Lullaby by Sandy Morrow
Summary: Daniel and Sam are taken prisoner on a world were beautiful Amazon women abound. But on this planet, nothing is as it seems.
Categories: Stargate: SG1 Characters: Col. Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, Daniel/Sam, Dr. Daniel Jackson, Dr. Janet Fraiser, General George Hammond, Jack O'Neill, Teal'C
Genres: Het
Warnings: Abduction/Kidnapping, Alien Conception, Alien Experimentation, Bonding, Complete, Domestic Abuse, Domestic Discipline, Experimentation, Forced Conception, Forced Sex, Human Experimentation, Hurt/Comfort, m/f, Mate Abuse, Mpreg Explicit, Slave/Master
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 41585 Read: 5926 Published: 01/14/2016 Updated: 01/14/2016
Story Notes:
Story takes place during the third season of Stargate.

1. Chapter 1 by Sandy Morrow

2. Chapter 2 by Sandy Morrow

3. Chapter 3 by Sandy Morrow

4. Chapter 4 by Sandy Morrow

5. Chapter 5 by Sandy Morrow

6. Chapter 6 by Sandy Morrow

7. Chapter 7 by Sandy Morrow

8. Chapter 8 by Sandy Morrow

9. Chapter 9 by Sandy Morrow

10. Chapter 10 by Sandy Morrow

11. Chapter 11 by Sandy Morrow

12. Chapter 12 by Sandy Morrow

Chapter 1 by Sandy Morrow
Prologue

Daniel and Sam figure that it’s just another reconnaissement mission, until they find themselves captured by beautiful Amazon warriors. Being in a female dominated society wouldn’t be so bad, Daniel figured. Heck he might even get to like it a bit, until he and Sam find out what the rulers of the city have in mind for Daniel.

They want to use him to help increase the lower working class male population. They must race against time to find a way out of the fortress and back to the Stargate before it’s too late; before there are a lot of little Daniel Jacksons running around.

CHAPTER 1

A NEW WORLD

Daniel shivered as he stepped out of the Stargate on P2X108. It seemed that no matter how many times he stepped through that thing, he could never get over that sudden chill as he stepped over onto another planet. He adjusted his glasses, which slid slightly down his nose. “Darn those things, I’ll need to get them adjusted when I get back home,” he thought to himself. His eyes began to adjust to the view of the forest before them.

“Wow, this is gorgeous!” he exclaimed as he slowly turned around to look. “It looks just like the forest areas back home. Just look at the beautiful color of the leaves on those trees, and the green plants.” He said as he admired the lush forest that surrounded them in all directions. He stood at just six feet tall with dark blonde hair and sky blue eyes. A noted brilliant archeologist, Daniel never outgrew the childlike naivete and wonder.

“Alright, Danny Boy, enough with the travelogue narrative, we are here to explore, so lets get to it.” Jack O’Neill said as he raised his military issued rifle up and pulled the safety to the off position just in case. Slowly they stepped down the steps and out onto the terrain, Jack and Daniel in front with Teal’C and Sam quickly following behind.

Half an hour later they stopped to catch their breath. The sun was broiling down on them through the open patches in the tree branches above.

“Colonel, I don’t think this planet is inhabited. We haven’t seen any signs of life since we arrived.” Sam wiped the sweat from her face with the sleeve of her right arm. Her bright blue eyes taking in their surrounding.

“I believe that Major Carter is right, O’Neill. There doesn’t appear to be any inhabitants around.” Teal’C glanced around giving his best serious face to Colonel O’Neill. The streaks of sunlight that managed to break through the overhead branches were shining on the golden snake insignia of the Jaffa on Teal’Cs forehead.

Holding the staff weapon in his left hand, Teal’C slowly walked around the small group to get a better view of the surrounding. His army issued camouflage pants and jacket made a soft rustling noise as they brushed against the leaves of the underbrush. At well over six feet, he would have stuck out like a sore thumb, but his training as a Jaffa helped him to blend his bronzed, well developed frame from all but the most tenacious trackers.

Jack had to agree with them, it had been quiet since they landed on this planet, but you could never be too sure or too careful. Standing just slightly shorter than Teal’C, and slighter build, but almost as strong, Jack O’Neill gave a striking profile. He had been in the military for most of his life, and was grateful for the experience. It had saved not only his life on a number of occasions, but also the other members of the SG1 team. Not all the years in the military were good to him, he had to admit, but they were beginning to balance out more toward the good side, at least for now.

“All right one final sweep and then we head for home, kiddies.” He hoped he didn’t sound too sarcastic. Then he added, “Sam, you and Daniel take the left flank, Teal’C and I will take the right. Keep your eyes pealed and becareful.”

“Aye, aye mo Capitan,” Daniel said with a wide grin, as he and Samantha headed into the brush, trying to be as quiet as possible.

* * * * * * * *

They had gone a little more than a mile into the dense under brush. Daniel kept swatting at the native insects all the while cursing under his breath. He looked to his right and then to his left, suddenly he felt the ground and sky changed places so fast his heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest.

“Just what the hell happened?” He asked a little louder than he meant to, the bewilderment showing in his face.

“I think we just made contact with the inhabitants of this planet, Daniel.” Sam’s face showed the humiliation that she felt at allowing them to be captured in such a primitive manner. Their captors turned out to be tall, beautiful women. Daniel looked on in admiration and amazement at how well they were able to capture them so efficiently and quietly.

“Me Samantha Carter, me friend.” Sam hoped that their captors understood just what she was trying to convey that they didn’t mean any harm to them. And she hoped that no harm would come to her and Daniel. She silently prayed that she would remember some little something that she had learned from her training in the military that she could use right now. She wondered just how she was going to explain to the Colonel and the General just how she managed to get herself and Daniel captured so quickly and easily, and in such a primitive manner.

“Right now would be a good time for Jack and Teal’C to miraculously come to our rescue. Just any time right now would be perfect. Any second now, come on any second now, any time now Colonel,” Daniel muttered to no one in particular. After what he thought was several minutes, but when he checked his watch the reality set in as it showed it had only a few seconds. The fear began to grow in him that they were not going to be rescued any time soon. All he could hope for now was that Jack and Teal’C managed to escape being captured and would be able to rescue them before any harm befell them.

The leader of the group pointed to the net and the ground. Suddenly the net made a swooshing sound and the ground came up so sudden that their lungs ached from the air being knocked out of them. They were picked up just as efficiently and quickly as they had fallen to the ground. They began to swing back and forth as their captors carried them while they were still bound in the net.

“Excuse me, yoo-hoo, excuse me, is this really necessary, I mean we are capable of walking.”

“Yeeeoooooch, that hurt,” Daniel was not expecting the captor nearest to him to hit with such velocity when he was simply asking what he felt was just a simple question.

“Silence, or you will be punished again,” The leader of the group said sternly. Her eyes were cold and unfeeling. They somehow didn’t go with her soft and angelic face and a knockout figure that you would find on almost any pinup poster found in any red blooded GI ‘s locker.

* * * * * * * *

They had searched through the underbrush for nearly five miles when Teal’C suddenly broke the silence by announcing what they already knew.

“Colonel O’Neill, as I had stated before, there doesn’t appear to be any inhabitants on this planet.”

“Yea, I think you’re right. Let’s meet up with Daniel and Sam and get home.” They walked for nearly half an hour to the rendezvous area, but no Daniel and Sam. “Daniel! Sam!” Jack shouted for his teammates for several minutes before turning to Teal’C and asking, “Do you see anything? Hear anything?”

“I do not. I also I do not believe they would purposely be late, just to annoy you O’Neill.”

“Yeah, I know, something is not right. I don’t know how, but we missed someone or something. Let’s keep our eyes pealed and find them, they may be in trouble.”

They had only searched for a few yards when Teal suddenly called to O’Neill that he had found something. “I have found a hat, it has Daniel Jackson’s name inside of it. It was almost hidden under this bush.”

Jack took the hat in his hands and inspected it for any little clue that it might hold. He slowly looked from the hat to Teal’C. When their eyes met, no words were need for they knew that both had the same thought that something was terribly wrong, something bad had happened to their friends.

“Alright, something definitely is very wrong and I think we are going to need help with this one. Let’s get go back to the DHD and call for some backup. We’ve got only about two hours of daylight left and I don’t want us to be out here alone.” Jack didn’t need to add that last bit, for Teal’C was already heading in the direction of the DHD. Jack said a silent prayer for his friends and quickly followed close behind Teal’C.

* * * * * * * *

General Hammond was startled to here the warning horn signal incoming traffic from the Stargate. He knew that none of the teams were scheduled back for another twelve hours. It could only mean that trouble was at hand. But which one of the four teams that were out at that moment was in trouble. The iris made its familiar swooshing sound. Out of the event horizon walked O’Neill and Teal’C.

“It’s SG1 sir, they are asking for reinforcements to help look for Dr. Jackson and Major Carter. It appears they just disappeared.” The young Lieutenant seated behind the computer console said with a worried look as he glanced up as the General entered the room.

* * * * * * * *

“What do you mean they just disappeared? Nobody just disappears Colonel.” General Hammond stood in front of the blast shield that looked down onto to the Stargate.

“Just what I said General. They were there. We split up to cover more ground. They didn’t show up at the DHD at the appointed time. We did a sweep of the surrounding area. Teal’c found Daniel’s hat about half a mile north of where we last seen them.” Jack and Teal’C stood on the up ramp, just a few feet from the Stargate Iris. Jack’s face reflected the worry that he and Teal’C felt for the safety of their friends.

“General, we need to get going before too much time lapses and we lose what ever trail we have.”

“I realize that Colonel, but the sad fact is there is not much we can do in the dark. Night has already fallen on the planet; therefore we have to wait for several hours. In the mean time I have two crack units standing by to accompany you at first light. That gives us a few hours to work out a reconnaissance plan.” General Hammond hoped that he sounded more confident than he felt.

Early the next morning General Hammond stood at the ramp leading up to the DHD. He watched as Jack and Teal’c led the young marines to the Iris then, echoing the sentiment of everyone in the room quietly said, “Bring them home safe and sound.”

“We will sir.” With that they walked through to the other side.

General Hammond added quietly, “May God help them”, and then walked back to his office.
Chapter 2 by Sandy Morrow
Chapter Two

To Goa’uld or Not to Goa’uld

It didn’t take long for the gentle swaying of the net to lull Daniel into a peaceful sleep. Ah, this is paradise. Relaxing in a hammock, listening to the birds singing overhead. No worries, no cares, just relaxing. Enjoying the gentle breeze blowing. I could stay on this tropical island paradise for the rest of my life, Daniel thought.

The caravan came to an abrupt halt. Sam reached over and at first gently, then firmly repeatedly shook Daniel to wake him.

“Hey sleeping beauty, time to wake up. We are here. Where ever here is.” Daniel, not fully awake from his nap, tried to stretch as the caravan came to an abrupt halt. He did his best to look in the same direction that the captors were looking at, but was only able to get a small glimpse at the massive wall that surrounded the city.

The wall seemed to be at least twenty feet high and to go on in each direction for several miles. As they approached the gate they could hear trumpets signaling their arrival.

Suddenly the massive gate opened and they were carried into the fortress. It reminded Daniel and Sam of the cities of the ancient civilizations of Earth. It had open-air stalls that sold fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, clothes, animals, weapons, and a variety of other objects.

The building themselves were of more modern materials but the architectural again was in the style of Earth’s thirteen and fourteen century. The buildings were ten to twelve stories high with large oversized windows. The surface looked like stucco, but the material composition was unlike any they had seen before.

There was a gigantic water fountain in the center of the City Square. Small lavender doves were flying overhead, making sounds reminiscence of a cross between a pigeon cooing and a parrot screeching.

Over to their left was an old woman spinning yarn on a spinning wheel that Daniel had only until now seen in history books.

They were carried unceremoniously into the main building at the center of the town square. Once inside what appeared to be the throne room, they were let out of the net. Their legs were tingling with almost numbness from being carried for so long.

They were made to stand as best they could when this beautiful blond female entered the room. She had to be the ruler, Daniel thought for she certainly looked like a queen. She was tall, slender with the longest, well-defined legs he had ever seen. Thick blond hair piled high up on her head with strands of fiery red streamers woven throughout. She wore a matching red dress in the classical Greek fashion with sandals that laced up to her knees.

The leader of their captors walked over to the queen.

“Hail my queen, we have captors that we caught in the Bargayne Sector. We had no trouble in capturing them, with their primitive weapons.”

Le’ Ana barely spoke above a whisper. “They don’t look like goa’ulds. Have you checked them out?”

“We have been watching them on the way to the city, my Queen, but as of yet we have not seen neither their eyes or voice change. We have looked over their weapons. They are extremely primitive. We have found nothing that we usually find on a goa’uld. Unless they are trying to trick us.” Answered the hunting party warrior.

“If they are, I know how we can find out rather quickly. We will give them the bonding elixir. If Goa’uld, it will not affect them. If human, it will act most quickly. They won’t be able to resist mating. Should they be goa’uld, we will soon know. For their sake, I pray they are not or they will swiftly lose their heads.”

Then quickly Queen Le’Ana added. “Have the scientist thoroughly go over their weapons and any thing else that they have with them. Take all their clothing to examine also. DO NOT forget anything. They can be extremely clever, but not as clever as we are. That is how we have managed to survive for all these thousands of years! Until then, let them think that they have the upper hand.”

“Yes, my Queen,’’ the warrior replied as she bowed and left the room. v “Welcome to our fair city. I am Le’ Ana, the Queen of Myosha, and who might you be?” Asked the blonde beauty, looking directly at Sam.

“I’m Daniel Jackson and this is Samantha Carter, we are…”

“Silence!” Her once beautiful face now showing a hideous snarl turned and looked directly at Daniel, “ ---male you will speak only when spoken to.” Le’Ana furious that he dared to utter a word to a female without being spoken to and given permission to speak, hissed, “ I do not know how males are trained in your sector, but here they do not speak unless they are first given permission. You will not speak again in my presence. Is that understood?”

“Uh, yes, I clearly understand.” Red faced with embarrassment, he quickly looked from Le’Ana to Sam and back to Le’Ana again.

She turned again to Sam and continued, “And now as I was saying, we are sorry for the way you were welcomed into our city, but you can’t be too careful of ones enemies. Who are you and from what sector are you? We do not recognize your clothing pattern?”

“Uh-m, we are from the north. We-uhm were just out looking around, seeing what else and who else is around when you’re welcoming party found us.” Sam hoped that she sounded believable. If she wasn’t she hoped they were able to find a way out of here before it was too late, and before Daniel got into any more trouble with the locals.

Daniel noticed they all dressed in the Classical Greek fashion, but that their weapons were way more advanced, more advanced than that of the modern military of the United States. They spoke Modern English, therefore he concluded they must be either descendants of Earth’s’ or Earth’s forefathers.

“Well you and your mate are welcomed to our humble city. Please stay as long as you like. If you require anything, anything at all, please let one of my servants know.”

“Le’Ana, would it be possible to have our backpacks returned to us? We really need them.” Sam hoped that she didn’t sound too desperate

“For what purpose would you need those antiquated weapons in our city?” Le’Ana raised a curious eyebrow in Sam’s direction.

“We, that is Daniel and I, really wish to thank you for your hospitality, but we really must be going. You see, we are meeting some friends near where your guards found us and we really need to get going.”

“Nonsense, it’s much too dangerous for you to be roaming about out there now. You and your mate will stay here until the danger is gone. Should your friends find their way here they too will be welcomed. Now there will be no more discussion about it, you will be our guest for now.” With that Le’Ana signaled for her servant.

“What danger are you talking about? We didn’t see or hear anything while we were in the forest?” Sam was trying her best to come up with something plausible enough to make the queen release them without suspicion.

“Why our enemies from the east territory were spotted not two miles from here just this morning. While you are our guest here, we would be responsible if anything should happen to you. Our warriors will take care of them in very quickly. Don’t worry and then you and your mate can be on your way again, real soon, you will see. Now don’t worry. Enjoy your selves.” She again signaled for her servant and told him to take Samantha and her mate to their quarters.

“Uhm”Le’Ana, excuse me but uhm, Daniel is not my mate, he is ----”.

“I’m sorry, I just assumed that your servant was your mate. If you don’t mind then, he can stay with the other concubines.” Le’Ana pointed down the hall in the opposite direction.

“NO”I mean, I am sorry for the confusion, that is I mean that he’s “”

“You’re to be bonded”why didn’t you say so, you can be bonded right now.” She clapped her hands and shouted for the High Priestess.

Servants with beautiful, silken robes appeared and began to push Daniel and Sam to the Temple room. They were quickly disrobed and dressed in the flowing silver robes and shoved in front of the Priestess. A cup of a musky smelling brown liquid was placed in their hands. The Priestess began chanting and asking them questions.

“Daniel, just how do we get out of this?” Sam turned to Daniel with a look of panic on her face. Not knowing what to do and hoping that her companion would have the perfect answer.

“I haven’t the foggiest idea. But let’s not anger them right now so we can buy some time to figure this out.” Daniel looked scared. He looked from Samantha to the High Priestess them up at the ceiling and said a silent prayer for help.

They both gasped at the smell of the dark liquid in the cup. They were told to drink this foul liquid. “You’ve got to be kidding?” They both said almost in unison. The high priestess placed her hands on the cups and forced them to their mouths making them drink.

She began the ceremony by first asking Sam; “Do you wish to be responsible for this male, for the rest of his life?”

The liquid burned as it went down. The room began to feel odd; it swayed back and forth, then up and down. Their bodies began to feel warm, real warm. Their loins began to hunger.

Sam looked over at Daniel, why hadn’t she noticed before how handsome and sexy he looked. I wouldn’t mind jumping his bones she thought. Yep, he just might be worth giving it a try.

“You bet”, slurred Sam. Did she sound as drunk to them as she did to herself, she wondered? No matter, she thought it’s all in the name of science and peaceful research. She ached to jump Daniel and ride him like an unbroken stud horse. Yes sirreee bob she was suddenly aching to give him the ride of his life, and she just might let him enjoy it a little too.

“Are you male, willing to let this female citizen be responsible for you for the rest of your life? And promise to take the best care of her and her belongings, and to bear her as many children as she so wishes?” The High Priestess was now looking at Daniel with her hawk like features and small beady eyes, that were black as night.

“Oh yessirree. I do indeedee, what ever you say.” Boy was he having a very difficult time controlling his thoughts. What was the matter with him? It was all he could do to keep from jumping the beautiful, the most gorgeous Samantha Carter.

She looked so hot in that silver robe. Her blonde hair shimmered in the candlelight. Her eyes outshone the bluest ocean. He felt this uncontrollable burning in his loins that grew with each passing moment. His heart was beating faster and faster with each glance at Samantha.

Suddenly he couldn’t stand it any more. He turned to Samantha, grabbing her by her upper arms shoving her to the floor as he ripped off her robe and drove his swollen manhood into her. His hot moist tongue searched out the most sensitive parts of the inside of her mouth, and she let him. Soft unintelligent sounds arose from her throat. Her hips rose to meet his with each pounding thrust of passion. Her hands sought out the small of his back then moved to his shoulders holding on tightly as she raised her hips, kissing him back, hard. Then her hands moved downward to the small of his back, holding onto him as if her life depended on it. This caused him to go deeper into her love canal as his mouth sought out her bare pink nipples and began to roughly lick and suck on first one then the other. She arched her back in sensuous pleasure as his teeth bit and nibbled in ecstasy first one nipple then the other. When her sexual pleasure became more vocal, Daniel could feel her shudder under him causing his manhood to stiffen even more. He thrust harder and more rapidly, and then felt the sweet release of his hot, life giving juices. That was his last conscious memory.

“So, they are not alone.” Le’Ana thought as she paced back and forth. Her pace was quickening with each order given to her warriors. Well if they should be Goa’uld, we will know soon enough.

Turning to the nearest guard she ordered, “Search the entire forest if you have to but find the companions to these two. Do not stop until they are found, or it will cost you your head.”

“My Queen, I am sorry to interrupt, but I have news for you about the new comers!”

“Well what is it, are they Goa’uld or not?”

“My Queen they are mating as we speak. The elixir proved they are not Goa’uld!” Her servant was smiling with pleasure.

“So they are not Goa’uld, then who or what are they? Why are they here?” Find out and find out now!”

“But your highness, they are not goa’uld, the elixir proved that” Elona stated, her ear-to-ear grin on her face began to fade.

“That is true, but if they are not goa’uld, then who are they? If they do come from the Eastern territory, why are they here? In the contract they signed eight generations ago they had agreed to stay in their territory. Unless they are having the same problem that we are with dwindling population. That’s it. They want to find out if our males are still extremely fertile and can produce male children as easily as a female child,” Le’ana exclaimed to her head of security.

“We can’t let them take any of our males. We only have one male for every four females now. And with the low birth rate we would be in more serious jeopardy if we lose any more. We have got to stop them.”

“First while they are unconscious, let’s have the doctor examine them to see if they are capable of reproducing. If they are, then we will observe them for a week, to see if the male is impregnated. If he is, we will wait until he is far enough along to determine the sex of the child. If female, we will know that they are here to find out how many males we have and where they are kept. If the child proves to be male, we will keep them here until we can impregnate him again and determine the sex of the second child. If again it is male, then we know that they do not have the same problems, as do we. And then we will know for sure that their true purpose is to take over our sector. If that proves to be true, we will fight them to the death if we have to,” Le’ana slammed her fist down on the console of her desk.

She was furious at the thought that the Eastern Territory would have the audacity to try to invade her territory. After all it had been only eight generations ago that they had settled their disputes by drawing up the contract. It gave each tribe a section of the planet as their own. They could govern it as they saw fit. They each agreed to never enter the other sector under any purpose without first contacting their head council for permission. If permission was not granted and you entered any way you could and would be killed and it considered an act of war.

An hour later the doctor called Le’ana from the console in Daniel and Sam’s living quarters.

“I have some very interesting news for you, my queen. They both are very fertile, but the female is the one that has the internal organs to carry the child, not the male. They are throwbacks to our ancestors when they first arrived on this planet. What would you want done with them?”

