A Child's Innocence by Diayma
Summary: Due to a misunderstanding, Rodney McKay gets turned into a child. He immediately latches upon John. Due to it...John begins to learn more about Rodney McKay then he ever thought possible...and so does Atlantis herself.
Categories: Stargate: Atlantis Characters: Aiden Ford, Carson Beckett, Ensemble, John/Rodney, Original Character(s), Other Male
Genres: None
Warnings: Angst, AU, Brain-Insane, Child Abuse, H/C, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, m/m, Non- Con, WIP
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 3856 Read: 1941 Published: 06/11/2012 Updated: 06/11/2012
Story Notes:
Main Pairings: John Shepperd/Rodney McKay, Aiden Ford/OMC, Beckett/Hallen

Stargate Atlantis with information from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Katagaria/Arcadian world.

Author's Notes: I own..NOTHING but a few made up characters. Information about Katagarias and Arcadians belong to Sherrilyn Kenyon, a truly superb writer. Read her books if you're into the supernatural! Also, my Zelenka is very different from the TV and Fanon Zelenka. He's a bastard for a reason.

Author's Note 2: I DO NOT WRITE PEDOPHILE SEX. DO NOT EXPECT A SEX SCENE BETWEEN CHILD MCKAY AND ADULT JOHN, OR CHILD MCKAY/ANYONE. Just making that clear now. I've been asked that before when this idea first popped in my head.

Author's Note 3: My first Stargate fic ever. Feedback would be greatly welcomed.

1. Chapter 1 by Diayma

2. Chapter 2 by Diayma

3. Chapter 3 by Diayma

Chapter 1 by Diayma
Prologue: Little Rodney McKay

Major John Shepperd stares, as does his teammates, at the seven-year-old Rodney McKay who whimpers softly and immediately ducks behind a statue. Or tries to, as he trips over the too big pants. Crying out, mainly from shock, Rodney immediately silences, eyes darting around in fear, as if afraid of someone or something. "What. Happened?" growls John as Teyla Emmagen gently kneels infront of little Rodney. Rodney looks up at her with his big blue eyes and every 'mothering' instinct inside her clamors to protect him. "He defiled the Gods' resting place!" snarls Relina, the Priestess of the Uythosians. The other priestesses nod their agreements, as does the various priests, except for one.

"He did not!" protests Reke, a newly arrived Priest from the neighboring village of Ferim, held in high esteem by the village Elders. "Dr. McKay stumbled upon the temple and as he was leaving, *you* cursed him."

"He had no right to be near the Temple," declares Relina.

"It wasn't done as a transgression!" Reke all but roars. "It was a simple mistake, which I know the Gods' would understand!'

"We're taking him back." John declares coldly as Teyla gently picks up Rodney, now clad only in the oversized blue t-shirt. His pants have been stuffed into his pack, which Teyla also carries. Lieutenant Aiden Ford is watching the Uythosians warily. John just watches as the people his Katagaria side has imprinted as 'pack' head back to the Puddle Jumper. As soon as Teyla and Aiden are out of sight and out of hearing range with Rodney, John turns to face the Uythosians.

"We do not want your kind here," snarls Relina. John just smirks before sending Relina crashing into the wall with a shove of magickal power. The Uythosians stare at him in shock, surprise, and fear, while Reke just rolls his eyes, mainly at Relina's thick-headedness as she stands. "Demon!"

"No," smirks John. "Katagaria."

"The Gods, if you remember right, Relina." Reke all but sneers. He then turns to face John, his tone changing to respect. "Lord of Katagarias, would you mind if a lowly priest like myself accompanied you to Atlantis?"

"You may come," says John, aiming a glare at the other priests and priestesses as they move to object. "Be warned, we will more than likely never return."

"I count myself lucky if that is the case," says Reke. "I do not want to be with such closed minded fools as these."

"Then follow me and keep up," growls John. His animal is clamouring to protect Rodney. Just this morning he and Rodney finally admitting their feelings towards each other and actually had sex before Weir called them for a mission. Unfortunately, the Mating Mark didn't appear on Rodney's hand at all.

