Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to Nefernat & MJ
"Well, this is cozy," Hermione whispered as she entered Harry's house. Having just walked into the sitting room, she was greeted by the sight of Harry lying on Draco's chest sound asleep while Draco stroked his hair.

Draco looked up at her. "Um, it's not what you think," he whispered.

She smirked. "You're right. Because to me it looks like you're falling head over heels for Harry, so quite clearly I'm mistaken."

"Exactly," Draco nodded.

"Mmm, Draco," Harry moaned curling and uncurling over Draco, until he was lying fully out on top of him once more. Hermione giggled. Draco bit his lip to fight back a moan but in doing so he wasn't able to stop the smile that reached his eyes.

"It looks like denial on both your parts to me. But I think I'll just head into the kitchen," Hermione winked and walked away.

Draco silently gave her another notch up in his book for having the decency to do so. He waited until he couldn't see her anymore and kissed the top of Harry's head. "Hey, Harry, it's time to wake up."

Large green eyes blinked slowly awake as Draco looked on, becoming lost in them. It was all he could do to not get aroused. "Draco?"

"Yes, that's me. The living, breathing mattress you're on." Harry looked ready to spring away so Draco held on tighter. "Haven't you been sleeping well?" True concern flooded his voice and instead of being embarrassed Harry found himself smiling.

"Not really," Harry admitted as he stretched.

"Well then, I insist we do this again." Harry's panicked look returned once more. "I swear we won't do anything more than you're comfortable with, well, at least as long as your cold water holds out."

Harry chuckled. They looked at each other for a long moment. "Okay."

Draco smiled and stole a quick kiss. "Granger is in the kitchen waiting for you. I think I'll just nip upstairs for some of that water I mentioned." Harry nodded and rolled off Draco, and watched him go upstairs. He sighed happily. It took him a moment to shake off the warm feeling and go to the kitchen.

Hermione looked up at him over the paper. "Well." She folded it and put it down. "I take it Draco went upstairs?"

"Yeah," Harry grinned, grabbing a soda out of the refrigerator and sitting down. Hermione had already helped herself to some juice.

"So…" Hermione smiled knowingly, lifting her eyes up to the ceiling as the sound of the shower started. "What's going on with you two?" She rubbed her stomach lazily.

"Nothing." Harry smiled back.

"Have you done more than kiss yet?" She raised her eyebrow inquiringly.

"Not too much," Harry's face fell.

Hermione frowned, "Why not?"

Harry got to his feet and began to clean the counters. "I can't Hermione, not yet."

"What do you mean 'not yet'? Harry!" Hermione shook her head in exasperation, giving up even trying to be delicate. "It's been ten years!"

Harry played with the condensation on the can before asking. "Why do you think Charlie did it?"

"Did what? OH, that." Hermione was quiet for a moment. "He thought he needed to, I suppose. After all when did he ever fight beside you before that? Maybe he thought you weren't ready."

Harry shook his head, heading to clean something else. "Was I the only one who didn't see it that way?"

"You saw yourself through his eyes because you loved him that much." Hermione grabbed his arm as he went by and dragged him back to the table, as much as her bulky frame would allow. "What did he say?"

"Who?" Harry asked tossing his cleaning cloth into the sink.

"Draco! Don't be obtuse, Harry. What did Draco say to you about Charlie’s final act?" She looked at Harry wondering if Draco had been able to see something and get Harry to see it too.

"He…well…that is to say…Draco thought that he didn't trust me to hold my own," Harry whispered. "Do you think I would have survived the killing curse again?"

Hermione sighed. "Probably, but then again, Charlie only had a second to think. If he'd had two then perhaps he'd be here today. Regardless, it's not your fault." She looked Harry over. "But that's not all of it is it?"

"No, I suppose not. Hermione what do you think of Draco and me?"

"Does it matter what I or anyone else thinks?" Hermione wished for the old days when Harry had self-confidence. In his final act, though it may have been done out of pure love, Charlie had taken that from him. She wondered if Harry would ever recover. Perhaps Draco could put that confidence back where it belonged. "For what it's worth, I think he cares about you and that you two could really work. After all, this whole magic binding thing seems to be a sign, right?"

"Right Granger," Draco strolled in. His hair was damp and he looked completely at home in a loose pair of drawstring pants and simple t-shirt. Harry blinked in surprise at his attire. So did Hermione. "What? A fellow can't be comfortable to cook dinner?"

"You're going to cook dinner?" Hermione asked in surprise. "Okay, I have to see this." She sipped at her juice, pinning them both with an amused look.

"Would you like some help?" Harry asked.

The corner of Draco's mouth twitched. "Thank you. I was thinking of making spaghetti."

"I'll take care of the pasta and salad," Harry offered.

"Fine, I'll handle the sauce and garlic bread," Draco nodded and they set to work.

Hermione pulled a baby book out of thin air and proceeded to look it over. Harry looked at her curiously. "What are you doing Hermione?"

"I’m trying to pick out baby names without the Weasley's around. I will not have my children named after some family member I don’t even have a passing acquaintance with."

"Does this mean that poor Severus is off your list again?" Draco smirked. "I'm sure he'll be heartbroken."