Chapter 3 – Draco and Blaise, Snape's revealing truth

Draco was correct in his assumptions. No sooner than they arrived at Snape's house then Severus began to pace back and forth. This was something only a privileged few ever saw, Severus lowering his emotional guards. Draco poured himself a scotch while he waited for the man to settle down. In the meantime, he made himself at home in his favorite leather wingback chair.

Snape's glare soon focused on him and Draco put his glass down. "Let's have it then."

"Have you given any thought at all to what your father will do to you and I when he finds out we've gone behind his back like this?" Snape looked concerned, his right hand going automatically to rub at the mark that lay under his robes on his opposite arm.

"He'll disown me. But I've made provisions and several bolt holes. I assure you I can provide for you as well if we need to go underground. But I'm surprised that you haven't made such escape plans for yourself," Draco explained.

"Don’t be daft, of course I have. Yet, there is safety in numbers. Tell me Draco, do you have a contingency plan if Potter fails to listen to reason?" Snape's eyes pinned him to the chair.

"Yes. It’s called ‘run and don't look back’." Draco rose his glass in a mock toast and took a deep swallow.

Snape smirked. "I'm surprised at you Draco."

"Oh, not you too! Look, I get enough of this read between the lines bullshit with my father. Can you just cut to the chase Severus?" Draco pinched the bridge of his nose to stave off a headache.

"Potter is vulnerable." Snape folded his arms over his chest.

"No kidding. We'll be lucky if he can take the pressure of office," Draco said sarcastically.

Snape took a few steps and batted him sharply across the head. "Being out of Slytherin has dulled your wits… either that or soft living. Think boy!"

Draco frowned in resentment at being called 'boy' and the insult to his pride. He blinked. "Oh no, you can't possibly be serious-"

"Oh, but I am Draco. All those years of fighting between the two of you at Hogwarts… didn't it ever occur to you that perhaps Potter fancied you?" Snape smirked.

"Everyone fancied me, how could they not?" Draco chuckled. "But honestly Severus I think you've gone round the bend on this one. I am not going after Potter."

"Fine, I imagine your father will set his sights on Potter once he realizes what he's up to. What do you think he'll stop at to get Potter by his side and in his bed?"

"That's disgusting," Draco sneered.

"How many of your female conquests did he sleep with to prove to you he was still superior to you? Didn't he try to have a go at Blaise? Hmm?" Severus pointed out.

Draco shivered at the memory.

"Blaise? Baby, are you home?" Draco fairly bounded through the small flat in Hogsmeade. He'd been gone a week in Brazil and missed his lover. Hearing a whimper in the back of the flat he called out again. "Blaise? It's Draco where are you?"

"Draco?"

The tone of voice made the hair on the back of his neck stand up. He took out his wand and ran to the back room.

Furniture lay in ruins, books were everywhere and in the corner, Blaise sat shivering with fear his wand pointed at Draco.

"Baby?" He took a step forward and Blaise looked at him hopefully. Draco's stomach rolled. He'd seen the look before on countless faces, all female. But it appeared his father's perversity for homosexuals had been conquered by his need to control his son.

It was the long hair that always confused them. He truly looked like his father.

"Draco, is it really you?"

"Blaise Baby," Draco whispered and knelt before Blaise. It was then Blaise flung himself at Draco shaking in his arms.

"He tried to…to…"

Relief made Draco sway. Blaise had managed to fight him off. Thank Merlin! Draco wrapped his arms around Blaise tightly and swore revenge.

He was killed two weeks later on the field of battle. Draco kissed him goodbye.

Draco rose to his feet shaky from the memories which assailed his senses. He refilled the crystal tumbler with the amber fluid. "I can't."

"Tell me Draco, did Blaise ever tell you what he was seeing me about the day before the war?" Snape asked quietly.

Draco frowned remembering that Blaise was very excited about something and had left their love nest early in the evening. He said he had to go see Severus, but refused to explain it. "No," Draco held the tumbler tightly refusing to turn around.

"He thought perhaps with a pregnancy potion you'd conceive and –"

"FUCK!" Draco spun and threw the glass into the empty fire grate where it shattered. "Don't even-"

"You know it to be true yourself. Blaise was pregnant with your child when he died fighting at your side. He told me that evening that he planned to convince you to run away to the muggle world. Blaise felt that it was only the law that kept you apart and that a child would make you love him."

"SHUT UP!" Draco sagged to his knees. "YOU LIE!"

"I'm not. And I saw one other young man that night. He too wanted to conceive a child with his lover. Despite what your father has ordered you to do, I know how desperately you want your own child Draco, if for no other reason but to prove to the world that you are not like Lucius!" Snape pulled him to his feet and shook him hard.

"Blaise was desperate to save your child. He cast a spell on Potter that I recognized the second he walked into my classroom –"

"No! He wouldn't! That's illegal!" Draco tried to shake Snape off.

"Nevertheless, he too was a son of a Death Eater. He knew the Dark Arts just as well as you did. Blaise cast the spell on Potter to ensure that if he and the baby died part of it could live on in the first born of Potter. If Potter has a child it will be partly yours!"