Things That Don't Need Explaining by Diana B
Summary: Chris is almost certain that he's heading for death row. Leo Glynn and Sister Pete have a different opinion about the whole thing.
Categories: Oz Characters: Chris Keller, Dr. Gloria Nathan, Holly Beecher, James Robson, Mr. Beecher, Mrs. Beecher, Original Character(s), Tim McManus, Tobias Beecher, Toby/Chris, Vern Schillinger, Warden Leo Glynn
Genres: Slash
Warnings: Brain-Insane, Complete, Experimentation
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 6542 Read: 1409 Published: 12/27/2017 Updated: 12/27/2017

1. Chapter 1 by Diana B

2. Chapter 2 by Diana B

3. Chapter 3 by Diana B

4. Chapter 4 by Diana B

5. Chapter 5 by Diana B

6. Chapter 6 by Diana B

Chapter 1 by Diana B
Things that don't need explainning

Two weeks had passed and still Toby had not heard whether or not Keller would be put on death row or not. He had a bad feeling but kept hope alive. McManus, for some reason or another, kept close watch on Keller so there would be no chance encounters between Toby and Chris. Beecher felt lost without Chris. On the other side of the prison, Keller was sitting on his old bed, miserable without Toby.

"Glynn, I am so pleased you've taken an interest in our new experiment. I promise you will see a huge pay off if this baby takes off. All you will have to do is find an inmate that fits our criteria and the rest will happen on it's own, so to speak." Dr. Lorriten smiled to himself.

"So, your telling me that Em city will see a profit if we allow you to proceed with this experiment?"

"Signed, sealed and, well of course, soon to be delivered, Leo. All we need you to do is get us a candidate."

Warden Glynn looked over at McManus who was still reading the information to make sure he had read everything correctly.

"This is never going to work man! How are you going to make a guy pregnant? And have you forgotten this is a prison? These aren't your top of the line boy scouts here. We have murderers and drug lords and, god Leo, this is never going to work!" McManus threw the paper on the desk.

Leo smiled at McManus. "Tim, I have a feeling this is going to work."

Sister Peter Marie sat smiling as the boys continued to fight.

"If you will shut up for one-second, Tim!" Peter Marie spoke up.

"Sorry, go ahead, Sister.

"Tim, Leo is right, this will work. And I know just the person for the job."

"Who?"

"Oh, someone who is about to be taken from his soul mate. He's about 6'2 and very handsome. Did I mention he's in the process of being transferred to death row? I think we could make some sort of deal with this someone I'm refering to that if the experiment were to be a success he would be allowed to walk."

"Are you out of your mind,woman? You must be because I know you didn't just suggest that we allow Chris Keller to leave Oz freely!" Tim was standing at this point.

"Oh, of course not,Tim. We would also let Beecher leave as well. Toby would, of course, be the father of this child. We couldn't let the kid be without a father, could we?" Sister looked sheepishly at Leo.

"Pete, your good, maybe a little too good. I think those two have brainwashed you."

"Leo, do you want money for your prison?"

"Of course I do, Pete. You know just as much as I that Oz needs this money for funding."

"Then please allow Keller and Beecher to be the candidates. Let them free. I know this sounds crazy but I have faith in them."

"We can't just let these people go with a slap on the wrist, Sister. I mean these are inmates who have been put in prison for a reason," Tim tried to reason.

"Tim, you know they aren't just ordinary prisoners."

"All right, I've heard enough. Doctor, I have made my decision."

"Please Leo!" Sister Peter begged.

"Not another word!" He snapped at her.

"I have decided that Chris Keller will be your candidate.," Leo said looking at Sister Pete.

"Leo, I love you! You will not regret this, I promise! Just think of the money that you will be making off of this." Sister hugged Glynn.

"Yeah, well I will finally get those two off my hands once and for all. I'm sick and tired of their lovers' quarrels. Although I guess couples everywhere would be a lot better if we could just throw them in the hole when a fight began." Leo smiled
Chapter 2 by Diana B
Chris lay looking up at the ceiling. All he could think about was the last time he saw Toby. His pod mate had walked in with a load of mail. He eyed Keller and walked straight towards him. They immediately grasped hands and kissed. Nothing had to be said. No apologies were needed. That's what he wanted. He wanted Toby and he would do anything to get back to him.