"Major?" asks Teyla as he enters with Reke.

"What?" barks John, his temper getting the best of him.

"We found a strange mark on Rodney's palm," says Aiden seconds before little Rodney launches himself at John, clutching his leg. John kneels, causing little Rodney to giggle softly he is inadvertantly tickled. Fear then enters his eyes but before it can take root, John gently grabs Rodney's wrist and a huge sigh of relief is expelled. There, seemingly to be tattooed on, is the Mating Mark which lists John's Katagaria heritage in symbols, and which also, faintly, causes Rodney to smell like him. There are three more Katagaria's on Atlantis, and five Arcadians. To his knowledge, John is the only one who is a Sentinel. Aiden, of course, is one of the Arcadians but having yet to see a Mate Mark, nor knowing how to read it, has no clue what is means.

"It's a Mate mark Ford," hisses John softly, so that only Aiden can hear him. Aiden's eyes widen as he watches John gently pull little Rodney into his arms. Little Rodney goes unprotestingly, looking at John, Aiden, and Teyla, surprise, and a little fear in his eyes.

"We're nearing the Gate," says Radek Zelenka from the pilot's chair, startling them all.

"When did you get here?" growls John.

"He's been here," says Aiden. "I guess I forgot he was here."

"Oh thanks," says Radek rolling his eyes.

"Zelenka, just a question," says Aiden as he gets up and sits down in the co-pilot's chair. "But why are you such a bastard?"

"Leave it Ford!" barks John before Radek answers. Aiden holds up his hands in apology before quieting as they go through the Gate, Radek having already given the GDO.

"This is going to be hell," remarks Aiden dryly. "Who's going to explain this to Weir?"

"Shepperd," says Radek and Teyla as one. He growls but nods, little Rodney just watching them all warily.
Chapter 2 by Diayma
Author's Notes:
Dedication: To Ellie and Brooke, the only two people I can count on when RL sucks.
A Child’s Innocence, Chapter Two: Katagaria and Arcadian Explanation

Dr. Elizabeth Weir, seeing Major Sheppard walking into the Gate Room with a young child, an apparent native of the Uythosians, Zelenka, and Ford, groans to herself. It was too much to hope that they would stay out of trouble. Not seeing McKay, Elizabeth’s eyes narrow and she waits for them to enter her office. As the door shuts behind them, giving them the illusion of privacy, she doesn’t miss Aidan’s or John’s protective postures over the seven-year-old. The Uythosian just stands behind John submissively, as if awaiting orders. Radek leans against the wall, his posture uncaring but his eyes betray his façade, as evident by the concern in his eyes everytime he looks at the child.

“Major?” Elizabeth asks coolly, her eyes taking in everyone’s reactions in a spilt second.

”Weir.” John replies. Aidan and Radek tense while the Uythosian grabs his staff tightly.

“Would you care to explain what happened with the Uythosians?” asks Elizabeth.

”We were in the middle of negotiations for food and water when Relina, their Head Priestess, handed us McKay and told us it was punishment for trespassing upon their Sacred Temple,” says John. “The child in my lap is Rodney McKay as a seven-year old.”

”WHAT?!” roars Elizabeth, leaping to her feet, uncaring of the fact she was most likely heard by all of Atlantis. “Why?!”

”Jealousy,” says the Uythosian quietly.

”And you are?” asks Elizabeth a bit coldly as her office doors open and Teyla walks in. She immediately places herself beside Elizabeth, not to choose sides, but to keep her lover calm.

”I am Reke, High Priest of my Village,” says the Uythosian quietly. “I voluntarily left my homeworld when I learned about their corruption.”

”Corruption?” asks Elizabeth, John, Aidan, Radek, and Teyla together. Little Rodney is quiet, holding onto John’s shirt tightly but watching everyone except Teyla and John warily. He knows Teyla and John mean safety, they proved it to him. The others haven’t.