“God forbid that female should have to go through that pitiful experience just to reproduce. Is there anything that can be done to correct it?”

“I could consult the medical logs from our forefathers to see if there is a hint of any idea. Will get back to you as soon as I can.”

“Very good doctor. Call me as soon as you know anything.”

Barely half an hour later the doctor was excitedly calling Le’ana back.

“I have found something in the last book of homeopathy. It seems that we have a plant that exudes hormones that can cause it to change gender when needed to reproduce. I have my Concubine out looking for the plant now. It’s similar to the one that we use for the bonding ceremonies. The book has a picture of the plant and the location that they found it. He should be back any minute with the plant. I’ll make an elixir from it and administer it to them. We hopefully should see results in a few hours or days. We will have to monitor them, as this is the first time I have done this so I am unsure of the time frame.

“The book says it’s not harmful to humans. They discovered the plant properties after some of the inhabitants ate it. The side effects wore off after a few weeks, but not until after the males became pregnant. The females liked the idea so much that they made a marriage elixir out of it. But the effects didn’t last long. Then they discovered the plant that we use today. Its effects last longer and after so many years of ingesting it, it permanently altered our physiology. Later we added properties to it to boost the hormones when a concubine resists mating with his new mistress. Here he is now, I will get back to you after I am finished here.”

“Very good doctor. Please keep me informed.” Le’Ana began to pace with worry about what would the new captives mean to her empire?
Chapter 3 by Sandy Morrow
Chapter Three

That Damn Exlicer

Daniel couldn’t remember a time that his head throbbed so badly. It hurt worse than the time that Ramir, his assistant on an Egyptian dig, and he celebrated after they discovered some rare and unbroken pottery from 7000 BC. Just what the hell was that god-awful taste in his mouth? He wasn’t sure if it tasted like a cross between rotten eggs and moldy bread, but it was close.

From the feel of the silk sheet against his skin, Daniel surmised that he was as naked as a newborn babe, just what happened to my clothes, he thought as he pulled the silk sheet closer to his eyes? He hoped to blot out the sun that was streaming through the window. He realized the room was different from the room in his last conscious memory. Just where was he and how did he get here, in this bedroom he couldn’t quite figure out yet.

Suddenly he was aware of soft moaning coming from his left. It sounded a little like Sam. No it couldn’t be, not with him naked in bed. Just what did happen earlier? He slowly turned his head. His eyes began to focus on the person next to him, when a very shocked look began growing on his face as the thought, “Oh my god it is Sam and she’s naked too!” raced across his mind. He quickly tried to look in the opposite direction.

“Uh hiya, Sam, guess what,” Daniel started to say, but suddenly he was covering up his ears at the most blood curdling scream he had ever heard come from Sam that he could ever remember. It was making his head threatened to split in two.

“Oh my god what happened. Where are my clothes? Why are you in my bed?” Screamed Sam. She quickly grabbed her ears and moaned something about her head trying to kill her. Then she noticed a long cut on her left arm.

“Just what the hell happened to my arm?” She thrust out her arm for Daniel to see, not even caring that the sheet had dropped and was exposing here firm breasts.

“My left arm has the same cut and to answer your question I don’t know what did happen. The last I remember was some old hag forcing us to drink this bad cider.” Daniel, placed one hand on top of his head in a vain attempt to stop the pounding, he looked around for some of his clothing to put on.

“Yeah, I remember that too, and a lot of females standing around shouting. I don’t remember exactly what they were saying, but I remember the sounds.’ Sam added.

“Where are our clothes?” They said in unison, as they looked at each other and both realize that their clothes were nowhere to be seen.

“Why would someone go to all the trouble of taking our clothes? What do they expect us to do without them? We can’t stay in this room all the time. Daniel we have to get out of here and find our way back to where we left Jack and Teal’C.”

“I realize that, but our first priority is finding out where are clothes are and just where the hell we are and just how do we get out of here?” They search every inch of the bedroom, kitchen and finally the living room, without success. Their apartment was comfortable. It was in he classic Greek style, but with modern conveyances. It had a refrigerator that was built into the wall of the kitchen. Its door looked more like a painting of the outdoors in the springtime. It had running water and ceiling lights, electricity (they weren’t sure of the power source for they hadn’t seen a power plant anywhere), indoor plumbing, and central heating and cooling.

Daniel couldn’t remember a time that he had heard her so scared. He wanted to put his arms around her to comfort her when they heard footsteps outside the door. Hope rapidly spread across both of their faces as they opened the door.

Walking down the hallway was a young girl of eight or nine years. Her jet-black hair was piled high on her head with turquoise ribbons laced through out that matched her turquoise dress and gold laced sandals. Her almond colored eyes reflected maturity beyond her physical age.

“Excuse me,” Sam leaned out from behind the door as best she could with out letting the young girl see that all she had on was the sheet off of the bed. “Excuse me, could you find someone to help me find my clothes, they seemed to have disappeared.”

“You don’t need clothes for the first week after you bond with your chosen male.” The young girl replied.

“Bond, what do you mean bond?”

“You know, promise to always take care of and to stay true to the one male until he dies. And he promises to always stay true to you and take care of you and your children. I never heard of the bonding elixir making anyone forget everything before.” The young girl rolled her eyes toward the ceiling as she started to walk away.

“What, bonding elixir are you talking about honey, is it, or I mean is, was it that awful tasting stuff they made us drink?”

“Yeah that’s the stuff alright, it makes you want to mate with your male as soon as you lay eyes on him at the bonding ceremony. Is their any thing else you want to know? I gotta go, my mom and her mate are waiting for me.”

“Yes, who do I talk to about getting my clothes back, you see, I really need them, it’s awfully important that I get them as soon as possible.”

“As I told you, the grand council won’t give them back to you, right now. They want you to bond for a week with your mate. As soon as they are satisfied that you have mated enough, they will bring you your clothes.” With that she ran down the hall and out of sight.

“Come back. I said come back here you little brat!” Sam, nearly in tears collapsed against the doorframe. Closing her eyes and forgetting that Daniel was close by she added, “A whole week without clothes in the same room with Daniel, oh my god I think I went to hell and someone forgot to tell me.”

Daniel’s jaw nearly hit the floor as his nostrils flare, then grabbed Sam by the shoulders and exclaimed, “EXCUSE ME! Do you really think that I am enjoying this? I’m not ready for marriage. I’m the type of man that wants to get to know the girl, know every thing there is about her, to develop deep feelings for her before I ask her to marry me, not just have a casual one night stand.” His anger began to subside as his eyes locked on to her soft, pouty lips and quivering chin. Slowly his eyes slid down to her heaving breast and his breath began to quicken as he added, “-- Well, to tell the truth, I really don’t mind looking at your well defined legs, or the soft bend of your neck----what’s happening? I can’t seem to control my thoughts anymore-”

“Daniel, I hope that General Hammond doesn’t find out about this-----” With that last thought she opened her eyes and looked at Daniel. She let her sheet fall to the ground and went to Daniel wrapping her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his. She felt his arms wrap around her waist and his lips soften and then part as her tongue sought out the inner reaches of his mouth. Her last coherent thought was that it must be that damn elixir.

* * * * * * * *

Later that evening, the doctor arrived at the council chambers. “Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It took longer than I had planned. I had to make a small incision on their arms to administer the elixir. It was too thick to use a hypospray. Then they almost woke up while I was there. Now only time will tell how it turns out.”

It was four days later; the doctor proudly announced to the queen, that Daniel was indeed pregnant. She should be summoned to their quarters in the next couple of weeks to examine Samantha’s sick mate. Then it will be only a matter of a couple of weeks after that until we are able to determine the sex of the child.

“Good work doctor. Now we just have to come up with a few little tricks to keep them here while we take their plan apart.”

The sound of birds chirping outside the bedroom window caused Sam to open her eyes. As she looked about the room, she noticed that clothing similar to what the citizens here wore was placed on the chair by the door. Had it been a week already since she and Daniel were mistakenly married? It didn’t seem like it had been that long.

With that she lovingly looked over at Daniel. She was about to wake him, when she began to think about how cute he looked just lying there asleep. What great sex they had. Man if every woman knew just how great in sex he was, they would be fighting tooth and nail just to try him out. He is every woman’s fantasy, one that she hoped to keep to herself. Why hadn’t she noticed before, how peaceful, how secure she felt with him next to her. How fulfilled she felt, but she wondered if he felt the same way about her? She decided to push that thought away for now. She dragged her fingers lightly over his forehead and gently whispered his name into his ear. He stirred slightly, not wanting to fully wakeup. It felt so good just laying there, getting those last few seconds of sleep in before he’s forced to get out of bed for real.

“Daniel, their here, our clothes, well, sort of our clothes are here.” Sam’s eyes danced with excitement as she scrambled out of bed to look at the clothing lying across a chair at the end of their bed.

“They are?” he said as he opened his eyes and stretched.

“I guess we past the time limit, on solitude.” Sam said as she helped Daniel to rise and shine the best that he could at that moment.

“Well don’t we just look dandy,” Daniel looked in the mirror at himself and Sam and shook his head. He had to admit Sam did look good in the off the shoulder number she had on. That aquamarine dress made her look radiant. The gold cord belt made her eyes shine and matched the golden color of her hair.

He on the other hand, with that short tunic showing his knobby knees and hairy legs, just looked ridiculous. Oh well, he sighed, when in Rome do as the Romans do I guess. Well we certainly will blend in with inhabitants, he thought as he shook his head at their reflections.

* * * * * * * *

A few moments later after they had dressed and their minds had a chance to fully clear the cobwebs out, Daniel said, “I want to look around and see what I can find out about this culture, this planet and most importantly, just where is Jack and Teal’C? We can’t totally forget about them.”

“You’re right, we do need to find out what happened to them.” She realized that she hadn’t given them a thought since they first arrived. That wasn’t like her; she had better focus more on their mission.

“Shall we make our first public appearance since our wedding?” Sam reached for the door and Daniel quickly followed.

“By all means let’s get this over with.” Daniel briefly closed is eyes and shook his head. This planet just had to be inhabited by Greek Amazons; it just had to be his luck. He shook his head and followed Sam down the corridor.

They had only gone a few feet when a brunette and her mate met up with them.

“Hello, I‘m Angelina and this is my mate Altecor. You must be Samantha, the new arrival that I’ve heard so much about. I’m on my way to the council meeting, would you like to join me.”

“Oh, I don’t know if I should, it being our first time here and all.” Sam stammered not knowing what she should do, not wanting to be interrupted in their quest to find their comrades.

“Nonsense, nearly everyone will be there. You can meet them and learn about our city and we can learn about you and answer any question that you might have. If you’re worried about your mate finding his way around, he’ll be fine.”

Turning she indicated her one mate and said, “Altecor will show your mate where the shops are to shop for your food and other supplies. We’ll loan you some credits until you are issued some from the treasury. Altecor will have him back at your living quarters before you get back, won’t you Altecor?” He stood almost the same height as Daniel. He looked as if life had been harsh on him. His brown hair was coarse and his pallor was pale almost sickly. He had a paunch that was slightly noticeable.

“Yes, my lady,” he cringed at her harsh glare. Sam and Daniel did not miss the harshness of her tone. Sam gave Daniel a please be careful look, that she hoped he understood.

Angelica took Sam by the arm and walked away. Altecor grabbed Daniel’s arm and pulled him in the opposite direction out into the bright sunlight and across the courtyard.

“Come on we haven’t much time, the meeting only last about three hours.”

“Three hours that’s plenty of time to shop and look around before they finish.” Daniel said matter of factly.

“No you don’t understand. I don’t know how you do it in your sector, but here, you get your shopping done, clean your living quarters, get the cooking done, the laundry and take care of the children, before the mistress gets home. If not, you’re in for a lot of trouble.”

Perplexed by what Altecor had just said, Daniel had to ask, “ Trouble, just what kind of trouble could you get into?”

“You can be publicly whipped, your bonding broken and be sent to the concubine quarters or even banished to the forest to fend for yourself, while your children are kept by the mistress and you will never see them again.”

Altecor had the most horrified look that Daniel had ever seen. It finally was beginning to sink in just how bad the men had it here.

“The women can actually do that to the men?” It reminded Daniel of some of the third world countries backward thinking against women back on good OLE earth.

“If you are lucky that is all they will do to you.” The fear in Altecor voice made Daniel shutter. Just what had they gotten themselves into this time he thought.

* * * * * * * *

Sam sat in the chair next to Angelica. Boy they sure do like luxury, she thought as she surveyed the room. There were tapestries on the walls depicting hunting parties; raids on villages, home life, and a small tapestry with what looked like a cross between a deer and a mountain lion. There were animal skins on the floor and on the heavy wooden table in front of the grand council. The chairs had fur skins covering them. There was a large fireplace to the right of the council table. Directly behind the council members were windows that covered most of the wall. The drapes that partially covered the windows were of a rich burgundy color. There were unlit torches every five feet on the walls.

“Samantha, please answer the question, where are you from and why are you in our territory?”

Sam quickly came to attention at the sound of her name being called. “I’m sorry, I was just admiring the beauty of the tapestries.”

“Thank you, my mate did them for the council chambers a few years ago. Now back to the questions, where are you from and why have you trespassed on our territory?”

Le’Ana’s tone unnerved Sam, and she held her breath while trying to give a good bluff to stall them until help could arrive.

“My mate and I mean you no harm. We are from the north territory, traveling to the south. We are just exploring, trying to find someplace to call our own, to raise a family. It was unintentional that we happened upon your territory.” Sam hoped she sounded sincere.

“No harm you say. Then what are these primitive weapons that you have in these carriers, my warriors found on you. What is their purpose?”

“They as you say are primitive. Their purpose was for protection from the wild animals that might try to attack my mate and myself, and to help capture the animals to feed us. Surely, my old weapons would never pose a threat to you or your warriors.”

“We shall debate on your answers and return with our decision in a few moments.” With that the council members filed out into the smaller room to the left.

“Don’t worry, it will be fine. You will see. They will allow you to stay as long as you need to. Le’Ana, she always tries to act tough, but she’s not as tough as she likes to make herself. I should know I have been to enough of these meetings.” Angelica smiled and placed a reassuring hand on Sam’s shoulder.

* * * * * * * *

They finished their shopping and hurried back to their living quarters. After Daniel put the purchases away and straightened up some, he figured that he would seek out the quarters that Altecor shared. Ten minutes later he found it.

Altecor was even more stressed out then when Daniel had left him. Feeling sorry for him, Daniel talked him into letting him help clean up the quarters and helped by keeping the children occupied while Altecor fixed the midday meal.

Altecor kept reminding Daniel that the time for the ladies of the house to return was fast approaching and that maybe he should hurry home and make his mates’ midday meal before she arrives. Daniel took his leave after Altecor generously thanked him for his help.

* * * * * * * *

“I was able to buy us some time to look for Jack and Teal’C.” She said as they ate the midday meal that Daniel had quickly prepared.

“How did you convince them that we meant no harm to anyone?”

“I told them that we were from the north territory and were on our way south to look for a nice place to call home. They bought it but for some reason insist that we stay in the fortress for now. They say it’s too dangerous to go out on our own at the moment. But they will allow us to leave in a few days. In the mean time they have placed me on the hunting party teams to earn our keep. I’ll earn a few credits each time. If I go on extra hunting parties, they will pay extra. The parties are out for a couple of hours each time, I’m told.” Sam sampled more of the food Daniel had prepared. She stopped suddenly and her eyes widen in surprise as she said to him,“This food is really good Daniel, I didn’t know you could cook like this.”

“Thanks, it’s just a little survival skill I picked up over the years.” He smiled.
Chapter 4 by Sandy Morrow
Chapter Four

Do I Look Fat To You?

The days seemed to meld into one another as they grew more accustomed to living in their newfound, but temporary home. As the days went by Daniel began to notice strangeness in his body. Every day the feeling seem to grow. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but he knew that something wasn’t quite right. He knew that things seemed to affect him more emotionally than they use to, but why? Was there something about this planet, its atmosphere, its food, water supply, some unknown quality, or was he just stressing out? He needed to talk to Sam to find out if she too felt the strangeness that he was beginning to wonder about. He seemed to be putting on a little weight too. He was going to half to watch how much he was eating. That in itself was going to be hard for some of their delicacies were extremely hard to resist.

“Sam, have you noticed feeling a little strange since we arrived on this planet?”

“Now that you mentioned it, I have. I feel exhilarated, more alive. There’s something else; I can’t quite put my finger on it. But if I feel this good it can’t be bad. ”

Her eyes were shining with almost a glow that Daniel didn’t remember seeing before. She did seemed stronger, more confident than he ever remembered, and there was something else that he couldn’t put his finger on, but vowed to figure out.

* * * * * * * *

Several days had passed with no sign of Jack or Teal’C. They still had not found a way out of the fortress with out Le’ Ana or the guards noticing either. They decided to play it by ear to buy some much-needed time.

Sam continued going on their daily hunting parties with the other warriors. These warriors were amazing she had to admit. The way they could sense when an animal was close by, and would just freeze until their eyes would locate the animal. Suddenly they would slowly raise their arm laser and fires before the animal had a chance to figure out were they were. Most of their game consisted of an animal that looked like a cross between and elk and an over-grown rabbit. The animal stood about five feet tall from hoof to top of its head. When Sam first saw the animal it startled her for its head seemed more like that of an elk, but the body was more that of an over-grown rabbit. It made a sound more consistent with the world’s largest bullfrog. Its meat was very lean and tender and it was extremely delicious.

She would try to sneak away from the hunting parties for just a few minutes to look at certain mountain passages that looked vaguely familiar, but the warriors would always find her and escort her back to the rest of the party. She would use the excuse that she didn’t see them go in the opposite direction or that she thought she saw something, she was never sure if they quite believed her or not”quite frankly Sam didn’t really care.

One morning while Daniel was in the market doing his daily shopping, he felt a little queasy. At first he hoped it would just go away, that it might have been from him eating his breakfast too fast. He had wanted to hurry and get to the marketing section of the town square. There was an old shopkeeper that he would talk to almost day about the history of the city and the planet. He decided to set on the edge of the retaining wall that surrounded the fountain in the center of the plaza for a few minutes until his stomach settled.

Daniel spied Altecor out of the corner of his eye. He came running up to Daniel, eager to tell him of the morning news. Daniel couldn’t believe his ears what he heard. When the daily shopping was done, Daniel raced back to the living quarter’s area. He quickly fixed something for Sam to munch on and then since he was feeling a little tired laid down to rest until she arrived.

* * * * * * * *

“Hey Daniel, I didn’t realize that your cooking skills could get any better than they already have. You have really surprised me with your wifely abilities lately.“ Sam’s voice pierced the dark curtain in Daniel’s head.

He didn’t realize that he could feel so tired when he hadn’t done that much today. It must be the atmosphere of this planet he thought. Yea that must be it. He still hadn’t figured out why he had been feeling a little “off” since arriving on P2X108. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it but hoped Dr. Fraiser could help him figure it out once they were home again.

Realizing that his stomach was churning very quickly, Daniel leaped off of the bed and bolted to the bathroom with all the speed he could muster. Barely making it before he heaved up everything and then some.

“Daniel are you alright? God, she hoped that he wasn’t really sick. That was all they needed, to be trapped on a planet and one of them sick with out knowing if the local inhabitants medicine would help them and being unsure if they would be able to get home anytime soon.

“I’m just peachy keen.” Daniel sounded and felt pathetic. All he wanted at that moment was to go home and be in the care of Dr. Fraiser.

Sam asked if she could get him anything to help calm his stomach, as she helped him back to bed. He told Sam that he must have gotten too much sun today when Altecor had told him about the prisoners and he had Altecor show him where they were kept.

He felt if Jack and Teal’C had the misfortune of being captured they must be in there since they haven’t seen or heard of them in the council chambers.

All he could do was moan when Sam asked if he was sure that she couldn’t get him some food to help his stomach.

“Maybe I should ask Angelica if there’s a doctor around that I could get for you. Surely they would have something to help settle your stomach.”

“That would be a god send, Sam.” Daniel tried to lie as still as he could, until the doctor arrived.

* * * * * * * *

“Give him one of these every four hours, and remember all the other instructions. I want to see both of you in two weeks. Make sure he eats better than what he has been.”

“I’ll see to that, thank you.” Sam walked the doctor to the door. She leaned against the closed door and quietly said, “This just can’t be happening. No one on Earth is going to believe this. Hell I don’t even believe this. How am I going to live this down? They’re going to say, stay away from her; she’ll get you pregnant.”

Feeling the bottle of pills in her hand she walked over to the kitchen and then poured a cup of water. Taking one of the pills out of the bottle she slowly walked into the bedroom. “Daniel, you need to take this, it will help calm your stomach down.”

“Thank god for that. What did she say was the problem?” Daniel gave Sam back the cup after washing down the pill. He leaned back on the pillow and looked her right in the eye. “Come on Sam what did she say?” Daniel tried to read Sam’s eyes but couldn’t.

“You’ll be just fine in a few weeks.” She tried to avoid looking directly into his eyes. She wasn’t sure if she would start to cry or laugh uncontrollably, if their eyes did meet.

“A few weeks, why so long, am I that ill? What’s gonna happen in a few weeks?”

“That’s when you will have the baby. …… Daniel… Daniel, Daniel are you in there, Daniel can you hear me?” Sam fanned her hand at Daniel. She should have waited to tell him, but it was such pure pleasure to see his expression when she told him. She couldn’t help but laugh at the thought of a man being pregnant. At last mother nature-getting revenge.

* * * * * * * *

“You were joking with me last night about me being pregnant, right Sam?” They were seated at the breakfast table the following morning. Daniel ’s eyes pleaded with her please let this be a sick joke you’re playing on me. She wanted to tell him that it was just a cruel joke, but the cruel part was, she wasn’t joking.

“It was going to be interesting to see just how Daniel would handle taking over the role of motherhood,” Sam thought. “I always thought he would be a good father, now only time would tell if I’m right.” She wasn’t sure how she totally felt about this role reversal. Secretly she always had this dream tucked way back in her mind that someday she would be the one to get fat with child and have the baby. She never envisioned impregnating a male before. I guess there is the first time for everything.