"Are you really sure we should do this?" Tim questioned.

"Tim, I'm telling you this will work," Leo assured him.

"How are we ever going to get Chris Keller to agree to this?"

"Easy, we're not going to tell him." Leo said simply.

"Isn't that against his rights or something? I mean, that's a law suit waiting to happen!"

"Tim, after he learns of the rewards of having this miracle child, he's going to be thanking us. We will bring Toby and Keller both in for a discussion. We will explain everything but after it's completed. "

"Then how are we going to... I mean how are we going to get his...?" McManus stumbled with words.

"Oh, we'll tell him it's for a check up."

"He'll be suspicious when the rest of the inmates don't have this so called "check up."

"Well, would you like to inform the rest of them that they too will have a check up?"

"Good point! Let him be suspicious!"

"All right, gentlemen, please get Chris Keller. I need to get him sedated.," Dr. Lorriten ordered.

"McManus, you go get Toby and I will send Gloria to get Keller."

"Why do I always get stuck with the dirty work?" He groaned. Tim walked back to retrieve Beecher.

"Tobias, I need for you to come with me. Gloria says that it's time for your check up."

Beecher didn't argue. He slowly followed McManus into the conservatory. "Gloria will tell you what to do," He quickly said and bolted.

Gloria walked over to Beecher.

"What the heck was that about?" Beecher said.

"McManus has been under a lot of stress lately."

"Oh, well what is it that you need.?"

"Well, we need to take your vitals and we also need to get a sperm sample."

"Um, why?"

"Well, Leo wants to keep a record of the inmates sperm." She blurted out not really knowing what to say. Beecher raised a brow and sighed.

"Whatever you want, Gloria." Beecher laughed.

Fifteen minutes later Beecher came out.

"Here you go."

"Thanks, I think?" Gloria laughed.

"Hey, Gloria, have you seen Chris?"

"Yes, Beecher, he's doing okay."

"Well, I mean, do you think he misses me?"

"I know he misses you."

Beecher smiled and went back to Em City.

Gloria sighed and walked over to Doctor Lorriten and handed him the specimen.

"How am I going to get Keller to agree with this, Leo?! He wont even go to the dentist!" Gloria panicked.

"Tell him that I'm having implanted trackers put in all the inmates."

Gloria nodded and went to get Keller.

"To what do I owe this honor?" Chris asked, looking up from the bed.

"Chris, Leo has ordered that all inmates have tracking devices implanted."

"Why?" Keller looked suspicious.

"Oz has had too many prisoners escape and he wants to put an end to it."

"Okay, well what do I have to do?"

"Well, you will be sedated. They are going to implant the device in your stomach."

"Why my stomach?"

"Because you cannot remove it there."

"Wonderful!?" Keller sarcastically responded.

"All right, let's get going. The sooner we get in there the sooner this will all be finished."

Keller and Gloria walked into the small operating room. Gloria injected the sedative into one of Keller's veins and he was soon asleep.

"Gloria, you are part of the most ground breaking events in history! When Keller becomes a mommy, you will be swimming in cash!" Dr. Lorriten exclaimed with joy.

"No, I never signed up to do this for the money. I did this because I happen to care about Keller and Beecher and I have a feeling I will be the only one he trusts in the medical center," Gloria stated firmly.

"Well, nevertheless, you are participating in what will make medical history," Dr. Lorriten stated.

"I have injected a large dose of female hormones into Chris. This is so that his body will be receptive to the pregnancy." Dr. Lorriten informed Gloria.

"Wont Chris have a lot of side effects from that?" Gloria asked.

"Well, of course he will have side effects. He's going to be pregnant! I think that's a pretty big side effect. We will just explain to him what he might experience. It wont be anything terribly hard to handle."

"Now, please locate the peritoneum (the surrounding lining of the abdominal cavity,) Gloria. We are going to implant the embryo and placenta just under the peritoneum."

Two hours later, Dr. Lorriten finished with a huge sigh.

