take other males as their mates.

Indira smiled as he watched Goku's face begin to light up, then the brightness faded again.

"Ok, so he may have nothing against being gay, but he's a prince and I'm 3rd class as he keeps calling me, even if he was gay, he wouldn't agree to be my mate." Goku finished off with a depressed shrug.

"After all these years you think he still means that? Maybe its just habit now?"

Goku just shrugged again and stared at the floor like a kid who had been told off.

Indira sighed and was struck with an idea.

"I have an idea Goku, wanna hear it?"

Goku mumbled something under his breath and continued to stare at the floor.

"I'll take that as a yes. When I get chatting to…well I guess I can start calling him father, I'll try and find out how he feels about you that way there's no risk to you."

Goku looked up again and was smiling this time.

"Really? You'd do that?"

"I would."

Goku didn't say anything, just continued grinning.

"What about chichi?"

"Well I love her, but it's in the same way I love Bulma."

"Ah, just wondering."

At this moment, Chichi decided that it was time for her and Goku to be going home.

"Goku! It's time we were going!"

"Right Chichi, bye Indira and thanks!"

Indira watched as Goku followed Chichi down the hall, and then decided to go into the kitchen and see what everyone else was doing.

Vegeta carried Bra up to her room and lay her in her bed, making sure to remove her slippers and socks, before covering her up to the chin with the blanket.

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think you'll have anymore babies?"

"No. Why?"

"Just wondering, you must have looked weird when he was in your stomach."

"I probably did," he replied, smiling. His daughter had a habit of engaging him in a conversation about himself before she went to sleep. "But I was even meaner."

Bra started giggling, but was soon yawning once again.

Vegeta switched the bedside lamp off so that only the light from the hall was keeping the room semi-lit.

"Now, time for you to go to sleep."

"Right daddy."

Bra curled up on her side, and closed her eyes yawning for one last time before drifting off to sleep.

Vegeta sat on the edge of her bed watching her for a while, before he stood up and walked back downstairs.
Chapter 10 by Sara
"Love can move you, take you deeper every time
Can make the darkest moments feel like heavens come alive." Savage Garden
– `Love Can Move You'

When Vegeta returned to the dining room, he found Trunks, Goten, Tapion and Indira sat at the table talking away. None of them had seen him yet and so he decided to wait just outside the door to see what they were talking or partially yelling about. He began smirking again as he heard Trunks and Indira verbally debate who the strongest of them was.

"I bet you're not as strong as me or Goten!"

"I bet I am!" Indira half yelled back.

"Well I'm a Supersaiyan! You're not!"

"No, but I'm half changeling, you're half human!"

"Fine! We'll settle this tomorrow!"

Both the men shut up and tried to stare each other down, only to start laughing.

Tapion shook his head, while Goten silently prayed that he wouldn't be dragged into this scuffle tomorrow.

Trunks glanced out of the corner of his eye at Goten, and then began smirking in a style very similar to his father's.

"I bet you couldn't beat Gotenks!"

"Who?"

"Gotenks!"

Goten moaned and mumbled something under his breath that made Trunks laugh.

"Well bring Gotenks tomorrow and we'll see about that!"

Tapion was trying to hide the smile that had formed on his face, being the strongest person on Konack, Indira had never really had anyone to challenge his strength or fighting skills, no one even knew what his potential power level was, this just might be the humbling that he'd need.

Back in the doorway, Vegeta smirked; wanting to see how powerful Indira was in comparison to Trunks, tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.

Everyone sat on the sidelines and watched as Trunks and Indira faced off against each other.

All the warriors and Juuhachigou were able to follow the movements while everyone else saw the odd blur and clash of energy.

Up in the air, both Trunks and Indira were panting, but both refused to give up still remembering last night's verbal challenge. Trunks had long ago flared up into SSJ, while Indira had just powered up further to keep up.

Indira threw a punch at Trunks' head, tricking him into ducking then wrapping his tail round his neck and using it to throw him into the ground. Then, without giving him a chance to recover, he teleported next to him and began pummelling his stomach as fast as he could go.

After several minutes of this, Trunks went limp and Indira backed off wondering if he'd over done it, until Trunks moaned and opened his eyes.

"Ok, you win! Just don't punch anymore!"

Indira nodded, felling a lot better than he had in a while after finally being able to use more of his strength.

"Now you have to beat Gotenks!"

"Ok, um...where is he?"

"I'll go get him!" Trunks got up and stumbled over to where Goten and two spare senzu beans were.

He took half of one then grabbed Goten, pulling him into the `ring'. "Hey! I thought you said Gotenks!"

"I did, just wait a moment," while he said this, he began moving into position.