“Nooooo Daniel, I’m afraid I’m not joking with you. You are very pregnant. In about four more months you will be having our baby. On this planet pregnancies only last five months. It seems that the marriage elixir makes our bodies mass-produce sex hormones. They in turn help the couple bond faster and it also causes the males to get pregnant faster and easier.”

“That’s all good Sam but we’re not from this planet, so how can this be happening to me? I just don’t understand this; this isn’t supposed to happen, especially to me? I’ll be the laughing stock of the academic world, the military and anyone else who finds out.”

“It won’t be a picnic for me either Daniel. We both will be the laughing stock of the military. They’ll want to keep both of us in the hospital and run these entire tests and never let us leave. Daniel I don’t want that kind of life for our baby or us. But the matter of fact is it’s a reality we must consider.

Now I’m not rightly sure what caused this to happen. It must be something in the atmosphere, or the food, I’m just not sure. If we can get back home, maybe Dr. Fraiser can help figure it out. In the mean time, you have to calm down and take good care of our little bundle of joy to be. Now, let’s change the subject for a minute. Just what did you find out on your walk yesterday?”

“Well as I said before all this excitement, I found out from Altecor and hearing the other males talk that some strangers were captured yesterday morning. They were put in the prison section. They were some concern over one of the prisoners. They say that the council is deciding what to do with him. Sounds like it may be Teal’C. I’m still trying to get info on just how far we are from the Stargate and where our equipment is being held.

I had Altecor show me the section of the prison the prisoners are in. I couldn’t get close enough to the window to see who was in there. Now, what have you found out?”

“Not as good as you I’m afraid. All they did at the council meeting was discuss issues relating to running this city, and who earned the right to pick from the concubine group to bond with. If there really were prisoners brought in they didn’t discuss it while I was there.”

“I could try again today at the market.” Daniel answered as he reached for his shopping basket, but Sam took it from him.

“After you eat something.” Sam took Daniel by the shoulders and pushed him down into a chair at the kitchen table. Then she added “ You have to start taking better care of yourself now that you’re pregnant. She put a plate of assorted fruit and delicacies in front of him.

As she poured him a glass of milk she added, “Daniel this is the first for the both of us, first marriage, for me anyway, first pregnancy, first time role reversal. Neither of us knows much about this strange planet, so until we do, we need to be as careful as possible. The first priority is, taking especially good care of you. If nothing else happens while we are stuck here, we have a healthy baby. Now eat. I have to go. The hunting party will be assembling in a few minutes. I want you to get plenty of rest and don’t stay out in the sun too long either.”

“Nag, nag, nag, yes little----Hey, if I’m the mother of this kid, what does that make you, the second mom or the dad?” Daniel gave a sly grin as Sam went out the door. Sam just chuckled, but stopped and thought out loud, “Just what does that make me?” She shrugged and said, “Interesting, very “interesting.”

* * * * * * * *

Two weeks later, the doctor rushed down the corridor and into the Queen’s chamber. “I have good new for you, my Queen, good news indeed.” The doctor smiled as she enters the Queens chambers.

“I just examined the male called Daniel. It is official; he is having a boy. A very healthy boy compared to our children that have been born in the last few years. I estimate that if all goes well and he carries to term, the child will weight in about seven and a half to eight pounds.”

“That’s more than any of our children have weighed in the last several years. So he is taking good care of himself, good, good.”

“So far, but I still want to keep a close eye on him. He’s just slightly anemic, really nothing to worry about at this time, but it’s still worth checking on.” A slight frown crosses the doctor’s face.

“Are you sure it’s nothing to worry about, nothing that could cause problems?”

“If it gets any lower, I can give him either shots or make sure his mate gives him a more nutritious diet. If I really want to push the issue, I can always have him admitted to the hospital for the duration of the pregnancy.”

“By all means doctor, keep a close eye on him. We don’t want anything to happen now that we are so close to destroying the Eastern Territories plans.”

“As you wish, your highness.” With that the doctor left.

* * * * * * * *

A couple of weeks later, Daniel was standing in front of their bedroom mirror turning first to the right then to the left. A smile spread across his face as he ran his hands across the small mound that seemed to appear almost over night on his belly. Sam stood in the doorway watching him.

“Don’t fall so much in love with your reflection that you forget our doctors appointment this afternoon.”

“ I can’t help it Sam, that old saying is true. I just never gave it a second thought before, but it is true.”

“What saying is that Daniel?”

“You know, that saying that being pregnant and feeling the baby move inside of you, makes you realize that a baby is truly a miracle. No matter which of us is carrying the child, it still is a miracle.”

Sam walked over to Daniel and placing a hand under his chin she raised his face to hers and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

“Yes, it is a miracle, one that I’m glad I had a part in with you. I have to go but as I said earlier---”

“Yes, I know you’re going to be late for the hunting party. Maybe today you will find the trail that we came in on. And don’t forget to have a good hunt, and yes I won’t forget that we are to see the doctor today.”

* * * * * * * *

“There is nothing to worry about in my asking both of you to be here to see me today. I always like to see first time parents on the first visit, to answer any questions they may have and to let them know what to expect. Then I will examine the male and let you know of any findings and then if that’s all the questions, we will make an appointment for the next two weeks.” Dr. Israel tried to be as reassuring as she could.

“Now ask any questions that you may have and I’ll do the best I can to answer them.”

“I don’t mean to sound dumb, but just how am I suppose to give birth to this baby? I mean just how are you expecting this child to exit my body?” Daniel was doing his best to not turn forty shades of red at this point, but the thought of the child traveling through a certain key part of his of his male anatomy was just a little more than he wanted to think about at this point. As usual Sam just sat there and laughed her head off at his insecurity.

“There is not a single question that I will find too stupid or embarrassing to answer. It is a valid question. I realize that some families do not discuss reproduction with their children; they wish to leave that up to their doctors. Then when it comes time for that part of their lives they feel too embarrassed to ask. But to get back to your question, I’ll need you to lie down on the table here to make it easier to explain.” Daniel did as she requested, not sure just what to expect.

After Dr. Israel uncovered Daniel abdomen she preceded with the explanation, ”Here in your lower abdomen you have an inner pouch and an outer pouch. During the first four months the child is growing and developing in the inner pouch. Then during the last month the child will move into the outer pouch. Now during the last week the child will move down to the bottom of the outer pouch in preparation for its birth. When labor starts, the flap on the bottom of the outer pouch will begin to separate from the abdomen. When approximately eight centimeters has opened it will be sufficient for the child to pass through.”

She helped Daniel to sit up then, continued, “When you first feel the pains of child birth I want you to get to the hospital right away. With this being your first child we don’t know if there should be any complications, therefore I do not wish to take any chances. You will only be in the hospital for two days, if there aren’t any problems. After that when you arrive home I want you to take it easy for a few more days. Then you may start resuming your normal daily activities. Are there any more questions?”

“Are there any special diet that he will need to be on? Or any restrictions he needs to follow?” It was Sam’s turn to ask questions that worried her.

“At this stage of his pregnancy I will need to exam him first, to better answer your questions, but normally, just no heavy lifting, or straining, not getting carried away with the sweets, lots of milk and juices and lots of rest. Now if that all the questions you have for now, I would like to exam Daniel to make sure he’s progressing well enough for this stage of his pregnancy.”

Sam waited out in the reception area until they were finished. Then Dr. Israel had her rejoin them. When Sam had rejoined them, the doctor began explaining her finding.

“Well at this time, Daniel is in good shape. A little anemic, so I’ll want to keep an eye on that, but his weight gain is good. Don’t let him get too much sun. Pregnant males think that just because they feel exceptionally good, because of the hormones raging in their bodies, they forget to watch the amount of sun they get. Our two suns can really wreak havoc with them during this delicate time in their lives. Above all remember to be extra kind to your male, the hormones are raging during their pregnancies and it makes for an emotional mate. Little things are blown out of proportion. Well if that if all of the questions you have for me now I’ll say goodbye and remember I’ll be seeing you Daniel in two weeks.”

After they left the doctors office, Daniel let out a sigh of relief; “Well I’m glad to know that babies here are not born the way I was having a nightmare about!”

Sam just about keeled over laughing and said, “Me too, I had several scenarios running through my mind.”

* * * * * * * *

After they left, Dr. Israel contacted the queen’s advisor to inform her of Daniel good condition at this stage of his pregnancy.

The queen turned to her advisor. “Excellent, just excellent. So it would be a good bet to visit the Eastern territory to have a look around to check out their children and males. If all of them are as good as this one, we just might want to think about capturing a few of them to insure our future and to stop any idea they may have about taking over our territory.”

* * * * * * * *

“Daniel, I have some good news, I think I ----“ Sam stopped as she looked about and didn’t see him. Puzzled she looked in the kitchen, then the bathroom. Where could he be, she thought, and then opened the door to the bedroom? There was Daniel, sleeping soundly. Sam slowly closed the door. Poor guy, he must really be tired to be sleeping this early in the day.

The sound of dishes clanging woke Daniel. He turned over and looked at his wristwatch. “Oh my god is it that late? Sam will be home anytime and I haven’t even started anything for dinner yet!” Daniel yawned and stretched as he sat on the edge of the bed while he got his bearing.

Daniel yawned again as he entered the kitchen but was instantly awake when he was startled to see Sam standing in front of the stove stirring a pot.

“Sam, you’re home already. I didn’t hear you come in.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to wake you. Are you feeling OKAY, Daniel? You don’t normally fall asleep this early.”

“I’m fine. I was just feeling a little tired so I thought I would take a short nap, then fix dinner, but I guess It ended up being an extra long nap. I’m sorry I didn’t have anything ready for you to eat.” He yawned again as he sat down at the dinner table.

“It’s fine, I still remember how to cook. Dinner is almost ready, so just help me set the table and we can eat. That is if you can stay awake long enough.”

“Hardy, har har. I’m awake now. What did you make for dinner?”

“Eat it and find out.”

A while later, Daniel was standing on the balcony off of the kitchen, looking up at the stars. Sam walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, placing her chin on his left shoulder.

“What are you thinking, my love?”

Daniel placed his hands on hers that still were clamped around him, taking a deep breath he said, “Sam, I need to ask you something. It’s very important that you answer me truthfully. Promise me you will only tell me the truth, promise?”

“Of course Daniel, you can ask me anything and I’ll be honest with you.” She was getting puzzled as to what could be on his mind.

“Sam, before this mission, now be honest with me, did you ever think of me in the romantic way at all. Feel free to be blunt if you have too, but not too blunt. Oh the hell with it just tell me honestly, did you ever have feelings for me, before they forced that damn elixir on us?”

Now that the words were out, he wished that he hadn’t said them. He honestly didn’t want to know how she felt. He only knew that he was deeply in love with her, elixir or not and he knew, deep in his heart that would never change, no matter how she felt. He would love her until the end of time.

Sam released her arms from around his waist and walked around to face him face to face. She took his chin in her hand and raised his face until he was looking her in the eyes.

“I was immediately mesmerized by you the very first time that I saw you at the debriefing when Jack brought you back from Abydos. My love for you grew with each passing day. But I always felt that my love could never be returned, because of you still being married to Sha’uri. Then when she unfortunately died, I knew that you were still grieving for her and that it was impossible for you to have any feeling for me. Don’t get me wrong, I silently prayed that you secretly held some little romantic feelings for me, but I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I don’t think that I could have stood it if I ever found out that you didn’t have even one little single romantic feeling for me. Don’t think me harsh, but I am extremely joyous that I am standing here next to you, with you carrying our baby. What else can I do to convince you that I am telling you the truth, ---sing to you or what?” She was beginning to feel exasperated at him. Just how many times does he want her to tell him that she is totally in love with him, elixir or no elixir?

“Huhm, singing wouldn’t be a bad idea. Yea, sing to me and I’ll be convinced for now!”

“Sing! Daniel, I can’t carry a tune. Please don’t make me sing!” She had to open her mouth. Why did she have to say she would sing?

“You said you would sing to me just how much you loved me, now you want to back down. I guess you really don’t love me after all. Oh poor old knocked up me. All you women are just alike. All you want is to take us men to bed and have your way with us and as soon as we get pregnant, it’s all over now Charlie. It’s your problem. Adios, don’t let the door slam you in the butt on your way out. Don’t know you any longer, it not my problem.” He did his best to give his most hurt look, but she wasn’t buying it.

“Alright I’ll sing, but it won’t be pretty, you know I can’t carry a tune and it’s your fault if your ears start to hurt before it’s over.” She thought a minute to try to come up with slightly decent lyrics.

“Well my glutton for punishment here I go.” Then she began to softly sing, “Before you came into my life, I had never really lived my life. But now because I love you so, I will never let you go. Please believe me that I do love you so.”

Daniel smile and then he began to softly sing, “ But now because I love you so””

Sam joined him in singing, “I will never let you go. Please believe me that I do love you so!” They laughed and hugged each other.

“I take it that you finally believe me when I say that I love you, regardless of that damn elixir.”

“Yes, I finally do believe that you really do love me regardless of anything, Sam.” All Daniel could do was hug her and smile.

“Well now that I proved to you how much I love you and you now honestly believe me, how about we have a little personal fun in the nice- big-comfy-bed of ours?” She gave a playful little smile.

“I’m game for that.” He replied and they both made a mad dash for the bedroom.
Chapter 5 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER FIVE

STUMBLING BLOCKS

“But your Highness how will we get into the city, what excuse would we have to visit there?”

“Your right, it would have to be a good reason, or they might suspect something.” She paced back and forth several times before coming to a sudden stop and snapping her fingers she exclaimed, “I have it, and we will make it a trade caravan. Surely we would have something to trade.”

“How about some of our tapestries? We do have some rather nice looking ones, like the ones in the council chambers.”

“Yes, and just to make sure we do come away with some of their males we shall take with us the head of that vile Northern warrior that we captured, to show them that we mean business.”

“What if Samantha and her mate try to go with the caravan, you know that they have been asking all kinds of questions and she’s been trying to sneak away from the hunting parties.”

“Yes, but we will let them go with the caravan as a show of good faith to the high council of the Eastern territory. They won’t know until it’s too late that it’s in reality a raiding party.”

“But your highness, what about the male? He could get hurt or god forbid lose the unborn child. It’s too risky for him!”

“We shall give special instructions to the warriors that he is to be protected at all cost. He is to be rushed out of the city as quickly and safely as can be arranged when the fighting starts. Elona, make all the arrangements as quickly as you can, the caravan will leave in two weeks. It’s about one week out to the Eastern city and one week back if not too many problems, that will leave about two months until the child is born, wouldn’t you say doctor?”

“Yes, unless the excitement causes early labor, than anything is possible.”

“Then doctor, I suggest that you don’t let anything happen to our precious cargo. It might be wise for you to arrange to go along with the caravan, just for safety sake, don’t you agree?”

“As you wish, Your Highness!”

* * * * * * * *

As Sam entered their apartment she had to stop and watch as Daniel was turning this way and that way trying to reach a bowl on the second shelf in the kitchen. The problem was his enlarged tummy was always in the way making it difficult for him to stretch beyond a certain point. It was the funniest site she had seen since Daniel had become pregnant. She walked into the living room and placed the package she was carrying down in the chair nearest to her.

“Daniel did you remember your check up with the doctor this morning?”

Startled at hearing the sound of her voice, Daniel jumped and turned towards the living room door. “Jesus Sam, I didn’t hear you come in.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. Are you supposed to be stretching like that? And did you remember your doctors appointment this morning?”

“Yes, and she said that we are doing just fine. She wants to see me in another two weeks. Did you know that the pregnancies here only last for five months? Just when I start getting used to the idea of being pregnant, I have to start preparing for the delivery. That doesn’t give me much time to get used to all the changes either. Things are going way to fast for me.

Oh, before I forget you just have to look at the baby clothes I got at the market, aren’t they just adorable?” Daniel was all excited as he showed Sam the baby clothes he had just purchased. He seemed to be glowing more with each passing day, as his pregnancy progressed.

“Yes Daniel they are but did you find out anything about the prisoners?” Sam asked impatiently. It seemed that all Daniel wanted to talk about lately was the baby. She didn’t mean to get short tempered with him, but it was all she could do to stay focused on their main agenda”getting back to SG-1 headquarters, safe and sound with the new hubby and baby in tow. She didn’t know how she was going to live down the reputation of impregnating a guy, especially with the guy being Daniel. Don’t get me wrong; there is nothing wrong with Daniel. He’s cute, very intelligent, and nearly all the ladies at SG-1 headquarters are in love with him. Its just there is an unwritten rule you don’t make a pass at your teammate, it could make working with them a little difficult. And just what was General Hammond going to say about all of this? How was she going to explain getting Daniel pregnant?

“Oh, um it’s not Teal’C or Jack.” Daniel said as he began stuffing his face with another vegetable roll. He had become rather fond of this delicacy since he became pregnant. He also discovered that he couldn’t stop eating. He was always feeling hungry.

“They already put her to death.” He continued after licking his fingers. “Apparently it was a female prisoner that was captured the day before we were. She was killed just after we were brought into the city. It wasn’t made public until later to keep the citizens and their mates from being frightened. Apparently this is the peak season for pregnancies; they worried that the scare might cause some miscarriages. So they kept the execution quiet.”

“ Do I look like I’m getting fat to you?” He asked as he turned this way and that way in front of Sam as she sat on the couch. He placed his hands on top of his round belly and sighed as he tugged at his clothes. “My clothes don’t fit as well as they used to either. Oh Sam I also need more credits to buy a baby bed. They had the cutest little wooden bed you have ever seen”.” “MORE CREDIT! Daniel credits don’t grow on trees. Do you know what I have to do to earn those credit that you spend so wildly lately?”

“All you do lately is yell at me, and yes I know you have to go on hunts with all the rest of the ladies. But all I have to do is to sit here staring at these walls eating or go out into the market and talk to the unintelligent, boorish males. The only true friend I have is Altecor. All he and the rest of the males want to talk about is how fat they are getting with their child or how active their unborn child is compared to someone else’s, and who just became pregnant. I’m bored out of my teeth Sam. What else is there for me to do? I’m getting sooo-- fat. Only two of my tunics halfway fit anymore. We hardly ever have sex anymore because I’m getting hideously fat, fat, fat. ”

“I sorry Daniel. It’s not because you’re fat, it’s because you’re so far along, I don’t want to take any chances with you or the baby.” She noticed the tears swelling in Daniel’s eyes. She walked over and stood behind him and wrapped her arms around his swollen belly. Then she laid her head against his and held him. She realized that life here was no picnic for either of them, especially for poor Daniel. “Have I told you lately, how proud I am that you’re having our baby, and that you do look marvelous. And that I love that glowing look you have about you. It’s just that I’m scared of the prospect of our child being born here, and of not being able to have sex for a while with the sexiest man around. I was going to give you this after dinner but I think I should give this to you now.” She handed him a package that she had been concealing, containing three new maternity tunics.

She then remembered something that she overheard in the council chamber and thought that it might cheer him up. “Look, I know this is a long shot but there is talk about a trade caravan leaving here in a few days. Some of the ladies get to go with it to protect it from marauders. They might be able to take their mates with them. I’ll see if we can go.

You know I’ve been trying to locate the trail that we came in on. So far they have been staying in two sectors. I’ll keep trying, but in the mean time I would like you to keep checking with your sources about finding out any useful information that we might be able to use in getting out of this fortress just in case. If we are allowed to be on the caravan we might be able to slip away and get to the trail. We will have to be careful, since you are getting bigger and I doubt that you can still run as fast as you use to.”

“I’m not that fat yet. I still have a little more than eight weeks left before the baby arrives.” He opened the package and removed the tunics. Looking at them one by one his mouth opened with awe. “There gorgeous, Sam thank you, the colors are perfect.” His eyes filled with tears again.

“The caravan will take about one week to get to the Eastern territory, spend a few days trading and then a week back. I figure that if I don’t find the trail before the caravan leaves, that on the way to the Eastern territory I can search, then on the way back we can make our escape. If we are unsuccessful and forced to return here, that will leave roughly only four weeks after we return until the time of your delivery. I seriously doubt that you will be in any shape to run like hell and dodge shots being fired at you. We may have to wait until after the baby is born to try a second time.” “Sam I want our child to be born free, on our world, even though it was conceived here. Let’s take the chance. I’m willing.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to take any more chances than we have to.”

“Good then it’s settled. We start making the arrangements tomorrow.” Daniel could be a bull when he made his mind up and this was one time he was going to take a stand. He couldn’t bear living here any longer.

* * * * * * * *

Daniel walked in between the stalls of fruits and vegetables, picking up one and occasionally smelling them. Putting some in his basket he paid the vendor and started to walk towards the stalls selling the baby furniture and clothing.

“Hey Daniel, how are you feeling?” It was his old friend Altecor, whom he hadn’t seen recently. He was looking unusually thinner and happier.

“You had your baby? When? Why didn’t you tell me? What did you have?” Daniel couldn’t control all the questions pouring out all at once.

“Slow down and I’ll tell you everything. I had the baby a week ago. It was another girl. That makes three so far. Angelica is so please. It means another warrior for the city. When she is happy, her treatment of me is so much better. Praise is to the gods for answering my prayers for another girl. And how much longer for you my friend?”

“Not much longer, just a little over six more weeks. Don’t think I’ll ever get used to the feeling of the baby moving around inside like that.” Daniel placed both hands on top of his round belly and gave it a little maternal pat.

“Don’t worry, you will. Say, I overheard your mistress talking about wanting to go on the caravan and taking you with her. With you being this close to delivery, there is no way they will let you go. It’s for your own safety as well as the baby. They don’t want to be responsible should something happen.” Altecor affectionately placed his hands on Daniels’ shoulders.

“We’ll see about that.” Daniel was furious at the thought they might spoil his and Sam’s plan to escape. Come hell or high water they were going to get out of here, if it was the last thing either of them did. He turned and almost ran back to the living quarter’s section of the city. He had to talk to Sam to find out if Altecor knew what he was talking about. It just couldn’t be true. No one, but no one was going to spoil this plan. He found Sam coming out of the council chambers accompanied by Angelica.

