Chapter 7 – Epilogue

“Shu-chan what are you doing?” Yuki asked as he sucked on a strawberry Poki stick, standing in the doorway to their bedroom. It had been over a month since he’d quit smoking and had developed a taste for the sweets that Shuichi had so adored. But Shuichi would sometimes tease him when he held it like a cigarette in his hands, or would try to tap ashes off it. Yuki would just glare at him and give a small smile declaring it was a force of habit.

Shuichi looked up from the bag that he’d been packing into the curious eyes of his lover. “Getting ready to pick up where our tour left off.”

Yuki dropped his strawberry stick in alarm. Visions of Shuichi lying in the hospital, working in Physical Therapy and with the physiatrist to get his memories back crashed over him like a wave. “You aren’t going!”

Shuichi frowned. “Of course I am. The band has been waiting for me to recover and I am fully recovered. Why wouldn’t I go?”

“SHUICHI!!! I can’t believe you! After everything you’ve been through, you want to go on tour again? On one of those buses? What if this happens again? Besides baka, you might be rushing it! Can’t it wait? What about local venues?” Yuki could feel the panic rising up in his throat. He felt literally sick at the thought of Shuichi going on tour. Plus, he’d be all alone. Yuki had finally gotten used to being with Shuichi some part of everyday. He wasn’t going to lose that now!

“What is with you? I thought you’d be glad to get the place to yourself for some piece and quiet to write!” Shuichi answered standing up.

“Look you’re the Uke in this relationship and you’ll do what I tell you. There is NO WAY I’m letting you go, especially on one of those crazy tour buses again.” Yuki folded his arms over his chest.

Shuichi’s mouth fell open. Yuki had never played the Uke card before. He stared at his lover in total disbelief. That’s when he saw the emotion just brimming under the surface in Yuki’s eyes. “You’re scared.”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Why would I ever be scared about anything to do with a punk like you?” Yuki turned his back to the room so Shuichi couldn’t see he was about to cry. Did he mean so little to Shuichi that he would go off and not think twice about it?

“You are scared. You really love me that much?” Shuichi asked happily.

“Of course I do! You have to ask, even after all that time I spent by your hospital bed wondering if you’d ever be the same and if I’d ever my baka back!” Yuki yelled.

“YUKI!” Shuichi yelled happily, tackling the taller, older man to the floor in an enthusiastic hug. “I love you so much!”

A small smile appeared on Yuki’s face as he was cuddled by his younger lover. There was a time he thought that they’d never have this again. Just that thought was enough to make his heart clench in fear. There was no way he’d let Shuichi out of his sight again. “IF you insist on being a total baka and doing this well then, I’m going with you. And I’m driving!”

“What? But what about your book and your editors? Won’t you get in trouble?” Shuichi knew that ever since they’d returned home Yuki’s editors had been relentless. The saga of Shuichi and Yuki was something that Eiri Yuki’s readers were hoping to see glimpses of in his romantic novels.

“I’ll bring my laptop. While you’re practicing and setting up for the shows I can be writing in the VIP lounge or hotel room, whatever,” Yuki waved a hand in a sign of indifference.

“But you said you never wanted to stay in a hotel room ever again!” Shuichi cried with tears now flowing down his cheeks.

“Well, not for that long and never with you in the hospital,” Yuki said softly wiping away Shuichi’s tears. “Besides this way I can keep you safe from all your groupies.” Yuki smirked.

“But the press will probably find out you are there with me and hound us again about being lovers.” Shuichi pouted.

“Well, why don’t we give them something new to wonder about then?” Yuki sat up pushing Shuichi off and walked over to his nightstand. Shuichi watched him in confusion then walked over, sat on the bed and tried to look over Yuki’s shoulder to see what he was doing.

“Yuki, what’s that?” Shuichi pointed at the tiny box that Yuki had taken out of the drawer.

“Something I bought while you were in the hospital. I think I was coming down with the flu or some deadly disease at the time to make me do it.” Yuki teased handing Shuichi the same dark brown velvet box.

Shuichi held it with trembling hands. “Yuki?”

“Go on, open it. The box won’t bite you crazy baka.” Shuichi nodded at his lover’s words and opened the box to see a matched pair of gold rings with silver inlay. He gasped.

“They’re beautiful.”

“Well, of course they are. I picked them out. You didn’t think I’d let you pick out our commitment rings do you?” Yuki teased further. “Now I paid good money for this and I expect to see it on your finger all the time got that?”

Shuichi just nodded and began to bawl. Yuki rolled his eyes as he was treated to one of Shuichi’s famous saline baths. He patted Shuichi on the back and kissed him on the head. “YOU LOVE ME!” Shuichi wailed.

“You are such a baka. Why else would I put up with you this long?” Yuki sighed. “Now are you going to let me put this on you, or what? All these tears are starting to annoy me. I might just have to take these back to the jewelers.”

Shuichi’s tears dried up as instantly as they started and Yuki shook his head. Taking out the smaller ring he carefully placed in on Shuichi’s finger. Shaking like a leaf Shuichi did the same action for Yuki placing the matching larger ring on his ring finger.

“Are we married now?” Shuichi whispered.

“No, just committed to each other, and to me that means just as much if not more.” Yuki pushed Shuichi down to the bed, lust suddenly filling his eyes. “You know that when I go with you on tour this time we’ll get our own room.”

“Oh that will be so cool! We can watch movies and play games together!” Shuichi squealed happily.

“We can do more than that, let me show you,” Yuki said and began to illuminate Shuichi on exactly what else they would be doing.

The end