"All right, now we need to wake Keller up and get him to urinate."

"Well, you don't waste any time,) do you, doctor!"

"Not with something like this Gloria."

Minutes later Chris awakened.

"Well, hello!" Gloria smiled.

"Hey, Gloria, is it over?"

"Well, not quite." Gloria handed him the small container.

Chris laughed and, seconds later, handed the cup back to Gloria. She just shook her head and left.

"Here, the rest is up to you." Gloria shoved the cup at Dr. Lorriten

Dr. Lorriten quickly performed the lab tests and came back chuckling.

"Well, would you like to go inform Keller of the good news?" Dr. Lorriten sheepishly asked.
Chapter 3 by Diana B
"We are going to bring Keller and Beecher in to have a discussion," Leo interjected, interrupting Doctor Lorriten and Gloria.

"So, we're going to tell them together?" Gloria pondered.

"Well, this way it will soften the blow for Keller."

"Has anyone given thought as to the way Beecher will handle this? Nevermind Keller, what if Beecher doesn't want to be the father?" Gloria worried.

"Please, woman! You know as well as I do that Beecher's totally all about family. He's going to be on cloud nine when he finds out. It's Keller that I'm worried about, to be honest with you," Leo admitted.

"Well, we're just going to have to call them in to see their reaction," McManus sighed.

"McManus will you get Toby. Gloria bring Chris into my conference room." Leo sat at his desk and prepared for his speech.

Tim walked back to Em City in search of Toby. He didn't know exactly what would happen but it would soon be made clear.

"Toby, Leo wants to see you in his office."

"What have I done this time?" Toby asked innocently, following McManus.

Tim didn't respond. He led lead Toby to the office, debating what he would say and how Toby would react when the news came forth.

On the other side of Oz, Gloria was getting Chris.

"Hey Chris, Leo asked me to get you. He has something to discuss with you."

"Great, I'm being tried for another murder!" Chris said sarcastically.

"Ha! Very funny! Just follow me and I won't have to wheel you into his office."

"I think I would rather have a driver."

Gloria rolled her eyes and motioned for him to come. Chris sighed and walked with Gloria into Leo's office.

"Evening Chris," Leo greeted Chris rather friendly.

Chris raised a brow. "Evening warden, what is this all about?"

"Please have a seat, Chris. We are waiting for Tim."

Chris sat down with a huge sigh. "I wish you would just tell me what this is about."

About that time, Sister Pete entered the room.

"Gloria said that you requested that I be involve d in the meeting."

"Yes, we might need your input in this matter, Sister."

"Hello again, Sister! Looking as sexy as ever!"

Sister Pete just shook her head and took a seat.

Tim and Toby slowly entered the office. Toby immediately noticed Chris sitting in the other chair and his heart began to race. Chris looked up.

"Toby, please have a seat." Toby walked straight to Chris.

Chris smiled at Toby and motioned for him to take the seat next to him.

"Boys, I am about to tell you something that is going to blow your mind." Leo smiled.

"And what would this be, Leo, a trip to Disney World?"

"Even better! A ticket out of this place!"

"Just stop right there! Don't even kid around!" Toby growled

"I'm not kidding, Toby. An event has occurred that will allow you and Chris to have a "get out of jail free card."

"What?" Chris asked with anticipation.

"Chris, you know who Doctor Lorriten is, right?"

"Yes, he put that tracker in me."

"What tracker?" Toby quizzed Chris.

"Didn't you get a tracker put in you? So you couldn't escape."

"No, but I did have a strange check up and none of the other inmates had to do what I had to do."

"What did you have to do?" Chris asked with a big question mark on his face.

"You don't want to know," McManus stated firmly.

"All right, gentlemen. Chris, you did not have a tracking device implanted. You had something else implanted."

"What the hell did you do to Chris?" Toby was getting very pissed.

"Tobias, please calm down!" Sister Pete scolded Toby.

"All right, I think it's time you knew everything."

"Damn straight it's time we knew everything!" Chris complained.

"Dr. Lorriten came to me with an experiment. He said that if this experiment were to work, it would help OZ to turn a profit. Oz is in real need of funding and this was a perfect way to achieve it. I discussed the conditions of this experiment with the governor and he okayed the rewards based on the overall benefits to Oz."