Sam was surprised to see Daniel in such an upset state. Her mind went wild with all the possibilities of what could be wrong. She quickly ran to him and pulled him aside. Before she could ask him what was wrong, Daniel in-between gasps for air managed to ask, “Is it true Sam are they going to stop us from going on the caravan. Please tell me it’s not true. I couldn’t take it if it’s true.”

“Slow down Daniel, you’re going to hyperventilate. Your not doing yourself or the baby any good by getting yourself all worked up. Now just calm yourself and tell me what this is all about.”

“Is it true they won’t permit me to go on the caravan with you and the others? Please Sam be honest with me is it true?”

“It was difficult but I promised that I and I alone will be responsible should anything happen to you or the baby while on the trip. We leave day after tomorrow. So get plenty of rest and I’ll do the packing for the both of us, okay? Now calm down or I’ll change my mind about this trip. I’m not kidding around about this Daniel. I really do mean it.”

That was the happiest news Daniel could ever remember receiving. Their chance to get to freedom was finally arriving. Sam had arranged for a horse for Daniel to ride to make it easier for him. God she hoped that she wasn’t making a mistake with his or their baby’s life but it was all that she could come up with at this point. It was now or never she reckoned. With Daniel’s bull headedness he probably would have sneaked in with the caravan, if she had said no they couldn’t get permission to go.

With a smile on his face and the thought of freedom close at hand on his mind, Daniel returned to finish his shopping. Daniel put his purchases away and walked into the kitchen to start dinner. Just as he reached for the dinner plates, he was overcome with a sudden heavy spasm of pain.

“No, not now, not when we are almost home. Please God don’t let anything be wrong. Please!” Daniel begged. Then a more powerful wave hit and he slumped to the floor unconscious.

* * * * * * * *

Colors swirled in psychedelic patterns all around him. He thought he heard voices, but they were muffled or were they? He couldn’t be sure of anything except that the pain was finally gone. Good, he could pretend that it never happened and finish making the necessary preparations for their trip. He tried to get up, but couldn’t. He didn’t remember being this weak before. Then blessed blackness blanketed him.

Doctor Israel came into the waiting room to talk to Sam. The look on her face was grim. Sam wasn’t sure she wanted to know what she had to say, but she squared her shoulders and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“How is he doing? Are they going to be OKAY? I didn’t know what to do. He was just lying there and there was so much blood. Oh God, he has to be alright.” She couldn’t help but to burst out in tears again. If she ever needs Jack’s help it was now. He would know what to do; he always somehow knew what to do.

“Samantha, we are doing everything we can. But first you must be brave.” The doctor indicated a chair for Sam to sit in. “At the moment we have stopped the bleeding. Daniel is weak, but everything is as well as it can be at this time. His recovery will be slow, but he will recover in due time. I have him heavily medicated to help him rest. If he is to successfully complete his pregnancy, it will require him to stay here, under our direct supervision with complete bed rest. With your permission of course.”

“By all means, yes. Anything they need. Please, I’m willing to do anything to help them be Okay. But please tell me what happened. Why, what did we do wrong? Everything seemed to be going just fine. Even his checkups went well. What happened? I just don’t understand.” Sam was on the verge of tears again.

“I’m afraid it was a combination of things. Over exertion, not eating right. His pouch wasn’t quite strong enough for this phase of the pregnancy, due to his anemia. If he could have just lasted one more day, I would have caught it in his BI-weekly checkup and immediately put him in the hospital under complete bed rest. Then we could have avoided all this. I’m going to do the very best I can to make sure they both survive. I promise you.” With those final words she put her arm around Sam to comfort her. “Now dry your tears. You can see Daniel now. He’s sleeping, but you can sit with him for a while. He’s pretty well drugged to keep him and the baby calm and well rested. They have a long road ahead of them.” She led Sam down a corridor and into Daniel’s room.

* * * * * * * *

“My Queen, I’m sorry to have disturbed you so late, but I have important news regarding the male, called Daniel.”

“What is it Doctor, what happened?”

“What we feared the most, your highness, he almost lost the baby. His pouch just isn’t quite strong enough to carry the child completely through the pregnancy.”

“Is it a genetic defect? Is there something in the food that doesn’t agree with him? Or what?”

“I feel that it was the strength of the dosage of the elixir that I made: the one to change their reproductive organs around. I don’t think the male’s organs were given enough time to strengthen up before he became pregnant. It was a close call, but I believe we were able to stop the miscarriage for now.”

“Thank you for notifying me. Keep me posted at every possible moment.”

* * * * * * * *

“Oh, god he looks so pale and helpless.” She thought as she held his hand and sat in the chair next to his bed. How long she sat there with his hand in hers she didn’t know.

“I’m sorry to have to wake you, but I need to change the bandages on his pouch.” Sam raised her head and looked up at the young nurse.

“I must have fallen asleep, what time is it?” Sam eyes were ringed with dark circles. Her creamy complexion was now blotchy and streaked with tears.

“It’s morning. You fell asleep soon after you came into the room last night, but the doctor said not to wake you, as you needed your sleep as much as your mate does.”

Sam felt Daniel weakly squeeze her hand. She must have had a look of surprise on her face for the nurse asked her what was wrong.

“He squeezed my hand, he squeezed my hand. Did you see that? He actually squeezed my hand as we talked!”

“Are you sure?” The young nurse asked doubtfully.

“Yes, I’m positive.” She turned to the figure in the bed, “Daniel can you hear me? Daniel if you can hear me squeeze my hand again!” He squeezed her hand again. This time the nurse also witnessed it.

“I’ll get the doctor!” she said as she almost ran from the room.

“Hey Daniel, can you open your eyes? Can you still hear me?” Sam lovingly stroked the fallen hair away from his eyes as they slowly fluttered open.

He blinked a couple of times as his eyes focused on Sam’s smiling face. “Sam is that you?” his voice was weak and cracked, but it was a godsend to Sam’s ears.

“Yes, darling it really is me.” Tears of joy streamed down her face.

“Our baby, where’s our baby?” He tried to raise a hand to his enlarged belly but didn’t quite have the strength.

“The baby is doing just fine. The doctors say that you and our baby will be all right.

You two will have to stay in the hospital until your delivery date and you get your strength back.”

“The baby is still alive. It’s still OKAY? I didn’t lose our baby?” He tried to rise up enough to look at his belly but the doctor stopped him.

“Now hold on a minute here. Your baby is still very much alive and still in your pouch. But it won’t be, if you keep moving around and getting agitated like this. Now if you don’t settle down, I’ll forbid your mate from visiting you until after the delivery.”

“I’ll behave from now on, just don’t let me lose this baby, please.” Daniel pleaded with fresh tears forming in his eyes.

“I won’t, now everyone must scoot while I change your bandages and you get some rest.”

“I’ll come by later to see you, I love you.” She leaned over and kissed his lips and left.

The doctor glanced up at her and said, “Make that much later as he needs all the rest he can get.”

* * * * * * * *

“Well sleepy head, I see you are finally awake. I was beginning to think that you were avoiding me.” Sam joked as she walked into Daniel’s room. He was sitting up and eating lunch.

“Sam, hi. What-what do you mean trying to avoid you?” He asked as she leaned over to give him a kiss, and sat down.

“I’m joking Daniel, I just mean that every time I’ve come to visit you, in the last three days you’ve been asleep. It’s just good to see you finally awake.”

“It’s been three days? I can’t believe it’s really been that long! ” He had a look of disbelief on his face.

“You needed your rest, Daniel, that’s why I didn’t disturb you. But look, I left you flowers and cards with notes. See Altecor even left you a couple of cards and he gave me this baby blanket that he made himself for the baby when it gets here.” She unfolded this intricately crocheted blanket of lavender and cream for Daniel to inspect.

“We missed the caravan, didn’t we? All because of me, didn’t we?” Daniel lowered his head and found some interesting fuzz on his blanket to pick at.

“Yes, we missed the caravan, but there will be others. No it wasn’t because of you. It just wasn’t meant to be.” She tried to be as reassuring as she could force herself to be. “As soon as you are well enough, we will be on that next caravan and get off of this planet. Until then, do everything the doctors tell you to speed up your recovery. I’ll take care of the rest. Deal?”

“Deal. Now have you come up with any suggestions for names for our soon to be child?”

“As a matter of fact, I’ve been thinking of several.”
Chapter 6 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER SIX

AH”THE JOYS OF PARENTHOOD

“Colonel, Sir, are you sure they are still on this planet? We haven’t seen any indication of any sort of trail anywhere.” The young lieutenant removed his field helmet from his head and wiped the sweat from his brow with the inside of his elbow. They had been searching all morning and afternoon. The sun would be going down soon and still no progress had been made in locating them. The two units of marines began to gather around to await further instructions.

“Yes, I am sure they are still on this planet. Exactly where, I don’t know, but they are here someplace and we are going to find them. I realize it will be dark soon, so we’ll break for camp and start again at dawn. Everybody hear that?”

“Yes sir.” They replied in unison and followed Colonel O’Neill back to the DHD to make camp.

* * * * * * * *

“Colonel O’Neill, may I speak frankly with you?” Teal’C stood next to Jack who sat next to a campfire drinking a cup of coffee.

“Yeah, sure, I know what you are going to say, but go ahead anyway and say it.”

“ It stands to reason the longer we go without finding them, the greater the chance they are no longer on this planet.” The light from the flames of the campfire danced on the Jaffa symbol on Teal’C’s forehead.

“I know, but I just have this gut feeling they are still here, and close by, but for some reason, we just can’t find them. But we will find them. Tomorrow. We will find them tomorrow.” Jack didn’t look as confident as his words sounded, but he didn’t care. His friends were out there somewhere, god only knows what’s happening to them, but they are out there and he will find them.

* * * * * * * *

“Push Daniel, we are almost there. Come on just one more push.” Sam couldn’t believe it when she got the call. Daniel was in labor and needed her. He was a week and a half early. When she arrived at his room, there hadn’t been time to move him to a labor room. It was happening to quickly. His external pouch had separated again and this time the baby wouldn’t wait.

They told her to help Daniel push, as he was quickly tiring. He needed her strength if he was to make it through this.

“I can’t, I don’t have the strength.” The exhaustion was showing in his voice.

“Yes, you can and you will. You are not going to let our baby die, do you hear me, now push, damn it push.”

“Alright, you don’t have to be a bitch about it.” And he did push and then collapsed. He smiled as the doctor told them they have a son, with good strong lungs. Then slept the sleep of one bone weary, with exhaustion.

Sometime later somewhere in the back of his mind, he swore he heard what he thought was a baby whimpering. But it couldn’t be, his wasn’t born yet. Could it be his roommates’ baby maybe? Yea, that’s it. It had to be. But wait a minute it’s getting louder as if it’s right next to him.

“Daniel, you have a visitor that wants to say hello. You want to open your eyes and see who it is?”

That sounded like Sam’s voice. But I’m still dreaming he thought; maybe, maybe not. Maybe I better open my eyes and find out. He slowly opened his eyes and found that he was lying on his right side. Next to him was a bundle of baby blankets and inside was the most adorable but smallest baby that he ever remembered seeing. The baby turned to him and smiled. Daniel looked up at Sam and asked whose baby it was. He was shocked when she replied, “It’s our baby that you gave birth to a couple of hours ago. Don’t you remember?”

“Our baby?” he questioned and felt his abdomen, which now was considerably flatter.

“I thought I dreamt the whole thing. My god I really did it. I made it through delivery. Man am I ever glad that’s over with!” Almost as an after thought he asked her “Our baby, what is it, boy or girl? ”

“Our baby is a he, William George Jack Teal’C Fraiser Jackson. Just like we wanted. To honor our friends, now he’s a little small, but Doctor Israel assures me that he’s alright.”

* * * * * * * *

“Your Highness, I have important news for you concerning Daniel.” Dr. Israel, tried to conceal the frightened tone from her voice. Fright, because she was unsure as to how the Queen would take the startling news.

“Yes doctor, what’s going on? Are there any problems?” Queen Le’Ana was frightened now all her plans would have to be put on hold, after all her hard work to get this far.

“ I regret to inform you that we were unsuccessful in stopping Daniel’s early labor.”

“Did Daniel or the child die?” Queen Le’Ana was frightened. Frightened that her plans were all in vain. This did not settle well with her at all.

“No my Queen. Daniel gave birth early this morning to his son. Both are doing well despite the early arrival. They will need to be kept here for at least two weeks to regain their strength and to insure there are no further complications. But, I feel all will be well with them.” Doctor Israel reassured her.

“Tell me doctor, when is the earliest he can impregnate him again?” Queen Le’Ana was pacing back and forth impatiently plotting and re-plotting her strategies.

“Your highness, you can’t seriously be considering jeopardizing his life like this so soon? It was a miracle he survived this time. We don’t know about the next.”

The doctor was appalled at what the Queen was suggesting. “It will take several months just for his pouch to heal and strengthen sufficiently to even carry another child. If we rush it he could hemorrhage to death. Not to mention lose the child in the process.”

“Nonsense, doctor, I have the greatest confidence in your capabilities. Please keep me posted on their progress.” She continued her pacing and to no one in particular she added, “So, even though the child was early, it still was strong enough to survive. Good, good, they do have stronger breeding males. We will just have to go ahead with our plans to acquire a few of them. Before long our stock will be well supplied again. And we will have the strongest territory on this planet once again.”

* * * * * * * *

“Well its good to see the two of you getting more acquainted.” Sam was leaning against the door jam of Daniel’s room watching him hold their baby. A smile was spread across her face as she watched the two of them bonding.

A nurse entered the room to check on their progress. Little William began to cry. Daniel did his best to calm him but he only persisted.

“I do believe your William is letting you know he’s hungry.” The nurse said to Daniel.

“Oh, OKAY, where’s the bottle?” Daniel asked her.

“We don’t allow bottle feeding unless breastfeeding proves unsuccessful. It’s better for the child.” The young nurse set the small tray down on the nightstand on Daniel’s right.

“Well Sam, here you go, let’s try it.” Daniel handed little William to her after she had moved closer to the bed.

“Daniel, I don’t have any milk. I would know if I suddenly had any milk, but I know positively that I definitely don’t have any milk.”

“What do you mean you don’t have any milk? You’re his mother and all mothers have milk for their kids.”

“Excuse me,” the nurse tried to interject.

“Like I said I should know if I have any milk and I can positively tell you that I don’t have any milk.” Sam didn’t know how to explain it any more plainly to Daniel.

The both stopped arguing when the nurse put up her hands and said, “Hold it everyone, I can solve this with a simple explanation.” The nurse then proceeded to open Daniel’s pajama top and shaved the excess hair off from around his nipples. She then took little William and placed him at his breast.

Daniel could only say, “No, no, no, no. You can’t be serious. This is a big joke right. Really where is the baby’s bottle?”

Sam was laughing her head off. It was the funniest sight she had every seen.

Little William just nursed contently, while holding one tiny hand over his father’s heart.

“This is the most adorable picture I have ever seen.”

“Just shut up Sam. How much more indignity can a guy endure? Cause I can tell you, that I am just about at my limit.”

“I think you have at least one more coming, because I think I can smell a desperate need of a diaper change from our little man.”

Daniel could only roll his eyes toward the ceiling as a smile came from little William and he closed his little eyes in a contented slumber.

“I think I’ll just leave the two of you alone to practice your diaper changing. I’ll be back later.” Sam handed Daniel a fresh diaper and giggled as she left the room.

* * * * * * * *

True to her word, Sam returned later that evening. She watched as Daniel tried to get William to burp, to no avail. He just wanted to yawn and stretch.

“Maybe he doesn’t need to burp, yet.”

“What do you know? The nurses said he should burp after every feeding. But all he does is yawn, stretch and occasionally pass gas and falls asleep.” Daniel looked frustrated just like Sam’s sister-in-law did after each of her children were born.

“I know because, I occasionally babysat for my brother. Not all babies need burping after every feeding. Don’t stress about it. Above all know that I will be with you every step of the way to help with our son. Taking care of an infant is very taxing. Remember, it’s the first for you, first for me, but together we can do it.”

“I love you Sam.” With his free arm, he hugged her. William let out a little squeal to let them know he was being squeezed in-between them.

“I love you too. I especially can’t wait to get you home again and make mad passionate love to you again.”

“As long as you don’t get me pregnant again anytime soon. I just couldn’t handle it.”

Daniel raised William up to his shoulder to try to burp him again. True to baby nature form, William let out a burp throwing up all over Daniel’s shoulder. Daniel then turned to Sam and handed over William to her and quietly replied. “I think I’ll go shower now.” Sam laughed so hard she nearly dropped their son.

* * * * * * * *

Later that night, Daniel lay in bed unable to sleep. The nurses had taken William to the nursery for the night.

“This is ridiculous, I should be sound asleep, getting my rest before they bring William to me in the morning, but I can’t sleep.” Daniel muttered to himself. Finally he climbed out of bed and walked over to the window and peered out. His room was on the sixth floor and out of the corner of his eye he spotted a door opening on the first floor. A cart with some type of bundles in it was exiting out to the courtyard. The peddler then pushed the cart over to the wall and pushed on one of the stone about a foot above his head.

“What the hell” Daniel whispered to himself as he watched the secret door open in the wall. The peddler then proceeded to exit out and push his cart into the forest.

“I don’t believe it, just how many people know about this secret passage?”

With that thought, Daniel grabbed his robe and walked out of his room and down the hallway. He was determined to figure out just which doorway let out to the courtyard and to the secret passage. He had to know just what was in that cart going into the forest in the middle of the night.

He made it down to the fourth floor when a nurse and one of Le’Ana guards stop him.

“What are you doing down here? You don’t belong on this floor. Don’t you belong on the maternity floor? I don’t think your doctor would want you out of bed like this, especially this late at night.” The guard had come out of nowhere blocking his path.

“I got lost looking for the nursery. I just wanted to check on my baby before I went to sleep. I just wanted to make sure he was okay.” Daniel hoped she believed his cover story; otherwise he didn’t want to think of the consequences.

“You will come with me back to the maternity floor now. I’ll just make sure you don’t get lost anymore.” The guard must have never learned to smile, because Daniel thought that she must enjoy being a hard-ass.

“Damn, I’ll not let this stop me. I’m going to figure this out no matter how long it takes.” Daniel thought as they walked back down the same corridor he had just been down.

* * * * * * * *

Sam enjoyed her visits to the hospital to see Daniel and William. There were always something funny happening between the two of them. On this visit she was surprised to see Daniel gathering his and the baby’s things. “What’s going on, planning an escape?”

“Sam, I’m glad you’re here. The doctor just left and said we can go home. We still have to take it easy for a while, but we get to go home. Isn’t that wonderful!”

“Yes it is. You get back into bed and I’ll find the doctor and get any final instructions and when I get back, I’ll do the packing. Stay put, don’t even think about moving from that bed.”

Daniel reluctantly did as he was told. He picked up the baby and held him in front of him and looked straight into his little face and said, “Well William if I didn’t know any better I would think that mommy is having a pms day. Unfortunately you are going to learn all about that as you grow up. Yes you will my little Willie boy. Don’t say daddy never warned you, either.” William just stared up at his dad and calmly passed gas.

“That’s my boy, regular as a clock.”

Sam returned a few minutes later with Doctor Israel. “I’ve received all the last minute instruction, so while you change your clothes, I’ll pack for you and we can be on our way.”

“Just remember what I said. Be sure to take it easy for a couple more days. Put your feet up when you are sitting down and if any sudden pain or unusual bleeding occurs get here as soon as possible. Now you’re free to go.” Dr. Israel smiled as she turned to leave the room and left them to their packing.

* * * * * * * *

William lay peacefully sleeping in his new crib. Sam slowly closed the bedroom door and turned to Daniel; she placed her hands on her hips and cleared her throat. “Aren’t you supposed to have your feet up like the doctor told you to do?”

“Alright already, I was just getting comfortable.” He raised his feet onto the ottoman in front of his chair. “Boy it sure is good to be home again.” “Home, but not truly our home or have you forgotten?”

“No, I haven’t forgotten, I just mean”.

“I know what you mean Daniel. It just gets to me that after all this time; I should have been able to get us out of here and back to our real home. Sleeping in our own beds, eating our own food. Wearing our own clothes. I’m sorry. It’s your first night back home and here I am depressing everyone.”

“Well I just might be able to cheer you up. I think I found us a way out of here.”

At this news Sam’s curiosity was highly peaked. Daniel continued, “When I was stuck in that hospital room for the last three weeks, I was totally bored out of my skull. No, the first week doesn’t really count because that was before William was born”.”

“Daniel, just get on with it please before you drive me crazy!”

“Well anyway, as I said I would get bored being stuck in bed all the time. I noticed at night there were fewer nurses and doctors running around. I would take little walks up and down the corridors, doing a little secret reconnaissance. A few times that I was caught, I told them I got lost looking for the nursery to check on my baby. I think they bought it. I did get lucky on the second to the last walk. I found a doorway that leads to the outside of the city. The mortician uses it to takes the bodies out of the city.

Don’t you see it’s a sign; we finally can get out of here! We’ll just pack what we can carry. And the three of us will just sneak out the door and out to the woods and out to the trail and back to the startgate before we’re noticed.”

“There’s one little problem with your plan Daniel, we still don’t know where the trail is. There is a mountain region that looks familiar, but I haven’t been as fortunate as you to be able to explore it. And just when do you expect us to be able to sneak down these corridors without being seen?” Sam asked as she quirked an eyebrow at Daniel.

“That would present a problem. Wouldn’t it. Give me a little time and I’ll have it figured out.”

* * * * * * * *

“Doctor, I understand that you have released Daniel from the hospital yesterday, is that true?” Queen Le’Ana glanced at her view screen, looking for any signs of deception from the doctor.

“Yes your Highness it is. I was going to inform you about it earlier this morning. It’s just I have been busy with deliveries and check-ups and the time just flew by.”

“I see. Well then, when do you plan on helping him be impregnated?”