”The Soul-Eaters,” clarifies Reke.

”The Wraith?” asks Radek.

“We call them Soul-Eaters. Almost all the villages are their allies and thus the Soul Eaters leave them with enough people to keep their villages sparsely populated. Those that don’t become allies are wiped out of existence.” Reke says. “Of my village, I am the only survivor.”

”How do we go about reversing McKay?” asks Aidan.

”The good news is that Relina’s particular spell won’t last longer than three weeks. The bad news is that he won’t remember anything the day took place. He will never remember this particular day when he becomes an adult again,” says Reke. “That safeguard was put in place to keep others from attempting the spell on their own.”

”He won’t remember ANYTHING about today?” asks John quietly.

”Not to my knowledge.” Reke says apologetically. “No one else has.”

”No one else is Mated,” says John before gasping as a burning sensation is felt on his palm. Holding up his hand, he sees the Mate Mark on his palm, giving his heritage and status among his own clan on Earth, and his clan here on Atlantis.

”It showed,” says Aidan. At only 100, this is the first Mating he has seen that has been chosen by the Moirae, or the Fates.

”Major, what is that?” asks Elizabeth.

”A Mating Mark,” says Radek before John or Aidan can explain. “Major Sheppard and Rodney are Soul Mates. That Mark basically tells everyone who knows how to read it that they’re destined.”

”How would you know?” asks Aidan shrewdly.

”Child, I am 300 years older than you,” says Radek a bit coldly. “I am a Katagaria Sentinel.”

”Which Clan?” asks John.

”The Leopard Clan,” says Radek.

”I am the Katagaria Aristos of the Drakos Clan,” says John.

”*WHAT* is going on?!” yells Elizabeth, her patience at it’s end.

“We’re were-animals,” says Aidan simply. “We have the power to transform into a chosen animal and during the Full Moon, we can time travel if we want.”

”We can also use magic,” says Radek. “Some are better than others, and some are a lot more powerful.”

”Major Sheppard is the strongest,” says Reke softly.

”I’m a Dragon,” sighs John.

”Dragon?” asks Rodney near silent, but John, Aidan, and Radek easily hear.

”Yeah, a dragon,” says John looking down at Rodney. “Maybe I’ll show you one day.”

”And you two?” asks Teyla intrigued.

”Wolf,” says Aidan.

”Leopard,” says Radek.

”There are about six more on Atlantis. Four Arcadians and three Katagaria,” says John.

”Arcadians? Katagaria?” asks Elizabeth.

”Arcadians are were-animals ruled by their human side, Katagaria are were-animals ruled by their animal side,” says Aidan.

”Alright,” begins Elizabeth. “Lemme get this straight. Somehow, humans and animals merged and became were-animals. Some ended up becoming ruled by their animal side, and others by their human side?”

”King Lycaon married a woman who would end up dying on her twenty-seventh birthday. Because he didn’t want to see his children suffer through that, he spliced their genes with animals-wolves, panthers, tigers, dragons, etc, thus causing them to live for nearly a thousand years. The Arcadians consider themselves humans while the Katagaria consider themselves animals,” says Radek. “Instead of being allies, as they should’ve been, the Fates sent Eris, Goddess of Discord, and had her sew the seeds of distrust between them. It worked. To this day, the Arcadians consider themselves better than the Katagaria and will kill any Katagaria they see.”

”Is this a problem?” growls Elizabeth.

”Not on Atlantis,” grins Aidan. “Due to necessity, Arcadians and Katagaria here joined to form one weird Pack. John here is the Alpha male, per say.”

“Mainly because I’m the only Dragon here,” drawls John.

”Ise wanna see,” whispers Rodney heartbroken. In a spilt second, Aidan becomes an arctic wolf while Radek turns into a black leopard. Walking up to Rodney, Aidan licks his hand and to everyone’s shock, Rodney giggles. Hopping onto the chair that Aidan vacated, Radek nuzzles Rodney’s chest carefully.

