Freefall Ch. 9

For once, Harry wished for the distraction of classes. He needed to think, and there was no way to do it with Lucius around. Eyeing the library shelves, he took down a book that he hoped had the information he wanted and began to read.

Soulmate (or soul mate) is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, and/or compatibility.
A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join.
Soul Mates and Twin Flames are not the same thing. Soul Mates are other souls that have agreed to connect with you on this planet for a purpose. In some cases, it is to clear up karma, in other cases it is to finish unfinished business, and for some, it is to accomplish a particular goal together. These relationships may be
a joy to be in or these relationships may be a pain in your life. Either way, they are here for a reason.

When Soul Mates first meet they sometimes feel as if they already know each other. They may feel very familiar to each other. Soul Mates can have a beautiful relationship together, but it will take work. Soul Mate relationships may last a lifetime and others may only be for a particular purpose and be temporary. You can have more than one Soul Mate in a lifetime.

Twin Flames are very different and very rare. Twin Flames are two people in two separate bodies that share the same Soul. (See ancient Greek creation stories)

Twin Flames meet each other in their first incarnation so that they remember the soul frequency of the other being. They are then usually reunited on their last time to this planet. If Twin Flames meet before they are ready they can be the total opposite and not at all compatible. When Twin Flames meet, and are ready for each other, it is the most enjoyable experience possible on Earth.

At this point, Twin Flames are almost identical. They truly compliment each other and it is a hardship for them to be apart. As an outside observer, it is sometimes hard to distinguish the two people. They also have a very strong bond and often have telepathy with each other. Their lives even before meeting each other have many parallels. Again, meeting your Twin Flame is very rare on this planet.

What follows below is the spell to determine if your Soul Mate is only that or is in fact your Twin Flame.

Harry fingered his wand nervously. What if he and Lucius were actually Twin Flames and so opposite from each other simply because they were not really ready to be together? Would it make any difference in the long run? Either way he was still going to wind up bonded to the blond.

No one seemed to be giving him any choice. As a matter of fact, everyone seemed quite ready to leave him to his fate. Harry doubted it had much to do with Draco lying in pain in the hospital, but more of a given that he would readily offer himself to save another.

His eyes drifted toward the window looking out over the grounds with a heavy heart. Was it just him? Was he acting like his heart was made of stone? It was so hard to think clearly. He just always pictured a time where he'd get some time on his own. Now, that hope was dashed.

Once again, his life seemed targeted. Someone seemed to have missed the message that his sacrifice was done, complete and over! Clearly, someone had it in for him. Harry sighed deeply and tried to think of any good points to the situation.

Well, he wouldn't be alone. But, he couldn't really move past the fact that Lucius was part of the group of Death Eaters who'd killed his godfather! So, that pretty much cancelled out each other.

Lucius was more than likely to place him up on some platform or pedestal. But, hadn't he had enough of that? Lucius was probably thinking in terms of what Harry could do for his family name. Harry frowned. That was a double bad item, no good in it at all.

His sacrifice would save Draco. Harry rolled his eyes. Draco, who couldn't stand him, who he had to convince this was a good thing and would probably spend the rest of his days being mad that Harry had taken up residence in their lives.

Harry twisted the situation this way and that. It made him tired, and he could feel a headache coming in on the edge of his consciousness. He used to see the world in black and white. Now, he knew better and could see the shades of gray. He felt as though there was no meaning to his life, just what was inflicted on him by others.

Surely, even if he and Lucius were Twin Flames, they would never live in perfect symmetry or harmony. If they were simply soul mates, who was to say there was not a better suited soul mate out there waiting for him?

Thinking briefly upon what had happened in the potions room, Harry had to admit if only to himself that even his sexuality was up in the air. As much as he hated to admit it, Lucius made him feel alive. His heart had raced at the mere proximity of the handsome blond.

The hardest part of the whole situation would be to let go out of his hatred. Strange, how no one seemed to think he was incapable of doing just that. He could almost taste how they all thought he was capable of such sweeping forgiveness. But, he wasn't the saint they'd all made him out to be. He wasn't sure he could let it go.

True, his hatred seemed to come and go. The hardest part was to realize that possibly in time he might forgive Lucius and, if he did, wasn't he betraying Sirius? Or, was it just that in its own twisted way, that was his last tie to his godfather?

Fighting back tears, Harry stared sightlessly out the window.

Deep in the shadows of the stacks, Harry was watched by one Lucius Malfoy. He watched the myriad of conflicting emotions over the young man's face. Swallowing back the taste of fear in his throat, he left the library to return to the Infirmary. Obviously, Potter didn't care how they might be connected, or for the prediction. It didn't matter if they even belonged together; there was no way Potter could let go of his anger.

The question now was would Draco only suffer for the rest of his days or would he slip away from him? Not for the first time, Lucius felt deep despair coil around his heart, constricting it tightly. Why had he even entertained the thought of going through with this? It wasn't as if Draco would ever approve and would more than likely be happy to die rather than have Potter in the family.

His emotions teetered backwards and forwards unyielding to any sense of logic. But, in the end, Potter's life was his own to give away or keep. Declaring himself a fool for entertaining any help from the Gryffindor, Lucius cursed himself a thousand times over.

While the situation is less than ideal, no one could deny that some attraction existed.

Lucius was surprised to find that bothered him, but he would hold his tongue while his emotions and thoughts kept turning, making it difficult to tell which way he was going and whence he'd come.