“I want to talk to you about that. I still believe it’s too early. I don’t want to put any undo stress on his pouch. It could tear it apart.”

“Nonsense doctor wasn’t just a little over a year ago that one of your patients had a difficult pregnancy like Daniel’s and then turned around and became pregnant again only a month after giving birth, with the second pregnancy being completely normal. Is that not so doctor?”

“Yes it is, but every case is different. Daniel had more uncontrollable hemorrhaging than the other case.”

“Doctor you will do as I order, or you will be severely punished. I want it done no later than tomorrow night. The next time I hear from you, you had better be telling me it is accomplished.”

“Yes your highness. I completely understand, as long as you understand, that I will not be held responsible should anything happen to him.”

“ Don’t you threaten me doctor. Don’t you dare threaten me!” She was so enraged that the veins on her temples were threatening to burst.

The next evening, the doctor paid an unscheduled visit to Sam and Daniel. She gave Daniel a hypospray. She claimed his last test showed he was just slightly anemic; therefore she was giving the hypospray as a precautionary measure. Then she called the Queen to report her activities.

The doctor incensed at what the Queen was plotting decided that she would devise a plan of her own. She would inform the Eastern Territory of the Queen’s plot. She needed a way to contact the Eastern Queen, but how. If she used the telecommunicator, her transmission would be discovered and she would be put to death.

Then it came to her; she would send her concubine out into the area occasionally known to have been infiltrated by one or two Eastern Warriors. He could make contact and if caught by one of our own guards, he could say he got lost looking for a rare plant needed for a special medicine she was in dire need of.
Chapter 7 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER SEVEN

A RAY OF HOPE

Sam checked in on the still sleeping Daniel and William one last time. She had risen early to make sure Daniel had every thing that he would need for the baby without having to exert himself. She fixed a quick meal of oatmeal and fresh fruit. She then proceeded to write a short note to not to worry about lunch; she would fix it when she came back from the days scouting party. Seeing that her two men were still sleeping, she added a line to the note telling him his breakfast was in the refrigerator and silently went out the door.

“Yuck, oatmeal, what does mommy think I am? A baby. She knows I don’t like this stuff.” He took the bowl and poured it down the drain. All the while William cooed as if saying, right on man.

“Well, my little man, just what shall we do today since we are under house arrest by mommy?” Daniel thought a minute then came up with what he thought was a good idea. “I know, while you have your breakfast, I can tell you about the planet that mommy and daddy are from, won’t that be interesting?” William must not have agreed for when Daniel looked down at him, he was peacefully snoozing again. Daniel just shook his head and laid him back in his cradle.

“Well I think I’ve found an easy way to make him go to sleep when I want him too, just bore him to death!” Daniel just shook is head in disbelief that William would find that boring.

He settled down in the chair and picked up his knitting and tried to figure out what he was suppose to be doing, “Is it knit one, purl two or is it purl one and knit two? I’m supposed to be able to outsmart this baby blanket but damn I should have written down the instructions.” He kept getting madder by the minute until finally he threw it down in discust and muttered something about it would be calmer on his nerves just to buy Williams’ blankets than to try and figure out those stupid instructions.

Later that morning Sam came storming into the apartment. “Daniel, I’ve got wonderful news---.”

“Shhhhhh. William’s sleeping---he was sleeping.” Daniel sighed as he went into the bedroom to pick-up the crying baby.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve got good news. I found it. I found the trail we came in on. This is it Daniel. Now all we have to do is figure out a good night to get the hell out of here once and for all.” She was so excited that she grabbed Daniel by the shoulders and hugged him. Then as she released him, their eyes met, then her lips found his and before they realized it, they were making passionate love. So passionate that it rivaled their wedding night.

“I can’t believe I’m so ravenous.” Sam stuffed another purple strawberry in her mouth.

“After what we did, I can.” Daniel had the wicked smile on his face.

“Yes it was pretty good wasn’t it? But unfortunately I’m running late for the council meeting, so I’ll see you later, bye my sweethearts.” She kissed them both and left.

“Doctor, the guards tell me that they caught your concubine in a restricted area. He was claiming to be under your orders looking for a rare plant. Is this so?” The Queen could barely contain her anger.

“Yes your Highness, you see I need that plant to make more of the elixir to help impregnate the males that the warriors bring back from the raiding party. With the party leaving next week, that only gives me two weeks to make an extra large batch, so I need to get started right away.” She hoped that she sounded convincing, if not-she didn’t even want to consider the consequences.

“You had better be telling the truth doctor, Or else!” Le’Ana slammed her fist down so hard she thought for a second or two that she might have broken her hand.

There was no way that Le’Ana was going to let the good doctor stand in her way of getting what she wanted. She had plotted and schemed for more years than she wanted to think about to be the ruler of the strongest and the mightiest nation on this planet. She was not going to let anyone stand in her way. Not now when it was so close at hand that she could feel it.

Sam just couldn’t believe their streak of good fortune they seemed to be having that day. First Daniel finds a door leading outside of the compound that’s not guarded. Next she finally gains enough freedom to find what she believes is the trail back to the DHD. Then she finds out during their meeting that there is to be another caravan in two weeks. If she plays her cards right she just might be able to get them spots on it. She couldn’t wait to tell Daniel all about it.

As she had expected Daniel was exhilarated over the prospect of having two escape plans to work with. They finally decided that they would plan to go on the caravan, but if something came up they would use the other as their backup.

The days flew by, as they made their preparations. Before they knew it, the big day was almost upon them.

“Just think about it Daniel in just two more day until the day we find freedom!” They were in the living room of their apartment playing with William, and planing what they could carry with them on the trip.

“Sam has Le’Ana actually said, she gives her permission for you and me and William to go on this trip?” Daniel was afraid that things were going a little too perfect just now.

“I realize that the last was my fault and at that time she promised that she would let us take the next one after I was well enough. But in the last few days has she formally said in front of witnesses that we can go. I just don’t want anything to go wrong right now.”

“I was thinking the same thing Daniel, and no Le’Ana hasn’t said, but I will bring up the subject at today’s meeting. I won’t let her dodge it either. And don’t you have a check-up soon?”

“Yes this afternoon. I wasn’t planning on missing it. If everything is perfect day, I will not require another check-up, unless and I don’t even want to think about it. I should become pregnant again.” He winced at the very notion of ever going through that again.

“You are taking your birth control right Daniel.” Sam just wanted to be sure.

“Every morning before I do anything, and I do mean anything.”

* * * * * * * *

“Colonel, I think I found something over here.” The young private waves his rifle in the air to indicate his position to the rest of the search team.

“What is it, what did you find?” It was Jack O’Neill’s voice coming from behind three dwarf palm trees to the right of the private.

“I’m not rightly sure, sir. It’s kinda glimmery. It’s in this cave. Its weird, sir, very weird.” The uncertainty of the situation frightened him.

“Alright, let’s take a look at this thing.” They all followed him into the cave and surrounded O’Neill as he examined the “glimmery thing.”

“It seems to be an energy shield of some kind. It’s not repelling us, therefore maybe we can pass something through it and see how it reacts.” O’Neill picked up a rock and threw it into the shield. It was as if the shield was just an electrical plate of glass. They could plainly see were the rock landed a few feet away. “Well boy’s, it’s time for the human test. I’ll go first then if nothing happens, follow as quickly as you can, cause were loosing daylight.”

O’Neill, stepped through the shield and nothing seemed to change. It was the same forest he had just left on the other side. The same birds and sky, just what the heck was going on here? Suddenly, the marines surrounded him again.

“Okay men, let’s spread out and see what we can find.” O’Neill led the search party forward down the trail.

The search party had gone approximately two miles when the silence was broken by the shouts of discovery. It was an abandoned Goa’uld cargo ship.

“Teal’C is that thing operational?” O’Neill couldn’t hide the panic in his voice when he spoke. Teal’C inspected the craft inside and out and concluded, “The craft had been abandoned for sometime. It’s still capable of a short flight but not much more as it is an antiquated craft. Probably abandoned centuries ago, by former inhabitants.”

“Let’s just hope they are former inhabitants. We’ll leave it for now. Let’s go boys I want to get a little further before night fall.” Jack led the troops further into the forest.

That night, sitting around the campfire, Jack kept staring at his wristwatch. He leaned over to Teal’C and commented. “You know something else I discovered is strange about this planet?”

“ What would that be Colonel O’Neill?” Teal’C raised his right eyebrow at Jack.

“Look at your watch. It’s summer time on this planet. If your watch reads like mine does, it says it is only five in the afternoon, yet it’s pitch black out here.”

“That is indeed what my watch reads also. Very interesting indeed, Colonel O’Neill.”

Daniel sat in the chair in the doctor’s office not believing what was just told to him. “I’m pregnant again, but how can that be? I’ve been taking my birth control every day. What happened, it wasn’t supposed to fail?” He was devastated, what was going to happen to their plans to escape. All because of him, all because of him, they were going to be stuck here.

“Daniel, listen to me. It wasn’t your fault. The medication was just not at the right strength for you. It happens, we just didn’t want it to happen so soon to you. Now with you being pregnant again, I want to keep a closer eye on you this time. I’ll want to see you again, next week. Okay?”

“What, oh yea, next week, sure. No dammit, I can’t. Sam and I are going on this caravan that’s leaving tomorrow. If I’m pregnant we can’t leave and we must go. I won’t be the cause of our being stuck here any longer, do you hear me, and I won’t. Now I know you have to record every pregnancy and birth, but I beg you don’t record mine until after we are gone, please, please I am begging you to do this one thing for us. I’ll get on my hands and knees, if that is what it will take for you to take heart and do this one kind act for us, please.” He pleaded with all his might, hoping that maybe somewhere, somehow he could say something that would touch her heart enough for her to do this one act of generosity.

“I shouldn’t do this, but I know you are not from here. I’m not sure if you really are from the Eastern Territory, but I know that what the Queen has planned for you isn’t right either. It will mean that I will be punished, but I don’t care. I’ll do as you ask. So what ever you have planned, do not tell me, just do it, and do it quickly.” She knew in her heart that the Queen would somehow find out and it would mean her death, but in her death would come victory. Victory for all the males like Daniel would never have to suffer for the personal gain of a Queen like Le’Ana.

“What do you mean, what the Queen has planned for us?”

“She plans to keep you and others of your kind impregnated to build up her breeding stock of males. She never plans to let you leave here. She had me purposely give you some herbs to counter your birth control medication. Now leave here before I change my mind about informing on you.”

“Thank you doctor, thank you.” He kissed her on the cheek. He hurried from her office to finalize their plans. He had to keep his pregnancy from Sam for all their sakes, if they were to get off of this planet and back to earth.

* * * * * * * *

“How did your check up go Daniel?” Sam smiled as she packed another bundle of baby supplies.

“It went just great, everything is fine. What’s left to be done?’ He hoped that she didn’t see that he was trying to be evasive. He just wanted to get on that caravan and get out of here before anyone discovered anything.

“I’ve packed just about everything. We’ll have to do with just one bundle each of necessities, because little guy here needs three just for him.” Sam tickled William as he laughed and cooed while lying in his crib.

“That’s fine, we’ll be out of here soon enough that it won’t matter.”

“Daniel, what’s the matter, is there something wrong?” She knew Daniel well enough by now that she could feel something was not right.

“Just impatient to get off of this planet and get back to our real home again.” He knew she would find out his secret after they got back to earth. He didn’t care, he might be stuck in the hospital being poked and probed because of his oddity. He just didn’t care so long as he got off of this planet with his family. The next morning they were at the caravan with about a hundred fifty other warriors, guards, shopkeepers and others with their mates.

They found the horse Sam had lined up for Daniel to ride while caring for the baby. It was not a normal horse, you would expect to find on Earth. This one was a cross between a lion and an elephant. It was as gentle as a kitten, but it had a roar like a bear. He helped her to load the horse and then climbed aboard with William in tow. Daniel then proceeded to wait for the leader of the caravan to give the signal for the long trip to begin.

A half-hour later they were still waiting, when they heard some commotion down near the end. “What’s going on down at the end of the caravan?” Daniel pointed to a group of about twenty mistresses and their mates huddled around a horse with a large lump under a blanket.

“I don’t know but I’ll find out and let you know. Don’t get off this horse, do you understand me?” She said pointing her finger in his face to make sure he got the point. Once she was assured he understood she left to go check it out, to make sure it wasn’t anything to worry about.

“Well Daniel, it seems the Grand Council is having the head of the executed female prisoner transported in this caravan as a warning to the marauders. It’s supposed to be a show of strength, to let the other clan know just how strong this territorial clan is, that they are all powerful. It’s nothing for us to concern ourselves with. I’m going to go ahead and find out what is holding up the caravan. I’ll be back soon.” The unexpected hold up was beginning to worry her. Everything was going fine so far, or so she thought.

“Doctor Ishmael, it’s so good to see you in person again.” Queen Le’Ana had on one of her most evil grins. She was holding several pages of a report as she stood up from behind her desk and walked over to where Doctor Ishmael was standing. “The reason I had you brought here was to ask how Daniel’s check up went yesterday. It was scheduled for yesterday correct?”

“Oh, uhm, yyyes, it was, I meant to talk to you about it, but so many things came up, it just slipped my mind. I’m so sorry about that slip-up, your Highness, I really did mean to contact you about it.” From the look on her face, Doctor Ishmael knew then her deception was discovered. It would certainly mean death for her, but it didn’t matter just as long as it helped to buy time for Sam and Daniel to escape back to their homeland and to freedom.

“Then it’s a good thing I have my sources go over your work everyday now isn’t it? Just to make sure nothing is forgotten in the day-to-day routine. Otherwise I would not have known that Daniel was indeed pregnant again, would I? Now, putting that together with Warrior Samantha’s insistence on she and her mate going on this caravan, this particular raiding caravan, it all begins to be quite clear. They have somehow managed to convince you to help them to escape back to their homeland, where they will immediately inform their Queen of my intentions. Then they will overtake our land and we will all lose our heads. But you see; your plan has failed. I know about Daniel, your concubines’ attempt to inform the Eastern Territory, and Samantha and Daniel’s plan to escape the raiding caravan and taking a short cut back to their territory to inform on us. But you see, what you don’t know is you will be the only one losing their head over this.” Her grin was getting even more evil than Doctor Ishmael had ever thought possible.

“Wait, your Majesty, I am the only one who has experience in making the special elixir. If I am beheaded, how do you know that your friends will know the correct measurements to use?” It was a gamble, but she had to try and save her own life first if she was to have a shot at saving Sam and Daniel.

“Your right, I am glad you are thinking for once. Then you shall be placed in prison until such time as you are no longer needed, then you will lose your head.” On that note she signaled for her guards to take the unfortunate doctor to her prison cell.

Sam came back to where Daniel and William were waiting. She was frightened, unsure just what was going on, but it gave her a sinking feeling. They had told her the Queen wanted them to wait until further instruction before they could leave. They didn’t know themselves what was happening.

“Daniel, get down from the horse, now!” she reached up to take William from his arms.

“What’s going on Sam, I know that face. Something is going on, tell me.” Fear was beginning to register in his face. Something in the pit of his stomach told him, they were never going to make it.

“I don’t know, but the Queen told the caravan it couldn’t leave until further notice. It’s just a feeling I have but something is very wrong. I think we should make a run for the forest now if we are to have any chance to get out of here.”

“Not with the Queen’s property you don’t.” It was one of the guards, and she was holding a lance laser right at Sam’s head. A dozen more guards quickly surrounded them.

“What’s going on here, we have permission from the Queen herself to be on this caravan?” Daniel was in total disbelief at what was happening. One of the guards struck Daniel in the abdomen, causing him to double over.

“Not in the stomach, you fool, do you want him to lose his child and have the Queen behead you?”

“Daniel, are they saying, you are pregnant again? Why didn’t you tell me? I’m your wife, you should have told me.” Daniel could see the hurt in her eyes from his deception. He would have to make her understand why he felt it was necessary.

The guards lifted Daniel up off the ground and returned them to the city and to Le’Ana chamber.

“Did you really think I was that much of a fool? That I would just let you walk out of here and back to your territory to inform them of my plans?”

“Leave her out of this, it was all my doing, if anyone should be punished, it should be me.” Daniel hoped with him being pregnant, the Queen would only hold him here and let Sam and William go. After all it was him she wanted most of all.

“If you weren’t in a difficult pregnancy I would have you whipped for speaking to me in that fashion.” Le’Ana was furious that Daniel had dared to speak like that to her in front of her guards. Him a lowly insolate male. “But don’t worry, you will pay in other ways. You see I have big plans for you. You will be my most popular concubine, baring one child right after the other, starting with mine. You’ll be so busy you won’t have time to think of escaping ever again.”

Le’Ana took Daniel’s face in her hand and planted a kiss on his lips, causing him to spit back in her face. This final insult just angered her more. She turned to her guards and screeched, “Guards take him to the maternity ward.”

“Now as for you,” She turned to Sam and continued, ”You will no longer be on the hunting parties. You’ll be confined to a prison cell. All food, clothing anything else you require will be brought to you. I’m not so cruel as to keep a child from its birthing parent. I will allow you to take your child to see Daniel once a day, but only with a guard as escort. Now take her out of my sight, she’s making me ill.”

Sam broke down in tears once she was inside of the prison cell. What was she going to do now? They were so close to freedom and now it was taken snatched away. How was she going to help Daniel, when she couldn’t even help herself and now they are being kept apart? What was going to happen to their new baby? “Jack where the hell are you?” Sam cried.

* * * * * * * *

Daniel was taken to his hospital room and once they changed him into pajamas the doctor walked in and announced she needed to examine him.

“Where’s Doctor Israel, she’s my doctor?” He hoped to have at least one friendly face left to talk to and maybe pass messages back to Sam.

“Not any longer, she has an extended stay in prison to look forward too. Now if you will just co-operate and do as your told we will get along just fine.” She pushed Daniel back on the bed and opened his pajama top to examine him.

This was going to be unbearable. How was he going to get out of this? For now he just let them do their thing and hopefully the rest of the time they would leave him alone to wallow in his misery.

* * * * * * * *

He just laid in bed, not interested in anything. They tried to interest him in handcrafts, needlepoint, or even just getting out of bed and walking around. But he would just lie there in bed without any interest in anything. He even refused visits from Sam and William. He would only eat what was forced down him.

“Look for your child’s sake you need to get out of this depression and eat better. You do want a healthy child don’t you?” Doctor Jaspera was at her wits end. She just didn’t know what else to do. They were already forcing everything down him they could. But something had to be done about his depression. If it wasn’t broken soon, they feared more severe complications would arise with this pregnancy, than has with the last one. Daniel wouldn’t even try to survive. This they could not allow to happen.

* * * * * * * *

“What is being done to improve the health of Daniel?” Queen Le’Ana was demanding an answer. Ever since their recapture Daniel’s health had rapidly declined.

“We have tried everything we know to pull him out of this depression, but to no avail.” Doctor Jaspera didn’t know what else to say.

“Have you brought his mate and child from their prison cell to visit with him?”

“Yes, but it has no effect on him. He doesn’t react to them at all. It’s as if he has given up.” The doctor now stood wringing her hands ever fearful of the Queen’s wrath. Would she be next, to lose her head just as her predecessor was about to? She sincerely hoped not.

“Have you tried asking him what it would take to bring him out of this depression?”

“Why no, my Queen we have not as yet.”

“You incompetent fool. Then do it and do it now. Grant him any wish he asks for except his freedom. I would rather he be dead than to let him leave here with his children,” She demanded. For she was not about to lose her prized male not to anyone not even to himself!

* * * * * * * *

“Daniel, the Queen would like to know what would it take to release you from this depression. What ever you would like it shall be done, with the exception of granting your freedom of course.” The doctor was hoping that Daniel would co-operate so the Queen would be in a better mood. For when she was upset, everyone paid dearly for it.

“I see, so the great Queen is upset I am not jumping for joy over being held hostage and being used against my will, mind you, as breeding cattle!” Daniel’s eyes glared as he clutched his abdomen when a sudden spasm of pain hit.

“Please calm down. Your anger is hurting your child! Please tell us what we can do to help you.”

“You really want to know what would help? Release my wife and child from prison and let them stay in our apartment together and I’ll do my damnedest to get in a better frame of mind.” Daniel turned his back to the doctor wishing only to be left alone again.

* * * * * * * *

“What are you talking about, the Queen never releases anyone. Sam was puzzled by this unusual turn of events.

“It was your mates request you be removed from this prison and returned to your quarters.”

“Well I refuse to leave this prison until Daniel is returned to our apartment also. Go tell that to your high and mighty Queen.” It was the most defiant Sam could remember being in an extremely long time. Just whom did Daniel think he was ordering her around when she’s supposed to be the boss while on this planet?

* * * * * * * *

“Your highness, we have a slight problem fulfilling Daniel’s request. It seems his mate is refusing to leave her prison cell until Daniel is returned to their apartment where she can care for him herself, under my supervision of course.” Doctor Jaspera stated trying to anticipate the Queen’s mood, hoping it would be somewhat pleasant.

“Do I have to do everything around here myself? Just do it. I don’t care how or when, just do it! Do you hear me, just do it!” The Queen was infuriated at all the imbeciles she felt she had working for her.

* * * * * * * *

“Warrior Samantha, we are releasing your mate from his hospital room into your care, supervised by his doctor of course, according to the expressed wishes of the Queen.” The guard held the prison cell door open for Sam and William. Once they were at the apartment it was only a matter of minutes until the guards arrived carrying Daniel.

The guards carried Daniel into the bedroom and helped him in bed. After they had left Sam gave Daniel the biggest and hardest hug and kiss she could muster. Then asked him just what the hell was going on.

“I didn’t co-operate any more than was absolutely necessary. They became so incensed with me they finally made the Queen give me any wish I wanted with the notable exception of my freedom. That is why I am here now. But as soon as I become a little stronger we will leave this place through the passages that I discovered and out through the secret door and then out to the trail.” He was happy at the thought he hopefully had outwitted them.

“But Daniel we already tried to leave, on the caravan and it didn’t work. What’s going to make this a better idea?” Sam was tired of trying to escape. She was ready to finally give up on the idea of ever getting out of this place.