”Were-animals,” sighs Elizabeth as Teyla grins. “I’ll deal with that later. The most pressing engagement is Rodney.”

”He stays with me,” says John, his tone brooking no argument.

”Get him checked by Beckett,” says Elizabeth. “And Major, I want you and all these…Arcadians and Katagaria in the meeting room in five hours. Find someone to watch over Rodney during that time.”

”I will be honored,” offers Teyla before John can protest. Radek and Aidan quickly switch back.

“And you,” says Elizabeth turning to Reke. “Will stay with Lieutenant Ford after you get checked by Beckett. Dismissed!”

”Well…that went well,” remarks Aidan after he, John, Radek, and Reke leave, Rodney in John’s arms. Teyla has stayed behind.

”Who is this ‘Beckett?’” asks Reke curiously as they head down to the Infirmary.

”Our doctor,” says John. “Radek, go get Kavanaugh, Heightmeyer, Bates, and the others and have them meet us in five hours. Aidan, from this point on, you are going to be with Rodney when I cannot be, understand?”

”Yes, sir,” says Aidan as Radek switches forms and runs down the hallway. As they reach the Infirmary, they see Beckett looking into a microscope.

“Hey, Beckett, we got people you need to check,” drawls John. Beckett looks up and blinks at seeing Rodney.

”And who’s he?” asks Beckett.

“Rodney, meet Dr. Beckett. Beckett, this is Rodney.” John says bemused. Rodney clutches John’s shirt tighter as Beckett passes out, landing on the floor with a thud.

~TBC~

A/N: If the Arcadian/Katagaria explanation confuses you more, email me privately and i'll try to explain it better.

"Well I don't wanna meet the *bird* that can knock a door off a jetliner. I thought they were extinct!" -Bill Engvall

"I got off cigarettes by using the patches...got off the patches by using cigars...got off cigars by using crack...so i'm pretty much tobacco free now." -Bill Engvall

Warning: Do not operate heavy machinery or navigate the slipstream while under the influence of this beverage-Sparky Cola Label (291 AFC)
Chapter 3 by Diayma
"I will take him Major," intones Teyla and only his quick reflexes keep him from jumping in shock and dropping Rodney. Teyla is one of the few people on Atlantis that can completely sneak up upon him without giving away her prescence. "You have the meeting to go to after all,"

"This will only take an hour," says John as he carefully hands Rodney over to Teyla, making sure they don't wake him up. John didn't like the slight bruises on Rodney's arms or the fact that he could see Rodney's ribs when Carson was examining him. "I'll leave if it takes longer,"

"As you should," says Teyla with a soft smile. "Rodney needs you now more than Atlantis does."

John smiles at that, knowing now that no matter what, nothing'll break up the team. Teyla would probably beat them with her sticks if they tried.

"Now go," says Teyla. "Rodney and I shall be in my quarters. I do believe it will more pleasant for him to wake up to than the harshness of yours."

"Touche Teyla," says John with a laugh before taking off towards the designated Briefing Room. Though his dragon protests the abandonment of his mate so soon, both sides know that Teyla is a worthy protector in lieu of John himself. As he reaches the room, he stops in the doorway and just looks at everyone who has assembled. It seems the only one that hasn't arrived is Kavanaugh. Elizabeth, of course, has commandeered the one seat that'll allow her to see everyone at the same time and it just spreads out from them. Heightmeyer and Allenbee are on either side of Elizabeth while Bates, Gaul, and Adams are sitting infront of Elizabeth. Matthews and Castril on are Allenbee's left side while Radek, Aiden, and Carson are between Bates and Heightmeyer.

"You're a Hunter?" asks Castril with a sneer.

"Dragon Aristos, Katagaria," drawls John. "Label yourselves, now."

"Dragon Arcadian," says Carson.

"Leopard Sentinel, Katagaria," says Radek a bit coldly.

Aiden grins at Radek's tone. "Wolf. Arcadian,"

"Leopard, Arcadian," says Bates.

