Chapter 6 – Black Bonding magic + making plans


Draco found his arms winding around Harry. One arm wrapped around his back and the other was sliding down to cup his ass. As his palm was filled by the perfect globe, a small moan escaped Harry's throat and the kiss ended. They stood ensconced in each other's arms, their magic crackling in the air with visible strands of gold and silver dancing around them. "What's that?" Harry asked in an unsteady voice, still panting from the kiss.

"Bonding magic," Draco whispered as a memory drifted to him from a rhyme his mother once told him. In a trance like state Draco recited it, as it rose up from the cobwebs of his mind.

True love comes in many ways
But only one to the Noble House of Black
Though 'tis a stranger to us now-a-days

Strands of gold and silver magic, are said to announce the arrival of love that's true
It will wrap around the both of you
And your first kiss will be its cue

Your magic will combine giving you both the force of two
If only to each other you stay true
If love's betrayal kills it all, then the binds shall die
But if love grows then eternal bliss is nigh

Once sealed this love shall never end
No matter if once enemies or only friend
This love shall then conquer all or so it is said
Not seen for millennia, is true love dead?

"Draco?" Harry's arms and hands were shaking.

"Granger," Draco replied, moving his hands from Harry's ass to his hips instead.

Harry nodded. "Right, I'll ask Hermione. She can find out. You know her… the perpetual bookworm."

"Harry," Draco said in a teasing voice.

"She's standing right behind me isn't she?"

"Perpetual bookworm?!" Hermione's voice went right through Harry. "Humph!" She turned all her attention to Draco with a smile. "I take it that you took my advice to heart?"

Draco smirked, especially when he felt Harry's head bury itself in his shoulder.

"Actually… Harry started this. Apparently he can't resist my charms." Harry responded to this by punching him in the upper arm. "See? Even now he can't seem to let go of me."

Hermione giggled as Harry fairly leapt of Draco's arms in his haste to disprove what Draco said. "Bastard," Harry muttered under his breath.

"I assure you I was a legitimate birth, yet your words wound me all the same," Draco put a hand to his head in a dramatic gesture.

Hermione giggled again. "You two are so cute!"

"Us two?" Draco queried. "Mr. Potter only stole a kiss; nothing has been said about a relationship, although he did propose the idea of shacking up together. So I suppose he simply wants me for my body."

Harry sputtered.

"Did he really?" Hermione asked in surprise. "That is fast!"

"He's taking it all out of context! I told him that he could live here instead of going underground to get away from his father," Harry protested with a scowl on his face.

"Underground? Did he threaten you?" Hermione asked Draco with concern.

"No, he didn't. But I know the signs; he's always calmest before he lashes out. He was calm, cool, collected and far too quiet at dinner last night. That means he couldn’t speak to me without losing it. I could feel his anger simmering under his magic." Draco shivered. Turning back to Harry he returned to their previous discussion. "I should get going Harry."

"But you can't!" Hermione shouted. "Harry's right, you have to stay here!"

Draco frowned. "Why?"

"How can we put Harry into office and destroy your father's political standing without you here to help us?" Hermione smiled cunningly. "Besides, I need time to research this bonding magic." She winked at Harry who put his face into his hands. "It's a good thing you kissed him Harry, or we would never have known."

Harry moaned into his hands with embarrassment as Draco and Hermione laughed. She winced and sat down. "I swear I'll never have twins again."

"TWINS?" Harry and Draco echoed.

"Yes, stupid genetics. But it's no cause for concern. The healer said I'm fine and thanks to magic I don't have to go through the actual labor. They'll simply apparate the babies out!" Harry smiled. He found out about that when he spoke to Snape about …

His face fell. Walking by his two guests he dove into the pool, transforming his clothes into swim trunks at the last moment. "What a mess," Draco muttered under his breath.

"Why do I get the feeling I'm missing out on something?" Hermione asked putting up her feet in the chair near her.

Draco sat opposite, so he could watch Harry, not that he'd admit that. "Blaise cast a spell on Harry so that he and my baby would live on in any baby that Harry conceives."

At first Hermione looked very upset by the news. Then her face turned to one known to men the world over… she was plotting something. She smiled and Draco was reminded of the one time he went scuba diving and came face to face with a shark, only his magic saving him. He wondered idly if it would save him this time. "Then there's a perfect solution." Draco was amazed at the amount of perfect white teeth Hermione seemed to have in her head. "You father his next child."

Draco choked on his coffee. After a few moments of staring at her gob smacked he shook his head. "Why weren't you sorted into Slytherin? That's what I want to know."

"OH please, all women are naturally cunning and devious, it's in our nature," Hermione waved a hand at him. Draco raised a hand at her honesty and decided to chalk it up to hormones. After all being pregnant with not one but two children and Weasley’s to boot, was bound to make anyone act a bit …off.

Bonding magic…make Potter pregnant…fight against father…going underground here or there…Bonding magic…hmm. I need a plan…a plan…

"Okay here's the deal. I'll stay here to help fight against my father going into office as long as you, Harry and I work on strengthening the wards. In the meantime, you research this bonding magic. All I knew was that stupid little rhyme and never believed it until now. For all I know we can't leave each other's side or are married by wizarding law already." Draco rolled his eyes at the last part, realizing that might actually be the case. Although the fact that Harry was swimming many meters away was a good sign that it wouldn’t be that extreme.

Hermione smiled. "Right then and you keep fighting Harry's advances the way you have been and maybe the twins will soon have someone to play with, eh?"

"Careful Granger, you almost make it sound like I'd be the one having the child. No way. I don't care how easy it is to get out. I refuse to lose sight of the family jewels for any length of time." Draco shook a finger in her face.