“Because we will leave at night when there are only a few guards and nurses on duty. I’ve also been watching the guards in the courtyard and the surrounding fields as far as I can glimpse from my hospital window. Therefore we escape at night. It will be several hours before they notice we are gone.” Daniel beamed from ear to ear at the thought that maybe he just may be able to salvage this giant screw up he felt he caused.

“Just when do you think you would like to try this little escape party of yours?” Sam hoped he would be sensible and wait until he looked in better shape. At this moment he didn’t look like he could walk five steps much less than five miles!

“To lull them into a false sense of security I think we should wait a few days first. Then just as they think we are going to behave, we run out of here as fast as our feet can carry us.” He vowed he was going to do everything in his power to make himself in the best shape for their daring nighttime escape.

During the next two weeks Daniel did flourish. Much to the delight of the doctor, Daniel was regaining his healthy glow and was finally putting on weight. It was on this occasion; Daniel decided it was time for their daring escape. He helped Sam pack only the necessities they needed and then they crept down the hallways praying no one saw them.

Daniel was doing his best to remember the path he had discovered that led to the outside door. He and Sam with William in tow were racing down the corridors. They came upon a door that seemed familiar. Daniel opened it and yes, it led out to the courtyard. He ran to the outside wall and began to push on the blocks until he found the one that opened the secret door. They dashed out into the night and freedom. They raced in a crisscross path through the open field and into the forest, hoping to elude the guards that were out. Sam doing her best to use some of the skills she learned from the warriors themselves.

They traveled as far as they dared that night. They were too afraid to make a campfire that might attract the warriors. They were sure that the hospital staff knew of his escape by now and was summoning the Queen and her guards.

They had huddled together for comfort. They talked for a while about how best to elude the warriors and guards that surely were being sent after them. Then to help change the subject and to reassure herself she had made the right decision for the both of them, she asked him how he was feeling. Assured that everything so far was fine with Daniel and the baby, they turned in for the night to sleep as best they could.

The next morning they knew their disappearance from the fortress was discovered, when they saw warriors racing into the forest.

They moved as fast as they could, going deeper into the forest. They hoped to find the correct trail soon that would lead them out and into freedom.

Later on the third night of their travel after they made camp, Daniel whispered to Sam that he thought the area looked familiar.

“I was thinking the same thing Daniel. That mountain ridge is where I think they brought us out of the forest. They carried us for about five miles through the forest so I’m estimating the gate is about seven miles from here. Do you think you can last that long?

The flames from the campfire let Daniel see the look of concern on her face. He gently placed his hand on her cheek and let his lips brush against hers. His whisper was barely audible to her ears. He said. “Don’t worry about me or our child, I’ll run like the wind if I have to.”

“We’ll leave in an hour after William wakes and has had breakfast. I don’t want any unnecessary crying to alert any guards that are out there. I’ll keep an eye on them. When they walk in the other direction, I’ll signal to you to run deeper into the forest as quickly as you can. I’ll follow as soon as I’m sure you weren’t seen or heard.”

* * * * * * * *

“Go Daniel, and don’t look back.” Sam whispered fiercely, as she shoved him into the forest. A few minutes later Daniel heard her heavy breathing as she came running up beside him.

“I bought us a few extra minutes of time, should they discover our location early.”

“ How did you do that?” he asked in between gasps of air.

“I strung up one of the net traps like the one they caught us in when we first arrived on this planet.” She said with a grin.

“Pure genius, Sam, pure genius.” Daniel said as a grin quickly spread across his face.

They walked at as fast a walk as Daniel could manage. He didn’t realize how easy he would tire out because of the extra load he was carrying. They both didn’t count on how early the sun rose in the mountains on this planet. Suddenly a scream pierced the morning air. That could only mean that the net was sprung. There was the chaos Sam had planned, much too early for it to help them out. It would lead the other warriors to this location and into the direction they had taken. A few seconds later there was the sudden sound of explosions and gunfire going off in the opposite direction from which they traveled. Daniel and Sam picked up the pace as much as they could. They wanted to put as much distance between them and the Amazons as fast as they could.

They hadn’t gone vary far when guards and warriors surrounded them on all sides.

“No, oh no, not again, Sam I can’t go through this again. Please tell me they aren’t really there.” Daniel was just completely taken aback. It seemed that no matter what they tried it just didn’t work out. It was his fault entirely. If only he could have run faster, not been pregnant the second time, they would have made it this time.

“I’m sorry to say it but they are here and they will be taking us back to the delightful queen with her gracious personality.” Sam’s try at sarcastic humor didn’t succeed in hiding her disappointment in their failed escape.

* * * * * * * *

They stumbled as the butt of the laser rifles connected with their backs, forcing them into the throne room of their vile and detested captor. “Well I see you had to try again. When will you learn you cannot escape me or my warriors?” Le’Ana’s gave a sinister laugh, then ordered her guards to take Sam and baby William to the prison section and a Daniel back to the maternity ward.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Daniel wrenched his arm away from the guard and gave a sly little smile at the evil Queen.

“And why would that be, little man?” She couldn’t think of anything he could say that would make a difference.

“Because if you dare put them in prison, I’ll do anything that I can to bring harm not only to myself, but also to the baby.”

“You wouldn’t do that. You love your child too much to allow anything within your power to harm him.” She now felt that she had the upper hand, since she knew them so well.

“I would rather let my child and myself die than to let you control us.” There was fire in Daniel’s eyes and he squared his jaw in defiance. At this moment he knew he had the upper hand.

“You wouldn’t dare!” She half-heartedly didn’t believe him, but couldn’t let him get away with defying her in front of her subjects.

“Oh wouldn’t I,” Daniel ran towards the open window and started to climb out. The guards ran after him and tried to pull him back inside.

“Stop, I’ll do as you say. For now anyway, but no more stunts, do you hear me?” She hated to be outsmarted in from of her guards, but she had no choice but to give in.

“Fine, then the three of us will go back to our apartment, for now.” Daniel said with a smile on his face knowing that he had won the upper hand; he turned to leave with Sam with William in tow.

“Stop!” Screeched the Queen. “Just one moment. Guards thirty lashes to the female. Just to remind you as to who is in control here.”

“What? No, you can’t do that! I already promised we wouldn’t try to escape again.” Daniel did his best to understand just when he had lost his hard won victory; as he struggled to break lose from the guards that held him back while he held William protectively in his arms, as two other guards held Sam down. A fifth guard held a cruel looking five foot bull whip bent forward ripping open the back of Sam’s tunic.

Then without warning the bullwhip cracked its way across Sam’s back. Daniel was stunned into silence as the tears began to fall on his grief stricken face. He could do little more than bare witness to this cruel punishment that he had caused, as the guards held his face tightly, forcing him to look forward at Sam.

Sam tried to catch her breath after she felt the unexpected sting of the first blow first strike her bare back. When she dared to glance up at Daniel hoping he had looked away when the whipping started, she was mortified to see, they had forced him to witness her punishment.

Once the final blow had landed across Sam’s bloodied and torn back, Queen Le’Ana ordered the guards to take them back to their quarters. Then she herself left for her own quarters to stew in her own misery.

Once they had reached their apartment, Daniel grabbed his abdomen in pain. “I don’t think I should have done something that stupid,” was all he could say before he collapsed on the floor.

One of the guards rushed over to the telecommunicator and called for Doctor Jaspera. It was all they could do to help him to the bedroom.

* * * * * * * *

“You’ve slightly torn your pouch. I want you to stay in bed. You’re feet are not to touch the floor at all until I tell you it’s safe. I’ll stop by to examine you twice a day. Should you encounter any unusual pain or bleeding, call me immediately.” As the doctor was leaving, she stopped Sam and told her it was her turn to be examined.

“What did you do to incur the rath of Queen Le’Ana? She hasn’t been angry enough to whip anyone this badly in years!”

“Oh, we just tried to go back to our territory, that’s all.” Sam tried to make her voice sound as casual as she could despite the pain from the gentle probing and cleaning to her fresh cuts.

“Sorry for the discomfort, but I want to make sure they don’t get infected.” After a few more minutes Doctor Jaspera was finished and added, “I want you to come down to the infirmary every morning and evening to have these cuts cleaned and re-bandaged, until they are healed. Understood?”

“Yes, I’ll be there.” Sam acknowledged, and then quickly added, “Thank you.”

“Now I want you to keep a close eye on Daniel. If anything, no matter how minor, should come up I want to be notified immediately. Understood?” The doctor stood to leave, but before she walked through the opened door, Sam answered, “Yes, doctor, I understand.”

On that note Sam closed the door and walked into their bedroom to check on Daniel. Finding him awake, she gently sat on the bed and took this hand in hers saying, “Hey, how are you doing?”

“I’m fine, Sam it’s me who should be asking you how are you doing? Oh, Sam I’m so sorry for getting you hurt like that. I shouldn’t have been so pig headed thinking I could bully someone like her into giving into my demands.” Then the tears began to flow again.

“Shhh”none of that now. None of this was your fault. It was mine. I don’t know what I was thinking believing that I could out smart these warriors. I should have just waited for Colonel O’Neill, instead of being so impatient and trying this on our own. I know he will show up soon.”

“Oh Sam do you know how much I love you?” Daniel smiled up at Sam as she gently wiped away his tears.

“Not anymore than I love you Daniel Jackson, my love.” Sam smiled back at Daniel as her own tears began to gently slide down her own cheeks onto their clasped hands.

* * * * * * * *

Mean while back at the Queen’s quarters---The Queen’s telecommunicator, was buzzing. As she answered it, the image of the Northern Territory Queen materialized. “Drucilla, what an unpleasant surprise. Just what do you want?” It was all Le’Ana could do to be civilized.

“Well Le’ Ana, up to your same old pleasantries I see. Well to cut to the chase as it were, it seems some of my warriors are in your prison and I want you to release them. You had no right to seize them.”

“No right, we had every right to seize them they were in our sector, illegally killing our game.” There wasn’t any way she was going to let this person bully her, especially not after Daniel just got away with it.

“They were not in your sector. Your warriors were in our sector and you know it. As a matter of fact my warriors witnessed some of your warriors taking a couple of Eastern Warriors prisoner. So, if you don’t want an all out war on your hands you had better release all the prisoners right now. Other wise we will be at your back door and take all of your males, young and old. Then we will wipe out every trace of your pathetic existence.”

“Is that a threat? Because if it is, it’s too late! I’m afraid some of the prisoners have already lost their heads as of this morning.” Le’Ana just smile and turned off her telecommunicator, not wishing to speak to Drucilla ever again. How she detested her.

* * * * * * * *

“Colonel, I think there’s something you should see, sir.” They were just about to break camp, when the sentry made a startling discovery. Amazon warriors had surrounded them without being detected.

“Oh, and just what might that be?” O’Neill had no time for games, he was getting very antsy about all the problems he was having trying to locate his companions. They should have found them by now and been back at headquarters. He was fastening the wristband on his watch as he left his tent. Once that was done he looked up at the corporal and spotted the warriors with their lance lasers pointed right at his heart.

“We are friends, we mean no harm, we lost someone and are looking for them---” O’Neill hope they understood what he was saying.

“Cut the bull crap and get moving this way.” The redhead warrior had a look on her face that meant all business.

“Cut the bull crap? Who’s been teaching them earth lingo---Daniel and Sam?” Jack hoped he was on the right track with his thinking.

They were marched down a separate trail from the one they had originally taken. They proceeded approximately six miles until they came upon the warriors’ encampment.

“Well what do we have here? Someone seems to have lost his mate. Tell me, just where are your mistress’ hiding, and why did they allow you to freely roam in the forest knowing there are marauders lurking about?” She was a dark skinned beauty with raven hair. She must be the leader, O’Neill concluded because of her actions and the way the others respected her.

“As I said to the other ladies, we lost a couple of our friends and we are just looking for them so we can go home. We don’t want any problems and we don’t want to cause any problems.” He didn’t know how much plainer he could make it.

“You have friends still hiding in the forest somewhere? Who are they and what are you doing here?” She was sticking the tip of her knife under O’Neill’s chin making it quite clear she was expecting their full co-operation no matter what!

“I’m telling you the truth, we came through the Stargate, just to have a look around. Two of our people disappeared. We have been looking for them now for the last three days. All we want is to find them and go back through the Stargate and back home again never to visit your planet again.” GEEZ he hoped he wouldn’t have to keep repeating himself.

“You came through the Stargate? Are you Goa’uld? Do not lie to me or you will beheaded!” Her look and tone let him know that she meant business.

“We are not Goa’uld, we are human, from earth, we were just out exploring the universe. Seeing what is out there, when we happen to stumble onto your little planet.”

“He is not human, he is Jaffa, a Goa’uld.” She said pointing her laser rifle right at Teal’C’s forehead.

“Do you think that we are fools? We know him and others of his kind. It’s been many generations since they have brought us here, but we still know of them, and we will continue to watch for their return.” She straightened her back in defiance of his statements.

“No we do not believe that you are a fool. Teal’C no longer serves with the Goa’uld. In fact Apophus wants his head on a platter for helping us escape from his grasp.” He hoped that this would finally convince her of his sincerity.

The commander again questioned. “If indeed this is true, what are you doing here, in our sector?”

“Like I keep telling you, we were just exploring this planet. Then two of our friends became lost. They were dressed like us. We then went to find look for them, that is when your girls found us.” Jack was exasperated. He didn’t know what else to say to convince them. It was if roadblocks were purposely being put in their way.

Suddenly one of the warriors walked up to the commander and whispered something to her. The warrior was looking and pointing to them and then back to the commander. She then returned to the group.

“Well it looks like you may be telling us the truth after all. It seems one of our warriors remembers seeing the Western Territory Warriors capturing a couple of people dressed like you several months ago. It would seem they may be in their prison, if the Queen hasn’t already had them beheaded.”

“Several months ago? It couldn’t be Sam and Daniel they’ve only been missing a few days.” Jack wondered who could it be, their weren’t any SG teams missing that he knew about.

“Our missing friends, were dressed like us, but one was a female, with short blonde hair, the other was a male like me only with dark blonde hair and he wore glasses.”

“Glasses what are those?”

“Glasses well let me see how to describe them.” Then he spied a drinking glass on the table. Picking it up he knelt down on the dirt and drew a picture of a pair of glasses, then said to her, “he had these on his nose and the glass like this on his eyes.” He hoped she understood.

“Yes that was them they captured, I saw them!” The young warrior was adamant about it.

It was as if a miracle was being shed upon them.

“Colonel, we can at least check it out, heck if it is some of our people, maybe they know the where abouts of Sam and Daniel, Sir.” The young lieutenant wanted to end the search quickly. This planet was giving him the creeps.

“Alright, we’ll go check it out. Can you give us directions on how to get to this prison?” Jack was sure hoping it was them, but surely the young lady was mistaken about the time frame. Maybe to them months means the same as days to us.

“You will not be able to find it on your own without being captured. We will take you there.” She had ulterior motives in taking them and they just might need their help to get their warriors out of the prison.

“Alright when we do leave we want to get started as soon as possible in case of any problems.”

“We will leave in one hour,” then she turned to her warriors. “Break camp, we will be leaving for the Western Territory fortress in one hour.”

“We found an old abandoned Goa’uld cargo ship, I’d like to send some of my men back to get it just as a precaution. We might need it later. Will that be okay with you?” If indeed they were at this fortress, he wanted to be prepared as best he could for any situation.

“If you must, it will be alright, just keep it away from us. It’s a vile memory from the past.” She hated that reminder, but there wasn’t any getting away from it, if they really needed it. “Since we will be traveling together for awhile, is there some name I can call you, just to be a little friendlier?” O’Neill was hoping for a small truce between them.

“Commander will be fine.” She wasn’t about to let this Earthman try to smooth talk her. She wasn’t about to let him try and put anything over on her; she had been around to many people to let that happen.
Chapter 8 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER EIGHT

A DARING RESCUE

The group traveled for several miles through the forest and across opened fields until they came upon a small mountain range. It was there the warrior commander informed them the fortress was on the other side and to be wary of their guards lurking about. They tried to blend in with the surrounding scenery the best they could. Then they crawled on their bellies to the top of the ridge and looking through binoculars searched the fortress below trying to catch a glimpse of their friends.

“Damn, the city is too big. There too many people there to pick out any one particular person that might be them.” It was frustrating to O’Neill, now they were so close; he just had to know one way or another if indeed they were there. O’Neill was squatting on one leg, and raised his left hand to adjust his hat. His eyes squinted against the morning sun as he looked towards the fortress then said, “It would make things easier if we knew for sure Daniel and Sam were still there and where exactly their being held.”

“We’ll disguise one of our warriors and send them into the fortress. They can collect as much information as possible in the given time.”

“That just might work. We’ll give them about two hours, that should give us time to put our plan together and carry it through after dark.” O’Neill was grateful for the Eastern warriors help. He wasn’t sure exactly how they were going to be able to disguise one of them to look like the Western warriors when they didn’t have any of their clothing to work with.

It soon became quite evident when the Eastern warriors brought into camp a captured Western warrior. They quickly changed clothing and then O’Neill and his men watched as she managed to sneak passed the guards.

“O’Neill, you will have nothing to worry about with Blanca, she is our best scout.”

“Thank you, that means a lot to me, right now.” He hoped she was right, because the best was what they needed right now.

Blanca slowly moved about in the market area, moving from one stall to the other. Occasionally she would ask about Daniel and Sam. She seemed to be getting nowhere, when by happenstance Altecor happen to over hear her ask a shopkeeper.

After getting no reaction from the shopkeeper, Blanca was walking away, when Altecor, whispered to her from behind the shop.

“What do you want from my friend Daniel? He has done nothing to harm anyone?”Altecor wasn’t sure what to make of all this sudden interest.

“I wish them no harm. It’s just been a while since I have seen my friends and would like to know what has happened to them.” She hoped she was convincing enough to gain his trust. Her time was fast coming to an end.

“How do I know that you are truly a friend of Daniel’s and will not bring harm to him?” Altecor hoped that she could not detect his heartbeat as it rapidly increased its pace.

“I give my solemn vow as a warrior, that I do not intend to bring harm to Daniel. I am here to help him.” If Altecor didn’t believe her now, she would have not recourse but to leave without the anticipated information that O’Neill needed.

“I guess I must believe you, if you vow as a warrior.” He quickly looked about to see if he was spotted speaking to a warrior that was not his mistress before he added, “I have not seen Daniel outside in a while. I do not know the reason for this. But they must be in their apartment. I have seen guards bringing them supplies almost daily.”

“Can you show me which is their apartment so I may visit them? I promise you no harm will come to them from me.” It was a gamble she would have to take.

Altecor told her the location and quickly left hoping no one had seen him talking to her. She waited for an opportune moment then hid behind a butcher’s stall. She brought out her telescope and located Daniel and Sam’s apartment. She easily located Sam in the kitchen washing dishes. But she had difficulty with Daniel until he slowly turned over in bed. Blanca noticed the pale features and slowness of his movements. It was quite evident he was ill. This was going to complicate matters.

With the information in hand, Blanca quickly made her way back to their encampment.

* * * * * * * *

O’Neill and the warrior commander listened intently to Blanca’s report. It didn’t sound good with Daniel being ill. Damn, why now? O’Neill thought. This was really going to throw a monkey wrench into things. We’ll just have to improvise.

The sentry interrupted them when she walked into the tent and said, “ I’m sorry to interrupt, commander, but our scouts have just returned with some very important news.”

“Well out with it, we have a lot of work to do here.” The commander was not pleased about being interrupted.

“The scouts have spotted Northern Territory warriors headed this way. Looks like close to a couple of thousand of them Commander.” The young sentry replied.

“That could only mean one thing, they plan to encompass this territory and claim it as part of their empire. We need to hurry O’Neill and get out of the area before we are trapped here. The Northern Territory warriors are some of the fiercest on this planet. No one wants to engage them” The commander was clenching her hands in an effort to steady her nerves.

“Just out of curiosity sake, what are you and your girls getting out of helping us like this? Don’t get me wrong we appreciate the help and all, but what we can’t quite figure out is why?” He just had to ask. It had been bugging him all day and he needed to know he wasn’t dragging his men and himself into something that would be extremely hard to get out of.

“They are holding several of my warriors captive, who were captured illegally. They were in our territory, which is adjacent to the Western Territory. Some of their warriors crossed over into our territory and took them hostage. We want them back. The Queen is refusing. Therefore we will take them by force. Since we have the same goal, getting our people out, we should work together on this matter.” It made perfect sense to both of them, or so it seemed to her.

“Okay so we are in an agreement. We go in together, we get your warriors out of the prison cells on the bottom floor, and we get my people out of the apartment in the living quarter section, then we all get the hell out of here.”

“We are in agreement O’Neill. So as you say, let’s get moving.” A small smile crept on the Commander’s face. It was the first time O’Neill could remember seeing her smile. And he hoped it would not be the last.

“The Northern Warriors will be here. We need to come up with a plan right now. I don’t want my girls to die at their hands. That’s exactly what may happen to your people too if we don’t hurry.”

“I get the point, so let’s start plotting our strategy.” With every second counting he did his best to figure out the most efficient and easiest recovery he could come up with.

* * * * * * * *

“I’m afraid we will have to move him to the maternity ward now. The bleeding is not stopping. It’s just a minimal amount of course, but I don’t want to take any chances, you understand don’t you?” The doctor hoped Sam understood the seriousness of the situation without making her come right out and say it. She didn’t want Daniel to know there was a chance he or his child very likely won’t make it.

“Yes, of course Dr. Jaspera. He will be alright won’t he, I mean he won’t get any worse will he?” She didn’t want to think about the possibility of not having him in her life.

“I don’t want to make any promises, but we will do everything we can for him and your child.” On that note she signaled for the guards to take Daniel.

“Don’t worry darling, William and I will be up later to visit you.” Sam leaned over and kissed Daniel on the lips, and touched her cheek to his and then the guards began to move him out the door and down the hallway. Sam leaned against the closed door and cried. William not knowing or understanding what was happening began to cry too.