Indira watched in confusion as Trunks and Goten moved so that they were a particular distance away from each other.

"FU-SION-HA!"

Everyone shielded their eyes as a bright light formed where Trunks and Goten had been stood.

Indira tensed, expecting to be attacked while he couldn't see properly, but was surprised when the light died down and nothing had happened. He looked over to where Trunks and Goten to were, only to see one person standing there.

"What the…?"

"I am neither Trunks nor Goten. I am Gotenks, and I'm going to beat your ass!"

The few people who could hear what was being spoken laughed, Gotenks came out with worse things every time.

Indira's eyes widened, no one had said anything about this! He looked over to where Tapion and Vegeta were sat to see them both smirking. THEY knew who Gotenks was and they didn't tell him. Indira mumbled something to himself and prepared himself for the upcoming fight, he should be able to handle this it was only with the added burden of Goten as well.

Gotenks was the first one to attack, disappearing and reappearing behind Indira to deliver a swift punch to his neck, trip him up then kick him he landed several metres away.

Indira jumped to his feet ignoring the pain, which signified broken ribs and powering up further.

Upon seeing this, Gotenks smirked and powered up to SSJ3, watching with amusement as Indira's eyes grew wide again.

The fight lasted surprisingly long after this, but it was obvious Gotenks had now gained the upper hand with Indira becoming weaker and slower, until another bright light signified the end of the fusion.

Indira saw this and used it to his advantage, charging towards Trunks and delivering a quick punch to Goten's neck stunning him momentarily then running for Trunks and punching him in the stomach again trying to weaken him. While he did this, he could hear Goten running up behind him, and began flexing his tail ready.

The second he was within reaching distance, Indira wrapped his tail round Goten's neck, while letting his fists go on auto pilot as he looked round to make sure he was aiming right, then threw Goten to the ground, knocking him out with the force of a few blows.

When he turned around, he realised that Trunks was also finally unconscious.

After making sure that neither of them was faking, he closed his eyes and joined them, not caring how roughly his body landed.

Everyone watched with surprise at the end of the fight seeing everyone collapsed on the ground.

"Safe to say they were a pretty even match then," Vegeta said, secretly feeling proud of his sons.

"Well lets take them home and let them rest up!" said Krillen, giving each of them half a senzu to help them heal.

When Indira woke up, he began moving his limbs experimentally, feeling quite shocked that he seemed to be healed. He lifted one hand and lightly pressed on his ribs, noting happily that they were also healed.

He moved the covers, and threw his feet over the edge, hearing his stomach grumble audibly, but deciding that a shower would be better first.

After this was done, he got dressed and wandered downstairs to see Trunks and Goten still dirty but sat at the table eating everything in site.

Indira looked around and saw Bulma and Mrs Briefs tirelessly feeding Goten and Trunks while Vegeta watched on with one eyebrow lifted, when he saw Indira gawping, he spoke up.

"They're like this most mornings, the few activities I can think of that require them to use this much energy I don't want to think about."

Indira giggled, and sat down at the table, immediately finding a large plate of food in front of him, eagerly he began eating as fast as the other two half-saiyans, not realising his hunger was so great until he had eaten the first mouthful.

Out of the corner he could see Vegeta shaking his head, and then walking out into the garden.

Indira finished his meal as quick as he could, not having as big an appetite as the other two and followed Vegeta out into the garden, to find him sat on the grass with his eyes closed.

Indira sat down next to him, still not sure what to say to him, then remembering his promise to Goku the previous night.

"Father?"

Vegeta opened his eyes and looked at Indira.

"Up for another question and answer session?"

Vegeta just shrugged and closed his eyes again.

Indira decided that that was a `yes' and began questioning him.

"What's your relationship with Goku?"

Vegeta's eyes sprang open when he said that, and Indira thought that maybe he'd been a bit too pushy with his less open father.

After a few moments, much to Indira's surprise, Vegeta answered him. "I don't know, friend I guess," Indira watched Vegeta as he answered, and listening carefully to what emotion there was in his voice, listening for anything that might give away what he was feeling inside. For a moment he could have sworn he heard something like wistfulness in his voice.

In his head, Indira began picking the few words Vegeta had said apart.

The `I guess' was suspicious. They spent a lot of time together sparring, at least before he had arrived, that much he knew, and Goku for one certainly liked Vegeta, and there's always an 80% chance that someone you like likes you back, something to do with pheromones, and Vegeta and Goku were the last full blooded Saiyans left.

The more he thought about it the more it made sense. Indira sat quietly trying to think of a way to get Goku to become brave enough to approach Vegeta.
This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/mufa-mpreg/viewstory.php?sid=59