"Arcadian Bear," says Heightmeyer and many of them wince. Bears are not ones to mess with, especially when they're mad. To date, only dragons have come out of any battle with bears alive. However, it does explain why Heightmeyer is so patient.

"Katagaria Tiger," says Gaul.

"Arcadian Cougar," grins Adams before he and Gaul snicker. John rolls his eyes, well acquianted with their shinanigans due to Rodney.

"Katagaria Cougar," says Allenbee with a grin at Adams. He laughs.

"Katagaria Bear," says Matthews causing another collective wince.

"Arcadian Tiger," says Castril, still glaring at John.

"Well...why have ye called this meeting Elizabeth?" asks Carson before any fights can break out between counterparts...though he's not sure on the bears. They've always seemed to get along despite the hatred that usually exists between Arcadian and Katagaria counterparts.

"How secret does this have to be?" asks Elizabeth.

"Honestly, i'm not sure," says John. "Usually on Earth it's kept secret except from one's Mate because you're never really sure what reaction you'll get from humans."

"However, since most of the human personnel on Atlantis have dealed with the Goa'uld, and now the Wraith...they may be more open-minded about it than most would," says Heightmeyer. "Though I would wait on that for now. We have more pressing engagements,"

"True," acknowledges Elizabeth. "Alright...what exactly are your powers? I know you all can time travel under the full moon..."

"Hmm...honestly? We can do pretty much anything we want," says Allenbee. "We don't have limitations on what we can and can't do except for the time travel. That is only during full moons,"

"I don't have that limitation," says John. "As an Aristos, i'm unparalled in power."

"So you are one of those rare Hunters," says Radek more to himself.

"And the feuds?" asks Elizabeth.

"Will be ended on Atlantis," says John and there is no doubt that they will end. "There's too few of us to continue the feuds and we have other things to worry about."

"Lifespans? Mates?"

"Traditionally...we can live to about a thousand years old," says Gaul. "Our Mates, once found, will share that. They will die when we die."

"Why has this come out now?" asks Castril. "What brought us to your attentions?"

"Nearly six hours ago, Dr. McKay was turned into a child by the Uythosians," says Elizabeth. "As he did, the Mate Mark appeared on his palm, which I confronted Major Sheppard about,"

"Yes, Rodney is my Mate," says John coldly.

"Why aren't you with him?" asks Heightmeyer concerned. "We don't abandon our mates, especially if they're in trouble,"

"Teyla's with him," says John. He and Elizabeth barely hold back their laughter as Radek, Aiden, Carson, Bates, Gaul, Adams, Heightmeyer, Allenbee, Matthews, and Castril wince. More than once have some of them gotten on Teyla's nerves and they haven't forgotten her retaliation.

"Are we sure she's not a Were?" asks Matthews rubbing the back of his neck.

"Positive," says John. "She's purely human...well, human and wraith."

"Do the Wraith know about you?" asks Elizabeth. The Wraith could potentially survive on the Weres for decades if they ration it correctly.

"No," says John emphatically. "And they won't. We can always hide ourselves from them because they cannot sense magic. I know, i've done it quite a few times."

Meanwhile in Teyla's quarters, Rodney is fast asleep on Teyla's bed while she is talking quietly to Hallen, her fingers gently brushing through Rodney's hair.

"This is absurd!" protests Hallen quietly. "The Uythosians have never been this cruel. You and I both know Relina was never like this Teyla!"

"I know," says Teyla calmly. "However, I saw her vindictiveness with my own eyes Hallen. It seems she has forgotten her Athosian roots."

"Mama," murmurs Rodney in the silence following Teyla's statement. Looking down at Rodney, Teyla smiles. Rodney has curled up against her pillow, clutching it tightly, his head resting against her thigh.

"You're safe Rodney," says Teyla soothingly. "Relax now."

Rodney murmurs again, a soft sound of contentment, before falling deeper into sleep.

"He is protected here," says Hallen.

"Yes, he is," says Teyla before looking Hallen dead in his eyes. "Do spread it among the refugees. I have not missed their contempt towards him."