* * * * * * * *

Jack knelt on one knee as he drew a diagram of the fortress in the soft soil with a stick he found nearby.

“Okay, we know the prison cells are here and Sam’s and Daniel’s quarters are approximately here.” He pointed to areas on the diagram and looked up at the soldiers who where standing in a semicircle around him.

“Now if we put explosives here and here, it should punch enough of a hole in the wall to allow us access to them. Remember the objective is to grab our people and get out with as little resistance as possible. Once we have them, we get the hell out of there and back to the Stargate as quickly as possible. Everyone remember, we are several miles from the Stargate, so timing is everything. Any questions?” Jack looked into their faces, thinking, my God; they do get younger every day.

“Colonel, we have what appears to be a war party coming from the north. It looks like they mean business, sir.” The young private looked scared as he pointed in the direction of the Northern Territory warriors.

“What! That’s all we need. Everyone grab your weapons and let’s move out now,” Jack grabbed his rifle and ran down the trail to the city.

* * * * * * * *

Sam finally quieted William down when she heard the blaring of horns. What the hell are they blowing horns for? Then someone was banging on her door. When she answered it, it was Angelina. There was terror written all over her face.

“You must hurry and get out of here. Go hide in the forest before they get here or you will be killed. Go quickly, now!” Angelina started to leave when Sam grabbed her arm and demanded to know what she was talking about.

“Who are you talking about, before who gets here and why would they want to kill me for?”

“The Northern Territory, they want our land and they are furious with our Queen, she illegally had some of their warriors captured and their heads cut off. Then had their heads carried on the last caravan and paraded in their fortress just to show them she could. Now go quickly, I must get my own family out of here too!” With that she pulled her arm out of Sam’s hand and fled down the hallway and out of site.

“Oh my God, no, what am I going to do?” she frantically looked around not sure what to do first. Her senses began to take over as she grabbed some baby clothes and other important baby supplies and tied them in a scarf, grabbing William as she left the apartment and fled down the hallway on her way to Daniel’s hospital room.

* * * * * * * *

“Your Majesty, there is important news, I beg of you, you must listen.” Her guard really didn’t want to tell her, heck she just wanted to leave her to her punishment for all her cruelty, but she was her Queen so she had to make a half hearted attempt.

“Well what is it, out with it, what do you want to tell me?” She was getting very irritated now. It seemed imbeciles constantly surrounded her.

“It’s the Northern Territory, your Highness, they are here, and they’re attacking us! They’re shouting your name.” She didn’t want to say what they are saying about her name, she just hope the Queen already knew.

“They’re here? No, I don’t need this, it’s already been a bad week, and I really could do without this. Call all guards and warriors to their stations at the walls. Get anyone that can fire a laser cannon and get them to the wall quickly.” She hoped that would be enough to hold the defenses while she made her escape. After all she was the Queen therefore if anyone was going to escape with her lives it was going to be her first, then whoever was able to escape on their own.

“Tell them yourself, your Highness, I’m getting my family out of here now!” and she did leave, while the Queen stood there with her mouth open. Stunned beyond belief that a guard of hers would stand there and talk to her like that, it was utterly amazing.

“How dare she talk to me like that, a guard of mine, I’ll have her head for that, after this is all over with of course. Right now I better get the hell out of here.” With that in mind she ran as fast as she could out of the council chamber and out into the hallway to the nearest exit, but she wasn’t as quick as she hoped she would be.

“Going somewhere Le’Ana?” Priscilla was enjoying this more than anything she could remember doing in the last few weeks.

“Priscilla, I didn’t realize that you came all the way down here to visit. If I had known, I would have baked.” She wasn’t going to let Priscilla take her without a very nasty fight. One she hoped to win.

“That’s alright, you don’t have the head for baking, surely you should realize that by now.” If it’s a fight she wants it’s a fight she will get and lose. Pricilla was poised with lance laser held high; ready to take Le’Ana’s head clean off with one shot. It was going to be a great victory.

Le’Ana ran for the door but not before Priscillas’ lance laser let out a screaming blast that severed Le’Ana’s head in one swoop, before her body had a chance to hit the floor. Priscilla let out a war hoop that made several of her warriors come running to see the sight. They let out a celebratory whoop upon seeing the sight, the severed head of theirs and most of the planets sworn enemy.

* * * * * * * *

“Wait for the ladies to attack, then plant the explosive on the east wall. Be prepared to charge in. Find Sam and Jackson, quickly and let’s get out.” O’Neill was doing his best to not let his nervousness show. He hoped that his friends were still all right. It had been several hours since the spy had been sent in and spotted Daniel and Sam. They were a little worried about Daniel. When the scout spotted him, he was in bed and not looking so hot. Sam on the other hand was looking better than ever.

O’Neill was brought back to the present by the sound of explosions and screaming. The attacks had begun. “Showtime men, let’s get going.” O’Neill ordered the soldiers out into the night air, fully aware that some of them won’t be going home. Several minutes later O’Neill and the small reconnaissance team were making their way down the halls of the building fighting back the choking dust and the frenzy of the males and children running up and down the hallways trying to find cover. They paid little attention to the group as they ran past them.

“I think it’s down this hall and fourth door to the right, and---what the---” He asked as something or someone bumped into him. He raised his rifle to defend himself if need be, only to hear an all too familiar voice.

“Colonel, am I glad to see you---” Sam didn’t even try to hide the joy of seeing her commander again. She had almost given up the thought of ever seeing that familiar face again, but not Daniel, he was always the eternal optimist, but she didn’t have the luxury of wasting any more time on happy thoughts. She had to get Daniel and their son out of this hellhole and to safety as quickly as possible.

“No time for pleasantries Sam where is Daniel, so we can get out of here?”

“He’s in the hospital, four corridors down on the left. I don’t know if he is in any shape to be bounced around, Colonel. He hasn’t been very well.” She adjusted the blanket covering the baby she held and picked up the bundle of supplies and flung it onto her shoulder.

“Sam, I’m afraid we can’t take refugees with us no matter how cute they are. We don’t have the time to play nursemaid.”

“Colonel, this baby is not a refuge, he’s my son and he’s going or we both stay, take your choice.”

“Your son? Did I lose some time somewhere that I don’t remember?” He had the most perplexed look on his face. Sam would have laughed but she was feeling too stressed at that particular moment.

“Colonel, with all due respect, we really should be going. Daniel will need all the help we can give him to get out of here. I’ll explain as much as I can later, but please let’s just go now.”

“Uhm, yea, you do that. Let’s go men.” He gave his head a little shake and picked up his pace to match Sam’s stride. It didn’t take them long to find the hospital section. Jack thought they might have some resistance once they arrived. But none was given. In fact the hospital was deserted except for Daniel, who was sleeping peacefully. Sam raced over to Daniel and shook him to wake him up. “Daniel, Daniel, sweetheart, you have to wake up now. We have to leave. Colonel O’Neill is here to take us home.”

“Sweetheart?” Jack O’Neill’s eyes widen in the most shocking look he had ever had in his life. When he was able, he said, “I should think you have a lot of explaining to do when we get back, Major. A lot of explaining to do!”

“Jack is that really you. God you don’t know how often I’ve prayed for you to find us.” Daniel couldn’t hide the smile that spread across his face as he turned over onto his back. His huge belly was showing under the blankets.

O’Neill didn’t miss the sight of Daniel’s belly. “Good God what is this, what’s wrong with your stomach man,” He said as he pointed at Daniel’s belly.

“There’s nothing wrong with my belly, Jack, I’m pregnant that’s all. Now help me out of this bed, willya?”

“Uh yea, sure.” Jack helped Daniel put on his shoes. Then helped him out of the bed. He wasn’t sure just how the two of them were going to explain this to him. But he was certain the story was going to be a doozy. He didn’t miss the bugged eye sideways look that Teal’C gave Daniel. It told O’Neill that he and Teal’C had the same idea, to get the hell off this planet before they became pregnant like Daniel. They had no desire what so ever to go through that kind of indignity.

Daniel only took a few steps when it was obvious that he wouldn’t be able to walk very far without collapsing. Jack yelled for Teal’C to carry him. But Teal’C just shook his head no way man. He didn’t want being pregnant to rub off on him. “I said to carry him. That’s an order Teal’C.”

Teal’C didn’t wait to be told a third time. He picked up Daniel and walked as quickly as he could. Having regained his composure Teal’C added “I feel we must leave as quickly as possible O’Neill if we are to get back to the Stargate without being captured.” Teal’C noticed the stunned look still on O’Neill’s face.

“Let’s get out of here everyone.” Jack quickly regained control over the situation and followed Teal’C out the door.

Sam grabbed a blanket off of the bed and followed close behind.

They got as far as the edge of the building when the leader of the Northern Territory warriors discovered them. “I believe you are attempting to leave with something we want.”

“You will never get your hands on my husband. Come hell or high water, you can be very sure of that.” Sam handed William over to O’Neill and dropped the clothing bundle. She put her hand on her sword ready to pull it out of the sheath, when O’Neill grabbed her by the shoulder and said, “We don’t have time for this, go, go, go, let’s move it. Now!”

Sam picked up the bundle and ran as fast as she could right behind the others.

The Northern Territory warrior’s laser let out a blast so close to Sam that it made her skin tingle with electricity.

They met up with the Eastern Territory Commander when they finally made it out of the fortress. She was gathering up what was left of her warriors.

“I’m glad you found your friends, now it is time for you to leave. The fighting here will get uglier before it’s over. My fighting is finished for now. My warriors and I will leave and fight another day, but it’s only begun for them I am afraid.” She pointed to the Northern Warriors decimation of the Western fortress and its occupant.

“Thank you and your warriors for all your help. Maybe we can someday repay the favor.” Jack was only kidding, because he didn’t believe they would ever return to this planet. But was surprised when she answered”

“Oh we will meet again and you will repay the debt.” She had a wicked little smile on her face that made Jack’s face project the most shocking expression she hadn’t seen in a long time. She then turned to what was left of her warriors and taking her lance laser pointed towards home and then they marched off into the night.

Jack and Sam, with Teal’C and his men had to duck when the blasting got closer to them. So close in fact that Sam wasn’t at all sure, she would be able to hear again. It was all she could do to keep her feet on the ground as she felt the vibrations of another stronger blast hitting just a few feet away from her.

They ran as fast as they could and didn’t stop to rest until they were several hundred yards into the woods were they met up with the rest of the rescue team. O’Neill handed Little William back over to Sam who then knelt down close to Daniel. She took the blanket she had been carrying and covered Daniel with it. “It’s too cold out here for you. You need to stay warm.”

Daniel didn’t miss the frightened look on her face. “I’m fine, so you can stop fussing. How’s William taking everything so far?”

“Our son is doing fine. Hasn’t cried a bit. Have you William?” Sam caressed the young child’s face as she cradled him in her lap.

“Oh boy, this just keeps getting better and better. I just can’t wait for the explanations to everything that’s been going on here.” Jack couldn’t hide his confusion any longer.

“Will somebody please tell me just what the hell has been going on here, because----I’m so confuuuuused?” Jack raised his arms to the mid-afternoon sky, and then let them drop down to his sides in total confusion.

“I too would like to be informed of the past O’Neill, but I believe it should wait until later. The warriors will be here in a few minutes. It would be to our advantage to move out now while we have the opportunity.” Teal’C pointed down the hill at the swiftly approaching Northern Warriors

“Damn, let’s get moving kiddies. We need to get to the main trail a mile up the road. Once we get over, we’ll be okay. Can you make it Daniel?”

“I’m afraid not Jack. I think I’m in labor. “ Daniel panted as he held his round belly.

“Then we must really hurry O’Neill.” Teal’C picked up Daniel and hurried up the hillside.

The others looked up at them, then followed close behind.

The sound of the warriors grew nearer and nearer. Daniel could hear Teal’c’s heartbeat grow faster and faster as they raced up the hillside. It was all Daniel could do to concentrate on staying calm as another contraction hit. He knew it was too early for the child to be born. If he could remain calm, maybe, just maybe he could get the contractions to slow down or even to stop. If not, his life and that of his unborn child lay in the hands of his comrades.

“Teal’C, think you can make this thing fly again?” it was Jack pointing to the abandoned Goa’uld cargo ship they had discovered earlier.

“With ease Colonel O’Neill.”

Suddenly Daniel could feel Teal’C stumbling as a blast narrowly missed them. He braced himself for the fall, but it didn’t happen, instead he felt strong arms reaching out to help hold him. Daniel turned to look into the eyes of two strong young soldiers taking him from Teal’C. They helped him into the back of the cargo ship.

Samantha and William quickly followed as Teal’C made his way to the pilot seat of the ship. Within seconds he had the ship roaring up into the sky. The sound of gunfire and explosions rang all around them. The ship rocked from the concussion of the blasts and the uneven path it flew. Going at half of its top speed the ship had them at the barrier screen within seconds. The ship screeched as it flew through the barrier and into the other side, causing them to reach their destination almost as quickly as they departed.

Sam comforted Daniel as another contraction hit. In the background she could hear Jack shouting out commands to dial up the home address and to get every one out and up to the gate pronto while they had the chance to make it home in one piece.

They had almost made it through the gate when there was an explosion near them. It was all Jack could do to keep Daniel on his feet. The warriors had found them again and were closing in fast.

The marine sergeant ran up to Jack and shouted, “Sir, get your people through the gate. My men and I will hold them off as long as possible. Then we will meet you on the other side.”

“Thank you Sergeant. I’ll make sure you and your men are rewarded for this.” Jack helped Sam and baby William across with Teal’C and Daniel right behind them.
Chapter 9 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER NINE

IF I SHOULD DIE TONIGHT

“We need a medical team down here pronto for the little mommy-to-be.” Jack yelled as he pointed to Daniel. He and Teal’C half carried and half walked Daniel down the ramp. General Hammond had a very surprised look on his face when he saw Daniel for the first time in several days. When he saw all the blood on Daniel’s clothing he quickly came to his senses and ordered a medical team staat.

* * * * * * * *

“Well Daniel, I have to tell you this is a surprise. I never in all my wildest imagination ever thought I would find you in this condition.” Dr. Fraiser shook her head as she wrote in Daniel’s chart, and adjusted the transfusion IV tubing, as he lay in a hospital bed.

“It’s too early for my baby, is there anything you can do to stop the labor?” Doctor Fraiser held Daniel’s hand and gave him her best smile, ”I’ll do everything that I can and then some, but for now try to relax. I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

Doctor Fraiser ordered medication to be given to Daniel and a close watch on him. If she is needed she will be out talking to General Hammond and the rest of the team.

Daniel, weak and exhausted from the extreme loss of blood he did his best to stay focused on Sam’s face. He licked his dry lips and reached for her face. His voice was barely audible as he said, “If I should die tonight, will you still love me tomorrow? Please Sam, it’s important that I know, you will always love me. Please tell me honestly, --will you still love me tomorrow, if I should die tonight?”

“I will always love you. Even to the end of time, my love, so don’t you ever doubt my love for you! Do you hear me?”

“Good, then tell Dr. Fraiser to do everything she can to save our baby. Don’t worry about me; just do what she has to, to save our baby.”

“Daniel, no, Oh God no, what are you saying? You’re not going to die, I won’t let you.”

“It’s alright, Sam, just take care of our children----.” Then he collapsed.

“NO!” She screamed. “ You can’t leave me and our son just like that you bastard! No please you can’t leave us, God no!” The EKG monitor blared. Dr. Fraiser and several nurses and technicians raced into the room.

“Get her out of here. Julie, I need a tracheal tube. Gerald, take over on the CPR. Barbara, let’s get that kid out of him now. Julie, get the paddles ready, as soon as the baby’s out, zap him, I want to get Daniel’s heart going on it’s own fast if we are to save him. Carol, get six more units of blood down here staat. Barbara, if you’re going to get that baby out now is the time. Let’s go!”

* * * * * * * *

An orderly half carried Sam out the waiting room where Jack helped her to a chair and held her while she sobbed. He rocked her and did his best to comfort her as she kept repeating, “That bastard can’t leave me and our baby. Doesn’t he know how much we need him?”

“He knows Sam, he knows,” Jack did his best to comfort here as he gently rocked her back and forth while her body was being racked with wave after wave of great heaving sobs. He tried to remind her that Daniel does love her and their baby and would never willingly leave them. General Hammond and Teal’C could only watch and fight back their own tears and feelings of frustration.

* * * * * * * *

“Janet, we won’t have much cutting to do, his pouch is almost completely ripped open. But there’s several bleeders here, if I could just get them clamped off, we can stop the worst of the bleeding.“

“Good, I’ll get the baby---everyone ready---clear”GO JULIE”

“It’s at 300,” zzzzap, “no good- go to 400-do it again-clear- dammit-again-500 jewels-clear. Got him-his heartbeat is weak but I’ll take it. OKAY folks let finish him and get them both out to ICU. How’s the baby doing?”

“He’s hanging in there too, just like daddy or is it mommy?” Dr. Barbara Wilkens was nervous. She didn’t like how tiny the newest member of Dr. Jackson’s family was. Babies that small usually don’t survive and right now all the odds were piling up against him.

* * * * * * * *

Sheer terror crossed Sam’s face as she tore from Jack’s comforting arms and ran to meet Dr. Fraiser as she came down the hall to speak with them. Jack, Teal’C and General Hammond quickly followed, the uncertainty showing on their faces.

Dr. Fraiser quickly explained to them what was happening. “Sam, you and Daniel have a son, three pounds and four ounces. Now his lungs are still a little immature. That means it will require him to be on a ventilator for a while. He’ll be kept in an incubator until he’s stronger, but so far both he and Daniel are hanging in there. Your newest son, Sam, I can tell you that he has the prettiest set of blue eyes I’ve ever seen, next to Daniel’s.

“Unfortunately I need to tell you that Daniel has slipped into a coma. We believe it may be some time before we will know when he’s out of danger. At this point we don’t know if he’ll wake up. Right now we’re just taking it minute by minute, and quite frankly he’s surprised us by making it this long.”

“I want to see Daniel and my baby!” Sam surprised everyone by this sudden outburst.

“Okay Sam, you can see them tomorrow, after you’ve had some rest you can see them for a few minutes.” Dr. Fraiser was worried about Sam’s state of mind at that moment. She felt Sam might be at her emotional breaking point.

“No, I want to see them NOW!” She demanded. She wondered if everyone had gone deaf or if they just didn’t understand her need to see for herself, her husband and son were still very much alive.

“OKAY Sam, come with me. Their right down here.” She spoke to Sam very calmly and quietly, like one would a very distraught child. Not wanting to upset her any more than she already was.

Sam was only half listening to what was being said. The day had been such an emotional roller coaster, that she just couldn’t take anymore.

“Sam, did you hear what I said?” Dr. Fraiser was examining Sams’ eyes for any hint that she comprehended what was being said.

“Yeah, uhm, I’d like to see my son, and uhm, you said I could see Daniel too, right?’

“Yes, I did, but, are you sure you don’t want to wait until tomorrow after you had some rest?”

“No, don’t you see that I need to see them tonight. I have to know they are all right. I can’t leave until I know for sure that they are going to be okay. You said I could see them.” It was all Dr. Fraiser could do to support most all of Sam’s weight. Jack rushed to Sam’s side to help support her as she stood next to the doctor.

“Alright Sam we’ll go look in on Daniel and your new baby.” Dr. Fraiser hoped her calm voice would help reassure Sam. They walked down the hallway to the Intensive Care Unit and to side of the littlest Jackson. She stood at the side of the incubator watching her son fighting for every breath.

“He’s so-tiny.” Her voice was barely audible above the sounds of the machines.

“Yes he is, but he’s strong and we think he will make it. You just have to believe it yourself.”

“Can I see Daniel now, please.” It was partly a whimper and partly a sob that came from her throat.

“Sure, he’s in the next room over here” Dr. Fraiser was watching for any sign of her giving up the emotional fight she was struggling to maintain at that moment. She wasn’t sure how she was managing to hold on.

Sam felt like she was being enveloped by a giant fog bank. It seemed to affect all of her senses, for she had great difficulty in feeling anything. Here she was looking down at this incredibly small infant, her baby, her baby that in all likelihood would soon die. Yet she could feel nothing. Her husband lies in a bed, but a few yards away; he in all likelihood would also very soon die; yet she again could feel nothing. She didn’t understand how this could be. She loved them both so much. She knew it would rip her heart out should anything happened to them. Then she felt her feet slowly moving towards the doorway to the other room where her husband lay.

She looked at her husband’s face. His face still looked so peaceful, no pain was evident. He looked pale, like he needed to get more sun. But he still looked like the sweet, handsome man she married, just a few short months ago.

“I want to stay.” Was all that Sam could manage to say.

“I’m afraid it won’t be possible. We’ll call you, if anything happens. Besides you need your rest.“ Dr. Fraiser was about to say something else when General Hammond cut her off.

“Dr. Fraiser, you and I know you run this hospital, and you also know that I run this military instillation, but out of common decency and as a friend, please, can you move the both of them into one room and let her stay with them. Please, I am not asking as a commander now, but as a friend.”

Dr. Fraiser put her hands in her pockets and looked first at the floor then at General Hammond. She waited a few seconds, then she answered, “As a friend, no, --but as a doctor, yes.”

They moved the newest member of the Jackson family in his father’s room and had another bed brought in for Sam.

They all knew her reasoning, but none wanted to voice it. They all left Sam sitting in a chair in between her two men. She was still sitting there when Dr. Fraiser came back half an hour later.

“Why don’t you lay down for a while Sam? You’ll be the first one to know if anything goes wrong.”

“Just for a little while, right?”

“Just for a little while.” Dr. Fraiser repeated and gave a little smile as she help Sam into bed.

When she returned to check on Sam and her two patients, exhaustion had finally over taken Sam. She adjusted the blanket to cover Sam’s shoulders, brushed her hair out of her eyes as she slept. After checking on her two patients, she quietly left them to sleep.
Chapter 10 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER TEN

A PARENTS LOVE

The light was so bright and mesmerizing, it blinded Daniel at first. Then his eyes slowly began to adjust. He looked around trying to figure out were he was and just how he got there. It was all so confusing to Daniel. He seemed to be moving; yet he wasn’t moving his legs. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt so warm and so loved.