"So, when is this going to benefit us?" Toby asked in his lawyerly tone.

"With the help of Sister Pete, we decided that you and Chris would be involved in the experiment. Chris would be the prime subject. I am just going to come out and say this Chris. The experiment involves male pregnancy."

"You mean Toby and I knocked some chick up?" Chris asked, confused once again.

"Not exactly Chris, Toby knocked you up."

"Okay, so when are you going to tell us what you really did?"

"This is the total and complete truth. Chris is pregnant and Toby, you are the father. We have lab test results to prove all of this."

Chris looked at Toby then over at McManus and back at Toby then lunged at Dr. Lorriten.

"I'm going to kill you!" Chris yelled with anger.

"Guards!" Leo yelled.

"Don't lay a hand on him!" Doctor Lorriten yelled as he sustained another punch from Chris.

McManus and Toby pulled Chris off Lorriten.

"There is no way in hell that I am going to have a baby! I am Chris fucking Keller! I cannot be pregnant! Do you know how bad that would look to the other guys!" Chris was speaking irrationally at this point.

"Please just sit down, all of you!"

The men settled down and took their seats.

"Chris, I know this is all a shock to you right now but please think about this. You and Toby both will be able to leave Oz. Toby's parol will be allowed and the governor is pardoning you from death row. You and Toby can be together and you can have a family!" Sister Pete tried to reason with Chris.

Chris looked at Toby who was looking at the floor.

"Toby, what do you want to do?" Chris asked.

"It's up to you," Toby stated simply.

"No, you can't do that. Tell me what you want me to do."

"I would think you would know what I would want you to do."

Chris looked at Toby and then back at Leo.

"When can we leave?"

"As soon as we get all of your paper work finished."

"You mean we just get to get up and leave."

"Not exactly, You and Toby will go to Dr. Lorriten's medical facility for the rest of your pregnancy. If all things go well, then you will be free"

"Boys, we have very nice accommodations at my center. You will love it, I promise."

Chris sighed and looked at Toby who looked back at him.

Chris took Toby's hand and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Toby, I would never get rid of your child. You know I would never kill one of your children! I told you that a long time ago. This is going to really suck though!"

"Don't worry I'll be there with you," Toby smiled.

"Fine, Leo we're in." Chris stated though with great anxiety.
Chapter 4 by Diana B
Chris looked over at Toby and got an evil grin on his face. He reached over and laid a hand on Toby's crotch. Toby's eyes widened and he looked sheepishly around the room, embarrassed.

"Ah, get a room guys!" McManus said, rolling his eyes.

"Gentlemen please! Sister Pete is in the room!" Leo squawked

"Please Leo! I'm enjoying the show!" Sister Pete joked.

"Right on Sister," Chris laughed.

"Alright, enough of that, Tim, come with me."

"What do I have to do now?" Tim groaned.

"We have to get all of their paperwork together. We can't just let them walk out of here."

"Oh, but I think that sounds like a better idea." Chris smiled.

"Yeah, I bet, Mr. Pregnant boy." Tim snorted.

"Don't make me come over there, McManus," Chris warned.

"Shut up both of you!" Leo moaned. "Come on, Tim!"

"So, legally speaking, we are going to be free in nine months."

"Yes, it appears that way, Toby," Sister stated with a smile.

"Yeah, but are there papers that we can sign to make sure that they keep their end of the bargain?"

"Yes, of course, Toby. Leo has the contract being written as we speak. You and Chris will have a chance to go over it."

"Alright, I just don't want Chris to get screwed in this."

"Well, that depends on who's doing the screwing." Chris looked at Toby with a grin.

"I'm serious! This thing sounds too good to be true. I just want it all in writing."

"I'm more worried about your parents, Toby."

"What do you mean, Chris?"

"Toby, how the hell are your parents going to take this whole thing? What will you tell them? Mom and dad, this is my boyfriend Chris Keller and he's having my love child?"

"Well, why not?"

"You're kidding, right?"

