Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you Queen Morgan and Silverhope.
Lucius Malfoy lay on the floor, his unseeing eyes staring up at the ceiling. Severus kicked him for good measure. A million memories went through his head, but Lucius had never been able to resist constantly scheming for more power.

“I killed my father,” a soft raspy whisper from behind him. Severus turned back to Draco, who was sitting up wrapped in Potter’s arms on the bed, reverse of their former position. He did his best to disregard that little fact.

“You saved Harry,” Fred announced. “Gone way up in my book you have.”

Harry squeezed Draco tightly. “I’m so sorry Draco.”

The blond looked up into Harry’s face, from where he’d been curled up into his chest. “You mean that don’t you?”

“Of course I did. He was still your father. No one should have to do that, much less for me.” Harry’s face was filled with sadness.

“I couldn’t lose you,” Draco whispered. He turned back into Harry’s chest and pointedly ignored the fact that he was crying.

In the background, the room started to clear out. It was obvious to all that the two needed some time together. Severus and Arthur transported Lucius’ body downstairs, before contacting the Ministry. Fred and George were unhappy to have to leave the scene of the crime but couldn’t get over their joy at the death of Lucius Malfoy.

A red-eyed Draco Malfoy came down the stairs much later with Harry glued to his side. Harry looked at the assembly and cleared his throat. “I’m going to testify on Draco’s behalf. This wasn’t his fault.”

“Of course it wasn’t,” Arthur said in his cheerful way. “But a trial won’t be necessary. Severus and I have already spoken to the Ministry. They seemed quite relieved actually.”

“Quite,” Severus echoed. “Draco, the Manor is now yours. Will you be moving back?”

Harry’s grip grew tighter. He hadn’t thought of that. But Malfoy Manor was Draco’s ancestral home. The blond probably missed the luxuries it afforded, such as a herd of servants. With a gulp, he did what he knew Draco couldn’t do for himself. “Yes, he is.”

“Harry?” Draco asked pushing away from him. “Did you want me to go?”

“Aww isn’t that cute. Ickle Harrykins is in love,” George gushed.

“I think Ickle Dracokins is too,” Fred sighed and the two of them did a dramatic swoon together.

“Please, some of us have recently eaten,” Severus growled.

“Harry? Is that true?” Draco asked at the same time Harry asked, “Draco?”

Severus rolled his eyes. “That’s quite enough. Mr. Potter when your emotions are under control once more we can discuss your campaign.” He strode briskly out of the house.

“Time to go boys!” Arthur said cheerily. “I do believe you have a brother-gone-wrong to prank?”

The grins shared by the twins made both Harry and Draco shiver. Leaving en masse the Weasleys departed.

Harry released Draco to arms length to look him in the eye. “It’s over Draco. You can go home if you want to. I don’t want you to lose that place; I know what it means to you.”
Draco was silent. Harry pressed on. “I’ll still run for office if that’s what you want. Although I think you’d be better at it.”

Draco snorted at that, shaking his head. “No thanks. Besides you don’t know a thing.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

Draco sighed and began to count off of his fingers. “One, no one will ever want a Malfoy in office and that’s fine by me. Two, everyone will want you in office. You might as well move into the Ministry and be done with it. Three, no one will want to see me at your side…”

“Who doesn’t know anything? Draco you’re gorgeous but thick! I love you!” Harry smiled happily. “I don’t really want to be Minister either. This was all shoved on to me, remember?”

“Hmm, okay so no Ministry. And I’ll only move home on one condition.” Draco announced crossing his arms. “You move in with me. There’s no way I can …especially now.” Draco looked over his shoulder, but Harry knew he was holding back more tears.

“I have another idea.” Harry put forth. “Let’s get a place together.”

Draco laughed. “That will go over big I’m sure. People will think I put Imperious on you.”

“Too bad, look this place is okay when it was just me. But I want you in my life.”

“Thanks to Black family magic, you are STUCK with me in your life Potter.” Draco looked down unhappily.

Harry lifted his chin. “Lucky me,” he whispered before kissing Draco soundly.


Time went on. Hermione and Snape found out they were related, cousins actually, which explained their odd attraction toward one another as well as Hermione's attention to detail.
Hermione gave birth to her twins, with “Uncle Severus” on hand.

With lessons from Severus she ruled the roost so firmly that Ron finally gave in and became quite docile, never fighting with anyone again. Although it took a very long time to recover from the numerous pranks his brothers had set upon him, especially the blinking tattoo on his forehead that proclaimed happily for several months, “I am a wanker!” But it finally faded after a few months. The pink hair had stayed but the polka dots in it had faded.

Snape finally found a nice German Potions Professor and settled down not long after Draco and Harry bought their rambling home in Wales, overlooking the coast. His newly born second cousins came to visit quite often.

Harry and Draco had learned an important lesson that day Lucius died. No matter how trivial it seemed, they never lied to each other again. They always talked and communicated, putting their love for each other first. Their love for their fellow man had been the catalyst for so much and they rarely communicated with anyone outside of their friends, preferring the quiet calm that was their life.

Their love had flourished, and became the stuff of legend teaching all it was heaven on earth to love their fellow man and to love them well.
Chapter End Notes:
I will admit that this one got away from me - big time. So my apologies for my waywardness. What I wanted to do with this one and what happened were two different things. However, I hope it was fluffy enough for my regular readers, to which I owe so very, very much.