There was something in the distance. He couldn’t quite make out what it was. All at once it seemed to be moving closer. It seemed to be taking humanoid shape. It was all so confusing to him, because now it looked like it was splitting into two humans. Now the two human shapes are turning into his parents! How can this be? It didn’t make any since. How can his parents be here? They’ve been dead for more than twenty years? It just didn’t make any since---unless---- he was dead also! He had to swallow a couple of times to get his courage up to ask, ”Am I, am I dead?”

“At this instance yes, you are dead.” His parents said in unison.

“Then, tell me truthfully, are you really my parents or just a figment of my dead imagination.” He folded his arms across his chest and took a couple of deep breaths, not really sure he wanted an answer.

“We were at one time your parents. Now we are your guardians in your lifetime, and your children’s lifetime guardians.” Again they jointly spoke.

“What happens now I am dead, do I just hang around for a couple of centuries doing nothing or am I suppose to go somewhere or do something or what?”

“Daniel, we must first ask you a question.”

“Mom, Dad, do you think only one of you could talk at a time? This is a little unnerving to have you both talking at the same time like this, this is a little weird here.” He was beginning to pace around, a little nervous habit he had picked-up over the years, since his parents death.

“Of course, son we meant no harm,” It was his mother singularly talking now. “It’s just something you do up here when you have been as close as we have been over the years.”

“What was it you needed to ask me?” His curiosity was peaked now. Just what could they need to know they didn’t already know about him?

“Daniel, do you love Samantha Carter?”

The question caught him off guard. “Yes I love her.”

“How much do you love her?”

“With all my heart. Just what is this line of questioning all about? Come on what gives?”

“Is it not true Daniel, you only married her because these Myosians forced you and Samantha Carter to and also intoxicated you both so you couldn’t resist the marriage ceremony?”

“It is true they intoxicated us, and forced us to marry, but it only made us realize that we truly do love each other no matter what the circumstances.” This line of questioning was beginning to disturb him.

“Then, it could be that you will stop loving her when the chemicals leave your body.”

“No, you see I had fallen in love with Sam, from the first time that I saw her, but I was married to Sha’uri and I chose to remain faithful to her and keep my love for Sam in my heart. But now I no longer have to.”

“Is it also true you have two children because of their medical manipulation of you and Samantha?”

“Yes mom, but what is this all about, why do you keep asking me the same thing over and over for? What’s the purpose of this line of questioning?”

“Daniel do you love your two sons?” It was his father speaking to him now.

“Yes, with all my heart, I love my sons and my new wife. I will always love them.”

“Then why do you want to leave them?” Both of his parents were questioning him this time.

“I don’t want to leave them, it was just my time to die or I wouldn’t be here right?”

“You had to want to leave them for you to be here now, instead of fighting to stay with them.”

“I did fight, but everything was stacked against me. I was so exhausted and I had lost so much blood, I even heard the doctors say they didn’t know what was keeping me alive. It was just my time.” As Daniel spoke, he was suddenly aware of the presence a very pretty blonde teenage girl. She had the most sparkling blue eyes that he could ever recall had joined them. Was he so engrossed in speaking with his parents that he just didn’t notice her arrival? How long was she here? Who is she? What were they whispering to each other about that that make her smile turned to the saddest face that he had seen in a very long time.

She approached him and asked ”Daddy why don’t you want me to be born? Don’t you want a little girl?”

Daniel was so shocked. It never occurred to him there might be other children involved.

“Oh, no I’m not going through another pregnancy, I can’t. My body just wouldn’t take it. I would love to have someone as beautiful as you for my daughter believe me, but my body just wouldn’t take another pregnancy. You see what this one did to me.”

She looked surprised at him and spoke,” Excuse me, but who said you would be the one to give birth to me?’

“Uh, no one, but I just thought---.

“Well, daddy, you thought wrong. We females normally are the ones to have the babies, remember?” She looked more like the adult than Daniel did at that moment.

Daniel’s father placed a hand on his shoulder and said to him, “My son, you need to go back, not only for your daughter sake, but without you, there will not be a great discovery in the future.”

“What great discovery are you talking about?” There was so many to choose from, Daniel couldn’t begin to fathom what it could be.

“What does it matter, you will not be their to discover it. Therefore it will remain undiscovered.” Daniel’s father was beginning to wonder just what would it take to get through to him. He could not comprehend where Daniel got his bull headedness from, his mother felt she knew instantly, but just try convincing her husband.

Then Daniel’s youngest son appeared in his arms. “Oh, no, know you see, son, without you there to give him words of encouragement, his little heart gave out. Without him, your world just lost a very important President, it will need him in the trouble times ahead.”

“My son, a president of the United States, I can’t believe it. Every parent dreams that someday, their child will be the next president.”

“He won’t be now, not with you gone. He won’t have a chance to get any older. And your Daughter won’t have a chance to help you with the world’s greatest discovery. All of it will never happen. William will never get to be chief justice of the Supreme Court. Now his future says he will spend most of his time in prison.”

“In prison, not my son, not with Sam as his mother.” He stated defiantly.

“Sam won’t be able to do anything about it. She will be too busy trying to make a living for the two of them and try to keep bailing him out of jail, that in it self was very hard on her. She lost interest in her career in the military. She worked two jobs most of the time; just trying to make ends meet.

“For you see, she doesn’t remarry. You were the one true love of her life, and then she lost you. And she never truly got over loosing little Timothy Alexander. How does any parent truly get over loosing a child? It will always tear at their heart to some degree.” His father hoped he was finally getting through to him just how much he was needed back home.

“Sam needs you to help her with your sons, and your sons need you very much in more ways you can count. Please, for their sakes go back. You will be back here again, but son, just not now. ”

“Timothy Alexander? Just were did that name come from?”

“Samantha had to name him something, so with the help from your friends, that was what they came up with.” His mother explained.

“No, no no, I can do better on coming up with a name for him than that.” Daniel turned to his son and said to him ”Don’t get used to the name your mom gave you son, I’ll come up with a better one. And if you plan on becoming president one day then you had better get to cracking those books Jonathan. That’s it! We’ll name you Jonathan Matthew. How do you like the name Jonathan Matthew? Is it all right with you, little one? ” Little Jonathan just smiled and cooed at Daniel and made him smile.

He turned back to his parents and cried, “I have missed you both so much. And I know I am going to miss you even more when I leave here, but I guess I will be gaining a lot more in the greater scheme of things.”

“Son, we are always with you. Always surrounding you with our love and protection. You can talk to us at anytime and to hear us, all you have to do is listen with your heart.”

He smiled and nodded his head yes he understood. Then he turned to his daughter and said,” A daughter uh, I guess I had better learn how to handle a baseball bat better than I do now. I know with your good looks, I am in for a whole lot of trouble.” He gave a little laugh and turned to leave. Just then his daughter ran up to him.

“Daddy, wait,” She stood up on her toes and gave him a kiss on his right cheek. “Remember that’s from me, Ariana.”

“Ariana? That’s what we named you? Kinda nice.” She smiled at him and replied, “No that’s what you named me, Ariana Elizabeth. Bye daddy, time is a wasting.”

“Elizabeth, I named you Elizabeth?”

“Yes son, you named her after me. I thought it was a beautiful, touching gesture. It made me very proud to give my name to such a beautiful girl. Not only is she beautiful in appearance, and in spirit, but most importantly in her heart. You have some of that in you son, and Sam has a lot in her too. We love you son, but it’s time for you and Jonathan to go back.” She knew if she didn’t rush him, it might be too late for him to return.

“I know so I’m saying “until I return always remember I love you.” His parents suddenly vanished in a blink of an eye. And just as quickly Daniel began to feel is body being pulled backward down this star lit tunnel that slowly turned black as a moonless night. There was a sudden return of all the excruciating pain he had felt before dying. He became aware of the sensation of a bed under him. There were sounds, too, voices and noise from machines, muffled but they were there, he was sure of that.
Chapter 11 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER ELEVEN

WELCOME HOME

“Daniel, Daniel, if you can hear me, I want you to know that William and I love you.” The voice seemed familiar but was so far away, he couldn’t be sure it was really there. Then he heard it again, only this time it seemed to be softly singing. The words sounded familiar, like he had heard them somewhere, but where? Wait a minute, it sounded like the song that Sam had sang to him that night they were on their balcony looking up at the stars. That night she finally convinced him she really did love him with or without the elixir. “Before you came into my life, I had never really lived my life. Because I love you so, I will never let you go. Please believe me that I love you.”

There it was again, but closer this time. And again, this time it sounded like it was coming from right next to him. Sam, was that Sam’s voice? Yes I think it is Sam’s voice. He tried to answer her, but came out was a croak. He tried again, but it was only a whisper.

Sam was sitting next to Daniel’s bed, as she had been the night before. Dr. Fraiser had come in to check on her two patients. She looked at their monitors, first one than the other, than back again and remarked, “ I can’t be believe it, I just can’t believe it. The monitors say their stronger today. That should be impossible so soon, but it clearly shows both of them have made definite improvement in just the last eight hours.”

Daniel was trying to tell Sam he heard her and he love her too.

“Did you see that, his lips moved? His lips moved!” Sam was holding Daniel’s hand. She turned to Dr. Fraiser and said, “Did you see that, I tell you his lips moved. He can hear me!”

Again he called to Sam, only this time louder. Not much louder, but it was sweet music to Sam’s ear. She was so happy; she was both laughing and crying all at the same time. “I hear you, Daniel, I can hear you. I love you sweetheart.”

“Daniel, if you can hear me open your eyes. Come on Daniel you can do it. Just open your eyes for me.” It was Dr. Fraiser trying to help Daniel regain consciousness.

It was a struggle, his eyes felt so heavy, but he managed to barely get them opened. He was so tired, but maybe if he could get them opened for just a little while Dr. Fraiser would stop yelling at him and let him rest. So he tried with all his might and finally managed to get them opened.

“Good boy, now can you focus on me. Come on Daniel you can do it, it will take a little work but you can do it. I know you can.” Dr. Fraiser was trying to give him all the encouragement she could, to see if he could understand what she was saying to him.

He turned his eyes towards her voice and looked at her, hoping she would just shut up and let him look at his loving wife once again.

“You’re doing great Daniel, just a couple more minutes and I’ll let you rest again, Okay” She was amazed at his recovery. The sheer will power it must have taken to recover this far. It truly was amazing.

“Daniel do you know who I am? Can you tell me who I am?” She hoped all his mental faculties were intact.

“Yes, you are Dr. Fraiser, and you keep yelling at me. Please shut up now, you’re giving me a headache.” His voice was barely audible, but very clear in its message.

“Daniel, I’m sorry but I had to know your brain is fully functioning again.”

“I’ll be the judge of whether or not his brain was ever fully functioning.” It was the voice of his friend Jack. It was good to know he wasn’t dreaming, his friends, Jack and Teal’C, really did rescue him.

Daniel was feeling exhausted right now and his eyes began to flicker. When Doctor Fraiser saw this she shooed everyone out so he could get some well-deserved rest.

Exhaustion over took him. It would be several hours before he would awaken again.

While Daniel slept, General Hammond gathered the rest of the SG-1 team and Doctor Fraiser in the conference room to discuss just exactly what had happened on that P2X108.

Doctor Fraiser began the questioning by asking the most important question.

“Okay, who would like to explain to me how Daniel became a statistic of an unwed mother- to- be?” Dr.Fraiser sat down, clasped her hands together and looked around the table.

There was an assortment of odd looks, but they turned to shock when Sam said, “He’s not an unwed mother- to- be. We were forced to marry on P2X108. He’s my husband and the marriage elixir they gave us to drink at the ceremony caused me to impregnate him. Evidently the role is reversed on that planet.

“Technically, we are married, since Daniel and I went through the marriage ceremony that is normal for that planet. I’m just not sure how it stands here on Earth.” She clasped her hands and looked down at the table, not quite sure of the response she would receive from the others.

“It seemed the males were the ones capable of bearing children and the females were the egg donors so to speak. They took over all the normal female roles, such as carrying the unborn child. They carried the child in an inner pouch in their abdomens during the first months of pregnancy. Then during the last month, the child moved to the outer pouch to await birth. They took over the female normal roles of bearing the children, did the entire child raising, cooking, cleaning, everything, they were treated like Second class citizens. While the females were the providers, police force, and everything. It was a typical female dominated society. It seemed the male population was dying off, which caused a rift in the social climate. Males who were capable of producing one healthy male child after another were highly prized. That’s why there was such a fight to keep Daniel and me there. Apparently our children were the healthiest male children they had had in years. Daniel was a hot commodity. All the territories were after him.”

“Well, who would have thought old Danny boy would cause such a ruckus on a foreign planet.” Jack couldn’t help himself from saying that. It was worth the ‘better behave’ look from General Hammond.

“That would explain those odd pouches I found on Daniel. We weren’t sure about the outer one, but we figured the inside one acted like the male version of a uterus. We just had theories about the outer one and how they formed on him and why. But that would give us a clue. Unfortunately, with all the blood loss he suffered, there is not enough of his original blood left to analyze what composed that elixir. Both pouches are so badly damaged we don’t expect to get as much data from them as we would like. We hope to get some data from your sample too, Sam. We just hope that the effects don’t wear off too quickly once you are away from that planet.”

“And now for the second most important question of the day folks. All of you originally were gone for five days. Now explain to me how, the two of you managed to get married and have two children. Albeit one was born here and from what I understand, premature. How did this manage to happen? Because quite frankly, folks I am at a loss for words.” General Hammond didn’t mince his words when he wanted an explanation to something totally confusing to him like this mission.

“Well sir, the best explanation I can figure out is the cave we went through had a reverse black hole. The further away you were from it after you cross over the iris the faster time speeded up. If I calculated it correctly, for every hour on this side of the portal it is equal to thirty-six days on the other side. That’s the only plausible explanation I can come up with. Once you passed the electrical field, everything started speeding up. But, once you were back on this side, it slowed down.” She gave a matter of fact look that said it all.

No one could come up with a better explanation than she already gave. And no one even tried.

“Well folks I guess for now that will wrap it up. I’ll expect to see everyone’s report on my desk by noon tomorrow.” General Hammond turned to Sam and said, “By the way, my housekeeper is having the time of her life looking after William. Since she doesn’t have any grandchildren and I rarely see my two, it gives her a chance to pretend. Don’t worry we will be glad to care for him as long as you need us. It is a pleasure to have him around.”

“Thank you sir, it will make it easier for me right now with Daniel and our newest child in the hospital. I’m just not sure how long I might have to impose on you and your housekeeper sir.” She hated to impose, especially with the babysitter being her commander, but it was helping her out a great deal.

“Nonsense, I don’t want you to think another thought about it. As I said, my housekeeper is having a ball with your son and you are welcomed to stay with us to be closer to William. So both of you stay as long as you need to and don’t give it another thought, and that is an order Major. So please don’t worry about it. ” With that said he walked her out of the conference room.

* * * * * * * *

When Daniel next awoke, Sam filled him in on everything that happened since they arrived back on Earth. He asked her, “How is Jonathan doing?”

Sam gave Daniel a puzzled look and asked, “Just who is Jonathan?”

“Jonathan is our newest son.”

She asked, “Why, don’t I get a say in naming him.”

“Because I don’t care for the name of Timothy Alexander.”

“How did you know I was considering that name for our son? I thought it was a cute name at the time I came up with it.”

“Now come on Sam it not that cute,” he replied.

“You know something that I just discovered Daniel, it’s when you are not feeling well, you can be a bear, and I use that word for lack of having the freedom to use a more eloquent word at the moment.”

“I’m not that bad Sam. And besides you would be too if you went through what I have just gone through. By the way, where is William?”

She explained to him, “General Hammond and his housekeeper graciously offered to help care for him while you and Jonathan are in the hospital and I have to return to work. They both were grateful for the opportunity to practice their grand parenting skills.”

“Sam when we have a daughter, I thought that we might name her Ariana Elizabeth.”

“After you just reminded me of what you just went through you can think of us having another child, and a girl I may add. And you’re already picking out a name for her without consulting me again on it. You are really something Daniel, do you know that.” She was having a difficult time figuring out Daniel at that moment.

Several days later, little Jonathan was well enough to be out of the incubator and to have several visitors.

Doctor Fraiser was happy to lead the welcoming party to the nursery. “This way to the nursery, folks,” she said as she lead them down the corridor and into Daniel’s room.

“Well congratulations little momma, Danny boy.” Jack handed Daniel the wrapped gift he had brought with him. Then he pulled back the blanket to reveal the adorable face of Sam and Daniel’s newest baby peacefully sleeping in Daniel’s arms.

“Thank you, Jack. Would you like to hold him for a minute?” Daniel proffered raising the sleeping child to Jack.

“No- that’s okay I wouldn’t want to wake him.” Stammered Jack who was just a little unsure about seeing his friend lying in a hospital bed, holding a baby he, not his wife or girlfriend, had given birth to. It made him shutter to think what this world was coming to.

“Where’s Teal’C? I don’t see Teal’C.” Daniel was a little concerned his friend Teal’C hadn’t stopped by to see him yet. Maybe something just had detained him.

“Well you see he’s still having trouble reconciling the fact that you have given birth to not one but two babies in such a short time span. It gives him the heebee geebees. And quite frankly it does me too, but I’m a little stronger than he his right now.” He didn’t want to say that to his friend but hey, somebody had to. Man it just isn’t natural for a guy to be giving birth to kids like that. It made Jack shutter just to think about it.

“Maybe he won’t, but I would love to hold the newest member of the SG-1 team.”

“General Hammond, its good to see you again, sir.” Daniel welcomed the intrusion at that moment.

“General Hammond, by all means.” Sam reached down and gently picked up her sleeping son and laid him in the generals’ arms. The General smiled, as he looked at the sweet little face. He softly stroked the baby’s face and felt the soft little hands.

“What have you decided to name the child?” he asked.

“Well, that’s what we wanted to talk to all of you about.” Daniel winced as he shifted into a more comfortable sitting position and began again, “ We would like to baptize our first son, William George Jack Teal’C Fraiser Jackson, with all of your permissions of course. Our second son will be baptized Jonathan Matthew.” Daniel smiled at the surprised look on his friends’ faces.

“With the utmost pleasure,” beamed General Hammond.

Jack thought for a minute then replied “That will be a mouthful for that first son of yours, but I guess it will do, but you know Jack William George Teal’C Fraiser sounds better?”

Teal’C made a surprise entrance at that moment much to the pleasure of Daniel. “We’ll take that into consideration, Jack. Teal’C what about you?”

“I would be most honored to share my name with your first born child, Daniel Jackson and Major Carter. I would also like to apologize for my behavior on the planet. It was unprofessional. But it was truly unavoidable for me.”

“It’s forgotten already Teal’C. I forgave you the moment it happened. Please don’t give it another thought.” It was in the past and Daniel had totally forgiven his friend.

“How is our littlest patient doing?” Dr. Fraiser asked as she re- entered the room.

“He’s doing just fine!” Sam and Daniel said in unison.

“Good because both of these patients will be discharge tomorrow. I need the beds for patients that are really sick.” She smiled at the surprised looks on their faces.

“Don’t worry Major Carter, Dr. Fraiser and I have already talked it over and the four of you are moving into my home until these two are well enough to be on their own. No ifs, ands, or buts, is that clearly understood?” He wanted to be as firm as he could to make them understand that he was enjoying their company and it was no imposition on him or his housekeeper.

“Thank you sir that will be a big help to us, thank you.” She didn’t know what to think, but it would be a big help.
Chapter 12 by Sandy Morrow
CHAPTER TWELVE

BACK TO WORK
Two months later Daniel was well enough to go back to work. He couldn’t believe how the time had flown. He fell in love with being home with their children, and wasn’t quite sure he should leave them in the capable hands of Mrs. Harold, General Hammonds housekeeper.

She seemed to be flourishing from taking care of the boys and occasionally Daniel too. He imagined that it must be what it would have been like to have his own mother around helping out if she had lived. She would have loved being around the boys and Sam. She and Sam would have gotten along so well since they have so much in common.

But the big day arrived for Daniel’s first mission away from the children. Daniel put on his reconnaissement gear and getting ready to walk up the embarkment ramp and to the iris, when he suddenly stopped and turned to Sam, “I can’t do this. I can’t leave the boys Sam they still need me. It will be too traumatic if both of us leave them for the entire length of this mission. Since you are in better health than I am, I logically should be the one to stay behind and care for them.”

“Oh really, Daniel? We have been going over this for the last two weeks. You are in perfect health now. The children are just fine with Mrs. Harold; you are driving every one crazy, especially me. Now there are no ifs, ands or buts, you will get your butt up that ramp and you will go through the iris with the rest of us. You will complete this mission to the best of your ability, do you hear me mister?”

She couldn’t help it if she sounded like a madman right now, but she just had had it with his preoccupation with the boys. She loved them too, but enough was enough.

“But our children still need me.” Daniel insisted again.

“No they don’t.” Sam tried to be as firm as she could without getting violent with him. “What they need is time away from you. You are smothering them. Now get on that ramp or I will drag you up that ramp any way that I can. Now march! General Hammond and his housekeeper are taking excellent care of them. They will be fine until we come back, so stop worrying about them. They won’t forget you in the short time we will be gone.”

“Are you sure they won’t forget me,” he asked? Daniel was uncertain of how an infant’s mind worked.

“Yes I am sure. Now get a move on it. You’re holding us up.”

“Thank you, Major Carter for getting him up the ramp and through the event horizon. Quite frankly he was beginning to piss me off!” General Hammond was grateful that was finally over.

“No problem sir.” She replied and followed her husband through the iris.

Jack turned to Teal’C and says, “You can pay me the twenty bucks when we return. Oh and remind me to never piss her off.”

Teal’C slightly raised his left eyebrow and answers “It will be a pleasure to remind you most often.” Then they walk through the event horizon to join Daniel and Sam on the other side. Unsure of what new adventure awaits them.

The End
This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/mufa-mpreg/viewstory.php?sid=179