"Of course not, my parents know about us, Chris. They know that I love you and they accept it. This will take some time to get used to but hell we're going to have to get used to it as well."

"I love you, Toby." Chris looked seriously into Toby's eyes.

"I love you too, Chris."

"Okay, break it up guys. We're ready to get you shipped out of here."

"That makes two of us," McManus mumbled.

"Dr. Lorriten is going to explain to you Valley Land's policies."

"Guys, compared to Oz, Valley Land looks like a castle. I promise you will love it! Of course, you will be guarded because you are still prisoners after all."

"Are we going to be able to stay in the same room?" Chris asked with concern.

"Yes, but if there is any problems, you will be moved to separate rooms until further notice is given."

"I guess I can live with that." Chris sighed.

"Okay, we'll get loaded in the car and get going. I want you out of this place as soon as possible."

Leo directed the guards to lead Toby and Chris out into the parking garage.

"Wow, an escort and everything!" Chris rolled his eyes.

"You better be glad we're not leading you guys out here in chains."

"That would be rather sexy actually. I love seeing Toby in chains."

"Shut up, Keller!" McManus spat.

Keller and Beecher soon were on the road to their new home.

"Are you scared?" Toby asked Keller.

"No, I'm terrified," Chris confessed.

"Don't be, Chris, I'm here with you."

"Thanks, Toby."

The trip took hours. Toby rested his head against Chris's shoulder and fell asleep. Chris stared out the window looking at the scenery. Dr. Lorriten noticed Toby sleeping and decided it was the perfect time to speak to Keller.

"Chris, you know you are going to be facing some major changes. Changes that you never thought were possible. You're going to be emotional like never before. I've heard you're quite the sex fiend. One of the most noticeable effects will be a decrease in sexual appetite. Of course, you will experience nausea like most pregnant people do. This could last anywhere from a month to four months. It just depends on how your body is accepting the pregnancy."

"Why are you telling me all of this, Doctor?" Chris asked with a bit of anger in his voice.

"Chris, this isn't going to be all fun and games. You have to know what you are going to have to deal with. If you go into this not knowing about your condition, problems may arise you will not last. You're excited about the aspect of getting out of jail right now and I don't think you understand what you are doing. There is a life inside of you now. You can't be the same Chris Keller you once were. You can't be some psychopath trying to rule the prison. Do you understand this, Chris?"

Chris looked at the sleeping Toby and nodded.

"Good, Chris, if you are worried at all, I think you should talk to Toby. He can help you more then any of us."

"Well, thanks for your advice," Chris said and shut his eyes, not wanting to hear anymore.

Chris and Toby were fast asleep when they arrived at the facility. Dr. Lorriten clapped his hands and they both jumped.

"Welcome, boys! This is your new home for the next nine months or so." Dr. Lorriten smiled.

"Well, it's not the Four Seasons."

"Holiday Inn would do and you've never even seen the Four Seasons." Toby laughed.

"Yeah, but I've heard things, Toby, really good things."

"Okay, that's where we'll go on our honeymoon."

"Wonderful!" Chris said sarcastically. "But the way we're going hun, Disney World is where we're headed."

Toby laughed and they both followed Lorriten into the hospital/resort and explored.

"Gentlemen, this is the exercise room. You will be allowed to use this room whenever you want. You will be allowed to go outside under close supervision as well. As long as we know exactly where you are at all times, you may do as you please here. Be aware that we are watching and you will be caught if any funny business is going on."

"Great!" They both said simultaneously.

They walked down a large carpeted hall and near a set of rooms.

"Room 502 will be your room, boys." Dr. Lorriten unlocked the room and they walked in.

"Wow, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore, Toby." Chris laughed.

"I hope you like your accommodations. It's not much but I think it will due."

"It's fine, Doctor." Toby reassured him.

"Wonderful!" Chris said as he sat on the bed thinking of all that Dr. Lorriten said to him on the ride over.

"Well, I will let you boys get settled. I must remind you that there are security camera's throughout your room and all over the perimeter.

"Thanks for the news flash, Doctor!" Toby said rolling his eyes.

When the gang left Toby and Chris alone, Toby went over and sat next to Chris.

