Chapter 10


In another part of the wizarding world, a blond aristocrat was pacing. He was, in fact, fuming with rage. Turning to a house elf he snapped, kicked it roughly before asking, "What do you mean he's not been here since last night?!"

"I'm sorry Master, but no one has seen nor heard from Master Draco since-" Lucius kicked it again to shut it up. It got the hint and cowered taking a few steps out of range. Lucius started to pace, despite the fact he thought the mere act was plebian to the extreme. He was just too mad to care.

Finally stopping, he went to his desk. Pulling out a muggle map he cast a locator spell to find his son's magic. After an hour of trying, he threw the map aside. "Damn it! Either someone is hiding him or he's smart enough not to use his magic!"

Deciding he could stand it in the Manor no more, he set out to check the homes of friends and associates of Draco's. Perhaps in one, he could find the answer. If nothing else he could use the time to sway others to his side for the election. With a sigh of relief, the house elf watched him go. After waiting a moment, he too vanished to get word to Dobby.

Lucius Malfoy, an abuser to house elves, was never privy to the fact that all house elves still imprisoned by Master Malfoy were no longer loyal. They wanted to bring him down. The tide had changed in the house elf realm. Almost all house elves were free. The only ones still tied to a family were paid free elves who'd decided not to go back to their homeland or those in Malfoy Manor.

It had been Dobby who had told the other elves from here to the homeland, what horrible acts of cruelty were suffered at the Manor. He was their liaison to the others. And while it was true that the Great Harry Potter himself had freed Dobby and his friend the Incredible Hermione Granger started the campaign of blessed SPEW, Dobby was still connected to the Manor and the elves in it. House elf slavery was an old magic, centuries old.

Of course, Dobby was now known as Dobby the Liberator. It was hard to believe that at one time the house elves all thought he was mad for wanting to be free. But as Dobby spread the word of the injustice he saw as he visited household after household, the house elves saw at long last they were being taken advantage of to the point of making them the lowliest of all in the Wizarding kingdom.

Insanity really, especially when you consider Dobby the Liberator could have killed the Dark Wizard Voldemort with a snap of his fingers. Any house elf could do magic twice as strong as any wizard alive, except perhaps the Great Harry Potter.

Lost in thought, Dicey almost forgot to bow before Dobby when he arrived at the house of the Liberator. Dicey blinked at the splendor Dobby had achieved since he'd visited last. Dobby was sporting all new socks, at least a dozen… at once!! Dicey bowed deeply.

"Dicey! Are you free at last?" Dobby asked hopefully, helping Dicey up. He thought the whole bowing thing was silly. He would have much preferred more socks after all.

"No Dobby. And Master Draco has run away from the Manor. Master Lucius has gone to look for him and he's very, very mad!" Dobby nodded, patted Dicey on the shoulder for the good work and vanished with a snap of his fingers. But Dicey didn't notice, overwhelmed she'd fainted from the mere touch of Dobby the Liberator.

~~~~~~~~
While in another part of the wizarding world, Ronald Weasley was running for it. He ducked, swerved and ran but it was no use. Hermione's aim with a book was second to none, she pegged him again. "OW!" Ron yelped.

He rubbed the back of his head and tried to make it to the door of their flat. "OH NO! Ronald!" Hermione cried and another book hit him in the shoulder. He turned to complain only to find a rather large copy of "Weasley Wizarding Wheezes Store Stock", which was truly a very thick book, only a breath away from breaking his nose. It hovered magically in the air in front of him. Ron gulped.

"Now then," Hermione casually picked up a kitchen knife twirling it in her hands, "who can tell me what friends I am allowed to keep? AND BEFORE you say something incredibly stupid, know this, the knife drawer contains the next items to be thrown at you… even if I have to repeatedly heal you to hurt you some more."

Ron paled considerably. "Err."

"If “err” translates to "no one is allowed to pick my friends for me" you might live to see another day without a great many scars, Ronald." Hermione glared at her husband. The babies in her belly kicked furiously as if they too wanted to get in on the action.

"Um, I love you Hermione," Ron smiled weakly.

"Right, try another one. You are not getting off with that… again." Hermione's continued cold glare spoke volumes as to the veracity of that statement.

"But-"

"Did I mention how DULL these knives are?" Hermione shook her head as if in dismay. "I've heard dull knives hurt so much more when they cut you then sharp ones. I've always wondered if it was true. If we test it out, then I could write a paper on my research. Of course, we'll have to spend a lot of time at the library to properly –"

"NO!" Ron yelled. The only reason Hermione had gotten pregnant after so many years of marriage was that the local library had been closed for renovations. He suspected his mother was behind it. But his mind refused to go there. Ron gulped.

"No, what?" Hermione hissed in a dangerously low tone of voice.

"Um, no it's wrong of me to keep you from your…" Ron looked green.

"My what? Say it!" Hermione prodded, while painting a magical bulls-eye on his forehead with ease.

"Friends!" Ron gasped; his eyes crossed watching the bulls-eye appear.

"See and your sister thought you could never be taught," Hermione smirked. The book fell to the ground, the mark on Ron's forehead disappeared and he sank to the floor shaking.

"You're scary, do you know that?!" He said in an unsteady breath.

Hermione smiled, glancing at the refrigerator door before retrieving a victory snack. Her mother recently sent her a magnet that she was oddly proud of. It featured a red rabbit with a devils' tail and read "Not that evil, Not that good either." The twins kicked in happy agreement. Hermione hoped they were both girls. She chuckled at the thought of what Ron's life value would amount to then!