Your Fellow Man, Ch. 16
Beta: Onyx Ice

Slowly Harry made his way upstairs, his footsteps seeming loud in his own ears. But not as loud as the sounds of the shower, where he knew Draco was alone and hurting. It was all he could do to remember to breathe. He was scared and nervous. Yet, he felt the shower calling to him like a Siren.

There was a tribal calling in him driving him forth. Dimly he wondered if he was in control of his own actions. Was it the Black Bond? Or was it his own desires and needs that he’d suppressed for a decade? Had Draco’s pain awaken something deep inside seeing the vulnerable side of one who was always so strong?

Gulping past the last of his fears he began to disrobe. As the air hit his skin, a shiver of excitement rushed through him. Yes, he would need to comfort Draco first and foremost. But would something else happen? This would be a large leap forward.

Boldly, he slipped his swim trunks to the floor and clenched a towel in his hand. Bravely, he stepped toward the door for the bathroom. It was time to cast off the past as he had his clothing. Draco needed him and he would not let him down.

“Harry Potter! You is not wearing any clothes!”

Harry yelped, turned and covered his bits with his towel in one smooth motion to see Dobby staring at him in amazement.

“Dobby!” Harry hissed, looking back over his shoulder longingly toward the door. “What are you doing here?”

A frown covered Dobby’s face. “How is the water running when you is out here?”

Harry felt a full blush cover his body. “I have, um, company Dobby….company that I was just about to join IN THE SHOWER.” Harry hissed as loudly as he dared glancing over his shoulder once more.

Dobby pulled on his ears. “Oh, I is sorry Harry Potter. Dobby will wait here until you are done.”

Closing his eyes, Harry sighed. There was no way he could possibly do anything with Dobby hanging about outside the shower. “Please Dobby just tell me quickly and then go.”

Nodding, Dobby told of the revolt he’d been staging inside of Malfoy Manor to free his fellow elves. Lucius was completely oblivious to the fact that all the house elves still imprisoned by Master Malfoy were no longer loyal. In fact, they wanted to bring him down for the tide had changed in the house elf realm, where almost all house elves were free! The only ones still tied to a family were paid free elves who’d decided of their own accord not to go back to their homeland or those kept in Malfoy Manor.

It had been Dobby who had told the other elves from here to the homeland, what horrible acts of cruelty were suffered at the Manor. He was their liaison to the others. And while it was true that the Great Harry Potter himself had freed Dobby and his friend the Incredible Hermione Granger started the campaign of blessed SPEW, Dobby was still connected to the Manor and the elves in it. House elf slavery was an old magic, centuries old. But his work had earned him the title of Dobby the Liberator.

“That’s great Dobby! And perfect timing too! I’m going to be running for Minister of Magic.” Harry said softly.

“I will help the Great Harry Potter in anyway I can. Is there any way that you can help Dobby? I do not like to ask, but they all look up to me and –“ Dobby looked down at the floor twisting his ears a bit.

Patting Dobby on the shoulder, Harry did his best to offer reassurance. “As soon as I get elected, now Dobby, if you don’t mind?”

“Harry is that you?” came a voice from behind Harry, making Dobby’s eyes go wide with recognition.

“Harry Potter has Draco Malfoy in his shower!” He pointed his hand toward the door with an angry conviction on his face.

“No! Dobby don’t! You don’t understand.” Harry stood directly in front of the elf. “Draco and I are, well, um, together. He’s not bad. That’s why he left the Manor to get away from his father. He’s offered to support me when I run against Lucius.”

Dobby’s mouth had formed a small, shocked ‘o’. Draco picked that moment to come out and look from one to the other in confusion. “Harry?”

“Stay behind me Draco,” Harry urged. Draco gave a small moan as Harry’s bare ass collided with the front of his towel causing an instant reaction. The intimate contact caused Harry’s eyes to close momentarily. Draco’s did as well, each forgetting their diminutive guest in favor of each other. Instinctively, they turned slightly and their lips met hungrily. Their magic crackled around them eagerly.

Dobby gasped, ending their kiss abruptly and leaving Harry to fumble for his bit of towel. They turned back toward Dobby and Draco helped Harry cover himself better.

“Your m-magic-“ Dobby stammered.

“Oh right, I didn’t get the chance to tell you that it seems Draco and I are under some sort of Black Love thing.” Harry shrugged. Behind him Draco shook his head at the inept explanation.

“The Great Harry Potter is bound to Draco Malfoy by the Black Bonding Magic?” Dobby whispered.

“Um, something like that yeah,” Harry shrugged.

“Oh for Merlin’s sake,” came a voice from the hallway. “Honestly, you two. Go do, whatever and I’ll talk to Dobby.”

They both turned to the door. “Hermione?” Harry asked in confusion. “What are you doing back?”

She shrugged. “Who can sleep when they are having twins? Besides I really don’t sleep well without Ron around and he seems to be out with his brothers.”

“I did not need to know that,” Draco whispered in Harry’s ear and Harry barely fought off a laugh.

“That would be great Hermione. Please?” Harry pleaded instead.

“I said I would wouldn’t I?” She looked over at Dobby. “Care to join me for a cup of tea and we can talk?”

“The Incredible Hermione Granger Weasley has asked me to tea!” Dobby squeaked happily running after her, leaving Harry and Draco alone.

Harry breathed a sigh of relief as the door closed again. “Care to tell me why you were out here with only a towel in front of your bits talking to my old house elf?” Draco whispered into his ear.

Torn between blushing awkwardly and pushing himself back into Draco, Harry bit his lip and shook his head. “Right, then am I correct to assume you were coming to join me?” A gentle kiss was placed by the blond below his earlobe and Harry felt his towel being lifted into the air. “Mmm, that’s a ‘yes’.”