"This is very strange. I don't think we've ever had this much time alone together, at least not during the day anyway," Toby said looking at Chris with a smile.

"Yeah, I guess not." Chris sighed and rested his head on the back of the couch."

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about things."

"What kind of things?"

"Just wondering how it's going to be when I turn into some poor knocked up bitch who can't see his dick."

"Chris, I think that's a bit harsh."

"How would you know, you've never been pregnant!"

"Yeah, but I went through three pregnancies with my wife! I think that gives me a bit more experience."

"Yeah, well you should have been the knocked up bitch, Toby. You have more maternal stuff then me anyways."

"Well, Chris, I think it's a bit late for this now! You're already pregnant! Oh, and stop calling me a bitch, Chris! You know I hate being called a bitch! I'm no one's bitch!"

"Yeah, okay Toby, you're not anyone's bitch. But if you were to be someone's bitch you know whose bitch you'd be!"

Toby smiled a bit and slapped Chris on the knee.

"Shut up, pregnant boy!"

Chris laughed and kissed Toby.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll try to make the best of this whole thing."

"Did that really come out of Chris Keller's mouth?"

"I know it's kind of strange, huh?"

Toby smirked and got up.

"Come on, we can finally sleep in the same bed without being crushed."

"This is going to make our sex life some much less complicated!" Chris laughed as he was pulled to bed.

Back at Oz, Schillinger was playing pool when Robson came in looking awfully pissed.

"What the hell is up with you?"

"You will not believe this, Beecher and that ass hole Keller got transferred."

"You better not be kidding with me, Robson!"

"I swear on my mother's grave, they got out of Oz. Word is, Keller is off death row, man."

"Get on the phone with Lorazaltize! I want all the information he can dig up on them. I want to know where they are, what they are doing there, and god damn it, I want them dead!!!"

"I'm on right it," Robson said.

"If it's the last thing I do, I'm going to make those prags pay!" Schillinger said with hatred in his eyes.
Chapter 5 by Diana B
Keller woke with a jerk. He quickly glanced over to make sure Toby was okay. Then quickly felt his stomach and sighed with relief.

"What's the matter?" Toby asked with concern.

"Nothing, I just had a bad dream. Everything's fine," Keller tried to assure Toby and himself.

Toby sighed and laid his head on Chris's shoulder. He gently stroked his lover's stomach. Chris settled as Toby seemed to calm him.

"Our child is in there, Chris." Toby kissed Chris passionately. He moved down to Chris's neck and planted many sensuous kisses.

"I dreamed that Schillinger cut the baby out of me and had you killed." Chris blurted out, bringing Toby's romantic moment to a halting stop.

"Chris, it was only a dream! We are in the middle of nowhere! Schillinger has no clue where we are! You know very few people know where we are Chris."

"Toby, he can still find us."

"What brought all of this about?"

"I just have a feeling."

"We are safe, Chris. They will keep us safe."

"They cut the baby out of me. Toby, you were dead! The baby was just lying on top of me! He was screaming! I had no idea what to do! I had no fucking clue what I was supposed to do!"

"Chris, calm down. That will not happen. I'm right here and I'm not going to leave you. You and this baby are going to be okay. Just stop thinking about that terrible stuff. Schillinger will not kill me and he isn't going to touch either one us."

Chris sighed and ran his fingers though Toby's hair. Toby relaxed into Chris's embrace.

"I hope you're right. I swear I will never let him touch you again, Toby. He'll have to kill me before he lays one hand on you. No one will ever touch you."

Toby kissed Chris on the forehead.

"Go back to sleep. We can talk about anything you want tomorrow. You need your sleep."

The next morning Toby's eyes slightly opened as he noticed the light shining though from the window. He realized that Chris wasn't in bed. He then heard him retching in the bathroom.

"Great!" he thought to himself. "The morning sickness is already starting. He's going to be a bitch to deal with."

"Chris, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just leave me alone right now," Chris snapped as he puked again.

Toby knew from experience that Chris really didn't want to be alone and quickly went in to be with his not so happy lover.

Toby placed a wet cloth on the back of Chris's neck.

"It's going to be okay! This is very common. It passes…"

"Spare me the details," Chris growled and puked again.