"Nor have I," says Hallen, "However, we do not have to do anything."

"Oh?" asks Teyla.

"That scientist...a Dr. Kavan?" asks Hallen.

"I believe you mean Dr. Kavanaugh?" asks Teyla.

"Ah yes," says Hallen. "Him. I saw him dressing down some of the refugees we saved when they began showing their contempt towards Dr. McKay. I do not believe he saw me."

"He confuses me," says Teyla honestly. "He is cruel towards everyone including Major Sheppard and Elizabeth, and yet he protects us when we do not know."

"I have heard from Wex that Dr. Kavanaugh is hiding something that happened to him," says Hallen. "Maybe he believes he is alone here."

"That will change," says Teyla. "I do not believe he will be alone much longer...especially if Sergeant Bates has his way."

"He is awake," says Hallen as he sees Rodney looking up at him and Teyla in confusion and wariness.

"Hello Rodney," says Teyla warmly. "Do you remember me?"

"Y-You're the nice lady," says Rodney quietly. "W-Where's Dragon?"

"Dragon?" asks Hallen.

"I believe you mean Major Sheppard," says Teyla. "He is in a meeting with Dr. Weir,"

"Oh," says Rodney softly before looking at Hallen. "Who are you?"

"I am Hallen," says Hallen.

"Hallen." Rodney states before just looking at the two. He can't understand why he feels safe around them and Major Sheppard when he's never felt safe before. "Where's Mama and Papa?"

"Gone," says Teyla.

"Good?" asks Rodney. Teyla nods and Rodney frowns. He's smarter than people believe and knows they're lying to him about something. He can't figure out what though. Looking back up at Teyla, Rodney frowns again before becoming confused as Teyla and Hallen try not to laugh. "What's so funny?"

"You remind us of a friend of ours," says Teyla truthfully. If what Rodney told her about his childhood is true, then this seven year old Rodney is just as smart as the adult Rodney. "And that is a good thing Rodney."

"I wanna see Major Sheppard," says Rodney.

"Of course," says Teyla before getting up and picking Rodney up. Rodney curls up against her, surprised and pleased by the gesture. Mama never held him so protectively, or so loved.

Back in the Briefing Room, John is sitting between Radek and Aiden, rubbing his temples. They've gone from explaining the Katagaria/Arcadian ways to Elizabeth to a fighting match. Luckily, no one has gone to fists yet. It's all verbal.

"Fuck you Gaul," snarls Castril. "You're *Katagaria*! No *Arcadian* would e-"

"I believe you should quit Lieutenant Castril," says Teyla as she enters, Rodney in her arms and awake. Kneeling, she lets Rodney go and he runs to John, all but leaping into his arms. Slowly, Rodney relaxes in John's arms, something telling him he's now safe. "No one appreciates hypocrites or bigots."

"You promised," declares Rodney to John in the silence following Teyla's statement, causing Radek, Aiden, Gaul, Adams, and Carson to stifle their laughter.

"That I did," says John standing. "Do you want to come Teyla?"

"No, I believe I shall stay here," says Teyla. "Rodney has taken to Hallen though, if you don't mind taking him along."

"Nah," says John. He turns to face the Katagarias and Arcadians in the room. "The meeting's adjourned and if I hear of any fighting, i'll send you to the mainland for a month with your powers binded." He walks out of the room.

"I need to go hunt down Kavanaugh," mutters Radek as he stands. "With Rodney gone, we'll have to work twice as hard." He leaves, Gaul, Adams, and Carson following not even a minute later. Aiden shrugs and gets up. He left Reke with some Athosians which probably wasn't the best idea. Heightmeyer, Allenbee, Matthews, and Castril go their own seperate ways, leaving Elizabeth and Teyla in the room alone.

"I believe Atlantis will never be the same again," says Teyla with a soft smile causing Elizabeth to laugh.

~TBC~
This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/mufa-mpreg/viewstory.php?sid=155