Toby kept quiet and continued wiping Chris with the wet cloth. Finally, Chris sighed and stood up.

"I think I'm okay now," Chris said, then brushed his teeth.

"Of course you are. Just eat some crackers and you'll be fine."

"Thanks Doctor!" Chris said sarcastically.

"Hey, you'll really be thanking me later."

Chris looked at himself in the mirror. He took his shirt off and studied himself closely.

"Can you tell?" Chris asked Toby.

"Tell what?"

"That I'm pregnant!"

"No, you're not that far along yet, Chris. It's going to take a few months before you'll notice anything."

"Well, it's only been a few weeks and I'm noticing things already."

"Of course you are. They injected you with hormones and not to mention the fact you're pregnant. I'm not at all surprised that you're already having effects."

Chris glanced again in the mirror and turned to get in the shower. Toby was sitting on the bed writing a letter to his parents.

Mom and Dad,

I guess you've probably learned by now that I have changed locations. McManus assured me that he would give you the directions to get here.

I would really like to see Holly and Harry soon. I've been thinking very hard about my children's future and I honestly see it including Chris. You both know how much I care about him and I really hope that you can accept this. Chris has done many things that he's not proud of but so have I. I know you don't approve of him, especially because of the fact that he's a man. But please accept the fact that I love him and he loves me.

We have something very important that we have to address the next time you come and I just want you to be ready for what you're going to hear. I promise it's something that will change our lives for the better. Just please have an open heart about Chris, or at least try to open you're heart to him. He's done more for me than you'll ever know.

I love you both and I can't wait to see you. Tell Holly and Harry that I love them both very much and I'll see them soon.

Love,

Toby

Toby read over the letter and quickly sealed it so Chris wouldn't read it and get upset. Toby tried to assure Chris that his parents liked him but they both knew it wasn't the case.

Toby had always been the upstanding citizen. He had the wife, the kids, the lawyer job, and the great big house. All of that changed because of that one night. But that was the past and this is now. Chris was Toby's now and his parents would just have to learn to like it.
Chapter 6 by Diana B
"What do you mean a fucking pardon?" Schillinger was freaking out over the news brought back from Robson.

"I'm telling you; somehow Keller is getting a pardon!"

"Is that all you have to tell me? What proof do you have of this?"

"I have the word of the security guard, who was actually in the room when some sort of deal was being made."

"He didn't tell you what the deal was?"

"He wouldn't say! He said that it was information he couldn't leak."

"Oh, we'll find out what this whole thing's about, Robson. You're going to find out why those jerks are out of Oz."

"What's the point, Vern?"

"What's the point? What's the point? Robson, we are going to find out where the hell those fags are and kill both of them."

"And how are we going to do that?"

"Robson, I have connections throughout the country. I can have them killed!"

"I know you're still pissed about your boy, Vern. But, you did have Toby's son killed."

Schillinger looked at Robson in disbelief.

"You have got to be kidding me, right?" He asked with a wicked eye.

"Yes, of course I'm just pulling your leg, man! I can't wait to see those guys burn for the shit they've put you through!" Robson said trying to cover up his concern.

"Good, that's what I want to hear. Now get on it, Robson. I want everyone in search of information."

****************************************************************************** ****

Back at the institution things had not gotten any better. Toby stood pacing in front of Chris.

"Toby, stop it! You're making me dizzy!"

"Chris, it's been three weeks and I still haven't heard a single word from my parents. I'm starting to really miss Holly. I know this isn't good for her! She needs to be with me, Chris!"

Just then their door was knocked on, and Toby's answer had arrived.

"Hey, Toby, you got a letter." The guard threw the envelope at Toby. The staff hadn't had not been getting along very well with them since Chris and Toby had arrived and the tension was rising.

"God, I hate them!"

"Just ignore them," Toby told Keller.

"Who's the letter from?"

"My parents," Toby said sighing as he opened it.

Toby,

Honey, McManus explained the whole situation to us. Don't you think this is a bit absurd! Keller is a suspected killer. Your father and I are having a very difficult time understanding this whole thing.

We think that it is best for everyone if we stay away for awhile. It's not healthy for Holly to be around you while you're around Mr. Keller. She is young and should not be exposed to those things, Toby! If you promise to leave that man and go back to Oz, we will be more then happy to let you and Holly see each other.

We are the legal guardians of your children, Toby. We only want to do what's best for them. I hope that you understand this. We love you dearly and don't want to see you hurt.

Sincerely,

Mom

"I don't believe this!" Toby was almost shouting.

"What?"

"Read the letter, Chris!"

"They can't do this!"

"Gee, suspected killer. You're parents have sure warmed up to me."

"They are being stupid! They can't keep my children away from me! They can't do it!"

"Well, they said if you left they'd bring them back to you."

Toby looked at Chris and rolled his eyes.

"You know I wouldn't do that. I am just going to have to talk to them. Once we talk I'm sure I can get this whole thing cleared up."

"Hey, I need to make a phone call!" Toby said, yelling at the guard.

The guard entered the cell and grabbed Toby's arm.

"Hey get the fuck off him!" Keller was beginning to get angry.

"Back off Keller this isn't day care!"

Toby tugged his arm away from the guard and followed him to the phone.

Toby looked at the phone with great fear. He didn't have a clue as to what he would say once he got on the phone.

Slowly Toby dialed the number.

"Hello?"

It was Toby's father.

"Hi dad, it's me, it's Toby."

"Hi son, how are you doing?"

"Dad, you know how I'm doing. Why won't mom accept this? I love Chris and he's the only one I want to be with. God gave us a chance to be together. This is our chance dad. Isn't that obvious enough?"

"Your mother is just very upset right now. She doesn't understand your relationship with him."

"Can't you talk to her? Can't you make her understand?"

"She's trying to protect her grandchild."

"Doesn't she realize? Chris is carrying her grandchild! This baby is part of me which makes it part of you guys."

"Toby..."

It was his mother. Toby's heart began racing.

"Mom."

"I'll let you two have some privacy. I love you son."

"I love you too, dad."

"Toby, are you positive you know what you're doing?"

"Mom, I have never been so sure in my life. Mom, you can't keep Holly from seeing me."

"I know, baby. I'm sorry for getting you so upset. I thought I was doing the best thing at the time I wrote that. If you love Chris then I will try my best to respect your wishes. I just worry that he might try to kill you or something awful, Toby. I've heard so many horror stories about that man."

"Mom, forget everything you know about Chris. Please, just try and have a sit down conversation with him. I promise you, he's changed."

"What about the baby?"

"So far everything is going along fine. But I don't want him under a lot of stress. He feels very guilty about Holly. He wants you two to like him. He needs your acceptance."

"Sweetheart, I can't sit here and say I completely trust that man. I will promise that I will try and understand him. Your father and I will bring the children this weekend."

Toby let out a sigh of relief as he hung the phone up.

"Aw, are we the happy Brady Bunch family again?"

Toby ignored him and walked back to his room.

"Everything okay now?" Chris asked concerned.

Toby walked over and kissed Chris.

"Everything is perfect! They are bringing the kids this weekend."

"Good" Chris said and laid back on the bed.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Chris said.

Chris wasn't completely fine. Things had been changing so quickly! His body felt completely different. He didn't have such a strong appetite for violence and sex. He was actually feeling quite sad about Toby's parents. Usually, he'd just blow it off but now he was truly hurt that Toby's parents had even considered keeping the children away from them. He was in the process of becoming a parent and that scared the crap out of him.

"Talk to me." Toby looked into Chris eyes pleading for him to talk.

"Alright, I'm just feeling, I don't know, okay, I'm feeling really emotional!"

"Chris, that's very normal! God, I know this is so hard for you. But you know you can talk to me! I've been through three pregnancies! Don't be embarrassed."

"This is all just so crazy. I have never been responsible for someone before. I have a person growing inside me. I thought I was poisoned. I felt deep in my heart that no one could ever love me and that I could never love them. Toby, I love you more then anyone in my entire life. You have saved me. I love you so much!"

Toby caressed Chris's face and kissed him passionately
This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/mufa-mpreg/viewstory.php?sid=205